MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrity deaths

+41
Guinea Pig
Freedom
Heisenburg
eltee
Tangled Web
What's_up_doc?
coppernob
Mimi
bluebell
froggy
candyfloss
dannii
Bloodhound
seahorse
Hope
Helenmeg
PMR
kylie
Mo
Dee Coy
Burst
nannygroves
Connie
Rosa canina
costello
Honeyblade
PeterMac
Poe
joyce1938
Bampots
wjk
chilli
Anne
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Châtelaine
womandotcom
hesla
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Admin
45 posters

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next

Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 Empty Memories of Cilla Black

Post  Freedom Sun 02 Aug 2015, 1:16 pm

Last edited by Freedom on Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 Empty Re: Celebrity deaths

Post  candyfloss Sun 02 Aug 2015, 1:38 pm

Very sad, RIP Cilla.

Moved here to current news section.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 02 Aug 2015, 4:43 pm

candyfloss wrote:Very sad, RIP Cilla.

Moved here to current news section.

My first serious interest in music was in the 60s with the Liverpool sound - Cilla, The Beatles, Gerry & the Pacemakers, so many to mention.  Cilla seemed to be part of everyone's home and family as she was on the TV non stop in those days, I loved her records, but unfortunately her speaking voice grated on my nerves.  It got more irritating as the years went by, she seemed a lovely lady though in spite of her terrible (false) Scouse accent.  It was very sad when Bobby died, he was the love of her life and he died way too young.

I've just heard an interview with Barbara Windsor on BBC News, she said she saw Cilla recently and she didn't look very well.  Perhaps poor Cilla knew she didn't have much time left and went to Spain to die in peace away from so many prying eyes.  I've deleted that last sentence as I've just remembered that Barbara Windsor said something about Cilla rehearsing for a new show somewhere, so obviously her death must have been totally unexpected to everyone she knew.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:30 pm

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 CLbuwudWUAAIePs

Also,
Lovely headline this.........

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 CLbug4ZW8AAPy3i

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:57 pm

From The Mirror website

"8:09 pm
New information has come in about what happened to Cilla Black

According to a report coming out of Spain, the emergency services were called to Cilla Black’s house around 6pm on Saturday evening but a judge tasked with a routine probe into her death did not authorise the removal of her body until about 1.30am on Sunday morning.

It is not know why there was a delay."

Scroll down to bottom
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/cilla-blacks-friend-cliff-richard-6181666

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 03 Aug 2015, 10:29 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 11:07 am

Poor Cilla. I thought she was great. She'll be missed, but at least she's with her Bobby now. flower

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 03 Aug 2015, 12:07 pm

I always thought that 'Blind Date' was fabulous Saturday night TV viewing.

I never understood why something similar was never produced. Not like that rubbish that Paddy wotsit hosts. Take me Out or something.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 3:04 pm

It's mentioned on the DM website today that Cilla could have had a fall on her patio. Apparently bruises were found on her arm below her elbow which indicates she could have put her arm out to stop herself hitting the ground.

If she banged her head on the patio it could have caused a swelling in her brain, I suppose, as happened to Natasha Richardson when she had a bad fall whilst skiing. She didn't seek hospital treatment and it led to her death.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 03 Aug 2015, 3:33 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 Empty Cilla Black / Priscilla White

Post  PeterMac Tue 04 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm

Putting it here for obvious reasons . . .

http://news.sky.com/story/1530292/cilla-black-died-from-stroke-after-fall-sons
Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.
The 72-year-old was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in Estepona when she got up, lost her balance and fell hitting her head.
She was knocked unconscious and died of a stroke. It is thought she would not have suffered.

Fell, hit head on Spanish tiled or marble floor, had brain bleed = stroke
It happens. It is not unusual. It is 'normal'.

Any other cases spring to mind ?
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm

Would it be usual though for a fall to cause a stroke in a child?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Tue 04 Aug 2015, 4:06 pm

I think they may using the word "stroke" to indicate a brain bleed, sub-arachnoid or sub-dural, possibly, but as we can see here it might then provoke a deeper one.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/stroke
Causes
There are four main types of stroke. Cerebral thrombosis and cerebral embolism are caused by blood clots that block an artery supplying the brain, either in the brain itself or in the neck. These account for 70-80% of all strokes. Subarachnoid hemorrhage and intracerebral hemorrhage occur when a blood vessel bursts around or in the brain.

Cerebral thrombosis occurs when a blood clot, or thrombus, forms within the brain itself, blocking the flow of blood through the affected vessel. Clots most often form due to "hardening" (atherosclerosis) of brain arteries. Cerebral thrombosis occurs most often at night or early in the morning. . .

Cerebral embolism occurs when a blood clot from elsewhere in the circulatory system breaks free. If it becomes lodged in an artery supplying the brain, either in the brain or in the neck, it can cause a stroke. . .

Heamorrhage, or bleeding, occurs when a blood vessel breaks, either from trauma or excess internal pressure. The vessels most likely to break are those with preexisting defects such as an aneurysm. An aneurysm is a "pouching out" of a blood vessel caused by a weak arterial wall. Brain aneurysms are surprisingly common. According to autopsy studies, about 6% of all Americans have them. Aneurysms rarely cause symptoms until they burst. Aneurysms are most likely to burst when blood pressure is highest, and controlling blood pressure is an important preventive strategy.

Intracerebral hemorrhage affects vessels within the brain itself, while subarachnoid hemorrhage affects arteries at the brain's surface, just below the protective arachnoid membrane. Intracerebral hemorrhages represent about 10% of all strokes, while subarachnoid hemorrhages account for about 7%.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 5:53 pm

At least it would have been instant and she wouldn't have suffered, poor woman. Hopefully anyone else who underwent the same fate, for example falling off a sofa and hitting their head on some stone tiles, would have had an instant and painless death also.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm

Or 'accidently getting bumped on the head'...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Aug 2015, 6:05 pm

Another McCann connection here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33758162

If what this Mr McCann says is true, it seems that Cilla was prepared for the end.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Tue 04 Aug 2015, 10:48 pm

I am assured that this is a real photo from one of her dreadful shows. . .
RIP Priscilla White.

And yes, it the one thing of which every one of us can be absolutely certain.
No one can pretend that this is not reality.  Time, place, timing, and manner may be in doubt.

Life is a sexually transmitted condition - - which is invariably fatal.

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 <a href=Celebrity deaths - Page 3 White10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 Empty Another fatal head injury

Post  PeterMac Wed 05 Aug 2015, 7:48 am

Putting it here as it follows on the train of thought.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3185273/Heartbreaking-moment-nine-year-old-bat-boy-hugged-amateur-baseball-player-fatally-struck-head-practice-swing-family-players-pay-tribute-inspirational-youngster.html
The heartbreaking scenes after bat boy, 9, was fatally struck in the head by a practice swing, and was held by player as team prayed
Kaiser Carlile was bat boy for Liberal Bee Jays against San Diego Waves
He was hit by an adult player's swinging bat while trying to retrieve a bat
He was rushed to hospital in critical condition after accident on Saturday
Despite medics' best efforts, nine-year-old passed away Sunday evening
Kaiser was wearing a helmet at time of fatal incident in Wichita, Kansas
New photo shows player hugging little boy just seconds after he was hit
Another depicts EMT crew and umpire desperately trying to save Kaiser

Yet again we see someone dying despite the best efforts of medics, trephination, drugs to reduce the swelling, cryo-therapy, Intensive care . . and all the rest.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 10:55 am

This has made me think . I had fall few weeks ago in my sons house in Portugal , was at sink and washing glasses .that was few weeks agoo to wipe them ,turned sideways and slipped on damp floor ,had nothing on my feet and whacked down on my back on tiled floor and heard my head crack on the floor . Oh boy was I lucky not to done real damage . Thinking about it after I lay there for few mins. I just sat in chair for while and told my husband ,if I feel sick I will have to go see docter or visit a clinic, well as you can tell I dint feel yukky ,so didn't go and get it checked . so now I am gratefull. joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 05 Aug 2015, 11:06 am

Oh dear, that could have been nasty joyce and glad that you are ok. flower   It is always best to get yourself checked out when you crack your head, but how many of us do.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

Yes candyfloss I should have ,I am so daft ,if that had been anyone else ,I would have taken them ,just now do I realize how serios it could have been .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 05 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

flower  That was a close one Joyce.  Just go carefully in future won`t you.  You must be quite tough.

I always thought Cilla looked very frail, like a little bird.

I was amazed to think that, with her red hair and pale skin, she sun bathed at all, particularly as the temperatures were so high in Spain.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

Another one to stick up for obvious reasons. Mods move somewhere else if need be...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/595992/Consultant-accidentally-kills-himself-anaesthetic-sleep
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Wed 05 Aug 2015, 5:28 pm

haha yes mimi, I think I am a tough old bird ,I am 5ft 2inches and 8 stone 5 or 6 as a rule ,so I am not frail really ,just shows what could happen though eh ?I was surprised also that cilla sunbathed in such heat ? maybe she fell soon after she went outside ,blood pressure drop etc. well that's only a guess . It turned out her son had to break down her bedroom door to get to her .Glad she did not suffer badly ,we hope eh ? joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Celebrity deaths - Page 3 Empty Seems to be confirmed

Post  PeterMac Thu 06 Aug 2015, 8:05 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11786322/Cilla-Black-may-have-had-a-chance-of-survival-had-she-been-found-straight-away.html
Cilla Black may have had a chance of survival had she been found straight away
A pathologist's report reveals the injury Cilla Black suffered does not often cause death

By Nicola Harley
7:25AM BST 06 Aug 2015

Cilla Black may have had a chance of survival had she been found straight away, a pathologist's report has revealed.
The singer died from a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa.
It is believed she was not found for at least four hours.
A pathologist report into the 72-year-old's death revealed the injury she suffered does not usually cause death but she was also showing signs of heat stroke.
The ten-page report confirmed the former Blind Date presenter suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage - a rare form of stroke caused by bleeding on the surface of the brain.
The medical experts who examined her said the haemorrhage had been caused by a head injury they thought she suffered as she fell backwards and hit her terrace wall.
Revealing most people normally survive the injury Cilla suffered - and heatstroke contributed to her death - the report said: "A subarachnoid haemorrhage by its characteristics doesnt normally cause sudden death, but it can produce a loss of consciousness and depending on the state of health of the person and the context (place and way in which the trauma occurs, time it takes to be medically assisted, position people are found in etc) can cause death in a more or less defined period of time.
"That can either be through lack of consciousness or obstruction of the airways by the tongue or the lack of medical attention during a certain time period, causing a brain alteration with subsequent heart and/or lung consequences and death."

It concluded: "The most probable diagnosis of the cause of death, at this moment in time, pending lab results that have been requested, is: Head Injury, subarachnoid haemorrhage, as a result of a fall. Contributing to death, but not in a decisive manner, the high temperature the body remained in after this loss of consciousness."
But as we know people DO die of sub-arachnoids, even though they are in intensive care, have been trepanned, and are under constant monitoring.
The headline is rather insensitive, as it pins 'blame' on the son.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next