MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 32 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:17 pm

This queen of doughnuts is a university student? How on Earth did she manage to qualify for a place? I'd love to know what she's studying.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 32 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

I hope she's not studying Math LOL.
Madeleine would only be 14 now and not quite ready for university.
<re-stating the obvious>

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm

There have been a few exceptionally gifted children who have gone to university before they were 18 - the particular one I'm thinking of is Ruth Lawrence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Lawrence

Somehow I don't think that this could possibly apply here!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 25 Nov 2017, 8:59 am

Here is her Facebook page; nothing about her identity crisis but maybe that's restricted to her friends.

https://www.facebook.com/harriet.brookes.5

I like the name of this page. To be fair, it looks as if the whole thing was intended as a joke.

http://justsilly.info/woman-has-evidence-she-could-be-madeleine-mccann/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:57 am

Yes, I feel sure that this was a joke.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5116827/Im-Madeleine-McCann-Student-makes-strange-claim.html

We can blame the media for all the ridiculous stories they have made up over the years - we assume that anything, no matter how stupid - is intended to be serious!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 32 Empty Kate McCann: 'I still buy a Christmas present for Madeleine 11 years after she went missing' article written by Kate McCann

Post  candyfloss Fri 22 Dec 2017, 5:43 pm

Here's the one we have all been anticipating actually written by Kate McCann in the Telegraph Shocked ....

Kate McCann: 'I still buy a Christmas present for Madeleine 11 years after she went missing'

By Kate McCann

22 December 2017 • 5:17pm

The last Christmas I ever spent with my daughter, Madeleine, is a very vivid memory for me. She was three-years-old then and at nursery had just started to learn some Christmas carols. She also loved doing the accompaniment to Dean Martin’s Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I can still hear her singing it now. For her present that year we had bought Madeleine (and her younger brother and sister) a kitchen station which we wrapped with a bow and left for her to find when she came downstairs.
I remember seeing her face when she walked in. She was beside herself. She was so excited and got straight to work preparing us all a meal. That was a lovely moment. I have bought a Christmas present for Madeleine every year since then but that toy cooker was the last one I ever saw her open.
In May 2007 she went missing from our rented family holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal and has never been seen since. This Christmas will be the 11th my husband and I have spent without our daughter. For families like ours who have to live with the agony of a missing child – or indeed any relative – Christmas can be a hugely painful time.

The festive period is a time to be together as a family and for most people is such a happy occasion. That almost expected joy makes it even more difficult for those that are suffering. You learn over time that you simply have to make the best of it and lean upon the support that is out there – wherever it comes from.

It’s impossible to shake off that heaviness ever-present on your chest. But you just have to tryKate McCann
The first Christmas we had after Madeleine went missing I couldn’t do anything. I felt so numb that I couldn’t buy presents or cards or even put up the Christmas tree. It all felt so wrong. In the end somebody else had to do all that and we went and stayed with family elsewhere. Each year I’ve made a bit more effort and we’ve dealt with it as best we can. After all, our other two children who are now 12-years-old deserve a Christmas as well. That doesn’t mean it isn’t hard. Everything is tinged with pain.

That absence is tangible for all our family, the emotion still palpable. It’s impossible to shake off that heaviness ever-present on your chest. But you just have to try. Before Madeleine’s disappearance I had never heard of the charity, Missing People, which The Daily Telegraph is backing in its Christmas Appeal.  My husband Gerry and I stayed in Portugal for months after she had gone, continuing to search in vain.
It was only when we got back that we were properly put in touch by a relative. The work the charity does for families like ours is vital and I am proud to be an ambassador championing their work. Hundreds of thousands of people go missing every year. This is something that affects so many families and it can destroy them.

The charity is there every hour of every day. Without them people would be totally lost. The Missing People charity team are simply very normal, genuine, caring people that you could come and have a cup of tea with. I’m sure that’s part of the secret to the charity’s success. We often talk about our missing persons ‘community’, or ‘family’ and every Christmas get together for our annual carol service at St Martin-in-the-fields united in our emotion and hope.

We are all cushioned and supported by the presence of each other. Unless you have experienced what families like ours have it is impossible to describe the anguish of missing a loved one. I know without the support of so many we would not have made it this far. We have found that support in many places. A candle still burns for our daughter in the village and Madeleine and all missing children still get mentioned in prayers at our local church – and in many others I’m sure.
With so many things in the world to pray for just now, we are very grateful for this. At times the pain of losing our daughter has been almost too much to comprehend. You don’t know how strong you are until you have no option. Gerry and I are united in our aim of finding Madeleine and our love of our children and making life as good as possible for them.

It doesn’t mean there aren’t times when things are emotional, testing or strained. But we’ve got through it so far. In spite of how hard the festive season has been for our family over the years our younger children are still really excited about Christmas and that’s lovely to see. I have to remind myself to be cheerful and get into the Christmas spirit with them. I suppose I have learnt over the years that it’s important to have enjoyment yourself too and, more than that, it is OK to try.

In my head I guess I just want everything for be right for her when she comes back home.Kate McCann
You don’t have to feel guilty.  And if there’s one thing I love, it’s real quality time spent with my children; cuddling up on the couch under a throw and watching a DVD together. We do a Christmas stocking for them and also one for Madeleine. The presents I buy for her usually have to jump out at me. She would be a teenager now so I always try and pick something that would be suitable and enjoyable for her no matter what age she is when she gets to open them.

In my head I guess I just want everything for be right for her when she comes back home. The loft is filled with the presents I have bought for Madeleine and her wardrobe, too. Like many families of missing children we have kept her bedroom exactly the same as it was when she disappeared. The irony is I’m sure she wouldn’t want it like that anymore because it’s bright pink.
And in any case if Madeleine was to walk through that door the most important thing is she is with us, not what her bedroom is like or anything else for that matter. But for whatever reason I just can’t bring myself to change it. The police investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance is still active, thankfully, and while it can be incredibly slow and frustrating we continue in hope. That is all we can do. While people gather with their families this weekend and enjoy meals and swap presents together – I would urge them to remember the missing. We must never forget them.
Missing People is a beneficiary of this year’s Telegraph’s Christmas Charity Appeal. To make a donation to this or one of the other charities supported in our appeal, please call 0151 284 1927

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/family/kate-mccann-still-buy-christmas-present-madeleine-11-years-went/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Fri 22 Dec 2017, 6:19 pm

This article looks like a PR event for "The Missing People".
If the police have not done it already they should look into this business since their start back in MAY 2007.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 22 Dec 2017, 8:33 pm

I won`t even waste my time reading it.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 23 Dec 2017, 9:36 am

I could only manage a cursory glance - the usual sugar-laden codswallop which is dangerous for diabetics!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:10 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:45 am

Freedom wrote:I'll put this one here as well as on the specific topic for the missing girl.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/668993/serial-killer-French-Maddie-murder-Brit-family-Alps-police-killings

Not one picture of the missing French girl! says it all.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:51 am

Quite! She is very much a sideline.

There was another one a while ago about an Irish boy missing for many years but the only photos in the story were of Madeleine.

P.S. There's mention of the Irish case here.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t112p150-various-missing-children-cases-worldwide-plus-the-occasional-adult
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:50 pm

The Telegraph story is duplicated in Ireland biggest selling paper the Irish Independent (link below) and its also in the Irish Daily Mail

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/a-toy-cooker-was-the-last-christmas-present-i-ever-saw-madeleine-open-kate-mccann-36433014.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=IN:Daily&hConversionEventId=AQEAAZQF2gAmdjQwMDAwMDE2MC04MjgzLTRhMDMtYTUxMi04NjE2M2U5Y2IwOTjaACRmZWQzMjJlYi02YjgyLTQyMTUtMDAwMC0wMjFlZjNhMGJjY2LaACQ2MDVlYTU0YS04NTgwLTQwMTItOGY4MC1mMDIxNTk0ZTIwZjiHWBWYT31BZMHnxAvNl3u2iz8J70MJvU3UZjJbGgsevg

Obviously Clarence, or whoever is the McCann PR now, has taken advantage of the media's need to fill space when journalists good and bad are all looking for extra leave at Xmas and has sent this load of rubbish to every media outlet in the UK and Ireland and possibly elsewhere - and it has been used to fill up space as he anticipated. Or maybe its from the Missing People PR person as its so flattering to them?

Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:19 am

Parents of Madeleine McCann vow to 'never give up' on their missing daughter as they face the 11th Christmas without her

Madeleine McCann vanished on a holiday with her parents in Portugal in 2007
Devastated Kate and Gerry have still not given up hope of one day finding her
Madeleine, who was three-years-old when she disappeared, would now be 14
McCanns took to Facebook to thank supporters and say they will 'never give up'

By Tracey Khandola For Mailonline
Published: 08:43, 25 December 2017  |  Updated: 08:45, 25 December 2017

The parents of Madeleine McCann have pledged 'never to give up' on their missing daughter as they bravely spend their 11th Christmas without her.

In a Christmas Day posting, Kate and Gerry admitted the festive season is 'a tricky time' and they only battle through with the 'friendship and solidarity' of all their supporters.

The couple took time to write a message to thank well-wishers for their continued help after poignantly laying presents in Maddie's bedroom - hoping one day she'll be back home to open them.

In a posting on the Madeleine Facebook page they wrote: 'To all our supporters. We just wanted to pass on our love and thanks to everyone who has continued to support us throughout another year.

'Christmas is a tricky time - as it is for many people.

'Friendship, solidarity and warm wishes go a long way in giving us the strength to get through and make the very best of it.
'So from all our family a very big thank you. We will never give up on Madeleine.

'With very good wishes for a happy and peaceful 2018. Kate and Gerry.'

Former GP Kate, now a medical worker, and heart doctor Gerry, both 49, posted their message of gratitude on a webpage which promotes the search for their daughter and which they endorse.

Among supporters responding to the early morning Xmas post is Margaret Ryan who said: 'Please God she will be found and give her family some peace.'

Karen Homewood added: 'Christmas is just another time of the year when this family are without a loved and cherished one. I can't begin to imagine the heartbreak they must go through every day. Never give up - she is still with us somewhere.'

Kate told last week how she still buys Christmas gifts for Maddie and places then in her pretty pink room which has remained untouched since she vanished more than ten and a half years ago.

It has become a shrine to the little girl, with photos and drawings as well as festive offerings and birthday parcels.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, cling onto a glimmer of hope that their eldest child - who would now be aged 14 - could one day return home.

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007, while her parents were dining in a nearby tapas restaurant with pals.

Kate and Gerry try to keep the festive season as fun and normal as possible for the sake of their 12-year-old twins Sean and Amelie.

But Kate said the occasion is always 'tinged with pain and longing' insisting: 'Madeleine should be here and we should be celebrating with her.

'We have not lost hope that we may get to celebrate another Christmas with her. '

The family will have a quiet low key Xmas at home.

Prayers will be said for Maddie during the village church's Christmas Day service whilst a candle in memory of the youngster burns around the clock in the square beside the war memorial.

Scotland Yard detectives hunting for Maddie have been granted funding until the end of March next year to continue their search.

Officers have been scouring Europe for an elusive 'woman in purple' they believe may hold the key to the kidnapped girl's fate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5211173/Maddie-parents-vow-never-daughter.htm

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 26 Dec 2017, 8:23 am

https://m.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign/?locale2=en_GB

To all our supporters. We just wanted to pass on our love and thanks to everyone who has continued to support us throughout another year.

'Christmas is a tricky time - as it is for many people.

'Friendship, solidarity and warm wishes go a long way in giving us the strength to get through and make the very best of it.
'So from all our family a very big thank you. We will never give up on Madeleine.

'With very good wishes for a happy and peaceful 2018. Kate and Gerry.'

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 26 Dec 2017, 10:40 pm

I don't know how Kate can bring herself to come up with the same old codswallop mantra every year.

'We have not lost hope that we may get to celebrate another Christmas with her. '

I do wish the police would do their job.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:03 pm

Rolling Eyes  

WHERE IS SHE NOW?
Swedish student at centre of Rome ‘Maddie mystery’ is living back at home with her dad – and will soon rejoin university

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5173249/swedish-student-rome-maddie-mystery-rejoin-university/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Mon 01 Jan 2018, 8:34 pm

candyfloss wrote:Rolling Eyes  

WHERE IS SHE NOW?
Swedish student at centre of Rome ‘Maddie mystery’ is living back at home with her dad – and will soon rejoin university

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5173249/swedish-student-rome-maddie-mystery-rejoin-university/
"Rome Maddie mystery"?
I don't know if I going to start laughing or crying.
Media take every chance they got to squeeze out money from this case.
What a bollox.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 01 Jan 2018, 9:47 pm

See page 23 of this topic for when this sillier than usual story was first reported.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 12 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

Isn't this always the way? Every time there looks like being a serious development, stories as outright stupid as this one suddenly appear in the tabloids.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 13 Jan 2018, 4:12 pm

Bit quiet this year,just looked back on any news from twelve months ago,OG were said to on one last lead looking into European trafficking and the McCann hoping for a miracle,this year so far nadda!
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:05 am

Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

This one belongs here as well as in the Operation Grange topic.

More regurgitated tripe.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-pay-750000-11995167#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 17 Feb 2018, 9:40 am

What next eh....... Doh Rolling Eyes

Doctor Foster’s Suranne Jones may meet the McCanns for theatre role, says ADAM HELLIKER

AFTER her triumph in the BBC series Doctor Foster, Suranne Jones is to tackle another meaty part as the mother of an abducted 10-year-old girl – a role for which she may seek the advice of Gerry and Kate McCann, whose daughter Madeleine went missing in 2007

The Manchester-born actress is to star in a West End stage production of Frozen, a drama about a girl who goes missing as she’s on her way to visit her grandmother.

The disappearance is seen through the eyes of three characters: the mother; a serial killer who admits to kidnapping the girl, and a psychiatrist who examines the crime.

The play’s director Jonathan Munby, says that as part of Suranne’s research for the role he has suggested she should read Madeleine, Kate McCann’s account of her daughter’s disappearance, and My Sister Milly, Gemma Dowler’s book about her sister’s murder 15 years ago.

When asked if Suranne would meet the McCann and Dowler families, Munby said cautiously: “There are possibilities. There are people who have experience of what these characters have gone through.

We want to do them justice and tell the story accurately.’”

He said Suranne, who has an 18-month-old son, had felt an “immediate connection” when she read the script for Frozen.

“I think she is taking it on with some trepidation. She is aware of the emotional journey she will need to go on and dark places she has to tap into.”

-------------------------------------------

James Middleton has yet to enjoy the meteoric success in business that he once envisaged – his cake-making venture failed to rise while his marshmallow-making company is struggling.

Now a lack of commercial success seems to have spread to his girlfriend Donna Air.

The Newcastle-born blonde has quietly closed her jewellery design company, Little Bird, while a baby food business, Air Organics, has ceased trading.

Two earlier projects, Airhead Money and Airhead Entertainment, were also dissolved.

Never mind, at least Donna, 38, can still count on the moral support of James, with whom she has been stepping out, on and off, for four years.

The rest on link it waffles on and on...............

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/adam-helliker/861012/Doctor-Foster-Suranne-Jones-meet-Madeleine-McCann-parents-new-TV-show

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next