MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

+24
Mimi
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Heisenburg
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Bubblewrapped
Poe
dogs don't lie
bluebell
wjk
hesla
travis macbickle
candyfloss
Andrew
costello
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Anne
Tryingagain
Châtelaine
Admin
28 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems - Page 8 Empty Re: FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

Post  Freedom Wed 02 Aug 2017, 3:40 pm

I now think that it's only a problem if you're using Google. Internet Explorer is okay.

So the issue is with Google Chrome and not Forumotion.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems - Page 8 Empty Re: FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

Post  Freedom Thu 09 Nov 2017, 9:48 am

It's not affecting everyone - obviously - but there are problems with Forumotion. If anyone online is in contact with other members, please could you let them know.

From Facebook: Since this morning, our DataCenter OVH has technical problems that directly impact our services. Until OVH resolves this technical incident, we have switched our DNS to other stable IPs.
Nevertheless, the repercussions may take a long time following the DNS spread. Therefore, your forums and some of our services may have some accessibility issues.
Our teams are already working on finding an alternative solution to recover the connection faster.
In the meantime, we ask you to be patient and we apologize for the inconvenience
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 10 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

I defy you to explain that in layman's terms.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:01 am

There was a spanner in the works is all I can say!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:09 am

Forumotion have started a new service sending members updates on the forum news.  However, it does seem to be rather behind with the latest news updates..

Rather than explaining you can read here, apparently you can set whether you wish to receive this in your own profile settings.

http://help.forumotion.com/t155037-new-newsletters-popular-contents

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:14 am

I had a notification and think it's a bit strange that Forumotion has chosen to do this without consulting anyone.

In case anyone feels deprived about not being notified, here is a link.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/news/2018-02-23
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:00 pm

Freedom wrote:I had a notification and think it's a bit strange that Forumotion has chosen to do this without consulting anyone.

In case anyone feels deprived about not being notified, here is a link.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/news/2018-02-23

Yeah I got that but deleted thinking it was spam.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:05 pm

Me too.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

The adverts on this site are getting beyond a joke!. As you scroll down the page the last half is all adverts....and adverts aimed at the viewer.

Im ok with the adverts as a way to bring forumotion for free but these are getting to be a nusiance.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:36 pm

Bampots wrote:The adverts on this site are getting beyond a joke!. As you scroll down the page the last half is all adverts....and adverts aimed at the viewer.

Im ok with the adverts as a way to bring forumotion for free but these are getting to be a nusiance.

Hi Bampots,

You can only see the adverts at the bottom if you are a guest.  When you log in you only get the one strip advert at the top....  So best to always log in.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

Err ..iam in CF .....otherwise i couldnt post. Even when writing this message.....i can scroll down and see adverts??

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:49 pm

How strange. I have never known there to be loads of adverts when people are logged in.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:55 pm

I have 12 large adverts with the title: Recommended For You. If I click on a different thread the adverts change.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 08 Mar 2018, 12:57 pm

I'm feeling quite left out - i haven't got any at all!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:00 pm

Even stranger, they’ve all gone now!!  affraid

Forget that, they have all come back! Very Happy
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 08 Mar 2018, 1:19 pm

Those that can see adverts try clearing the cookies on your computer and on this forum.  There is a clear cookies at the bottom of the index page list of threads on right hand side.  That may work.  Otherwise when logged in you should only have top banner advert. Only  when I log out I see all the other ads at the bottom.. scratch

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:09 pm

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems - Page 8 Screen11

I cleared cookies and logged in ( this can be confirmed on forumotion!) .. here is screenshot....note advertising!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:17 pm

I'm interested to know what the one referring to juicy hater posts is about!

Surely that's not us.........
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:22 pm

Tags back to search for 3a partially saved forum. I typed differing search commands and up popped sites with what i hoped would be links to 3a......one which was stopthemyths!! affraid the rest you can guess!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:24 pm

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems - Page 8 Screen10

Gagh, I'm logged in, as usual!

How much to dispense with the ads completely?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

It would seem to be a bug, according to Forumotion, even someone who has paid to disable ads is getting them.  It seems to be only on mobile phones, not desktops.

http://help.forumotion.com/t155243-ads-pop-up#1067340

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:32 pm

At 2.30 French time they are saying issue now solved, so may take a while to filter through here...

http://help.forumotion.com/t155248-only-topicads-appearing-on-mobile-browsers-mobile-phones#1067329

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:10 pm

Anyone having any problems with the forum loading and taking absolutely ages, has been like that for me for about 5 hours now.

Hope your adverts got sorted when you log in now Bampots?  I had it for a while on tablet but it's ok now.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:21 pm

By and largely fine thanks CF.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:41 pm

The system was very slow for me a few hours ago but now it's okay.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next