MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook news

+25
niklasericson
unreorganised
Freedom
Winslow Boy
Châtelaine
joyce1938
chrissie
Bloodhound
Guinea Pig
PMR
Poe
Mo
costello
MrsC
Bubblewrapped
TheTruthWillOut
JJ
AndyB
froggy
hesla
candyfloss
bluebell
Mimi
Andrew
chirpyinsect
29 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Facebook news - Page 8 Empty Re:A rant about facebook.

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 12:49 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
costello wrote:A screenshot has been saved re- the 'supposed' new 'Admin' and mods, apologies can't copy. Two names on the mod list are in my opinion unbelievable!!! Jason Mills has posted saying they are trying to re-store the original site.

My feeling is the new admins have made those 2 names mods to stir up the Ab Scam members against those 2. I can see lots of posts from members of the new AS group saying remove a certain person as they are in bed with the pros.

Yes Chirpy totally agree (hence the reason I didn't post the names).
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Facebook news - Page 8 Empty Re: Facebook news

Post  candyfloss Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

Best not to chirpy, if anyone wants it then a pm would be perhaps better.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

Fair enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

I`m not on Facebook. The above sounds awful - can`t someone report it to Facebook - I would have thought there were rules to safeguard things like that happening. It`s been hi-jacked.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:40 pm

Mimi wrote:I`m not on Facebook.  The above sounds awful - can`t someone report it to Facebook - I would have thought there were rules to safeguard things like that happening.  It`s been hi-jacked.

All the new admins have been reported but FB say it doesn't break their rules. Problem is not hacking per se. Someone was made an admin and it is they who have deleted the old admins and installed the new ones. When you see the list of new admins it is obvious who is behind it. They are deleting members down to under 5000 from 28000 so they can change the group name. I think there is a new one waiting to go that is supposed to be for pro and anti. Yeah right.

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:41 pm

Mimi wrote:I`m not on Facebook.  The above sounds awful - can`t someone report it to Facebook - I would have thought there were rules to safeguard things like that happening.  It`s been hi-jacked.

It has been reported to facebook Mimi and there is nothing that can be done!!! There was a post with a
screenshot from fb, apologies can't copy as my laptop is playing up.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 1:48 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:

All the new admins have been reported but FB say it doesn't break their rules. Problem is not hacking per se. Someone was made an admin and it is they who have deleted the old admins and installed the new ones. When you see the list of new admins it is obvious who is behind it. They are deleting members down to under 5000 from 28000 so they can change the group name. I think there is a new one waiting to go that is supposed to be for pro and anti. Yeah right.

Chirpy the group was just short of 19k members and from what I have read they have deleted 500
members so far. The new group is just over 2k but hopefully should rise when things are a bit more stable.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:08 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:

Hell. Does anyone know who this rogue admin person is?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:12 pm

I think they do.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:14 pm

If it is known out there, then I suppose it is ok to put it here, it is private anyway.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Facebook news - Page 8 Empty Abduction or Scam Facebook group hacked

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:16 pm

costello wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

Chirpy the group was just short of 19k members and from what I have read they have deleted 500
members so far. The new group is just over 2k but hopefully should rise when things are a bit more stable.

I thought it was more than that but I think it is they have to get the membership down to 500 not 5000 b4 they can change the group name. They are absolute b'stards but I think someone was getting too close to the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:35 pm

Just did a longish post but topic was locked. Anyhoo a William McMahon was made admin so the group believe it was him but a Sarah J Benyan seems to be involved. She was a pro but on the AS group too. This morning her FB had reference to a new group that would have pro and anti admins. Can't remember name and it's gone now. The original AS now taken over by pros is trying to get the membership down to change the name. I predict it will be to whatever that Sarah had on her FB as the ethos is now the same.
I only know this because of screenshots I'm reading on AS 2 which is public. As a non member I can't see AS1 now. Think the status is secret group.

Back to top Go down

Facebook news - Page 8 Empty Re:Abduction or Scam Facebook.

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:39 pm

There was a new member of Admin appointed (Tuesday or Wednesday of last week) I remembered thinking I didn't recognize the person's name.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 2:58 pm

Apologies Chirpy I mentioned up thread 'A or S' had almost 19k members, it should have read almost 29k members. I'm just so angry about what has happened today I got a bit confused.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 18 Jun 2016, 4:00 pm

From what I can gather they think they were getting close to the truth on AS. Now some might think that means Freud stuff but this was planned for a while and I think the guy responsible was made admin 2 months ago. Hmm what court decision was made round about then? Smell a rat anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 4:43 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:From what I can gather they think they were getting close to the truth on AS. Now some might think that means Freud stuff but this was planned for a while and I think the guy responsible was made admin 2 months ago. Hmm what court decision was made round about then? Smell a rat anyone?

Not exactly sure here chirpy, I know as being a member of 'AorS' you can comment on any aspect of this case as long as you safe guard yourself and the group of any libelous connations. The guy that
was made admin was only recently and how apt that FG is abroad at this time. Again just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 18 Jun 2016, 4:45 pm

I'm not on facebook or twitter so a bit vague about what these shenanigans are for. Can someone explain in simple terms for a simple mind please?
What is the point? Is it to obtain personal information of members? I just don't understand but would like to. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 5:07 pm

bluebell wrote:I'm not on facebook or twitter so a bit vague about what these shenanigans are for.    Can someone explain in simple terms for a simple mind please?
What is the point?   Is it to obtain personal information of members?  I just don't understand but would like to.         Embarassed

I only joined facebook for the Abduction or Scam group and that is fact bluebell. I used to moan at friends re- all the information they gave out. I have a page but don't encourage friends etc to post
in any way, and to be honest I don't check on anything else.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 18 Jun 2016, 6:10 pm

I personally think there was just too much info, most was from the files and thousands were joining. I'd only just became a member a few weeks ago, but had been liking and sharing for quite a while now. Could it be the fact that people had started posting GAs book, chapter by chapter? Was this just too much for "some people"? Fb is very big now and a very social place, was too many people getting to read the book? A book that the mcs have been fighting to ban everywhere, especially in English?
IMO though

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 18 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I personally think there was just too much info, most was from the files and thousands were joining. I'd only just became a member a few weeks ago, but had been liking and sharing for quite a while now. Could it be the fact that people had started posting GAs book, chapter by chapter?[b][/b] Was this just too much for "some people"? Fb is very big now and a very social place, was too many people getting to read the book? A book that the mcs have been fighting to ban everywhere, especially in English?
IMO though

Now that makes some sense to me ddl. TM doing as much damage control as possible. ?

Back to top Go down

Facebook news - Page 8 Empty Re:Abduction or Scam Facebook group hacked.

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 9:58 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I personally think there was just too much info, most was from the files and thousands were joining. I'd only just became a member a few weeks ago, but had been liking and sharing for quite a while now. Could it be the fact that people had started posting GAs book, chapter by chapter? Was this just too much for "some people"? Fb is very big now and a very social place, was too many people getting to read the book? A book that the mcs have been fighting to ban everywhere, especially in English?
IMO though

Yes I agree ddl, also a member was offering the book in all formats to any members that wanted a copy (that was only about 10 days ago). The guy was having requests from lots of members myself
included and everyone got what they wanted: kindle, pdf, tablet etc. The good news is a member of Admin has just posted that the members are now back up to 30k! with pro- McCann supporters offering their help. Also lots of members have been rallying around retrieving lost information.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:06 pm

True Costello, I've just rejoined about half an hour ago, why should we let a few people win over us thousands?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:40 pm

Just seen a tweet on twitter saying back up and running again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/253706621672502/?fref=nf
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:42 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:True Costello, I've just rejoined about half an hour ago, why should we let a few people win over us thousands?

Yes I agree ddl.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sun 19 Jun 2016, 1:14 am

Just read all the information that has been stored on the original site up until February (this year) has now been deleted. It beggars belief, what a waste.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next