MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

+29
Burst
dogs don't lie
hesla
Justformaddiemccann
AndyB
Poppy
Jellybot
candyfloss
Praia de Suiza
Mimi
saloongirl
ROMAntici
Anne
KathyBelle
Admin
Poe
Fiat500
Meteor
travis macbickle
Lioned
Dee Coy
Cristobell
dantezebu
Baldrick
Andrew
Châtelaine
chilli
coppernob
Freedom
33 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 7 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:01 pm

Joana Morais @xklamation 2 mins2 minutes ago
Brenda Leyland's son is also being abused by UK media - Ipso this #McCann http://mirr.im/1s5kczi 

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 7 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  Freedom Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:12 pm

I don't think that this article, dreadful as it is with its lies about vile tweets, can be classed as being abusive to Ben.

There's nothing in it that insults him.

Last edited by Freedom on Tue 07 Oct 2014, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Texts corrected to tweets)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:13 pm

Link copied and pasted from CF's above post. Pics won't copy over.

The grieving son of a woman who took her own life after being branded a troll says “no-one has a clue” what she was really like.

Churchgoing Brenda Leyland tweeted 4,220 times about the McCann family over the disappearance of their three-year-old daughter, Madeline, in 2007.

The divorcee’s messages accused Madeleine’s parents Gerry and Kate, both 46, of neglect and a cover-up over the disappearance of their daughter in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

The 63-year-old was found dead at a Leicestershire hotel - days after she was confronted outside her home by Sky News.

Brenda's younger son Ben, 20, a musician, was last night preparing to fly home from Los Angeles, where he is studying.

He told reporters yesterday: “I’m not engaging. None of you have any clue about my mother or her legacy.”

Ben had earlier paid tribute to his mother, writing on Twitter: “I am love and I am light, thanks to you.

"I love you mum and I will miss you forever.”

Brenda, of Burton Overy, Leics, had two sons from her marriage. She was said to be estranged from her eldest boy Dan.

She used her @sweepyface Twitter handle to rail against Gerry and Kate McCann, both 46, about their conduct following the disappearance of their daughter while on holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.

AFP/Getty
Kate McCann and her husband Gerry McCann
Most of the 4,500 tweets sent from her account were about the McCann case and she had accused the parents of profiting from their daughter’s disappearance as well as objecting to their frequent media appearances.

Hundreds of people have called for justice for a woman who was found dead after writing abusive messages on Twitter about the parents of Madeleine McCann.

Social media users have formed a group on Facebook demanding that a public enquiry be opened into the death of Brenda.

Some Twitter users said there was "little abusive about her tweets" while others suggested she had been unfairly singled out by the media.

Brenda – who had reportedly attended Goldsmith’s at the University of London - was approached at her home by Sky News reporter Martin Brunt last week about her online comments, but defended herself, saying “I’m entitled to do that”.

Before her body was found on Saturday, neighbours said they had not seen her since Thursday and one warned the Leicester Mercury newspaper they were “worried for her safety”.

Brenda’s Facebook page shows she had a keen passion for animals, frequently posting photos of dogs and cats, as well as pictures of her entry into a local scarecrow competition last year.

In June 2012 she posted an album of pictures with Ben from when she paid a visit to him in Los Angeles.

Police confirmed they attended the hotel on Saturday and found the body of a woman. The incident is not being treated as suspicious.

Police were probing a dossier of vile tweets targeting the parents of Madeleine, who has never been found after disappearing aged 3 during a family holiday in Portugal in May 2007.

Ben Leyland/Facebook
Ben Leyland's Facebook page

Kate and Gerry have been subjected to disgusting attacks by trolls, some of whom have suggested the couple be tortured of killed.

The dossier, which includes 80 tweets, Facebook posts and forum messages, was handed to the Metropolitan Police by members of the public who feared for the McCann's safety.

One message board comment reportedly said: "These 2 [the McCanns] should burn in hell."

Sky News said other posts in the dossier included:"I hope that the McCanns are living in total misery" and "I want to see them smashed up the back of a bus or trampled by horses".

Some messages were said to have been directed at Madeleine's younger siblings, now aged nine.

The posts were gathered by people who are concerned about the abuse.

One campaigner, who did not wish to be named, told Sky News: "We're very worried that it's only going to take somebody to act out of some of these discussions, some of the threats that have been made, and we couldn't live with ourselves if that happened and we had done nothing."

PAMadeleine McCann, as British police returned to Portugal
Madeleine McCann
The material is being assessed by officers who are liaising with prosecutors and the missing girl's family.

The McCanns’ spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple – who have nine-year-old twins Sean and Amelie –were aware of the news. He added: “Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police.”

Mrs Leyland’s neighbours in Burton Overy, Leics, became concerned about the “good, friendly” god-fearing woman after she was unveiled as a troll.

She disappeared in her 4x4 and had not been seen since.

One resident said: “While I wouldn’t condone what Brenda is accused of doing I am worried for her safety, she has apparently fled the village.”

Locals were shocked by Mrs Leyland’s online profile.

One man said: “She’s a lovely woman and a good friend. She’s a churchgoer.” Another said: “She’s an educated woman. She should know better."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "We can confirm we received a letter and documentation on September 9 which was passed to officers from Operation Grange. They are assessing its contents and consulting with the CPS and the McCann family."

Operation Grange is the name for the Metropolitan Police's involvement in the search for Madeleine.

She went missing in Portugal when aged three in May 2007.

So-called trolling is a mounting problem for the authorities.

Last year Scotland Yard said around 1,500 additional crimes linked to internet abuse were being reported to the force each year

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/son-madeleine-mccann-troll-defends-4393728#ixzz3FOWFjrwG
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:16 pm

Ben is 30 not 20 per his Facebook page.

Still, when have newspapers ever bothered with accuracy when it comes to McCann related stories.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm

'She disappeared in her 4x4 and had not been seen since'.

When I saw this on the news, she got into the passenger seat of a car. Can't remember if it was a 4x4.

Anyway - someone else was driving. Any idea who that person was..?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:54 pm

Andrew wrote:'She disappeared in her 4x4 and had not been seen since'.

When I saw this on the news, she got into the passenger seat of a car. Can't remember if it was a 4x4.

Probably one of Brenda's friends. Does it really matter?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:59 pm

wlbts wrote:

Probably one of Brenda's friends.  Does it really matter?

Personally, I think her last movements do matter?

Did the same person drive her to the Marriott hotel. What did she say.

List goes on. Like I said before. So many questions.

Just trying to join some dots.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybot Tue 07 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm

This whole turn of events is shocking. Why on earth was the 'troll' story 'news' in the first place? All day on sky??! This seems to have sticky pink fingers all over it. Why this concerted campaign now to silence questions? It seems so over the top and actually counter productive. Surely a better plan would have been to shut up, lie low and let the story fizzle out over 7 years.
Jellybot
Jellybot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:16 pm

Andrew wrote:

I don't need any dots joined. The poor woman went to a hotel and killed herself. That's all I need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm

Has it yet been confirmed that She killed herself and if so why exactly ?
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:02 pm

wlbts wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I don't need any dots joined.  The poor woman went to a hotel and killed herself.  That's all I need to know.

I would like to know more. That's all. The poor woman was evidently being harassed and threatened with death threats. Then she's dead.

I would say it probably was suicide. However nothing is straightforward when it's got Mccann involvement attached to it.

RIP Brenda.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:08 pm

Andrew wrote:
wlbts wrote:

Probably one of Brenda's friends.  Does it really matter?

I thought the same Andrew - yes of course it does matter.  This person probably knows an awful lot as she would have been privvy to Brenda`s reaction to the doorstepping.  I`m hoping the police interview her, that`s if she was a close friend.  Brenda told Brunt they were going shopping so I assume it was a friend.  We don`t yet know how Brenda got to the hotel.
P.S. There`s been a full moon waxing for the last few days - makes people more tetchy.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:32 pm

PeterMac posting on CMoMM that Brenda hanged herself, but I cannot find any news reports to corroborate. He adds its a particularly male way of committing suicide.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:41 pm

Mimi wrote:PeterMac posting on CMoMM that Brenda hanged herself, but I cannot find any news reports to corroborate. He adds its a particularly male way of committing suicide.

Bloody hell. Does PeterMac find the whole thing very suspicious as well then?

ETA - just gone on to have a look but can't see it so guessing it must be in the Members lounge then?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:45 pm

My hope is the friend driving the car she got in to,come's forward in the coming days to give her/his side of the story? why was the car at hand? how did Brunty know she was just about to leave her house? did someone ring him on his phone number to say so? why was he and the camera crew there at the right time at the right place? Where did he obtain her name and address to doorstep her?and who gave him permission to do so? IT STINKS Imo.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:51 pm

Andrew wrote:
Mimi wrote:PeterMac posting on CMoMM that Brenda hanged herself, but I cannot find any news reports to corroborate. He adds its a particularly male way of committing suicide.

Bloody hell. Does PeterMac find the whole thing very suspicious as well then?

ETA - just gone on to have a look but can't see it so guessing it must be in the Members lounge then?

It`s under `Mysterious Death of Woman who attacked McCanns online`
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 07 Oct 2014, 11:58 pm

Women wanting to commit suicide dont usually hang themselves.
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:33 am

Lioned wrote:Women wanting to commit suicide dont usually hang themselves.

Sorry, but I beg to differ, having had the misfortune to know a woman who did just that, and no there were no other suspicious circumstances. Sadly this is the method used when people really do want to kill themselves, because it is almost certainly successful compared to others such as overdose etc Sad

There was also the fairly recent case of L'Wren Scott and there are many others,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:51 am

susible wrote:
Lioned wrote:Women wanting to commit suicide dont usually hang themselves.

Sorry, but I beg to differ, having had the misfortune to know a woman who did just that, and no there were no other suspicious circumstances.  Sadly this is the method used when people really do want to kill themselves, because it is almost certainly successful compared to others such as overdose etc Sad

There was also the fairly recent case of L'Wren Scott and there are many others,

A close family member of mine (though not a woman) hung himself.  Definitely happens. I don't see what difference the gender makes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:44 am

http://crimejail.com/martin-brunts-career-mccann-twitter-troll-suicide/

Is Martin Brunts career over ?
Unable to copy and paste from link

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:51 am

ChillyHeat wrote:http://crimejail.com/martin-brunts-career-mccann-twitter-troll-suicide/

My opinion is no, they will keep him quiet for a while until it all blows over, unless somebody brings legal action against Sky News.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 6:58 am

ChillyHeat wrote:http://crimejail.com/martin-brunts-career-mccann-twitter-troll-suicide/

Good article. Can't seem to copy and paste it over either for some reason.

At his age now then I would be surprised if ever goes back to Sky / work again. His reputation is in tatters.

I hope that the guilt really is eating away at him and he decides the only way to (slightly) redeem himself is to come clean and tell all what he knows.

I doubt that will happen though.

Trying to think of something that rhymes with Brunt.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:08 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next