MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say hello and introduce yourself here

+136
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Heisenburg
Freedom
candyfloss
Veracity
AnOldFriend
JohnnyH
Lois Jones
Unknown_Soldier
Ferrino
amber1911
curious
unreorganised
mumof6
LeoMcSick
What's_up_doc?
kellie
Hope
Bloodhound
Bashibozkedi
Birdy
mrjnh
kylie
Yorkshiregel
Neveronasunday
nannygroves
AgProv
Inca
EileenC
Connie
Honeyblade
Rosa canina
caseyjones
poster
Bubblewrapped
crabbit
chris
JJ
Rufus T
Mo
PeterMac
ciawoman
mad world
Guinea Pig
sofa
Ignored
Rowena
margaret
flowergirl
dentdelion
Shrike
bobbin
Thetruth
Suki
hicks
Helenmeg
seahorse
Stewie
chubbarie
Chop Suey on Toast
Burst
Ixta
jozi
Falafel
Tristar
TexMac
CynicAl
JustaLurker
ROMAntici
Ribisl
Rob Royston
anny
PMR
Antonia
saloongirl
Magnum
coppernob
poppyfox
AndyB
Vici
Carlymichelle
selkie
Cristobell
Andrew
KathyBelle
travis macbickle
nobodythereeither
Beanie
Muratfan
gbwales
DIBarlow
Bampots
Me
pollyanna
Scrants
dantezebu
Janesgirl
CaT
fatfiona
cherry
bluebell
Mimi
Marky
truthwillout
Lioned
hesla
chrissie
Louisa
Curiouser
Lorraine
wjk
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
Fiat500
womandotcom
bellisa
Justformaddiemccann
costello
MikeAbrams
Shnooks
Gaggzy
Poppy
eltee
Meteor
Châtelaine
chilli
DarkestDawn
End
Jellybot
Anne
Dee Coy
Mearns
mara thon
dazedandconfused
Admin
140 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  bluebell Thu 27 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm

A warm welcome from me Eileen. Love your avatar (sideways or not!)
I am a thread-stopper, I only ever have comments sadly, no new information but you are so welcome here.
Noone will denigrate your ideas, and attacks are unknown. Feel free. flower

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty Re: Say hello and introduce yourself here

Post  Dee Coy Thu 27 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

Welcome Eileen.

Your lovely Avatar looks like my daft pooch Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 27 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm

It's sideways, Freedom. That's what dogs often do - to test you ;-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 27 Aug 2015, 6:46 pm

I tried a pic myself and it came up sideways too lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  EileenC Thu 27 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm

Can't manage to work out how to fix profile pic! I just spent 20 mins writing a long post on another thread when I pressed the post button it told me it had "timed out" my post disappeared Mad and I realised that I had automatically been logged out Is there any way to retrieve it?
EileenC
EileenC

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 27 Aug 2015, 8:53 pm

EileenC wrote:Can't manage to work out how to fix profile pic!  I just spent 20 mins writing  a long post on another thread when I pressed the post button it told me it had "timed out"  my post disappeared  Mad  and I realised that I had automatically been logged out  Is there any way to retrieve it?
That happens sometimes Eileen, it may have gone into drafts in your messages, but I think it has probably gone for good.  It does happen very occasionally  and is very annoying I know.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 9:51 pm

EileenC wrote:Can't manage to work out how to fix profile pic!  I just spent 20 mins writing  a long post on another thread when I pressed the post button it told me it had "timed out"  my post disappeared  Mad  and I realised that I had automatically been logged out  Is there any way to retrieve it?

Hello EileenC

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your long post, that has happened to me in the past, you press send and it disappears into a black hole never to be seen again.  Crying or Very sad

I don't know if you use Word or another programme but it you do it's better that you type out your long post in another format (and perhaps save it as you go along) then copy and paste it onto the forum.  I've learnt that from my mistakes in the past.

I hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty Looking for truth - it's got to be in there somewhere

Post  AgProv Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

Just to check in and say hello.

I was moved to log in here after reading that monumentally  sub-standard book "Looking for Madeleine" by Swann and Summers. It wasn't so much a piece of objective investigative journalism, as a one-sided insult to the intelligence - I suspect the definitive account of the McCann mystery is yet to be written, and may never be written in the UK because of the nature of our libel laws and the mentality of the media. It'd be too much of a hot potato for any publisher to touch.

I was looking for other critical accounts of the book, to eliminate the lingering suspicion that it was just me being hyper-critical, and was relieved to discover them in profusion.  Which led me here.

It's important for me to say I have no fixed opinion on the McCann case and retain pretty much an open mind. I'm prepared to read and evaluate anyone's perspective on the mystery and also to contemplate the elephant in the room - the possibility, however slight, lingering and improbable - that the McCanns themselves may be more culpable in this than we have been led to think. (Even here I'm not sure how far I can go and how explicit I can be without leaving a paper trail that might, however remote the possibility,  be used against me - is this paranoid or just good common sense?) So it's necessary to say here, for the record, that if I were to write about the possible scenarios where two parents' actions might have led to the death of their child - this is hypothetical and is in no way is to be taken as an accusation. You have to think the unthinkable and consider EVERY possible explanation. Which Summers and Swann  patently failed to do,  and in fact refused to even consider doing right from page one of their account.

Elsewhere on the Net I have one of those pesky independent minds that people find irritating. On religious sites I belong to the faction who read the Bible for themselves and evaluate it for themselves - as opposed to having other people read it to you and tell you what to think.  I discuss strange and anamolous things on Fortean sites and hold the point of view that science as we have it is incomplete. When you've eliminated frauds, hoaxes, bad observation and wishful thinking, and are left with a residue of genuinely strange things that don't fit in anywhere, then you have to consider that paranormal phenomena can happen, and the scientific framework for explanation is yet to evolve.  You can apply this pattern of thought  to more mundane mysteries as well, like unsolved disappearances and crimes.

I was banned from BBC talkboards for questioning their official statements once too often. Perhaps I am naturally argumentative, I hope in constructive ways.

And the more I read about Madeleine McCann, the more I wonder about what really happened. It's obvious even on a cursory reading that something really strange and out of the ordinary happened here (but NOT in a "fortean" way, please!) . The official statements are lacking and full of holes. And a piece of lazy, partisan writing like Summers and Swann.... well, here I am. Not a regular as too much else is going on, but as an occasional visitor.
AgProv
AgProv

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 09 Sep 2015, 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forum, AgProv. 

Very good first post and look forward to reading your contributions. 

I've not read the S and S book. Don't think I ever will either.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty thank you, andrew

Post  AgProv Wed 09 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm

The book is barely worth the paper it's printed on, believe me. I put my first thoughts about it as a reply to a review on the Amazon page:

thanks, this very neatly verbalises my misgivings about this book. It's hard to say what you feel should be said without falling foul of restrictions - the McCanns have been very litigious - so there's a lot that cannot be said here. But the authors' clear and blatant bias in favour of the McCanns closes down several lines of inquiry which, while mentioned in this book, are brought up once, dismissed in a perfunctory way, and never mentioned again. This is no way to write an objective analysis - if one was intended in the first place. (I don't feel free to be anything other than vague here. But read the book, if only for the non-sequiteur assumption from page one that decent upper-middle-class professional people are always absolutely free from blame in any way whatsoever. And that they deserve preferential treatment. As befits two BBC staff journalists writing about two doctors... they could be neighbours and send their kids to the same sort of schools...)

I didn't know about the Rachel Charles disappearance in Praia de Luz until I read about it in this book, for instance. In which another little British girl was abducted in the same area, albeit a few years before. But Swann and Summers dismiss this in a single sentence as if it were of no great importance. What? A similar abduction - a definite and confirmed one - in the same area and it only gets mentioned in passing? I had to go to the Internet to find out that while a man was convicted for abduction and murder, considerable doubt surrounds the case, and it is thought that Portuguese police botched the investigation, came under pressure to find a suspect, and did a Colin Stagg or a Barry George - fitted up a plausible suspect known for being a bit odd, who had no friends or supporters. Why S&S did not use this as part of a discussion on the ability and aptitude of the local police - to air the possibility there could be a connection - you don't know.

Evidence possibly prejudicial to the S&S case is skimmed over, ignored, perfunctorily dropped or otherwise dismissed. Where it should not be. You also suspect they did selective research on a few medical and other technicalities. I'm a layman, but unlike S&S I can think of one commonly available chemical which has been used as an anaesthetic/sedative and which leaves no traces... that's on the basis of school chemistry!

I'd say more. But... this book is not objective and presents a partial and biased case. Don't look here for anything deep or new.

The full page with a lot of damning reviews is here:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RXVZOWEP46PTI/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00M407EGM&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=266239&store=books#wasThisHelpful

Last edited by AgProv on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
AgProv
AgProv

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty Another Newbie

Post  nannygroves Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:24 am

Hi I'm a refugee here from JH. Actually an immigrant as I don't want to go back there. Can I tell you why? I was recently  banned ( until the 22nd) for joining in a thread titled, ''Photos revisited.'' Now I am a courteous poster and like to explore all possibilities to get to the bottom of this mystery and felt that some of the photos of Madeleine contained anomalies. A couple of other very polite posters and I were having an amicable discussion when suddenly we were pounced on by a pair of socks. They  highjacked the discussion and attempted to derail it by deliberately misinterpreting what we were actually saying to make our points look ridiculous . Even mentioned the 'UFO' abduction theory when no one had mentioned anything as unlikely on the thread. .  The rude opinionated   socks' posts were never  removed whilst ours were deleted routinely. Bearing in mind the thread 's 'revisited' title and that a very similar idea was being promulgated by a senior member of this forum way back when without furore made me curious. It's something I intend to follow up now anyway ...................individually in my own time I hasten to add. Who knows? Maybe I'll be in good company with a certain RDH !!!!  Nobody knows what happened to MBM and to shoot people down in flames for merely discussing anomalous photographs is strange to me.
Well now I've got that off my chest, a bit about me. I'm a mother of three, grandmom of four and intrigued by the Madeleine mystery. I'm not as knowledgeable as many on this site but am always ready to learn and be corrected without getting upset. I spend quite a bit of time in France so if I'm not posting that will be the reason why. I can't always get an internet connection.
Looking forward to reading posts and hopefully contributing something worthwhile.
nannygroves

Last edited by nannygroves on Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
nannygroves
nannygroves

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

Welcome nannygroves. flower

Your experience there has become a regular occurence for many.

We don`t go on the attack here and we don`t have one person (with many socks) dictating the narrative.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 13 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

Welcome from me too. A well moderated place awaits you. Discussion is the rule not ridicule and derision.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 13 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm

Hello and welcome from me as well nannygroves.
Good to have you here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Neveronasunday Tue 13 Oct 2015, 7:03 pm

I'm still on the Jill Havern forum under a different username and often read the main topics here but have been following the discussions of the last few days and wondered if I was missing anything in the members section
In the circumstances I hope you don't mind me joining

But fear not, I come in peace!!!
Neveronasunday
Neveronasunday

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 13 Oct 2015, 7:19 pm

Neveronasunday wrote:I'm still on the Jill Havern forum under a different username and often read the main topics here but have been following the discussions of the last few days and wondered if I was missing anything in the members section

If you're here to try and establish some truth towards the memory of Madeleine, then welcome.

Welcome to a great forum.

Let's discuss trying to solve this mess.

Not some other mess that's been deliberately instigated.

Deleted some bits Andrew, let's leave it at that now.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 13 Oct 2015, 7:26 pm

Neveronasunday wrote:I'm still on the Jill Havern forum under a different username and often read the main topics here but have been following the discussions of the last few days and wondered if I was missing anything in the members section

Welcome, you are missing the discussion section which is far more important, discussing what we are all here for.........  the members section just a chat forum, and to put some wrongs right.

Welcome to nannygroves too.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neveronasunday Tue 13 Oct 2015, 9:39 pm

Not interested in point scoring, just discussing a few ideas and learning from other members, thanks for having me on board
Neveronasunday
Neveronasunday

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty Hello from the East Coast

Post  Yorkshiregel Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:46 am

Just wondered if anyone has the update for what is happening in the Amaral Trial Appeal? I contribute to the GoFundMe website already as I feel that something is seriously wrong here and this man is not getting justice.

Someone asked what they should do if they saw a 'Thingy', well I thought I would add my own experience here:

Last night I found a Hairy Thingy, it was small and soft and flat.
I bent down and stroked it and showed it to the cat
I pressed its little head and pulled its little knob
And all at once the Hairy Thingy grew, and it began to throb!
It shook and flopped and twisted round and then it gave a DONG
It made me cough and splutter ‘cos it made an awful pong.
It purred and hissed and waggled and then I got a fright
It screeched so loud my ears popped, and the cat’s fur turned all white.
It sounded like a Banshee that had got a stomach ache
And it slithered round and round, just like a slimy snake
I threw the Hairy Thingy out the door; the cat had run for cover.
I wished I’d never stroked it and I’ll never touch another.
Hairy Thingies could be anywhere, so be careful with your feet.
They could be in the garden; in the house; or in the street.
If you find a Hairy Thingy and you can’t think what to do,
Don’t touch it, or stroke it, or say “how do you do”
Better if you stamp on it or SPLAT it with your shoe.
Just squash it, sweep it up, and flush it down the loo.

Be careful where you step! affraid

Nice to meet you all. I am now off to read what people have written in the McCann thread.
Yorkshiregel
Yorkshiregel

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:00 am

Welcome Yorkshiregel, I am a bit lost as to what the 'Thingy' is about. Smile

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:02 am

A different form of introduction but welcome!

Neveronasunday: your name and avatar takes me back to my childhood when there was nothing to do and indeed everywhere was shut.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:03 am

Welcome yorkshiregel.
"Just wondered if anyone has the update for what is happening in the Amaral Trial Appeal?"

As far as I`m aware, Goncalo`s appeal is at the moment being considered by the judges. I don`t know how long this takes but they have to go over the previous trial and consider the points that Goncalo raised as unfair. I expect we will hear something soon.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Say hello and introduce yourself here - Page 33 Empty where do I go?

Post  Yorkshiregel Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:13 am

I am a new member, joined today.   What I would like to know is how do I find my own posts to see if anyone replied.  Where are the instructions to move around the site.  Are the new posts from A to Z or Z to A?  ie is the latest post at the top?  Anyone like to help please?

Please be patient with me, I am just finding my way about.
Yorkshiregel
Yorkshiregel

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:17 am

The latest posts are at the top of the portal page.

These links on the home page are useful.

View posts since last visit • View your posts • View unanswered posts
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:18 am

Yorkshiregel wrote:I am a new member, joined today.   What I would like to know is how do I find my own posts to see if anyone replied.  Where are the instructions to move around the site.  Are the new posts from A to Z or Z to A?  ie is the latest post at the top?  Anyone like to help please?
If you look at the very top above the edging of the index/home page you will see 3 headings

View posts since last visit        View your posts         View unanswered posts

You can click on those.  Hope that helps

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum