MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

+18
poster
Antonia
candyfloss
espeland
niklasericson
dogs don't lie
Freedom
Heisenburg
chrissie
froggy
Crackfox
Poe
Bampots
Lee T G
wjk
AndyB
Mo
Mimi
22 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann  - Page 6 Empty Re: Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post  Antonia Thu 21 Mar 2019, 10:58 am

Didn't Jeremy Vine do a programme on Maddie sometime ago which was very biased and led to lots of complaints from those of us who have researched the case? I may be wrong but I recall complaints going through the official complaints procedure - if so you would think Jeremy Vine would get better panellists and show more balance?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann  - Page 6 Empty Re: Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post  unreorganised Thu 21 Mar 2019, 11:02 am

candyfloss wrote:

Is Netflix guilty of cashing in on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann by making a documentary about it, which her parents did NOT participate in? Maybe this whole "true-crime" genre is getting a bit sinister? If you've seen it, tell us what you thought. #jeremyvine

What I thought was that it is extremely boring. I've managed five so far and can't possibly see how they can string it out for another three. Also if I had wanted to listen seemingly endlessly to Robyn Swan's unedited stream of consciousness then I would have bought the ****ing book.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 21 Mar 2019, 11:04 am

If I remember rightly, Jeremy Vine was the ignorant idiot who was abusive to callers doubting the McCanns on a phone-in a few years ago and his charmless guest Nina Myskow was just as bad.

P.S. Sorry, Antonia - I didn't see your post until now.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 21 Mar 2019, 10:56 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Thu 21 Mar 2019, 11:34 pm

It's interesting that the Mcs are not 'bouyed' by this as it is so uncritical of their version of events. Are they doing a bit of a double-bluff here? They do love the double or even triple bluff. Watch Gerry and Kate's faces in early media interviews when they are asked about the famous (or should that be infamous) crying incident. They both go into over-drive cod acting mode with heads tilted, eyes screwed up, noses scrunched up - the full works - it's really hilarious the efforts they both go to to try to pretend they are totally bemused and confused by the incident.

Was it Dr Amaral or another of the Portuguese police involved in the original investigation who stated that the evidence that they found that Kate had deleted her phone history apart from one apparently wrong number - showed a high degree of duplicity? Can't remember exact words. I'll dig up the link - I always found it an interesting observation.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 22 Mar 2019, 9:41 am

Sorry but WTF!!!!

Where has this come from...…

Madeleine McCann family friend may have HEARD abductor in room on night of disappearance

A CLOSE friend of Madeleine McCann’s family may have heard her kidnapper in the room on the night of her disappearance, an author has suggested.
By Simon Green / Published 21st March 2019
Madeleine McCann was just three years old when she vanished from the Praia da Luz resort in Portugal on the evening of May 3, 2007.

Parents Kate and Gerry had been eating at a restaurant with friends 55 metres from the ground-floor apartment.

The couple took turns to check on Madeleine and her siblings throughout the night.

At 9.30pm, a member of the group – Matthew Oldfield – offered to check up on the children.

A part of Netflix’s new eight-episode documentary The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann detailed what he saw.

Author Anthony Summers – who wrote bestselling book Looking for Madeleine with wife Robbyn Swan – explained: “He entered the apartment, peered into the room but didn’t go in.

“He said he saw some light which indicated a window shutter that had been closed was now open.

“And although Maddie’s door had been closed, it was now partially open.”

AnBelieving all was okay, the physician then returned to the party at the tapas restaurant.

“But is it possible that the sound Oldfield heard and the likelihood that the shutter was open, indicate that the abductor was in that very room?" Anthony asked.

“Or did Oldfield’s check occur just after the kidnapper had left through the window and into the car park, taking Madeleine with him?”

Mr Summers also said Maddie could have been visited by her abductor the night before her disappearance

thony then claimed Matt "heard a noise, which he thought was just a noise of somebody turning over in bed".

The morning of her disappearance, she had asked Kate why she “didn’t come last night when we were crying?” which led the author to question what had caused the disturbance.

Kate, herself, spoke about the conversation she had with her daughter in her 2011 book Madeleine: Our daughter’s disappearance.

The 51-year-old wrote how she believed somebody had been in that room, or trying to get into it and that is what disturbed him.

Kate and Gerry did not appear in the Netflix documentary, after believing it could hinder the ongoing investigation.

In a statement, they said: "The production company told us that they were making the documentary and asked us to participate.

"We did not see – and still do not see – how this programme will help the search for Madeleine and, particularly given there is an active police investigation, it could potentially hinder it.

"Consequently, our views and preferences are not reflected in the programme.

"We will not be making any further statements or giving interviews regarding this programme."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/766981/Madeleine-McCann-family-friend-heard-abductor-Netflix-disappearance-video

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 22 Mar 2019, 9:42 am

As for this load of shite tripe...….. not bothering to copy it!!!

Monster mum Karen Matthews offers to HELP parents of Madeleine McCann

THE monster mum who staged her daughter’s kidnapping to claim a £50,000 reward has offered to help Madeleine McCann’s parents come to terms with their grief.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/767071/madeleine-mccann-parents-gerry-kate-karen-matthews-help

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 22 Mar 2019, 9:46 am

Ye gods - what a combination of intellect: Anthony Summers and a tabloid journalist.

What noise for goodness sake?

As for the Karen Matthews nonsense, this in a way is a good idea - to link two bogus abductions together.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Fri 22 Mar 2019, 4:09 pm

Its news to me that the Summers & Swan book was a 'bestseller.'

It was a rehash of previously published rubbish and not what I had expected from authors who had produced much better work.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 23 Mar 2019, 8:30 am

I've bumped the topic on which the book was talked about at length.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1474-madeleine-mccann-books

It's been interesting to read it again - I'd forgotten quite how bad the book was, including a chapter on the "haters" - yes, the likes of us!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Mar 2019, 9:53 am

This is like the podcasts versus Netflix. One good story from 9News.com followed by a load of MSN fluff on the Netflix programme.  Now I wonder which is winning...……

Madeleine McCann: How Gerry McCann 'became man POSSESSED' after daughter vanished

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1103886/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-gerry-mccann-possessed-spt

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Mar 2019, 10:14 am

Again there's a mention that Summers and Swan's book was a bestseller - that is very debatable!

Oh I do hope that the podcasts are winning! I'm a member of a Facebook nostalgia group and modern day topics aren't usually mentioned. However, someone said yesterday that the McCanns would have been prosecuted for leaving their children if they'd been lesser mortals.

I then posted a link to the podcasts, saying that there's a lot that the mainstream media doesn't tell us.

There are thousands of members in the group - not all active ones of course but a good few hundreds should see it.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 24 Mar 2019, 5:27 pm

Believing all was okay, the physician then returned to the party at the tapas restaurant.

“But is it possible that the sound Oldfield heard and the likelihood that the shutter was open, indicate that the abductor was in that very room?" Anthony asked.

“Or did Oldfield’s check occur just after the kidnapper had left through the window and into the car park, taking Madeleine with him?”

Mr Summers also said Maddie could have been visited by her abductor the night before her disappearance

thony then claimed Matt "heard a noise, which he thought was just a noise of somebody turning over in bed".

The morning of her disappearance, she had asked Kate why she “didn’t come last night when we were crying?” which led the author to question what had caused the disturbance.

Kate, herself, spoke about the conversation she had with her daughter in her 2011 book Madeleine: Our daughter’s disappearance.

The 51-year-old wrote how she believed somebody had been in that room, or trying to get into it and that is what disturbed him.

Kate and Gerry did not appear in the Netflix documentary, after believing it could hinder the ongoing investigation.

The Matt story gets wheeled out again. Anything to promote the abduction story it would seem - including the 'abductor' hiding in the room at the time of Matt's check. What a farcical story - and how convenient that Matt didn't look inside the room. What would the 'abductor' have done - hidden behind the door or in a cupboard?

ETA: Anyone would think Summers and Swan were on the payroll.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Mar 2019, 6:13 pm

What a load of *****. Has Matt Oldfield ever claimed he heard a noise, even one which was not checked up on because he thought it was someone turning over in bed?

As for Summers and Swan, heaven only knows what persuaded them to make complete fools of themselves with this case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:03 am

Antonia wrote:Its news to me that the Summers & Swan book was a 'bestseller.'  

It was a rehash of previously published rubbish and not what I had expected from authors who had produced much better work.

Just found five minutes to log in and agree with this - I thought that the book was something of a commercial flop?

Anyway, things learned from the documentary after seven episodes.

Paddy Kennedy is a chav thug, likely otherwise unemployable and I wouldn't be surprised if Brian Kennedy sent him on this wild goose chase to keep him out of his hair.

It was Julian Pirabenez that torched Malinka's car after he proved unwilling/unable to offer any information even in return for half a million (Euros?).

Joao Cipriano only confessed to the murder of his niece so he didn't have to admit to selling her to traffickers. He has a photo of her, that has never been seen by anybody else, alive and well in luxurious surroundings.

There is more but alas time defeats me.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:51 am

Also, this may seem like a minor point but it really bugs me to hear Peribanez talking about "Metodo Three". Surely as a native Spanish speaker it should be either Metodo Tres or, if speaking English, Method Three.

Richard D Hall is just as bad with his Twenty-Four Horas, and Rua Twenty-Fifth de Abril.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 25 Mar 2019, 11:03 pm

Well I finally made it to the end. Needn't have bothered with the last episode; nothing was added, unless one wishes to see Jim Gamble holding back the tears.

It was all a bit crap, frankly.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 26 Mar 2019, 6:48 pm

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/ray/podcasts/

I have been told that the dynamic duo Summers and Swan appeared on this show today. I haven't yet plucked up courage to listen to it myself.

I understand that they were on in the last 15 minutes or so.

Last edited by Freedom on Sat 30 Mar 2019, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Tue 26 Mar 2019, 9:50 pm

Just listened to it.  It starts at 53 min in, and lasts for 20 minutes. It is truly awful and they have reprinted their book.

Some of the highlights:

They have had a great reaction to their appearance in the Netflix films and had been told that the Irish football team were discussing the film in the locker room.  Summers and Swan live in Ireland but I really doubt that the irish team are that interested!

Their book relied on the best evidence they had and Kate's book.

they felt the Netflix films are an 'even handed' presentation

When the Mccanns are in the news  it brings out a brigade of armchair detectives and juries, which is very tough on the McCanns. Clarence Mitchell has said there are websites dedicated to harming the McCanns.

Interviewer: is there any new info in Netflix?

No but the story presented in a good way so helpful to those who don't know much about it. Referred to scene with international dog handler, confrontational exchange between a Portuguese journalist and the leading Portuguese detective, and Jim Gamble (not sure what he does in the film).

Interviewer asks about the dogs.

In the end the Uk concluded from the DNA sent to its laboratory that it wasn't blood, not Madeleine's. Dog barks taken up as evidence. A year later same dog in jersey case and barked at a skull which turned out to be a coconut shell.

Worked on thir book for 2 1/2 years and no evidence of McCann involvement

Sadly a dearth of physical evidence maybe planned abduction but to what end - child for childless couple or a darker purpose.

28 breakins within 14 months of PDL. (dont say over what period). They mentioned one case with 2 girls in apartment about 7 and 10. Intruder on bed beside younger girl. Sister screams and he vanishes. The family involved told the McCanns they were not happy with the police investigation.

Said McCanns not told on arrival at resort of the epidemic of pilfering and breakins. If they had been told they might not have done the 20 or 30 min checks....Would they even have dined out had they known!!!!!

No mention of the Fund or of the Mark S podcasts.  Interviewer was useless.

But unless you had good knowledge, this interview would perpetuate the myths of the dodgy Portuguese police and the internet trolls and the innocent McCanns
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 26 Mar 2019, 9:56 pm

Thank you for your bravery in listening to this. I now do not have to send my blood pressure soaring by doing so.

I've had quite enough this evening already with that Clarence Mitchell story!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 27 Mar 2019, 11:05 am

Antonia wrote:

Just listened to it.  It starts at 53 min in, and lasts for 20 minutes. It is truly awful and they have reprinted their book.

Just a reprise of the series then, basically.

This seems to be an attempt to relaunch the disastrous "dossier" campaign of a few years back, which surprisingly didn't rate a mention in the Netflix effort. The lack of objectivity of Summers, Swann and Gamble is off the scale.

As for the Irish football team, do me a favour. James McClean would have to learn to speak in sentences first.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 27 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

I think that the reference to the Irish football team is my favourite bit. Who passed the information on I wonder to the dynamic duo?

They could have been saying what a load of garbage it was anyway!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Wed 27 Mar 2019, 1:07 pm

The impression the terrible two conveyed in the irish radio interview was that after they appeared in the edisode(s) of the netflix programme, people came up to them in Cork where they live (presumably in supermarkets, in the street etc) commenting favourably on their role in the film and that one of these told them about the Irish teams interest and discussion in the locker room (presume they meant changing room). This doesn't appear to be hard evidence that the irish team has been watching Netflix and discussing it.

The irish team like other EU teams has been preparing for matches in the initial stages of the European Cup and frankly I don't think the Maddie case has been in the thoughts of the Irish or the English team at this important time for them! The Irish team has played 2 matches in the last week in the Cup.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 27 Mar 2019, 1:35 pm

So this wonderful piece of information is only hearsay - what a disappointment.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 30 Mar 2019, 5:17 am

Freedom wrote:So this wonderful piece of information is only hearsay - what a disappointment.
I think Batman and Robyn ( sorry Candy) said that they read in the papers that Mick McCarthy had said this about the Irish team. However I somehow doubt an international football team would be discussing tv programmes right before a match.About as credible as the rest of their biased opinions I'd say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next