MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE

4 posters

Go down

Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE Empty Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE

Post  Andrew Wed 17 Aug 2016, 4:05 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-suing-sons-posh-125000-8650257

Dad suing son's posh £125,000 private school after the teenager left with just ONE GCSE

Scott Craddock, 57, spent thousands of pounds in fees for his son David’s education at Abbotsholme School in Rocester, Staffs

David gained just one GCSE and so his dad is now suing

A furious dad is suing his son’s private school - after the teen left with just one GCSE.

Scott Craddock, 57, spent thousands of pounds in fees for his son David’s education.

And he was left fuming when the 17-year-old got just a single GCSE - a Grade C in science.

Scott is now suing Abbotsholme School for £125,000 - the cost of David’s education .

He has served papers on the school in Rocester, Staffs, accusing them of failing in their duty of care.

The retired truck driver, from Burntwood, Staffs, said: “The school is not value for money in any way, shape or form. He would have done better at a local comp.

“I paid £28,000 a year for five years for David. They have not provided what they promised in any shape or form.

"The teachers said he would come away with at least five GCSE's - but he has got one.

Scott spent £125,000 sending his son to Abbotsholme School
"He wasn't the only one to underachieve. The standard of teaching there is way below what one would expect from a public school education."

" David was disheartened when he got his results. He said 'you spent all that money on my education and I walk away with one GCSE’.”

Scott, who worked in the Middle East to pay for his son’s education, added: “Public school should give you a leg up in life.

“But £125,000 is a lot of money and I have not got what I paid for. The staff are clearly not capable of getting the best out of the children.

“I feel like I've been ripped off, they just don't do what they say on the tin. I paid money for a public school education and I did not get a public school education.

“They are obliged to meet certain results and should be held accountable for not providing the standards they should be achieving.

"The only thing he came away from Abbotsholme with differently is that his best friend is the son of a Russian oligarch.”

David is now studying arboriculture and horticulture at Reaseheath College, in Nantwich, Cheshire.

Abbotsholme School is an independent boarding and day school for boys and girl aged between two and 18.

The school charges up to £30,000-a-year in fees. Its GCSE results from the summer of 2015 were lower than the national average.

Just 60 per cent of pupils from the independent boarding and day school received grades between an A* and a C.

Headmaster Steve Fairclough admitted last year's results were "not as good" as previous years.

He added: “I am unable to comment on any contact or dealings that Abbotsholme School has with Mr Craddock for legal reasons.

“We recognised that our results were not as good as in previous years, and have taken a number of steps to reverse this situation.

“In doing so, we are now on course to receive excellent results this year due to the hard work of all the teaching staff.”

.... Interesting to see what happens in court about this.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE Empty Re: Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE

Post  Freedom Wed 17 Aug 2016, 5:10 pm

I think we need to know how well (or otherwise) David has done throughout his time at the school.

If he has never done particularly well, it does not mean that the school is at fault - or indeed that David is; some people don't do well academically but it doesn't always mean that they are lazy.

If it is the case that his results have never been very good, I'm surprised that his father didn't remove him from the school earlier.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE Empty Re: Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE

Post  Andrew Wed 17 Aug 2016, 7:14 pm

Yeah if he's been 'academically slow' prior to being enrolled in a private school and he was one of the ones who dossed about not wanting to learn anything, then it's hardly the schools fault.

This made me chuckle though, from his Dad:

"The only thing he came away from Abbotsholme with differently is that his best friend is the son of a Russian oligarch.”
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 17 Aug 2016, 10:02 pm

Yes, I liked that comment too.

I wouldn't have thought that anyone at an expensive private school would be allowed to waste their time there by messing around.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Sep 2017, 1:36 pm

There doesn't seem to be any news about progress on the case but here's an interview with David's mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4277732/Mother-attacks-ex-suing-private-school-son-one-GCSE.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 20 Sep 2017, 7:52 pm

Oh dear poor lad - the mother doesn`t exactly look motherly - seems more interested in wearing black leather trousers, bleaching her hair and looking alluring.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 21 Sep 2017, 1:21 am

You won't like this look then either!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3280096/Angela-Rippon-71-shows-racy-style-leather-trousers-knee-high-boots.html

A google search of the first photo comes up with this:

Best guess for this image: mutton dressed as lamb.

Very Happy
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 21 Sep 2017, 7:45 am

No, absolutely dreadful.

At least she has her hair tied back.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 11 Mar 2018, 9:37 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Dad suing posh private school after son left with 1 GCSE Empty Pay your money and take your choice

Post  Yorkshiregel Sat 05 May 2018, 2:17 pm

If the results are as bad as this it means the teachers are not up to the job! The money that people have to pay at private schools is gob smacking. I do not blame the father for being angry. Either the boy was not behaving, which should have been corrected, or the teachers were rubbish. Either way you pay for a good job to be done, and this man did not get value for money. My grandson just about to take A-Levels, he is forecast 2 x A* and 2 x As. Not bad for a free education at a good Grammar School.
Yorkshiregel
Yorkshiregel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down