MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 22 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:05 pm

This could be a rerun of a story from a few years ago.

It sounds very familiar - not just because all tabloid McCann stories are bonkers - but because of the yarn about a child nearly abducted years ago (and apparently not reported at the time) which I'm sure I've read before.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 22 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  candyfloss Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:44 pm

N.M
‏@AdirenM
As I suspected, no formal complaint about an attempted sexual attack in Albufeira hotel was ever presented to police auth. in 1994.
#McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:47 pm

What was a 3 year old, normal size from pictures, doing in a cot?
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:00 am

Fie on you Hope for not believing every word of this story!

Here it is almost word for word in The Mail but with an added photo of Nicole while on the actual holiday. Needless to say she looks nothing like Madeleine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3656264/Woman-reveals-mother-saved-abducted-cot-intruder-13-years-McCann-case.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:05 am

Freedom wrote:This could be a rerun of a story from a few years ago.

It sounds very familiar - not just because all tabloid McCann stories are bonkers - but because of the yarn about a child nearly abducted years ago (and apparently not reported at the time) which I'm sure I've read before.  

It sounds familiar to me too but it could be because the McCanns have been recycling the same two or three burglar/intruder/sighting stories, with a few tweaks here and there, for almost a decade.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Jun 2016, 1:14 pm

It's in the public domain so I'll put a link here to Nicole Shuttleworth's Facebook page. Unusually anyone can comment there, you normally have to be a friend of the person.

She has posted both the Sun and Mail stories and there are comments on the former.

https://www.facebook.com/nshuttleworth1?fref=ts
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 5:38 pm

"Because i only contacted someone last month, as we were told not to contact anyone from Scotland Yard as it could have jeopardised any case or investigations they had xx"

That's a comment she left in response to a question about why the story is only coming out now.
Does this mean she got the Go Ahead from SY to run with her story? Does this mean SY are not worried about her claim jeopardising the investigation anymore? Or would it be the usual case, that something is brewing in Portugal.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:10 pm

Always a dark man in these hotel rooms!

It reads like whoever she told last month told her not to contact SY, appalling use of construction of sentences.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:30 pm

Hope wrote:Always a dark man in these hotel rooms!

It reads like whoever she told last month told her not to contact SY, appalling use of construction of sentences.

Yea it reads that way but I don't think that's what she meant. A couple of commas wouldn't have gone amiss. I won't critise too harshly, my grammar can be atrocious Embarassed Very Happy
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 24 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm

I can't access the comments off her FB page. Not sure if it's because on phone or a non-member.

Either or she is full of crap (imo).

And she would of got paid nicely for her story (again, imo)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:03 pm

She's denying she got paid anything. She said she Was given a timeframe of when she could contact or be contacted by the media. Said her father contacted the police when Madeleine went missing and they were contacted by the police 6 years later Shocked The more of her messages I read the more crazy it seems.
I'm not saying it didn't happen but I get the feeling they were prompted to publish it at this time.
There is some girl called Lorraine asking her some fairly good questions and being very nice to her, to be fair but making no headway.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:08 pm

Thanks for the update, ddl.

Where she said she didn't get paid......

Nope. Don't believe it.

Is she milking it on FB then......
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:14 pm

Andrew wrote:Thanks for the update, ddl.

Where she said she didn't get paid......

Nope. Don't believe it.

Is she milking it on FB then......

ddl??

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:16 pm

I took three screen shots of her conversation with Lorraine but I don't know how to put them in here from my iPad.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:21 pm

Ooops.... apologies. Saw the picture of the lovely dog and thought it was a ddl post.

Getting confused in my old age.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:30 pm

Sorry about that, it is confusing, I only had that pic up to show DDL my dog and I forgot to take it down. I think I have it sorted now. Very Happy
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 22 Empty Re:The Sun 22/06/16. 'It could have been me'

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Ooops.... apologies. Saw the picture of the lovely dog and thought it was a ddl post.

Getting confused in my old age.

I don't think it is your age Andrew. The avatars are so similar I have done the same while reading. Both dogs look so lovely.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:34 pm

I copied and pasted the conversation she had with Lorraine on FB. If this isn't allowed please delete it for me Embarassed

Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden Why they printing this now?
Like · Reply · 2 · 22 June at 23:30
Hide 17 Replies
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth Because i only contacted someone last month, as we were told not to contact anyone from Scotland Yard as it could have jeopardised any case or investigations they had xx
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 07:11
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden I'm sorry but this all stinks to high heaven I'm not saying it didn't happen but to link it to Madeleine McCann who btw wasn't abducted no evidence of that but cadaver alerts and Madeleine's blood found in McCann's apartment
13,years ago this happened to you? Yet your story comes out now when msm are ramming abduction bullshit down everyone's throats
I don't how much you got for your story but in future do some research before being used by mainstream media

From the police files on Madeleine's parents
Lorraine Holden's photo.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:08
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden And considering the investigation is still on going why would it not jeopardise it now?
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:10
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth I wasnt paid and i contacted someone last month off my own back.
I dont follow MSN so i would t know what they were saying!
And we were given a time frame of when we could either contact or be contacted by the media, the time was up so i thought id contact someone and let everyone know what happened and is more than likely still happening in Portugal xx
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 08:13
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden I'd concentrate more on what's happening here hun Portugal actually investigated high profile paedophiles judges,police and mps and got them imprisoned unlike this country that covers it up don't believe all you read most of its Bs media.
I'm sorry for what happened to you but unfortunately that's not what happened to poor Madeleine and many are fighting for justice.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:23
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth I dont read the news often enough tbh to even know whats going on in the UK.
But i have done alot of research since the Scotland yard police officer came, into child disappearances in Portugal!
I count my lucky stars everyday that my mum woke up, and still have the nightmares now. But everything happens for a reason.

And im not disputing the parents may or may not have had anything to do with Maddie, but the kidnappings go on and other stories similar to mine have been published in the past few years from local resorts too xx
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 08:29
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden It definitely goes on hun all over the world and I to am glad your parents woke someone was watching over you xx
Can I ask who contacted you about this in the first place and when? You say there was a time frame that's strange did they say why?
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:33
Rebekah-jaye Holland
Rebekah-jaye Holland Were any police contacted at the time, or at the time Maddie vanished, Nicole? xxx
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:36
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth My dad rung the police when Maddie was snatched, we were asked not to contact the media as it was very high profile.
We were then met by an officer from Scotland Yard 6 years later.
So i waited until our time was over and then i waited until the media had almost dropped it about Maddie, little did i know as i contacted the media, Maddie had come back into the papers!

I didnt do it for money as there is none, i did it to warn people how easy it is for kids to be taken, if my mum had not woke up. I hate to think what could have happened!
Oh and i didnt contact The Sun either xx
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 08:41
Rebekah-jaye Holland
Rebekah-jaye Holland TY for that Nicole xxx
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 08:44
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden Did your mum report it in Portugal at the time?
Madeleine's not been out the papers in 9 years and unfortunately they're not printing facts the police files are on line the Bs their printing is disgusting but we soldier on trying to get the truth out hopefully one day that little girl will get justice
Ty for answering my questions I appreciate it hun xx
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 08:47
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden Just want to give you some advice sweetie secure your account take it off public for a while some ppl ain't as polite as I've been hun and the Madeleine case has attracted a few nutters so be careful it's a very emotive subject hun
Ty for answering my questions you take care xxx
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 09:35
Nicole Shuttleworth
Nicole Shuttleworth Im fine with it, iv had my fair share of nutters already lol!
But thanks for the heads up xx
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 09:41
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden Your welcome hun x
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 09:42
Talulah Toodles
Talulah Toodles Who are you Lorraine? The Police? No? You're an anti Madeleine McCann troll who gets her jollies abusing the McCanns.
Like · Reply · 21 hrs
Lorraine Holden
Lorraine Holden Excuse me I've been very polite Talulah Toodles you come on aggressive and I'm the troll oh the irony lol
Like · Reply · 10 hrs
Talulah Toodles
Talulah Toodles Polite? You are practically accusing Nicole of not being truthful. Why is it any business of yours?
Like · Reply · 9 hrs

Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:43 pm

She was given a time frame not to contact the media by SY and that was up last month.

Putting all doubts over this 'kidnapping attempt' could some injunctions have been lifted and/or the money is not there to re apply.
Something is blowing in the wind but in which direction?
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 22 Empty Re:The Sun 22/06/16. 'It could have been me'

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

Thanks for that Bloodhound, this does seem a bit odd though a bit difficult to believe.Maybe it's just me.

Really liked your other avatar.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:49 pm

I'm more inclined to think something might be happening in Portugal, every time something is going down over there the McCann stories take over the papers.

Is it time to hear about the appeal or will that be after the summer holidays?
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:51 pm

Thank you Costello, she was a beaut of a dog. But it was confusing having two members with basset hounds as an avatar Very Happy
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 9:59 pm

Bloodhound wrote:I'm more inclined to think something might be happening in Portugal, every time something is going down over there the McCann stories take over the papers.

Is it time to hear about the appeal or will that be after the summer holidays?

From what I have read Bloodhound the appeal acceptance verdict isn't 'supposedly' due until Sept/Oct. Like you I think something is about to break and soon by the looks of it.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:05 pm

Snipped from the facebook exchange above:

Nicole Shuttleworth My dad rung the police when Maddie was snatched, we were asked not to contact the media as it was very high profile.
We were then met by an officer from Scotland Yard 6 years later.
So i waited until our time was over and then i waited until the media had almost dropped it about Maddie, little did i know as i contacted the media, Maddie had come back into the papers!

Given that the incident is alleged to have happened 13 years ago, that would be 2003.

Madeleine was allegedly abducted in May 2007.

This story appeared in 2016.

Presuming Nicole means that they were met by the Scotland Yard officer 6 years after they rung the police at the time of Madeleine's reported abduction, which would appear to be the meaning from the sentence above, then the SY officer wasn't exactly quick off the mark to interview them, was he?

But even if it meant that the Yard officer met them 6 years after they thwarted their own child's potential abduction - in 2003, then six years after that would be 2009.

So still a very long time after Madeleine's alleged abduction.

In any event, the location was 45 minutes away from Luz not in the immediate vicinity.

Clutching at straws springs to mind....what a ridiculous story.

ETA: Nicole Shuttleworth I dont read the news often enough tbh to even know whats going on in the UK.
But i have done alot of research since the Scotland yard police officer came, into child disappearances in Portugal!
I count my lucky stars everyday that my mum woke up, and still have the nightmares now. But everything happens for a reason.

And im not disputing the parents may or may not have had anything to do with Maddie, but the kidnappings go on and other stories similar to mine have been published in the past few years from local resorts too xx

What other kidnappings have happened from 'local resorts' in the past few years? Where have the stories similar to this one been published?

Last edited by poster on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Fri 24 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm

Bloodhound wrote:Thank you Costello, she was a beaut of a dog.  But it was confusing having two members with basset hounds as an avatar Very Happy

She certainly looks lovely, it's a shame, do you have any other photographs of her (not similar to ddl's SM) you could have as your avatar.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next