MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

+18
poster
Antonia
candyfloss
espeland
niklasericson
dogs don't lie
Freedom
Heisenburg
chrissie
froggy
Crackfox
Poe
Bampots
Lee T G
wjk
AndyB
Mo
Mimi
22 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann  - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:49 am

I thought that dear old Clarrie had ceased to be the mouthpiece for the McCann nonsense ages ago?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann  - Page 4 Empty Re: Netflix documentary: The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Post  Heisenburg Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

unreorganised wrote:
chrissie wrote:Clarrie is going to be talking on This Morning at 10.50am

Yeah? I'm not going to be listening at around the same time.

Eamon Holmes nails it with a simple observation, its for entertainment, that is what Netflix do.

Mind,its a few minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Last edited by Heisenburg on Fri 15 Mar 2019, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Fri 15 Mar 2019, 10:59 am

Freedom wrote:I thought that dear old Clarrie had ceased to be the mouthpiece for the McCann nonsense ages ago?

He confirms he still is.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 15 Mar 2019, 11:23 am

chrissie wrote:
unreorganised wrote:
chrissie wrote:Clarrie is going to be talking on This Morning at 10.50am

Yeah? I'm not going to be listening at around the same time.

Only posted it for people who may want to watch.

Only joking Chrissie - I don't think I can stomach a dose of Clarence before drinking o'clock.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 15 Mar 2019, 12:29 pm

That's ok and don't blame you! You can always get it on catch up Laughing Laughing
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Fri 15 Mar 2019, 6:08 pm

Ye gods! Maybe it's my just my failing memory, but there are some astounding things in Episode 5:

The PJ only translated the first paragraphs of the UK Forensic Laboratory's report, leaving the final paragraph - which indicated the possibility of others' DNA in the sample - untranslated and the PJ wrongly saying that there was certainty that it was from Madeleine. Equally surprising to me was that Sandra Felgueiras really turned against the PJ over this. With 3 episodes to watch, can this mean Sandra has become a McCann believer?

If so of course, why is Grange seeking a further 12 months' funding?
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 15 Mar 2019, 6:26 pm

Viv‏ @anotherviv · 5h5 hours ago

Replying to @EricaCantona7 @The_Truth_II and 4 others

From what I am reading parts 1 and 2 seek to put across balanced content with arguments in favour of the #McCann s but from episode 3 we get the reality, minus the PR spin from mouths for hire

Ms Myrtle Willoughby Cruft‏ @CruftMs · 5h5 hours ago

Episode 1 of Netflix #mccann doc. watched! Not a completely biased shitshow in my view. Summers and Swann seem to speak for McCanns but many other views including Sandra Felgueiras and Goncalo Amaral. Format is quite balanced. 1 persons view followed by anothers etc. #McCann

Mr B

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 15 Mar 2019, 8:42 pm

von‏ @luudverk · 7h7 hours ago

The ending to PART 3 - thank you Eddie, I think you stole the show.
Yes, in part 3 we have "Ask the dogs" Sandra, Grime and Eddie and Keela.
This Netflix is not what you will have seen before regards the tone and unexpected comments from many. Refreshing

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 1h1 hour ago

I am half way through. The mid part is like a Bollywood film where disaster occurs just before the interval. But it will all be sorted out and the ending will exonerate the parents. It is high level manipulation and dramatic story telling. Don’t be fooled. #mccann #netflix

von‏ @luudverk · 58m58 minutes ago

Pat, what did you make of Sandra's U-turn? #mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 1:46 am

Pat Brown has now watched the whole lot - brave lady!

"My review of the Netflix documentary, “The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann.” I suffered, so you don’t have to. Yes, it is 100% a propaganda piece with zero objectivity".

https://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2019/03/review-of-netflix-madeleine-mccann.html?fbclid=IwAR1JhBa4QP5Ky7uAzQ2H1bzXtnGKNhVuSgvBLoKU7M2B-Jg21oGToH2zeZQ
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:29 am

PAT BROWN PROFILING BLOGSPOT

Friday, March 15, 2019

Review of the Netflix Madeleine McCann Documentary

It is not like I didn’t know the Netflix eight-part series about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann wasn’t likely to be highly slanted in favor of the McCanns and the abduction theory, I just didn’t think they would be quite so blatant about it.

One early clue that something was amiss was that I never got a ring from the producers of this program. I am not trying to tout myself as the profiler no one can do without, but considering I have spent years analyzing this case and have been the only profiler to write a book on the case (and had it pulled off the market by the McCanns and Carter-Ruck), I found it a bit odd that the team would not even phone me to try to pull me in, even if to libel me and screw me over like the Australian documentary on Madeleine McCann. I wondered...who were they going to bring on to analyze the evidence? As it turns out, only people who believe the dogs are wrong, the dna is meaningless, the parents’ behavior is perfectly normal, and inconsistencies are minor issues.

DescriptiGonçaloAmaral appeared to explain the evidence properly (but with not a lot of time for depth; possibly edited out), but the Amaral - his character and his explanation of the evidence against the McCanns - was savagely torn apart (not with great substance, but most viewers will not have a clue).

So, the reason I didn’t get a call was for the same reason no other expert questioning the McCanns’ innocence got a call; we weren’t needed. There was going to be no objectivity in the show, so our input would only have been problematic.

In other words, this was a propaganda piece that I find hard to believe the McCanns did not have a hand in. They may have claimed they were not interested in participating but I think that was most likely to make viewers think that the documentary was going to be unbiased. Their claim that they didn’t want to get involved while there was an ongoing police investigation as it might interfere somehow is laughable considering how many other shows they have done, how often they have gone against police advice, and the fact they hired private investigators to run around the continent in violation of a number of laws concerning interference with an ongoing investigation.

If you don’t want to poke your eyes out for more than six hours of sitting through this propaganda piece, here are some tidbits I pulled from it. I just sat through all of this so I am not going to work hard remembering names and writing in full sentences; I am just highlighting stuff I noted.

————

The Fund is not mentioned until the last episode and then only in passing. Wouldn’t you think this would be a big topic?

Neglect was totally downplayed and leaving the children alone not a thing to be concerned about.

Robert Hall says, “How is it possible for someone to know ...(insert: a long list of issues that make it unlikely Maddie could have been abducted)....I guess the only conclusion you can draw is that somebody was watching that apartment...somebody planned it.”

No, Mr. Hall, with all the reasons it seems impossible for someone to abduct Maddie, you could conclude there was no abduction and Netflix is manipulating you.

The first three episodes don’t discuss any evidence; it is just dramatic storytelling to get you to like the suspects; the McCanns, Murat, and Malinka. You hear a lot about mistreatment of all of them so you can get to really dislike and distrust the PJ (Portuguese Police).

Jim Gamble shows up and portrays himself as a saint. He talks about visiting Thailand and learning about the child sex trade. This is the whole theory Netflix is pushing without a shred of evidence.

We get to meet Justine and she is just so in love with the McCanns and can explain every one of their odd behaviors away.

Each episode works hard to have an answer in favor of the McCanns for any concern a viewer might have. They are explaining away any dissent.

We learn about Wonderland, a big pedophile ring in Europe. Psst...they might have kidnapped Madeleine.

A very dramatic bit about a sad Spanish couple who thought they saw Maddie in Marrakesh but were ignored.

Justine raves about Jim Gamble and CEOP.

Gamble and Amaral both talk about how cold and controlling Gerry was but, no worries, Jim is only lettting the audience know he understands if they find him off-putting; later, he finds it is just Gerry’s way of handling such a serious situation and he is really a great guy!

The Pact of Silence article is discussed by Felicia Cabrera and what she wrote about the McCanns at the time, but, again, no worries, all of this will be explained away a later.

We hear more about pedophilia again through a group called Casa Pía. See? Pedophiles are everywhere and, of course, they would want to kidnap Maddie and not some easier blond girl like that lookalike in Morocco or that blonde gypsy girl they found wasn’t Maddie either.

Jim Campbell claims he helped Gerry draft the letter in which he reaches out to the kidnapper saying if you made a mistake...claims he thought Gerry might indeed be guilty and that line might help him confess. Really? This wasn’t actually Gerry’s thinking? And, you thought he might be guilty? Oh, that’s right, only a temporary thought...turns out you think Gerry is a great guy, too!

Journalist Sandra Felgueiras speaks out that she found the McCann behavior strange. She later confesses to have believed the dog evidence. Then she states that she was lied to by police and she has changed her mind about the case and is embarrassed she ever questioned the McCanns’ innocence. This was the only surprise in the series for me. What happened to Sandra?

Now, we get to the Bollywood portion of the series. If you have never seen a Bollywood movie it goes like this. Happy beginning getting to know the protagonists (like a couple who falls in love). Then, something terrible happens and gets worse and worse and then....interval! Time to go out and get popcorn and a soda. Then you return to the theater and during the last half of the show all is resolved and happy ending (not all Bollywood follows this form but this is a traditional form). So Part Three and Four bring in the dog evidence, and the damning behavior of the McCanns and Felicia DOES point out how the McCanns left Maddie alone with her siblings when something happened. Cue tragic music.

No worries, again! Episode Five called “The Fightback” will begin the exoneration of the McCanns.

Lest’s make everyone feel guilty. “While you are looking at the parents, you’re not looking for the kid.” Yeah, our bad.

Brian Kennedy. “After 12 seconds I knew Gerry was a victim.” I am a profiler and after a decade I am still having trouble seeing Gerry as a victim.

Enter Clarence Mitchell to explain the McCann’s lack of emotions.

Now, they attack the disbelievers on the Internet and the crackpot conspiracy theories (they do this quickly as not to get anyone to interested in what those folks might say).

Trolls. Yes, one has to say the word trolls.

Defense attorney says the Tapas 7 keeping a big secret is preposterous.

Now, to the most important moment. They attack the dogs and say this was the only evidence the police claim to have. They say the final British DNA reports do not match anything to Madeline and that there was no blood evidence of all. There. Dog problem solved. The police have nothing.

Wait, a few more experts trash the dogs.

They mention the Smith sighting only to say it couldn’t have been Gerry because he was at the Tapas restaurant and the Smiths now say it wasn’t Gerry. The Smith sighting is only mentioned in passing once more and never is it really discussed. Odd considering that should be the Number One sighting; heck even The Sun was willing to publish that an American criminal profiler said that the Smith sighting was the key to solving the case, that Smithman was the abductor and he snatched Maddie (if you don’t know, I was libeled: I never said Smithman was an abductor). But, I guess the McCanns don’t really want to focus on Smithman (not that they ever did). I guess Netflix is coincidentally following their lead.

Let’s see. Anthony Summers says Maddie and her brother and sister might have been drugged by the abductor. Did I forget to tell you Summers and Swann are pretty much the main voices through the entire eight shows? What. A. Surprise.

Paul Rebelo says that Goncalo had zero support after he was taken off the case, not even from his Facebook fans! What a liar!

Some more people say, though they were once concerned about the McCanns, they are now convinced they are wonderful people.

Episode Seven has Kennedy saying he went to Morocco to search for Maddie and then hired Método 3. Julian is made out to be the greatest PI ever and he totally believes the McCanns are innocent. Método 3 finds a forensic artist to draw Tannerman and the artist tells us how convinced Jane was she saw the abductor.

Metodo admits they break the law and they are shady as hell. Then we get a bunch of stuff about how Amaral is beating up the mother in the Cipriano case and getting a false confession. The dude connects the two cases by saying when the police can’t find who did it, they blame the parents.

On to fake charity collectors who try to kidnap a 3-year-old girl right before Maddie vanished. You just know they are pedophiles.

Our Metodo PI says because there was such a small window of opportunity and they didn’t leave a trace, it means it was a well-organized group! Haven’t we already heard that argument? Oh, yeah, it must be so if two people say it.

Oh, yeah, now this guy gets his biggest moment in the case because he proves that a pedophile organization is at work in Portugal, so these could be the abductors of Maddie.

Episode Seven goes for some more logic from the Metodo detective. Because pedophile gangs usually go for poor kids in third world countries, they must have taken Maddie because her value was really high. Umm...like a poor, blonde three-year-old from somewhere else would be cheaper than a British 3-year-old? How would the procurer even know where you stole the child from?

Oops! Metodo 3 starts acting in concerning ways and they are dumped.

The case is now shelved and it is claimed the McCanns are cleared. They attack Goncalo and his book.

And they learn the new team from Oakley is crooked, too. So, they are stuck without any investigators. We hear more about creepy people who could have abducted Maddie.

Thank god, it is Episode 8. “Someone knows.” Yawn. Scotland Yard steps in..yay...maybe they will find the pedophile ring. And, after all, Maddie may well be alive because, you know, teenage girls who are kidnapped are found alive (shhh...don’t talk about the statistics for toddlers abducted by pedophiles).

Final result: they trashed Goncalo Amaral. They trashed the evidence. They trashed people who question the McCanns’ innocence. Mission accomplished.

Okay, that is it. Now, you can skip watching it unless you are a masochist or just have to know what Netflix and the McCanns have put together to snow the public.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown

March 15, 2019

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:32 am

BLOOD HOUND Madeleine McCann Netflix documentary shows moment sniff dog signals ‘scent of blood’ in Praia Da Luz apartment

Footage shows Eddie the sniffer spaniel searching the apartment living room and bedroom before letting out an urgent bark

By Charlie Parker

16th March 2019, 9:47 am
Updated: 16th March 2019, 10:08 am

THIS is the chilling moment a sniffer dog trained to smell blood "alerts" his handler inside the apartment where Maddie McCann went missing.

The footage, featured in the new Netflix documentary The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann, shows police spaniel Eddie signalling the detection of blood in her parents' bedroom.

Eddie and Keela, another sniffer spaniel, travelled to Portugal with their handler Martin Grime to see if they could pick up the scent of blood and corpse odour at the Praia Da Luz resort.

The highly trained hounds were brought in to collect evidence inside apartment 5a, where parents Gerry and Kate McCann were staying with their family in 2003.

Gerry and Kate are not under suspicion and the evidence, which was collected months after Maddie vanished, did not lead anywhere.

Eddie, who was taught to smell traces of human corpses, was sent in first with Martin and ran through the whole apartment.

Footage shows him scouring every corner of the pad, sniffing under the sofa in the living room before going into the adult bedroom to smell under the beds.

Eddie's behaviour changed the moment he came through the door of the apartment. He became tense and aware.

Investigative journalist Robbyn Swan

His nose then leads him to the wardrobe, at which point he turns around and barks urgently at his handler.

Investigative journalist Robbyn Swan tells the documentary makers: "Eddie's behaviour changed the moment he came through the door of the apartment.

"He became tense and aware.

"The dog handler said Eddie didn't alert in any other situation except when he scented that which he was seeking: the scent of a human cadaver."

Keela was also taken to the apartment, stopping at some of the same spots Eddie had flagged to indicate she could smell blood.

Both spaniels were later brought to a silver Renault Scenic which had been hired by the McCanns during their holiday.

When the dog indicates in the field, it will either be human decomposition or human blood.

Handler Martin Grime

They signalled human blood and corpse odour inside the boot and outside the driver's door.

Handler Martin said the dogs' sensitive noses could have been picking scents from long before the McCanns stayed at the apartment or used the car.

He says in the documentary: "When the dog indicates in the field, it will either be human decomposition or human blood.

"The human decomposition is very persistent, very pungent to the point where we've been able to locate, in blind searches, graves 40 years after the body has been removed and the body was only there for a short period of time.

"With blood, crime scene investigators have been to the house and somebody has cleaned the blood up to the point you can no longer see it.

"That doesn't mean there isn't any there to find.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8650740/url-madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-blood-praia-da-luz/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

I respect Pat's opinions so I certainly wouldn't watch this even if I had access to Netflix.

As soon as I heard that Summers and Swan were among the contributors, my heart sank and, with the added knowledge that the arch McCann troll Justine is another one, that is the final insult!

I'm surprised that Pam Gurney wasn't roped in too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:36 am

MADDIE RIDDLE Madeleine McCann documentary – Kate McCann’s refusal to answer 48 questions from police about Maddie’s disappearance

Kate and Gerry McCann, who were cleared of any wrongdoing, refused to take part in the controversial doc

By Hana Carter

15th March 2019, 9:00 pm
Updated: 15th March 2019, 11:01 pm

KATE McCann refused to answer 48 questions about the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine during a police interview in 2007.

The transcript was released to the public the following year and helped to fuel the cruel conspiracy theories against the devastated parents.

The abduction line of inquiry wasn’t prioritised by Portuguese cops - who instead devoted their time to trying to pin the blame on Gerry and KateCops in the UK and Portugal have repeatedly said the McCanns are no longer suspects in the case.

The list of unanswered questions have resurfaced in the wake of Netflix's new documentary: The Disappearance of Madeline McCann.

One of the questions left unanswered was: "Assuming Madeleine was abducted, why did you leave the twins to go to the ‘Tapas’ and raise the alarm?

"The supposed abductor could still be in the apartment."

She was also asked what she meant when she allegedly said: "we let her down".

The devastated mum-of-three was quizzed on blood found behind the sofa, tampered locks on the window and blood in the boot.

During the police interview, she answered just one question and invoked her right to remain silent in protest at being treated as a suspect.

She later said that she refused to co-operate because she thought it was distracting them from the work they should have been doing to find her daughter.

WE LET HER DOWN

Gerry and Kate have slammed the eight-part doc and refused to take part in it despite being asked on numerous occasions.

The group of friends that the McCanns had enjoyed tapas and wine with that night allegedly refused to give interviews for the explosive new documentary.

The doc, that claims Maddie is still alive, is available to be streamed on Netflix today.

It was first commissioned by Netflix in 2017 and examines the case of the missing three-year-old as well as interviews key figures and investigators.

HUMAN BLOOD DISCOVERED

The streaming site had been hoping it would be ready to screen in 2018 but the project reportedly took longer than expected.

In 2018 The Sun reported that the McCanns have declined to be involved because the Metropolitan Police's investigation is still active.

Netflix are hoping the documentary will be a massive hit like its other successful true crime dramas including Making A Murderer and Abducted in Plain Sight.

The 48 questions Kate McCann refused to answer

1. On May 3, 2007, around 22:00, when you entered the apartment, what did you see? What did you do? Where did you look? What did you touch?

2. Did you search inside the master bedroom wardrobe?

3. (Shown two photographs of her bedroom wardrobe) Can you describe its contents?

4. Why was the curtain by the sofa near the side window tampered with? Did someone go behind the sofa?

5. How long did your search of the apartment take after you detected Madeleine’s disappearance?

6. Why did you say Madeleine had been abducted?

7. Assuming Madeleine was abducted, why did you leave the twins to go to the ‘Tapas’ and raise the alarm? The supposed abductor

could still be in the apartment.

8. Why didn’t you ask the twins then what happened to their sister or why didn’t you ask them later on?

9. When you raised the alarm at the ‘Tapas’ what exactly did you say – what were your exact words?

10. What happened after you raised the alarm there?

11. Why did you go and warn your friends instead of shouting from the verandah?

12. Who contacted the authorities?

13. Who took place in the searches?

14. Did anyone outside the group learn of her disappearance in those following minutes?

15. Did any neighbour offer you help?

16. What does “we let her down” mean?

17. Did Jane Tanner tell you that night she’d seen a man with a child?

18. How were the authorities contacted and which police force was alerted?

19. During the searches, with the police there, where did you search for Maddie, how and in what way?

20. Why did the twins not wake up during that search or when they were taken upstairs?

21. Who did you phone after the occurrence?

22. Did you call Sky News?

23. Did you know the danger of calling the media, because it could influence the abductor?

24. Did you ask for a priest?

25. By what means did you divulge Madeleine’s features, by photographs or by any other means?

26. Is it true that during the searches you remained seated on Maddie’s bed without moving?

27 What was your behaviour that night?

28. Did you manage to sleep?

29. Before travelling to Portugal, did you make any comment about a foreboding or a bad feeling?

30. What was Madeleine’s behaviour like?

31. Did Maddie suffer from any illness or take any medication?

32. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister?

33. What was Madeleine’s relationship like with her brother and sister, friends and school mates?

34. As for your professional life, in how many and which hospitals have you worked?

35. What is your medical speciality?

36. Have you ever done shift work in any emergency services or other services?

37. Did you work every day?

38. At a certain point you stopped working. Why?

39. Are the twins difficult to get to sleep? Are they restless and does that cause you uneasiness?

40. Is it true sometimes you despaired at your children’s behaviour and it left you feeling very uneasy?

41. Is it true that in England you even considered handing over Madeleine’s custody to a relative?

42. In England, did you medicate your children? What type of medication?

43. In the case files, you were shown canine forensic testing films. After watching them, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

44. When the sniffer dog also marked human blood behind the sofa, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

45. When the sniffer dog marked the scent of corpse coming from the vehicle you hired a month after the disappearance, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

46. When human blood was marked in the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

47. When confronted with the results of Maddie’s DNA, carried out in a British lab, collected from behind the sofa and the boot of the vehicle, did you say you couldn’t explain any more than you already had?

48. Did you have any responsibility or intervention in your daughter’s disappearance

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8648482/madeleine-mccann-netflix-documentary-parents-unanswered-questions/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:39 am

So what is this all about then. How does it feature and has it been misunderstood taken out of context..... anyone seen it. It seems to be very strange that Sandra F would suddenly do a U turn like this and so late on.

Caroline Smith #MMJC‏ @Tassie666 · 2m2 minutes ago

#McCann
Well Netflix I knew it would be more McCann propaganda and it was. I was shocked with Sandra's back flip. She now believes the McCanns are innocent and dogs and DNA were rubbish. WTF.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:44 am

This is what Pat Brown said about Sandra. What a shock that she (Sandra) now believes this nonsense.

Journalist Sandra Felgueiras speaks out that she found the McCann behavior strange. She later confesses to have believed the dog evidence. Then she states that she was lied to by police and she has changed her mind about the case and is embarrassed she ever questioned the McCanns’ innocence. This was the only surprise in the series for me. What happened to Sandra?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:00 am

Lied to by the police..... what about the dogs Sandra? The video footage is there to see. Puzzling indeed.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:28 am

Freedom wrote:I respect Pat's opinions so I certainly wouldn't watch this even if I had access to Netflix.

As soon as I heard that Summers and Swan were among the contributors, my heart sank and, with the added knowledge that the arch McCann troll Justine is another one, that is the final insult!

I'm surprised that Pam Gurney wasn't roped in too.

I saw Anthony Summers in the trailer, briefly mistook him for Jonathan Miller, and got quite excited.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Sat 16 Mar 2019, 12:59 pm

Don't worry, Unre.
I mistook Robbyn Swann for Amanda Knox.
Although both liable to help you throw your ring up it was an error as bad as Sandra's.*

* Ask the DOGGER BANK Sandra. All those Gucci, Prada and Mulberries you couldn't afford, suddenly, now you can.
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:22 pm

TB is still putting his case forward (trying to convince us all) that Madeleine died on the Sunday or at least disappeared on Sunday...

Anthony Bennett‏ @zampos · 58m58 minutes ago  

The PJ's idea that Maddie #McCann died from a fatal accident after 6pm Thursday falls apart when you ask questions like: Were the twins present? Did all the Tapas7 agree to lie about it & why? Who hid the body, where & when? How could they all calmly sit down for dinner at 8.45pm

My reply

The PJ's idea that Maddie #McCann died from a fatal accident after 6pm Thursday falls apart when you ask questions like: Were the twins present?   Were they there on the night you are talking about? Did all the Tapas7 agree to lie about it & why? Did they on the night you were talking about and in that case for much longer to keep up the pretence she was still around. Who hid the body, where & when? Again same applies for the Sunday. How could they all calmly sit down for dinner at 8.45pm.  They calmly sat down every night, so if she disappeared Sunday then they would have had to do it for much longer until the alarm was raised on Thursday.

I fail to see the argument TB makes to be convincing at all, in fact it falls at every hurdle. I cannot see the reasoning I'm afraid.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 16 Mar 2019, 7:43 pm

OK, I've watched the first one now. Not as bad as feared. Some quick things while they're fresh in my head -

Somewhat dubious nature of Praia da Luz development and residents articulated for the first time by anybody other than me.

Farcical tale of Maddie jumping into the sea to rescue Berry's daughter's straw hat.

Jayne Jensen claim that Jez Wilkins informed her (the implication being on the night of May 3rd) of the disappearance. Not quite sue how this is possible given the apparent circumstances, statements etc.

Sandra Felgueiras is a total flake.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 8:08 pm

This is an extract from Bridget O'Donnell's article from The Guardian which is memorable for all the wrong reasons.

How Jes was able to able to inform anyone about the disappearance on the night of 3rd May I don't know.

"At 1 am there was a frantic banging on our door. Jes got up to answer. I stayed listening in the dark. I knew it was bad; it could only be bad. I heard male mumbling, then Jes's voice. "You're joking?" he said. It wasn't the words, it was the tone that made me flinch. He came back in to the room. "Gerry's daughter's been abducted," he said. "She ..." I jumped up and went to check our children. They were there. We sat down. We got up again. Weirdly, I did the washing-up. We wondered what to do. Jes had asked if they needed help searching and was told there was nothing he could do; she had been missing for three hours. Jes felt he should go anyway, but I wanted him to stay with us. I was a coward, afraid to be alone with the children - and afraid to be alone with my thoughts".

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:51 pm

The sea jumping incident is mentioned in this article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/madeline-mccann-disappearance-netflix-documentary-photograph-a8824541.html

Frankly, I find this literally unbelievable.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:02 pm

It doesn't sound very likely I must admit! Has it ever been mentioned anywhere before that Madeleine was friendly with Neil Berry's daughter?

The photo supposedly of Madeleine on that link is a little clearer but it's still ridiculous as you can only see the back of her.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:08 pm

Freedom wrote:It doesn't sound very likely I must admit! Has it ever been mentioned anywhere before that Madeleine was friendly with Neil Berry's daughter?

The photo supposedly of Madeleine on that link is a little clearer but it's still ridiculous as you can only see the back of her.

I wasn't impressed with Berry; he seems to have that vaguely implausible quality that affects a lot of people connected with the McCanns. He seemed unconcerned that a three year old had apparently found her way into the open ocean though, so he's probably just your common or garden tosser.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:15 am

Apart from the probably fictional story of Madeleine playing with a boy called Louis the day before she disappeared, there haven't been any anecdotes of children she supposedly interacted with.

You'd think that Kate would have mentioned that one in her novel and now the newly popped up yarn of Madeleine's dip in the sea.

If it happened, she must have heard about it as presumably she would have been called and asked to bring dry clothes.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next