MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown

+22
espeland
mumof6
Châtelaine
Admin
Dee Coy
What's_up_doc?
TheTruthWillOut
Guinea Pig
Heisenburg
niklasericson
Winslow Boy
Helenmeg
Poe
bluebell
Andrew
Bampots
unreorganised
Mimi
Mo
dogs don't lie
Freedom
candyfloss
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown - Page 4 Empty Re: Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:30 am

Freedom wrote:Verdi obviously didn't graduate from charm school.

Re: PAT BROWN TO SUE RAHNI SADLER
Post by Verdi Today at 21:21

Wouldn't waste money suing just to save face.  Far simpler to avoid dubious media invitations in the first place.

Can't blame everyone else for your naivety.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/24/12/15/maddie-mccann-criminal-profiler-claims-hatchet-job-and-threatens-lawsuit-against-seven-west

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown - Page 4 Empty Re: Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:42 am

I've given it its own topic for ease of access.

Now to try to pluck up courage to watch it!

P.S. I can't get past the first 7 minutes - those old sycophantic interviews with the McCanns have finished me off.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:48 am

Freedom wrote:I don't agree that it's a good point.

It's just in my opinion part of the general putting Pat Brown down campaign since it became apparent that she doesn't go along with the obsession over there to discredit the Smiths at all costs.

I'm not saying that constructive criticism of anyone and their theories isn't allowed but that hardly describes anything on CMoMM, does it?

When you think how many so-called professional people - whether journalists or ex-police private investigators - have made absolute fools of themselves with their ridiculous theories as to what happened in the McCann case, Pat Brown deserves a lot of credit for stating her views.

She does agree by the way that she should have made more enquiries about the Australian TV channel but she was busy and unfortunately accepted the information given that Rahni Sadler was an investigative journalist on a current affairs programme.  

Yeah, fair enough. I just think that if she honestly believed that she was going to be given a platform - even on Australian TV - to discuss this case at length, in a coherent fashion, well then she must be naive in the extreme.

She mentioned the McCanns' litigiousness elsewhere. The McCanns don't need to sue anybody - the media seemingly Worldwide are now incapable of in depth analysis of any issue that deviates from a narrowly proscribed version of events. Look at the Mirror's recent rhetoric towards Amaral; it's identical to the rhetoric used against Assad, or Trump, or Putin - it has been decided by somebody, somewhere, that these are Bad People, cartoonish one-dimensional hate figures about which anything can be said whilst objective journalism looks the other way.

In the unlikely event that Pat Brown had sought my opinion before agreeing to appear on this programme my response would have been "Don't go there, sister!" The only suitable response to the current mainstream media is simply not to engage with it all - don't read it, definitely don't buy it, and certainly don't contribute to it.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:54 am

That's called burying your head etc., - what would this world be like if no one took chances and spoke out.  You have to take the chance don't you otherwise your voice and others won't be heard...  You sound like TB, he was going to tell her the the same thing over tea and cakes.  Smile   As Pat herself has said ..........

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 1hr

Replying to @WriteLyn

One always takes a chance when one speaks out in the media; but, if one doesn't do it, then there is one less voice. #mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:57 am

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 6h6 hours ago

Great article on my lawsuit against @rahnisadler & #SevenWestMedia for #SundayNight defamation by @marksaunokonoko

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/24/12/15/maddie-mccann-criminal-profiler-claims-hatchet-job-and-threatens-lawsuit-against-seven-west

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 9:59 am

Maddie McCann criminal profiler claims hatchet job and threatens lawsuit against Seven West

The US criminal profiler featured on Channel 7's Madeleine McCann documentary is threatening legal action to sue journalist Rahni Sadler and Seven West Media.

Crime expert Pat Brown said she was "absolutely appalled" at how the Sunday Night show was edited to produce a one-sided pro-McCann view, and claimed she had been set up to be humiliated by Sadler.

A former Scotland Yard detective who also featured in the documentary told Nine.com.au his analysis of Maddie's disappearance had been heavily distorted and that he would never work with Seven again.

The episode promised "major new developments", but ultimately failed to deliver on the much-hyped bombshell lead that would break the almost decade-long cold case open.

Washington DC-based Brown told Nine.com.au that Sadler interviewed her exhaustively for an hour but only used fractional snippets that could ultimately make her a target for legal action from the McCanns.

MORE: McCanns fail to stop 'not innocent' ruling in Maddie's disappearance

MORE: Abduction theories blasted as ridiculous; 'Maddie likely dead', crime expert claims

"They edited it poorly. They edited it exactly the way they wanted to make me look - which was an idiot," Brown said.

Brown said Sadler "interrogated" her at length about the physical, circumstantial, and behavioral evidence that supported her theories that Kate and Gerry should still be considered suspects in what happened to Madeleine.

But Brown said only one part of the interview about theories of Kate and Gerry disposing of their daughter's body made it to the screen - and that did not include any of her reasoned analysis.

"They wanted the viewers to believe I said the McCanns were guilty of a crime. Then they did not use any of the important evidence I put forward to support a theory that the McCanns may well be involved.

"They edited a number of other statements to make me look ridiculous."

One such moment in the documentary came when Sadler asked Brown how it was possible the McCanns' friends, otherwise known as the Tapas 7, could all be involved in a cover-up.

Brown told Nine.com.au her reply had been chopped, and it removed the crucial part where she said it was possible that one or two friends had helped create an alibi for the McCanns.

Jane Tanner, a friend who was holidaying in Praia da Luz with the McCanns, was critical in driving the theory Madeleine was abducted after allegedly seeing a man carrying a child near apartment 5A.

But Portuguese police have always harboured doubts over the validity of Tanner's statements, which changed several times as the investigation got underway.

"Everything that I was trying to explain was eliminated in the final production," Brown said.

The documentary suggested Brown's book had been dropped by retailing giant Amazon because of its speculative content which theorised Kate and Gerry may have hidden Maddie's body after an accidental death in the holiday apartment.

The reality, according to documents seen by Nine.com.au, was that Amazon was threatened by Carter-Ruck, the notorious London libel firm long employed by the McCanns to shut down negative headlines.

Brown said she had made numerous appearances on major US TV networks over a 15-year career and had never wanted to sue – until now.

US-based attorney Brian Close, who is representing Brown, said he has identified defamation, intentional misrepresentation and false light as grounds for legal action against Sadler and Seven West Media.

Former London Met homicide detective Colin Sutton was also angered at the way his commentary had been manipulated in the edit suite.

He told Nine.com.au the misrepresentations were "unfair, unethical and represents the sort of journalism with which I do not wish to be associated."

Nine.com.au has contacted Seven West Media for a statement but have not had comment at the time of publishing.

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2017

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/04/24/12/15/maddie-mccann-criminal-profiler-claims-hatchet-job-and-threatens-lawsuit-against-seven-west

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:03 am

Australian TV show Sunday Night with Pat Brown - Page 4 C-KhktKXYAAkvPZ

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:05 am

candyfloss wrote:

That's called burying your head etc., - what would this world be like if no one took chances and spoke out.  You have to take the chance don't you otherwise your voice and others won't be heard...  You sound like TB, he was going to tell her the the same thing over tea and cakes.  Smile   As Pat herself has said ..........

Replying to @WriteLyn

One always takes a chance when one speaks out in the media; but, if one doesn't do it, then there is one less voice. #mccann

Well I don't always agree with TB but on this occasion I'd say he's been proved spectacularly right - in the sense that something can't go more badly than descending into a lawsuit.

You don't have to bury your head in the sand. It's only the mainstream media I'm referring to. They're lost, gone. Talk to your friends and family, social media contacts, discuss the subject with colleagues if it ever comes up in conversation - and it will right now. I find many people find the subject difficult to discuss as they have private thoughts that are at odds with what they are being told to think. But nobody should think that as a private individual they are going to put one over the state media apparatus - they're there to tell you what the truth is, not the other way around.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:10 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3398629/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-portugal-police/

MADDIE COPS STUMPED Madeleine McCann mystery may NEVER be solved, admit Portuguese cops who blast case as a ‘thorn in their side’
Top cop Pedro do Carmo of the Policia Judiciaria admitted the more time passes the harder the case gets for them to crack

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

I was going to watch it this evening at some point.

But, I probably won't.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Replying to @WriteLyn

Well I don't always agree with TB but on this occasion I'd say he's been proved spectacularly right - in the sense that something can't go more badly than descending into a lawsuit.

You don't have to bury your head in the sand. It's only the mainstream media I'm referring to. They're lost, gone. Talk to your friends and family, social media contacts, discuss the subject with colleagues if it ever comes up in conversation - and it will right now. I find many people find the subject difficult to discuss as they have private thoughts that are at odds with what they are being told to think. But nobody should think that as a private individual they are going to put one over the state media apparatus - they're there to tell you what the truth is, not the other way around.

Talk to friends and family, well maybe but that won't get the word out to the masses will it? Whatever subject you are discussing....,

Pat Brown is getting her side out now though, there are some media outlets that do listen, such as  9 news.com which has printed her version  and it is being circulated around the world....

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:20 am

candyfloss wrote:

Talk to friends and family, well maybe but that won't get the word out to the masses will it? Whatever subject you are discussing....

Charles Mackay wrote:Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Apr 2017, 10:21 am

I'll try again, fast forwarding the bits with the McCanns.

I really do want to know how Pat Brown and Colin Sutton have been presented.

P.S. I've seen some of it.

Mention was made of other reported earlier assaults where a man or men had broken into apartments and got into bed with children. As far as I remember, the source of that information was one of Antonella Lazzeri's finest works of fiction!

I've seen enough I think to be able to describe the programme as a disgrace.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:06 am

Colin Sutton‏ @colinsutton 2h2 hours ago
For absolute clarity. I do not know what happened to Madeleine. I think all -ALL- possibilities should be looked at. @DailyMailUK @FoxNews

Colin Sutton Retweeted
Mark Saunokonoko‏ @saunokonoko 7h7 hours ago
Seven threatened with lawsuit over McCann doco amid claims of set up and 'appalling' hatchet job #McCann
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

candyfloss wrote:

Talk to friends and family, well maybe but that won't get the word out to the masses will it? Whatever subject you are discussing....,

Pat Brown is getting her side out now though, there are some media outlets that do listen, such as  9 news.com which has printed her version  and it is being circulated around the world....

I think you underestimate the power of the talking to friends and family.

Dictators can only control public opinion if they can control the gossip in each street. That is why the East German secret police had someone in each block of flats who would report back on "dangerous" talk, and why the school children were asked which radio station their parents listened to. They wanted to control the flow of information into the country, and the flow of information between people, only by doing that was the dictatorship "safe".

Talking to friends and family is very powerful, as they also talk, and the people they talk to talk.

I don't know whether you ever read the 101 dalmatians, with its idea that dogs barking can reach the whole country, each dog repeating the message to the next dog?

With people, that can really happen.

Sadly, the system is also really good at spreading rubbish, but hopefully, most people can sift out the wheat from the chaff.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:21 am

Rape alarms are cheap, and a sensible precaution when young women have to walk home through crowds of drunken men.

The OC was spread out over a large area, so nannies could be walking home a mile or more late at night, sounds a sensible precaution to me, even in a relatively safe area.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Any contact with the MSM in this case had been toxic im afraid....trying to put your view out there is a waste of time in any way other than a live broadcast ....so given people think it is ok on here.....who wants to approach the media with their story?? Any takers?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:26 am

Just to clarify what Mum has said - I did originally have a sentence in my previous post about rape alarms; I couldn't remember the nanny saying it. I then found out that she did say it so I removed that sentence.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:45 am

mumof6 wrote:Rape alarms are cheap, and a sensible precaution when young women have to walk home through crowds of drunken men.

The OC was spread out over a large area, so nannies could be walking home a mile or more late at night, sounds a sensible precaution to me, even in a relatively safe area.

Ironically, the only sex offender known to have been in the area was a former Liberal MP.

The rape alarm thing doesn't ring true to me. PdL is no more dangerous than any other place, certainly no more so than your average British town or village.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:48 am

It's all them lawless villagers coming in from far and wide for a night of rape and pillage
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:54 am

It's those smelly foreigners again.

More nonsense to perpetuate the necessary image that PDL was running alive with criminals.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

unreorganised wrote:
mumof6 wrote:Rape alarms are cheap, and a sensible precaution when young women have to walk home through crowds of drunken men.

Ironically, the only sex offender known to have been in the area was a former Liberal MP.

The rape alarm thing doesn't ring true to me. PdL is no more dangerous than any other place, certainly no more so than your average British town or village.

Probably less so.

It could be a blatant untruth. It could be that all MW nannies got given them, whatever resort.

Or it could be that the resort manager was worried about staff going home by themselves, or at least thought that he should be, and decided a personal alarm would be cheaper than paying for taxis.

Female staff being out late at night is the sort of topic raised, as a safety concern, when people are unhappy about hours worked or late finishes.

I was just making the point that the assumption that Luz was dangerous because the staff got personal alarms was not really warranted, there are reasons why people might think it sensible to carry them in Luz even if they were not used in other resorts.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

Who would think that this lovely, child friendly resort would have rapists, burglars, child snatchers, paedophiles all running amok.  affraid Rolling Eyes

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm

Cristobell Author‏ @RosalindaHu · 54m

CRISTOBELL UNBOUND
SUNDAY NIGHT 'GONE' DOCUMENTARY
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 2h2 hours

A very accurate article from the UK in @TheSun on the #SundayNight travesty, my lawsuit and @RahniSadler. #mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next