MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

+23
Crackfox
Winslow Boy
unreorganised
AndyB
Rob Royston
Poe
TheTruthWillOut
Mo
Châtelaine
Heisenburg
Bampots
joyce1938
Tangled Web
espeland
Freedom
Helenmeg
Mimi
chrissie
PMR
dogs don't lie
froggy
poster
candyfloss
27 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard  ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case - Page 2 Empty Re: *UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  espeland Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:46 pm

So the police investigation continues which means that potentially explosive media explorations cannot be aired?

If those explorations were publicly aired and incorrectly identified an individual, that person could take legal action to correct the error. There have been many cases where media explorations have prompted the police into action - Cliff Richard for example (not the incident involving the BBC).

Assuming that an individual is involved that is important enough for the Government to continue funding Grange (and the cost of that is small relative to the Govt's total annual expenditure) then that individual must be pretty important - a living former PM or above, I can't see them doing it for a cleric or MP.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard  ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case - Page 2 Empty Re: *UPDATE MORE FUNDS GRANTED TO CONTINUE - Scotland Yard ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Tangled Web Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

What exactly does 'potentially explosive media exploration' mean?
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 1:21 pm

ITV Loose Women now doing a poll........

POLL: Should we stop funding the search for Maddie McCann?

http://www.itv.com/loosewomen/get-involved/poll-should-we-stop-funding-the-search-for-maddie-mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 22 Aug 2017, 2:27 pm

Tangled Web wrote: What exactly does 'potentially explosive media exploration' mean?

What does it sound like it means?

'media exploration' means a TV station, newspaper, magazine or journalist.

'potentially explosive', according to an online crossword solver, means ' POWDER KEG'.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 22 Aug 2017, 3:30 pm

froggy wrote:What if they never get there for steadfastly looking in the wrong direction ? Will it have been worth the time and effort?
But this appears to have been the remit from the word go. The McCanns and their friends were talking about closing borders and suchlike from the start and then we had far-flung sightings which the McCanns appeared to be remarkably disinterested in. Kate admitted on television that they didn't get excited by the sightings and her tone of voice made it quite clear that she wasn't expecting anyone to see Madeleine anytime soon.

Looking in the wrong direction appears to have been the modus operandi so far. Presumably, as others have noted, the McCanns are quite low down in the food-chain. They had some very high profile backers and supporters at the beginning so one assumes that if the can of worms gets opened there will be egg on many faces. Apologies for appalling mixed metaphor!

This has always had the hallmarks of a giant media scam, imo. I think there is an interview with GM where he actually uses the phrase 'fake news'. Preumably 'fake news' is designed to cover-up for 'unfake' news. What was going on around this time? Invasion of Iraq among other things?

I can't wait to see this unravel. Judging by comments after stories in the media the wheels fell off the TM wagon quite some time ago. I think the band of supporters must be pretty small now but it's worth looking in Kate's book to see who she thanks. I wonder how many are still on board?

Be interesting to see the feedback from the Loose Women programme.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Tue 22 Aug 2017, 4:04 pm

loose women was 86percent got back and said ,nNo to giving more money to the maddie problem .joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 22 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Freedom wrote:I think that she is suggesting that the investigation is being allowed to continue (assuming that it will be) solely to stop explosive stories in the media?

Yes that is what I am meaning and that of course includes documentaries..

The questions of course would be, what explosive stories have they got? Shocked And let me get this right, SY and the Government are throwing money at this investigation like confetti to stop this Question

Well they can`t stave it off forever can they - even another 6 months, a year, two years? Are the government going to keep doling out millions more of tax payers` money each year just to stop the truth coming out - surely not.

I tend to be more hopeful that the SY investigation is legit and it`s going on so long because it`s such a tangled web with tentacles going off in all directions world wide. I`m more and more convinced the McCanns and Maddie were just the tip of the iceberg. For all we know it could be extending to child prostitution in places like Cambodia/Philipines/Thailand/Belgium etc. I`m sure Jim Gamble knows the full extent of it and that`s how he knows for sure that the McCanns did not murder their daughter.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:14 pm

She also implies Grange is the biggest coverup in police history

[size=38]within the ranks it's considered 'one of the biggest cover ups in British history'.[/size]

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 22 Aug 2017, 6:19 pm

If that's the case , surely there's one honest police officer prepared to blow the lid off the whole thing.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 22 Aug 2017, 7:41 pm

There are four mentioned above....but they still aint telling....so are we to assume Grange is all a farce? I struggle to see how you take comfort from Sonias statement CF?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:05 pm

Unless I'm having a senior moment, I can't see that Candyfloss has said that she finds comfort in Sonia's statement.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

If such a high up person is involved, and this is a huge cover up worth millions and still going, why could a body and a scapegoat not have been found years ago? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:08 pm

Bampots wrote:There are four mentioned above....but they still aint telling....so are we to assume Grange is all a farce? I struggle to see how you take comfort from Sonias statement CF?

Strange wording Bampots, I don't take comfort at all, just take things at face value.  I just cannot see more begging for money to keep this going and then at the end of it all saying they got nowhere....... surely that would be a tad stupid, surely they would have done that a long time ago.  The supposedly best Police force in the world extending and extending an investigation all for nothing??  Sorry, but that imo is just not plausible.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:17 pm

Deleted and moved to discussion and theory thread...

This thread is about Op Grange and funding, and not theories poster.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 8:45 pm

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 · 1h1 hour ago

Biggest mystery in #McCann case is NOT what happened to the girl; but WHY the Establishment is hell bent on convincing all she was abducted.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:12 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Bampots wrote:There are four mentioned above....but they still aint telling....so are we to assume Grange is all a farce? I struggle to see how you take comfort from Sonias statement CF?

Strange wording Bampots, I don't take comfort at all, just take things at face value.  I just cannot see more begging for money to keep this going and then at the end of it all saying they got nowhere....... surely that would be a tad stupid, surely they would have done that a long time ago.  The supposedly best Police force in the world extending and extending an investigation all for nothing??  Sorry, but that imo is just not plausible.

What about Hillsborough? They covered that up for many years until the truth ultimately came out.

Saville
Janner
Dr Kelly
Iraq War
Robin Cook
Jill Dando

etc.

eta: oh, and look at the lengths the police are going to cover up the death of Mr Balkwell and how Barrymore is set for a huge payout.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm

I don't know what is a cover up as you don't either.  You do not have the evidence and only what you have read, and I have to ask, do you believe everything you read.  I agree, some of the cases are distinctly off, but nothing is proved, re Dr Kelly, Robin Cook or other cases.  You can have your opinions, as we all do, but some of the above are definitely just speculation.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:49 pm

candyfloss wrote:Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 · 1h1 hour ago  

Biggest mystery in #McCann case is NOT what happened to the girl; but WHY the Establishment is hell bent on convincing all she was abducted.

Agreed. And there have been many other cover-ups, some come to light some don't.  There is no reason to suppose that police will be any more honest than any other sector of society and of course there will always be those who seek positions of power and trust in order to abuse that position. Sadly, so many examples of this and it is often the most vulnerable members of society who are duped in this way.

Who knows what the Met are up to but their performance so far is not that impressive, imo. Public support for the Mcs is low. The chances of Madeleine being alive are remote, and a lot of public money has already been spent on this case with not one single shred of evidence to support the TM abduction theory. But also no other progress of any kind whatsoever, or so it seems to me. ETA: not obvious progress but of course who knows what is going on behind the scenes?

So what is the nature of the investigation now? Finding Madeleine alive? Surely not. Finding out what happened to Madeleine (I believe they already know) or finding out who was responsible for her death/disappearance and bringing them to justice?

If the Met roll out more bungling burglars or dead paedophiles I will despair.  

On a more positive note, surely the police will have noted the lack of public support for the Mcs and will not want to make themselves unpopular with the public?

A little anecdote to restore faith in police/army personnel (or perhaps not....). One of my daughters was travelling in India and got lost. She was on her own and saw a man in uniform and, thinking that she could trust him as he was a policeman or possibly army officer, she approached and asked for help. He lead her off down a dark alleyway and tried to molest her. Luckily she is tall and very strong. But the point was, she was shaken to the core as she had assumed that he could be someone she could trust.  Probably wrong thread for this but perhaps what I am trying to say is surely we all, and the general public, want to TRUST the Met Police?

Come on, the tax payers pick up the bill, they are supposed to work FOR us and for justice. Why cannot justice be done for Madeleine?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:19 pm

Operation Grange isn't about Madeleine.

The remit to investigate the abduction is not about Madeleine.

Colin Sutton was told not to take the case because he would be told where he could go and where he couldn't go, which is not about Madeleine.

imo Operation Grange, as Andy Redwood and Mark Rowley have said on record, is to provide and answer for Kate and Gerry, which is not about Madeleine.

Amaral said it's all a mere show off, which is not about Madeleine.

Lots of cases have been covered up (HUGE cases, like Hillsborough/Saville/Janner/Rotherham/Haute de la Garenne) or just left open to speculation and never satisfactorily resolved (Dr Kelly/Robin Cook/Princess Diana/Jill Dando/Iraq War).

If the world's finest police force can cover up cases like that, then why not Madeleine?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:28 pm

candyfloss wrote: I don't know what is a cover up as you don't either.  You do not have the evidence and only what you have read, and I have to ask, do you believe everything you read.  I agree, some of the cases are distinctly off, but nothing is proved, re Dr Kelly, Robin Cook or other cases.  You can have your opinions, as we all do, but some of the above are definitely just speculation.

Excuse me for breathing.

No, of course I don't believe everything I read. Isn't it a bit of an exaggeration to say "everything"? How am I supposed to answer that? I doubt there is one person alive who can say they believe everything they read.

But I can see there are a lot of cover ups by the police, the world's finest. Look at all the child abuse cases for instance that have been going on for decades. They drag on and on and on for many years and are still not resolved. I wonder how many millions of pounds they've cost? imo those cases aren't about the victims, they're about trying to suppress the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

purple ronnie wrote:Operation Grange isn't about Madeleine.

Oh, my mistake, thought it was

Yes, the remit was that originally, but that was when the case began being looked at, not when it then turned into a full investigation, along with the PJ

Colin Sutton was told not to take the case because he would be told where he could go and where he couldn't go, which is not about Madeleine.

Yes, well that would be correct of course when it was just a review and not a full investigation in the early days.... that is what a remit is it keeps certain parameters, it is not a full investigation, however it turned into one at a later stage.

imo Operation Grange, as Andy Redwood and Mark Rowley have said on record, is to provide and answer for Kate and Gerry, which is not about Madeleine.

Lots of cases have been covered up (HUGE cases, like Hillsborough/Saville/Janner/Rotherham/Haute de la Garenne) or just left open to speculation and never satisfactorily resolved (Dr Kelly/Robin Cook/Princess Diana/Jill Dando/Iraq War).

If the world's finest police force can cover up cases like that, then why not Madeleine?

Yes, some have been cover ups, but most of those you quote are just speculation and conspiracy theories, no fact.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

they are supposed to work FOR us and for justice

Unfortunately not true: the police work for the Crown and presumably for justice as seen by the Queen.

I hope that notice is taken of the Loose Women poll and extra funding not given to Grange: if that were to happen, Sonia would stand a good chance of making her documentary public.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:40 pm

candyfloss wrote:
purple ronnie wrote:Operation Grange isn't about Madeleine.

Oh, my mistake, thought it was

Yes, the remit was that originally, but that was when the case began being looked at, not when it then turned into a full investigation, along with the PJ

Yes, well that would be correct of course when it was just a review and not a full investigation in the early days.... that is what a remit is it keeps certain parameters, it is not a full investigation, however it turned into one at a later stage.

Yes, some have been cover ups, but most of those you quote are just speculation and conspiracy theories, no fact.

And did the remit change from investigate abduction to investigate everything?

What better way for Grange to end unresolved so that everything ends up as a conspiracy theory, like all the other cases?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 22 Aug 2017, 10:49 pm

Then why don't they just end it then?  Why on earth prolong it and keep going cap in hand for more dosh.  They would surely be a laughing stock at the end if the do come up with nothing and it ends like you say. 

The remit didn't change - a review is different from an investigation, totally different.  No investigation takes place during a review as such, things are collated and looked at and compared, t see if things were missed or what needs doing.  Things change when it becomes an investigation.  That is how it works as far as I know.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Aug 2017, 11:05 pm

So if the remit didn't change then they're still investigating an abduction, which didn't happen, which is why I say Grange isn't about Madeleine, it's about finding a way to suppress the truth (just as other high profile cases have been suppressed). imo.  Didn't those cases go on for years and have millions of pounds spent on them, and get nowhere too? How much has the Iraq War inquiry cost for instance? I don't see Tony Blair behind bars, I see him making a mint being a peace envoy even though he's a war criminal imo.

Just like I don't see Kate McCann going behind bars, I see her making a name for herself as an Ambassador for Missing People. Isn't she well in with T May?

Whilst Grange are asking for more money they don't have to answer questions because it's an "ongoing investigation". How do we know they're doing anything? How do we know they're really being funded anymore? When was the last time anyone heard from DCI Wall? imo they're playing it out until they know what the PJ are going to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next