MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns "not in the clear" - removal of their "formal suspect" status does not mean they are innocent, judges say

+22
froggy
niklasericson
Mimi
dogs don't lie
Dee Coy
Admin
Heisenburg
chrissie
espeland
PMR
Freedom
Birdy
Helenmeg
AndyB
Bampots
Châtelaine
Poe
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
TheTruthWillOut
Andrew
bluebell
26 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

McCanns "not in the clear" - removal of their "formal suspect" status does not mean they are innocent, judges say - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns "not in the clear" - removal of their "formal suspect" status does not mean they are innocent, judges say

Post  Bampots Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:04 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Poe wrote:Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Rothley Towers.

But I do hope that someone is keeping a watchful eye on the twins. They are victims in this too.

Absolutely, Poe.

As much as I want to see the whole truth come out and justice served, then I really do feel so sorry for the twins. I wish them well and some sort of normality. It's such a shame for them.

I've said a few times the last few years I only expect most of the truth of what happened. I do doubt jail sentences at the minute but that would mean a lot of uncomfortable questioning for the Police' £12 million plus spend. Even in the other big cases that are resolved there are articles specifically about the the amount of money and resources used. April Jones, Shannon Matthews, Alice Gross etc.
Dont know about uncomfortable TTWO......they chucked a toy car on the table for Ben Needham claimed they knew who had commited the crime but couldnt prosecute due to lack of evidence and since then  nothing.....thats it .....nada... nowt !

Bampots

Back to top Go down

McCanns "not in the clear" - removal of their "formal suspect" status does not mean they are innocent, judges say - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns "not in the clear" - removal of their "formal suspect" status does not mean they are innocent, judges say

Post  espeland Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:06 pm

I do doubt jail sentences at the minute

In Portugal: leaving children unattended
In UK: Fraud
In both: Significant wastage of police time, Conspiracy.

Last edited by espeland on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:07 pm

Bampots wrote:Heres a thought.....it does worry me the way this game  seems  to be put on for us.....how many of the stories newspapers actually put them on the front page......or anypage for that matter......my wife is unaware of most of the bollocks going on because she only reads newspaper

Online publication is a way of testing the water as it's much easier to pull a story off the internet than to pull it off paper. That the articles haven't been withdrawn would indicate that the threat of a good Carter Rucking has been neutralised.

If that is the case, I expect to see the media milking this story for every penny they can get both on the internet and in print over the coming days.

We shall see.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:12 pm

espeland wrote:

In both: Significant wastage of police time.

Maybe just Gerry should own up and carry the can for all of it. Confess it was him and him alone. Do a stretch in Portugal for a few years but at least the twins can carry on with some degree of normality. He owes them that much.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm

@NickE - Thanks. I thought it was but my Swedish is a bit rusty these days.

For our Spanish friends as well:

http://www.lainformacion.com/mundo/portuguesa-Madeleine-McCann-sospechosos-inocentes_0_998000441.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:16 pm

To be honest, I'm [still] worried about the twins too. There's this avalanche of on-line and newspaper fury. And I always remember the scariest sentences [apart from Ms genitals] by Kate: A car-crash and all be together, pushing a button and all be together. How are they going to handle this? And who'll look after those children?

ETA Andrew: just saw your post whilst I was writing mine.
If one of them would own up to what happened, it would indeed IMO be the best solution.

Last edited by Châtelaine on Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:20 pm

Andrew wrote:
espeland wrote:

In both: Significant wastage of police time.

Maybe just Gerry should own up and carry the can for all of it. Confess it was him and him alone. Do a stretch in Portugal for a few years but at least the twins can carry on with some degree of normality. He owes them that much.

I've added Conspiracy to the list - making an enormous number of people liable.

I suspect OG and the PJ would both rather interview Kate (alone of course), so I doubt if Gerry could carry the can.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:20 pm

Châtelaine wrote:To be honest, I'm [still] worried about the twins too. There's this avalanche of on-line and newspaper fury. And I always remember the scariest sentences [apart from Ms genitals] by Kate: A car-crash and all be together, pushing a button and all be together. How are they going to handle this? And who'll look after those children?

There are plenty of family members available, so I don't think that would be a problem.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:22 pm

froggy wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:To be honest, I'm [still] worried about the twins too. There's this avalanche of on-line and newspaper fury. And I always remember the scariest sentences [apart from Ms genitals] by Kate: A car-crash and all be together, pushing a button and all be together. How are they going to handle this? And who'll look after those children?

There are plenty of family members available, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Be a problem if the majority of them get done for perverting the course of justice though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:23 pm

froggy wrote:

The same family members, who kept silent for 10 years?

ETA: "snap" Andrew :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

So that's Sweden, Holland and Timbuktu they can't flee to! Not forgetting the USA and all Commonwealth countries.

Russia?
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

Yes, I was just about to ask if there are any "untainted" family members? Maybe Gerry's sister Jackie who has sensibly kept out of the circus.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:28 pm

I am again interjecting here, please be mindful about what is said. No one has had a trial, and no one has been found guilty as yet. Although press are repeating the 'not cleared' words it also follows that no one has been accused or are guilty.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:29 pm

I cant help feeling that Broadside was a deliberate move - and timed - to strike now. It has certainly helped put in the public's mind a few things
about 'faked abduction' 'trophy toy' ' all had breakfast together and said 'Bye Darling ' to portray happy family.

What next?

I think you mean The Moorside.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:30 pm

You're right, Candyfloss. But I think we were only thinking ahead of "things" and worried about the children. Forgivable, I hope.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:31 pm

Helenmeg wrote:I cant help feeling that Broadside was a deliberate move - and timed - to strike now. It has certainly helped put in the public's mind a few things
about 'faked abduction' 'trophy toy' ' all had breakfast together and said 'Bye Darling ' to portray happy family.

What next?  

Broadside.... scratch

Moorside...?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

Châtelaine wrote:
froggy wrote:

The same family members, who kept silent for 10 years?

ETA: "snap" Andrew :-)

Nobody really knows what the family might know, rather than suspect. Those pursued would be the ones who actively assisted, rather than sat passively on the sidelines.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:37 pm

Andrew wrote:
Helenmeg wrote:I cant help feeling that Broadside was a deliberate move - and timed - to strike now. It has certainly helped put in the public's mind a few things

What next?  

Broadside.... scratch

Moorside...?

Sorry! must have had Broadmoor on my mind (cant think why...)
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:40 pm

espeland wrote:So that's Sweden, Holland and Timbuktu they can't flee to! Not forgetting the USA and all Commonwealth countries.

Russia?
Will be watching the Cyprus Mail carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Thu 09 Feb 2017, 3:55 pm

I wasn't even thinking that far ahead for the twins.

Can you imagine how it will feel for them to find out about the Portuguese Supreme Court verdict? That court believes the man who their parents hate with a passion and says that their parents were not found innocent.

They have more understanding of events than they did as toddlers. They will also have to run the gauntlet of their peers at school and kids can be vicious.

They're also at that age where they are both full of raging hormones which is a difficult time for all youngsters.

I'm sure that this site is "monitored" on behalf of the McCanns so, whoever you are, please make sure that Sean and Amelie are helped as much as possible.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:03 pm

Not sure if they do monitor, but none the less: I second!
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next