MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16

+20
Mo
kylie
dandaar
Poe
poster
Neveronasunday
chirpyinsect
Admin
End
niklasericson
Freedom
froggy
Châtelaine
seahorse
gbwales
dogs don't lie
Heisenburg
costello
candyfloss
Andrew
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Apr 2016, 11:53 am

Yes, it seems to be from 2013, after the Crimewatch programme.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16 - Page 2 Empty Re:Goncalo Interview.

Post  costello Sun 24 Apr 2016, 11:59 am

Andrew wrote:Just to say that the post I copied and posted over is certainly not the full transcript.

The programme was over an hour long.....

It looks like it's an old one from a few years back after re-reading it.

I thought that too Andrew, it was posted 3hrs ago, and other members are commenting.
Apologies if this is incorrect.

It may be a wrong translation, although not confirmed as yet.

Last edited by costello on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information.)
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Goncalo Interview on Portugal TV 23.04.16

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

Freedom wrote:Yes, it seems to be from 2013, after the Crimewatch programme.
Yes, it would seem so, I have added a comment at the top, so there is no confusion.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

costello wrote:
Andrew wrote:Just to say that the post I copied and posted over is certainly not the full transcript.

The programme was over an hour long.....

It looks like it's an old one from a few years back after re-reading it.

I thought that too Andrew, it was posted 3hrs ago, and other members are commenting.
Apologies if this is incorrect.

No worries. I should of double checked before I posted it up. (might as well delete it mods..)

Seems to be coming from this which is doing the rounds on twitter.

http://breakingdownthnews.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/maddie-police-officers-shocking-reports.html?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=%C2%A3%7B%22Facebook%22,+%22twitter%22+%22Google%2B%22%7D&utm_source=%C2%A3%7B%22socialnetwork%22%7D&m=1
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:34 pm

Any Portuguese members or anyone who can understand it amongst us that can have a squiz at this.....

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Sun 24 Apr 2016, 2:53 pm

"There was a coffin in the church with an old lady that was incinerated next day in Ferreira do Alentejo".

If this is true,the whole "thing" must have been pre-planned imo.

Or?
*Going on a one week suntrip with the family to a resort you have never been to,the child dies in an accident and we ask a priest if someone without relatives have died recently and will be cremated?
Priest: "Yes we have a eldery woman in a coffin where we can put the child"
And all this within hours?

If pre-planned,yes, I buy it.
Accident on the eve May 3rd, sorry, it´s not a realistic scenario.
Imo

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:02 pm

Do we know on which DATE this cremation took place?
Was it AFTER the McCs were handed the keys of the church?
I guess so ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  End Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

niklasericson wrote:"There was a coffin in the church with an old lady that was incinerated next day in Ferreira do Alentejo".

Or?
*Going on a one week suntrip with the family to a resort you have never been to,the child dies in an accident and we ask a priest if someone without relatives have died recently and will be cremated?

Imo

Admittedly I am only skim reading, but the gist I got from to-days translations was that the cremation took place a few weeks later ( when the infamous hire car came into use)...so the body was hid in the fridge (joining dots from all over the place!) in the interim...and when a suitable coffin came up ...the transfer was made??
End
End

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Sun 24 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Do we know on which DATE this cremation took place?
Was it AFTER the McCs were handed the keys of the church?
I guess so ...

I saw on hideho's facebook page that it was 3 weeks after Madeleine's disappearance.
It's not confirmed though, so we will have to wait for the translation of the interview.

"

Isabel Oliveira The 3 people enter the church carrying a bag Ben . That would explain car . This is not on night of 3rd x
Like · 4 · 14 hrs

Ben Salmon
Ben Salmon He said it was 3 weeks after? That's a bullseye if it was! But sadly hard to prove and removes knowing the cause of death. So they could make up anything frown emoticon
Like · 2 · 13 hrs

Belinda McCarthy
Belinda McCarthy This would explain why the McCanns kept trying to hassel the local resident who lived next door to the church for her information, but failed.

"

seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:13 pm

"But he suggested the McCanns hid her body in the woman’s coffin at Praia da Luz catholic church – which they had a key for – a month after she vanished in 2007."

Liverpool Echo, 17th June 2014
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-hid-body-7277975
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Sun 24 Apr 2016, 4:33 pm

End wrote:
niklasericson wrote:"There was a coffin in the church with an old lady that was incinerated next day in Ferreira do Alentejo".

Or?

Imo

Admittedly I am only skim reading, but the gist I got from to-days translations was that the cremation took place a few weeks later ( when the infamous hire car came into use)...so the body was hid in the fridge (joining dots from all over the place!) in the interim...and when a suitable coffin came up ...the transfer was made??
I see.
I misunderstood,I thought someone saw 3 people with a bag and entered the church at night, May 3/4.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:45 pm

Joana Morais ‏@JoanaAMorais · 17m17 minutes ago

"Investigate the incinerated body thesis"
https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2016/04/investigate-incinerated-body-thesis.html … plus short transcript #McCann

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:46 pm

The "infamous hire car" and its extra mileage would be irrelevant unless anyone's suggesting they drove the coffin up to the cremation place themselves...!

Got to be honest, I'm more interested in this third timeline (by Kate?) that's been mentioned. When was it discovered? What were the timings and people on it? How does it conflict with the others and how does it conflict with any statements Kate gave....
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 9:39 pm

gbwales wrote:The "infamous hire car" and its extra mileage would be irrelevant unless anyone's suggesting they drove the coffin up to the cremation place themselves...!

Got to be honest, I'm more interested in this third timeline (by Kate?) that's been mentioned. When was it discovered? What were the timings and people on it? How does it conflict with the others and how does it conflict with any statements Kate gave....

Yeah this 3rd timeline is most intriguing indeed. Looking forward to seeing that one.

Here's the transcript from CF's link...

24 APRIL 2016 | POSTED BY JOANA MORAIS LEAVE A COMMENT

CM Special, "Maddie, the Mystery" broadcast yesterday

by Sérgio A. Vitorino, Tânia Laranjo

Gonçalo Amaral, the former coordinator of the Judiciary Police who investigated the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in May 2007, in the Algarve, is very clear: "With the failure of all the investigations and the millions spent, which only wanted to discredit our line of investigation [that Maddie died accidentally and the parents concealed the body], it is now time to refocus the investigation."

Gonçalo Amaral said yesterday to CM that it should now be done in Portugal "the reconstruction that was never carried out and the laboratorial analysis of evidence which was never truly analysed, such as the hairs in the boot of the car where Madeleine's bodily fluids were found".

The retired investigator also stated that it is necessary to follow leads like the "incineration of Madeleine's body inside a coffin of a British subject" and to access the medical records of the girl in the UK, which has never been allowed.

in Correio da Manhã, April 24, 2016

Short transcript on this topic from CM Special: "Maddie, the Mystery"

Anchor João Ferreira - I would like for you to tell us in detail your explanation for the disappearance of the body, you have a thesis..

Gonçalo Amaral - No, I don't have one.

Anchor - ... in this book...

Gonçalo Amaral - No, in that book there isn't anything concerning what we just saw me saying on the news piece that was shown. Because these are elements, these are information that appeared afterwards and were never investigated. It's just an hypothesis, and when considering that hypothesis...

Anchor - An hypothesis that Madeleine's body could have been hidden, could have been incinerated, right?

Gonçalo Amaral - There's an information here, in the police, that mentions that. That in a night, three figures were seen carrying a bag, entering the church...

Anchor - In the Praia da Luz church.

Gonçalo Amaral - In that church was a coffin of a woman, a woman from the United Kingdom...

Anchor - Of a British woman.

Gonçalo Amaral - ... and in the following day that coffin was transferred to Ferreira do Alentejo to be incinerated. But no one is saying that the parents did that, or saying who did that. It's something that someone who is on the field investigating has to ascertain, must investigate thoroughly.

Anchor - But you concede that hypothesis, that possibility of Madeleine's cadaver being taken to the church, and then incinerated is a plausible hypothesis...

Gonçalo Amaral - We're practically starting by the end, first is the disappearance, if you allow me to explain, to explain to the viewers... [overlapping speech]

Anchor - I'll allow you, but just so not to lose this train of thought, is this hypothesis plausible for you?

Gonçalo Amaral - It is plausible, and I say plausible in this sense, that that body would fit underneath the cadaver that was already there.

Anchor - And it would fit?

Gonçalo Amaral - It would, yes. At the time, when I was already out of the Judiciary Police I obtained the opinion of people that dealt with that, of funeral agencies, and they said that it was a possibility. It's an opinion that is not officialized but it's a possibility. If it happened like that or not, we don't know, there are several hypotheses to make a body disappear.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Apr 2016, 10:24 pm

gbwales wrote:The "infamous hire car" and its extra mileage would be irrelevant unless anyone's suggesting they drove the coffin up to the cremation place themselves...!

Is it possible they - or someone else - drove to the cremation place to make sure the cremation took place without any problems? It would make sense for someone else to go there to observe and report back, as the McCanns themselves would have been recognizable. Unless they kept an extremely low profile.

Put yourselves in the McCanns place. IF indeed they had managed to hide Madeleine's body in a coffin, then it would have left a very big loose end if they had not also observed the cremation, the finalization of the process. It would have been the logical thing to do. And they would also, presumably, be able to find out what happened to the ashes after the cremation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 12:16 am

Posted by portugalpress on April 24, 2016
Amaral’s libel win opens Pandora’s Box on national television

A new ‘mood’ has emerged following the successful appeal by former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral against €500,000 libel damages awarded to the parents of missing Madeleine McCann.

For the first time “serious figures” formerly connected to the government and PJ are questioning the political pressures that effectively shut-down the original Portuguese investigation - allowing nothing to move forwards other than the abduction theory.

Without naming names or pointing fingers, it is clear that Amaral’s victorious return from the cold of litigation has paved the way for less-than-habitually-guarded discussion.

While here CMTV screened a four-way interview late on Saturday night which threw up the issue of ‘plausible leads’ nipped in the bud in the early days - as they simply did not fit with the abduction profile - in Edinburgh former ambassador and human rights activist Craig Murray has weighed onto the scene, outlining the sort of pressure with which Portugal had to contend.

“I am going to come straight out with this”, he wrote in a post following news of Amaral’s appeal court win. “British diplomatic staff were under direct instruction to support the McCanns far beyond the usual and to put pressure on the Portuguese authorities over the case.

“I have direct information that more than one of those diplomatic staff found the McCanns less than convincing and their stories inconsistent. Embassy staff were perturbed to be ordered that British authorities were to be present at every contact between the McCanns and Portuguese police.

“This again is absolutely not the norm. On a daily basis more British citizens have contact with foreign authorities than the total staff of the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office). It would be simply impossible to give that level of support to everybody”.

John Buck, Murray’s direct boss in the FCO when he was head of Cyprus Section, was the British ambassador in Portugal when three-year-old Madeleine went missing in May, 2007.

“He and his staff were concerned by contradictions in the McCann’s story”, Murray continues. “The Embassy warned, in writing, that being perceived as too close to the McCanns might not prove wise. They demanded the instruction from London be reconfirmed. It was.”

Murray’s post does not dwell on the reasons for this “far beyond usual” support, but he concedes “that it might have put some psychological pressure on the Portuguese investigators and prosecuting officers in their determinations”.

Talking on CMTV in the early hours of Sunday morning, former PJ director Manuel Rodrigues left little doubt that it had.

In a one-hour “special” which went out between 11.30 and 12.40, Rodrigues and former Minister for Internal Administration Rui Pereira both lamented British interference which, Rodrigues concedes, may ensure that “blame” in this apparently unsolvable nine-year-old mystery “dies a spinster”.

Why a faithful reconstruction of the night of Madeleine’s disappearance was never achieved he still does not know, he explained.

“Someone stopped it. Don’t ask me to name names. We have already talked about all the assistance the (McCann) couple received from people directly connected with the British government. We have talked about the British government and the British police. I can’t interpret it any other way”.

Rodrigues referred to the “pure ingenuousness” of Portuguese authorities, allowing forensic tests on evidence recovered to be allowed to take place in a British laboratory so that there was no whiff of uncertainty.

In the first report, 15 alleles out of 19 that made up Madeleine’s DNA appeared, he said.

Then, in a second report, all the alleles had “disappeared completely”.

Amaral too had his moment to outline some the ‘plausible hypotheses’ that emerged in the early days as his team shifted its focus from the likelihood of an abduction.

A late-night sighting of three figures entering Luz church with a large bag coincided with the existence of a coffin inside the church, he said, into which Madeleine’s body could have been placed.

The coffin - holding the remains of an elderly British resident - was taken the following day for cremation in the Alentejo.

Amaral stressed nonetheless that the book ‘Maddie: The Truth of the Lie’ that the McCanns have sought to ban is not ‘his truth’ - nor indeed factual truth - but the opinion of the PJ in September of 2007 when it became clear their efforts were about to be archived.

Since that time - and even when Scotland Yard became involved in 2011 and vowed to ‘peel back the layers’ of the mystery as if peeling an onion - none of those original lines of investigation have ever been revisited, resulting in the situation in which millions of pounds have been spent getting nowhere, or as Amaral put it: “going down a one-way street”.

That the four-way interview went out at such a late hour suggests CMTV is still being careful about how it presents this case, but Amaral’s ‘victory’ for freedom of expression would appear to have lifted the lid on a Pandora’s Box shut tight from mainstream media for almost nine years.

In UK, the Sun leaked a lurid colour page promising an exposé on “Maddie Cop’s Sick Secret” on Sunday morning.

It turned out to be nothing more than the rehash of an ‘Amaral-bashing’ story by the Express a year before in which British people donating to his legal expenses were tarnished as ‘online trolls’.

But it served to highlight that ‘pressure’ in Britain to stick to the abduction theory and demonise everything else could still be at work.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/amaral%E2%80%99s-libel-win-opens-pandora%E2%80%99s-box-on-national-television#sthash.IKF1vXZo.No9OnRfk.dpuf
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 25 Apr 2016, 2:27 am

Since the forbidden words "POLITICAL INTERFERENCE" seem now to have been raised again, this time in a huge way, perhaps the following has happened:

1. There was a person in the UK government or political establishment who needed to be protected as a direct or indirect result of what happened to Madeleine and/or Gerry McCann's connection to that person. That person is no longer being protected. Either that person has died, or they have been rendered toothless, for whatever reason.

2. The Mcanns were protected because of their connection to this person. Because this person no longer has protection, the McCanns are no longer protected and they can no longer count on support from the UK government. They are being "cut loose".

It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 25 Apr 2016, 6:11 am

I'm thinking of a former PM who was very helpful in this case. He retired from Parliament in May 2015 and has kept his head down since. With the imprisonment of Socrates and the positive outcome from GA, the times they are a changing.

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:07 am

Yes,and why was this person protected?
I think this protection and Madeleines medical records that PJ didn't get access to has a connection.

*A gang of british doctors in pdl.
*No access to Madeleine's medical records.
*Someone high rank in London was protected.
Could this person have worked on departement of health?
Did they tried an unproven drog for some kind of illness that Madeleine could have suffer from?
Amaral told us that Madeleine could have been ill.

Last edited by niklasericson on Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Neveronasunday Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:23 am

canada12 wrote:Since the forbidden words "POLITICAL INTERFERENCE" seem now to have been raised again....
I've always thought that politicians got involved because they felt they had a duty to, rather than because they were wilfully covering something up.

But, knowing how some politicians behave, I may be completely wrong.

The next few months could be interesting.
Neveronasunday
Neveronasunday

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:49 am

Neveronasunday wrote:
canada12 wrote:Since the forbidden words "POLITICAL INTERFERENCE" seem now to have been raised again....
I've always thought that politicians got involved because they felt they had a duty to, rather than because they were wilfully covering something up.

But, knowing how some politicians behave, I may be completely wrong.

The next few months could be interesting.

My feeling is that politicians would offer up the standard fare of "we will do everything we can for the family who have our support and good wishes" yada yada. The minute there was a sniff of suspicion they would distance themselves pronto.
Now the PM of the day would know perfectly well that the PJ didn't believe the parents and the same would apply to his successor. So why the sustained assistance? I suggest we look very carefully at world events from about 2006 to 2007at the very least.

Back to top Go down

Post  Neveronasunday Mon 25 Apr 2016, 8:56 am

It's true that politicians help one another out - just look at Obama and Cameron.
Neveronasunday
Neveronasunday

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 25 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

http://joana-morais.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/cm-special-maddie-mystery.html?m=1

25 April 2016
CM Special: 'Maddie, The Mystery'

Debate panel from left to right: Tânia Laranjo, CM journalist; Manuel Rodrigues, former PJ inspector; João Ferreira, CMTV news anchor; Gonçalo amaral, former PJ inspector & Rui Pereira, former Minister of Internal Affairs

Anchor João Ferreira - This special by CMTV 'Maddie, the Mystery', is going to focus on the book that I hold in my hands: "Maddie, the Truth of the Lie". It was written by Gonçalo Amaral, former Judiciary Police (PJ) coordinator. The man that was at the forefront of the investigation during the first months of the case, a case that has been dragging on for the past nine years. It's the book where Gonçalo Amaral reveals his truth about the mystery of the Maddie Case, a truth for which he was removed from the investigation and the reason why he requested an early retirement from the Judiciary Police (PJ), after 26 years of service. A truth, according to which the little girl died accidentally. Following that death, an unwanted and accidental death, the parents concealed their own daughter's cadaver. This is the truth that we are going to analyse in this special, where the man that wrote this book - and has just been acquitted by the Appeals court of Lisbon and absolved of having to pay a compensation of 500,000 euro to the McCann couple - will break the silence. A special where we are going to ask uncomfortable questions to Gonçalo Amaral, where we will confront his truth with other possible truths. Right now, let us have a look to the truth revealed in this book that is now allowed to see the light of day.

News Segment 1

Kate McCann (archive footage 2007) - (in Portuguese) Please, give our little girl back.
(in English) Please, give our little girl back.

Voice Over Mónica Palma (VO)- Abduction, defend the McCanns. Accident and concealment of the cadaver is the belief of Gonçalo Amaral.

Gonçalo Amaral (archive footage 2014) - If Madeleine McCann is truly dead, I doubt the body still exists. In that church there was a coffin with the cadaver of an elderly British lady which in the following day was going to Ferreira do Alentejo to be cremated. It was possible for the body of a child of that age and size to be concealed underneath that cadaver.

Voice Over - After six months of investigation, the former PJ inspector is removed from the Maddie Case, and this is one of the issues that was the object of his reflection. In the book that Gonçalo Amaral published, "Maddie, The Truth of the Lie", there is a chapter dedicated to that topic: the removal of a coordinator from an investigation, conspiracy or subservience?, questions the former PJ inspector. And it is precisely due to the 220 pages written by Amaral and a DVD with a documentary about Maddie, that the PJ inspector became the target of a lawsuit, a legal process that has been dragging for numerous years. In 2009, the McCann couple went to justice, demanding from Gonçalo Amaral a compensation of 1,2 million euro. The McCanns considered the publication and the documentary defamatory, they alleged to have suffered moral damages. The British couple considered that their rights, liberties and guarantees of the family were violated. The defence of the McCann family considered that Gonçalo Amaral could not have revealed information that appeared in the process of the investigation to Madeleine's disappearance. The defence also alleged that the book was ready three days after the prosecutor of Portimão, Magalhães e Menezes, redacted the dispatch that archived the process against the McCann couple, which had the date of 29 of July of 2008. In the book, the former criminal investigation coordinator of the PJ, Gonçalo Amaral, defends the thesis that Maddie's parents were involved in the disappearance and in the concealment of the 3-year-old girl's body. The McCann's defence lawyer, Isabel Duarte, argued that the author, Gonçalo Amaral, used unauthorized documents from the process, documents that were prohibited. This was a process that dragged in court for years, with successive postponements of court sessions and an attempt to an extra-judicial settlement between the parties, which never came into fruition.

Kate McCann (archive footage, press conference 2014) - We took on this case because of the pain and distress that Mr. Amaral has brought to us and our children.
Gerry McCann - We want to get justice for Madeleine.

Voice Over - In January 2015, the civil court, ended up condemning Gonçalo Amaral to pay to each one of the members of the McCann couple, Kate and Gerry, the amount of 250,000 euro. 250,000 euro plus interest, counting back from January 5 of 2010. Besides this payment, the civil court also decreed the prohibition of sales of new editions of the book and DVD, as well as the negotiations to transfer the copyright of both book and documentary. Gonçalo Amaral appealed, and there was a turnaround in this process. The Court of Appeals of Lisbon ruled in favour of the PJ inspector and revoked the sentence. The judges understood that Amaral acted within the framework of the legitimate right to exercise an opinion. The court considered the facts presented in the book and DVD, were, some of them, divulged by the McCanns themselves in numerous interviews all over the world. Gonçalo Amaral will not have to pay the indemnification of 250,000 euro to each member of the McCann couple. Gonçalo Amaral's book will soon return to the bookshops, however, Kate and Gerry have already stated that they will appeal to the Supreme Court of Justice. Kate and Gerry, who have always maintained that Madeleine was abducted, were constituted as arguidos (suspects) in September 2007, but were cleared in July 2008 for lack of evidence to sustain the hypothesis advanced by the investigation to the alleged accidental death of the little girl.
Maddie, disappeared on May 3, 2007, just a few days before of her fourth birthday. The English girl disappeared from this apartment (image of apartment is shown) in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, where she was sleeping along with her younger twin siblings.

Anchor João Ferreira - In the studio, in this special, we have Gonçalo Amaral, former PJ coordinator; Rui Pereira, CMTV commentator and Minister of Internal Affairs at the time of Maddie's disappearance; Manuel Rodrigues, former chief inspector of the Judiciary Police and also a CMTV commentator and Tânia Laranjo, Correio da Manhã and CMTV journalist, who followed closely the investigations to the Maddie case. Good-evening gentlemen, good-evening madam, it's a pleasure to be here with you all. Gonçalo Amaral, I'll start with you, good-evening, thank you for being here.

Gonçalo Amaral - Good-evening, thank you for the invitation.

Anchor João Ferreira - Did this investigation destroy your career?

Gonçalo Amaral - No, it interrupted my career. I had a dignified professional path in terms of work and progress in the hierarchy, I was an officer, an inspector, then chief-inspector, then I was a coordinator and could have gone a bit further, in fact at the time of the disappearance, when the case happened, I had applied for the role of superior coordinator of the Judiciary Police, it was a matter of time. So, that was the interruption, the life change, the career change, if I had stayed maybe I could have been in another professional position.

Anchor - Do you feel like a victim of the circumstances?

Gonçalo Amaral - No, I never considered myself as a victim then nor now. I felt at a certain point in time and this was part of the reasons that motivated me to write the book, that there was a full campaign of defamation and insults. A campaign that is likely to begin again given the court result, I have no doubts that it may happen again. That is usual under the circumstances associated with this case. So, I was a target of that. I requested at the time, I almost demanded it in fact, that is, demand between inverted commas, for the Judiciary Police direction to come out in our defence. Not only in my defence, but in the defence of all the officers that were working on the case and were called names such as drunks, alcoholics, of being lazy, incompetents, and so on. There were intrusions on our private lives, we were under surveillance, a series of things. Nothing was done about that. Then I begun to understand that the process was going to be archived, a conversation on that subject took place and it was then that I decided that it was enough. There was a preceding moment where I went to Faro (PJ headquarters)...

Anchor - After you were removed from the investigation?

Gonçalo Amaral - Yes, removed from the direction, from being the officer in charge of Portimão. I thought that everything would end there, but no, the attacks went on. I asked at that time to Dr. Alípio Ribeiro, to send me to...

Anchor - The National Director of the Judiciary Police?

Gonçalo Amaral - Yes, he was the director of the Judiciary Police. I asked him to let me go to the Azores, so I could regain some peace. I wanted to get away of these issues. They understood that I should stay and do my job in Faro, there I stayed, things went on until I've decided to.. I couldn't stand it any longer.

Anchor - But you asked to the Direction of the Judiciary Police to write this book? To reveal your truth?

Gonçalo Amaral - Yes, it does have to do with that. There was a problem, either I would write the book and stay in the Judiciary, and then the Judiciary would be liable or I could leave the Judiciary and anything that might happen would be on me. So, I set the Judiciary Police aside of the problem, and I left the Judiciary Police in order to regain the plenitude of my rights.

Anchor - Did Alípio Ribeiro pull the rug from under your feet?

Gonçalo Amaral - No, he did not. No one pulled the rug from under anyone's feet. There were a series of circumstances that lead to this outcome. A colleague of mine is present here today, and he knows that it's very unlikely for the PJ's direction to defend its men. Maybe with another director, I'm recalling Dr. Marques Vidal - to whom I express my gratitude for his support since the very outset, right from when the book was published, he presented the book - maybe it would have been different, maybe the protection of the officers would have been another. But Dr. Marques Vidal was an unique case, a director of the Judiciary Police that we will never have again.

Anchor - A leader more brave than others?

Gonçalo Amaral - He had a great understanding of the officers, he was a very humane man, and defended those that risked, that worked at times almost without a net, he was there, present. I could tell you several stories, from the time of the Cavacos, the support that Dr. Marques Vidal gave to the men on the ground. These are facts that can be verified, but we're digressing from the topic. I would like to add, that I have nothing against Dr. Alípio Ribeiro.

Anchor - But do you think that Alípio Ribeiro didn't resist the pressures?

Gonçalo Amaral - No, no, I believe that... For example, in this issue of requesting to the Direction of the PJ to speak in our defence or to allow me to speak, I wrote a letter addressed to the directorate of the Judiciary Police, addressed to Dr. Alípio Ribeiro. Later, I learned that that letter never reached his hands, he never read it. The letter stopped at his assistants, therefore I can't accuse him of anything, it's not his fault, it's the fault of the structural machine that exists, additionally the PJ direction does not usually come out in defence of its officers. Note that we're talking about the direction of the Judiciary Police but we could equally talk about the ASFIC (Association of the Criminal Investigation Officers of the Criminal Police), I ask - what did ASFIC do for the officers, for its members, that were on the field, then and after? For example, right now, until now, what did they do? Has ASFIC direction, at any time - regarding myself, a retired officer with success on the work I did - ever called me? Either to congratulate, at this point in time or whatever. Nothing at all.

Anchor - Why do you think is that, Gonçalo?

Gonçalo Amaral - Maybe it's our culture, of the Portuguese, who knows? Maybe because I'm no longer in the police, have nothing to do with the PJ.

Anchor - Are you saying that there is fear from the people in the Judiciary to come out in your defence?

Gonçalo Amaral - I wouldn't say fear. I find it strange, a very odd situation. Those who have congratulated me at this point in time, for this decision - a decision that has not yet been rendered final, and may still be the target of an appeal - but those who have congratulated me were colleagues that are retired, not colleagues in active functions. Not even a single colleague on the active congratulated me. On the other hand, I had the support of colleagues in the active from the British police, who also have been present along the years.

Anchor - Let us move now to your truth, the truth that is here in this book...

Gonçalo Amaral - Well, that is another issue. That is not my truth...

Anchor - It's the factual truth.

Gonçalo Amaral - Not even that, that book represents the elements of the Judiciary Police...

Anchor - So, it's the material truth of the Judiciary Police?

Gonçalo Amaral - We could even say that the book is the opinion of the Judiciary Police until September 2007. Not my truth alone.

Anchor - And that opinion, Gonçalo Amaral, describes a scenario where the little girl Maddie suffered an accidental death...

Gonçalo Amaral - That is what is described in the PJ report written by the Chief Inspector Tavares de Almeida.

Anchor - ...a death unwanted by the parents and in face of that death the parents concealed the cadaver.

Gonçalo Amaral - Yes, there was an infringement. What that means is...

Anchor - So, for you Gonçalo the parents should be behind bars? Should they be punished for these crimes?

ongoing

Broadcast by CMTV, S16 EP20, CM Special: Maddie, the Mystery, April 23, 2016 - first draft
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:02 am

canada12 wrote:

Is it possible they - or someone else - drove to the cremation place to make sure the cremation took place without any problems? It would make sense for someone else to go there to observe and report back, as the McCanns themselves would have been recognizable. Unless they kept an extremely low profile.

Put yourselves in the McCanns place. IF indeed they had managed to hide Madeleine's body in a coffin, then it would have left a very big loose end if they had not also observed the cremation, the finalization of the process. It would have been the logical thing to do. And they would also, presumably, be able to find out what happened to the ashes after the cremation.

Very true - and a fair point Smile

Although I don't recall that location or any route up that direction having been noted on anyone's phone pings to date as opposed to other locations of interest which have shown up, will be interesting to see what may come of this possibility....
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:36 am

It would be very easy for PJ to look in the records.
Who drove the coffin?
What time exactly took the cremation place?
Who was the lady in that coffin?
Did someone back in the UK had any kind of connection to this lady?
What did and where was the people,priests etc.around the McCanns at the time for this cremation?
The police can also take a look at the phone pings around the cremation area that day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next