MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Madeleine podcasts from 9 News Australia

+13
unreorganised
HKP
Antonia
poster
candyfloss
Heisenburg
Guinea Pig
Dee Coy
Veracity
chirpyinsect
niklasericson
Freedom
Tangled Web
17 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Madeleine podcasts from 9 News Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: The Madeleine podcasts from 9 News Australia

Post  candyfloss Mon 11 Mar 2019, 6:10 pm

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 26m26 minutes ago

@TheSun Please retract the libelous claim your so-called journalist Nicola Stow made that I stated Smithman was an abductor and snatched Maddie. For years I have said there is no evidence to support that there was an abduction. #mccann

this is the story she is referring to...……..

KEY TO FINDING MADDIE Madeleine McCann abductor walked right past Irish family carrying the missing girl minutes after snatching her, US expert says

Criminal profiler Pat Brown believes the mystery man seen with a little girl in his arms is the key to solving the case

By Nicola Stow

11th March 2019, 10:37 am
Updated

A FAMILY of Irish holidaymakers in Portugal probably walked right past a man carrying the Madeline McCann moments after he snatched her, a US expert claims.

Criminal profiler Pat Brown believes the mystery man seen with a small motionless girl in his arms is the key to solving the case.

The dark-haired man was spotted by the Smith family, from Ireland, at around 10pm on May 3, 2007 - the night Madeleine disappeared from an apartment in Praia da Luz, Algarve.

Speaking on an episode of Maddie, a Nine.com.au podcast investigation exploring the case, Brown said: "This is the number one issue about the whole case and I've stuck by this for years and I stand by it today."

GIRL IN PINK PYJAMAS

The Smiths saw a man carrying a girl down a dark street about 150 metres from the beach.

On the same night, Jane Tanner, a friend of Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry, also saw a dark-haired man wearing a brown jacket, dark shoes and tan trousers carrying a child in pink and white pyjamas.

Jane's sighting happened 45 minutes before the Smiths'. She claimed she saw the man carrying a girl away from the direction of Madeleine’s bedroom at the Ocean Club Resort.

What makes the Smith sighting very interesting is that Jane Tanner is a friend, and the Smith sighting is a bunch of people that have no clue who the McCanns are. These are not their friends

Pat Brown

In the podcast episode, both sightings are broken down in detail.

Brown said: "What makes the Smith sighting very interesting is that Jane Tanner is a friend, and the Smith sighting is a bunch of people that have no clue who the McCanns are. These are not their friends.

“I believe the Smith sighting occurred. I believe they saw a man carrying a little girl down that road, which is towards the beach.”

Jane was one of the so-called Tapas Seven — the friends and family members dining with the McCanns at the time Madeleine disappeared.

She was on her way to check on her kids at 9.15pm when she saw the man near Kate and Gerry’s apartment.

Gerry was nearby with pal Jeremy Wilkins having just looked in on Madeleine and her younger twin siblings Sean and Amelie.

Kate then discovered their eldest child was missing when she went to check again at 10pm.

Jane later defied police orders to not comment publicly on what she saw.

She said: “I think it’s important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted.’’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8608479/madeleine-mccann-abductor-walked-right-past-irish-family-carrying/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Madeleine podcasts from 9 News Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: The Madeleine podcasts from 9 News Australia

Post  Tangled Web Mon 11 Mar 2019, 10:23 pm

[quote="unreorganised"]
candyfloss wrote:

It seems @Saunokonoko's been deceived into thinking the alleged sighting by #MartinSmith & family was genuine. I hope he won't avoid the evidence the 'Last Photo' was taken Sunday, nor @hideho3's evidence there were no credible independent sightings of Maddie #McCann after Sunday

Funny that should come up. I actually visited over there the other day and read the last photo thread. The videos that recently surfaced via Textusa came as close as we have seen to revealing the state of the flowering bushes on the claimed date the last photo was taken. Frustratingly they don't quite show the exact spot but if I had to draw a conclusion either way based upon them I would be compelled to come down on the side of the flowers NOT being in bloom - proving the last photo to be some kind of composite. Niklas did try raising the question, with predictable results....
[/quot

The purple ones would be in 'flower' as they are the very hardy ones and have colour most of the year, the red ones featured in the pool photograph are cultivated varieties and require the drought and heat to be in full colour.
Do you have a link of the video you are mentioning please?
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 12 Mar 2019, 8:20 am

Failed crime scene reconstruction could have answered key Maddie questions, former detective claims

By Mark Saunokonoko 11.39 am March 12 2019

An aborted police reconstruction of the night Madeleine McCann vanished could have helped answer some big questions about the case's most contentious issues, a former top UK homicide detective has claimed.

Retired London Metropolitan Police detective Colin Sutton said the apparent complicated nature of the May 3 timelines given to police by Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends, known as the Tapas 7, could potentially have been clarified and ironed out by running the group through a rigorous reconstruction of key movements and events.
An aborted police reconstruction of the night Madeleine McCann vanished could have helped answer some big questions about the case's most contentious issues, a former top UK homicide detective has claimed.

Retired London Metropolitan Police detective Colin Sutton said the apparent complicated nature of the May 3 timelines given to police by Kate and Gerry McCann and their friends, known as the Tapas 7, could potentially have been clarified and ironed out by running the group through a rigorous reconstruction of key movements and events.

The Portuguese police say they did try to stage a reconstruction involving the McCanns and the Tapas 7, but negotiations allegedly stalled because of disagreements over how it would be managed by investigators.

Portuguese police were said to be frustrated the reconstruction did not happen. In August 2008, the Portuguese investigation was shelved. Madeleine, aged three at the time, remains missing. The failed reconstruction is covered in episode three of Maddie, a podcast investigation by Nine.com.au which has quickly risen to number one in the UK, Australia and New Zealand iTunes charts.

The accounts and timings and various statements that were taken immediately after Madeleine was reported missing, and the state," Sutton, who solved more than 30 murders - including the catching of violent English serial killer Levi Bellfield ments that have subsequently been taken, there is a degree of variation between what individuals say and also what the whole group says," - said in Maddie.

"I think this is the sort of [police] work that really needs to be done and should have been done.

"If [a reconstruction] were done then we would have a much clearer, more solid picture of the timeline of what went on.

"It would be easier to make a judgement about when an abduction could have taken place, and possibly even how it could have taken place."

Sutton said there are always inconsistencies when police interview a group of people about a single event.

In email communication between members of the Tapas 7 and the Portuguese police, concerns were raised from the group over the arguidos (formal suspect) status of the McCanns. The reconstruction had been planned for May 2008, six months after the McCanns had been declared arguidos.

Arguidos status was eventually lifted from the McCanns when the case was shelved, in August 2008. Since 2007, the McCanns have strenuously denied any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter. Nine.com.au does not suggest any involvement on their part.

Other points of contention which bothered some of the Tapas 7 were the potential media frenzy arising from the group flying back into Portugal, and questions over the purpose of the crime scene re-enactment. One member of the group proposed the police use actors instead, a request Portuguese detectives point-blank refused.

Madeleine was reported missing on May 3, 2007 after Mr and Mrs McCann dined at a nearby tapas bar while their children slept alone in their holiday apartment.

The McCanns and their friends told police they operated a checking system, where someone would leave the table and make sure the young children were safe and sleeping.

Sutton said the checking system and movements the group made on the night of May 3 was complex.

"I think actually that is probably the reason the [Portuguese police] wanted to stage a reconstruction," he said.

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/12/11/39/madeleine-mccann-reconstruction-may-3-answer-what-happened-maddie-podcast

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:23 am

Tangled Web wrote:

Hi Tangled Web, I think it was this one.

https://www.gettyimages.pt/detail/v%C3%ADdeo/exterior-shots-of-police-searching-the-grounds-of-filme-de-not%C3%ADcias/649701232
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

Freedom wrote:It might be me but I had trouble finding episode 3.

Here it is.

https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/man-with-no-face

Well I listened to it; nothing that we didn't already know, I suppose.

Just reinforces how much is in the hands of Operation Grange.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:38 am

Pat Brown on Facebook a few minutes ago.

Do I have any UK attorney FB friends who want to go after The Sun for libelling me? All of you have been following me for years on this case know I would never say Madeleine was abducted and that Smithman was a kidnapper who “snatched” Maddie. This is blatant support of the McCann story line and in complete contradiction to what I have professionally stated since the beginning.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangled Web Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:56 am

unreorganised wrote:
Tangled Web wrote:

Hi Tangled Web, I think it was this one.

https://www.gettyimages.pt/detail/v%C3%ADdeo/exterior-shots-of-police-searching-the-grounds-of-filme-de-not%C3%ADcias/649701232

Thank you for the link. Yes just a very brief glimpse of the pool area where the bougainvillea bracts are just starting to change colour followed by a longer look at the plant in the garden of 5A which is the wilder/hardier type.
Certainly not like the last pool photograph where the wall plants are much more colourful.
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:10 pm

Well said Colin Sutton having a go at the Sun,

Colin Sutton‏ @colinsutton · 6h6 hours ago

Colin Sutton Retweeted The Sun

1. I’m no hero.
2. I never ‘blasted’ anybody.
3. As I said to the decent Australian journalist from whose podcast this was culled and distorted by someone without his integrity, a reconstruction would have been a great idea if only those involved would have taken part.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 18 Mar 2019, 7:56 am

Mark Saunokonoko‏Verified account @saunokonoko · 8h8 hours ago

Episode 4 out NOW: 'Eddie and Keela'

https://www.9news.com.au/maddie #McCann #Maddie

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 18 Mar 2019, 11:12 am

These podcasts are definitely a morale booster for Monday mornings!

https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/eddie-and-keela
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:31 am

candyfloss wrote:Mark Saunokonoko‏Verified account @saunokonoko · 8h8 hours ago

Episode 4 out NOW: 'Eddie and Keela'

https://www.9news.com.au/maddie  #McCann #Maddie

Anybody listened to this? The dogs take a bit of a kicking, again.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:35 am

Not those dogs in particular if I heard it correctly; dogs' findings wouldn't be admissible in court if there were no other contributing pieces of evidence.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:38 am

Freedom wrote:Not those dogs in particular if I heard it correctly; dogs' findings wouldn't be admissible in court if there were no other contributing pieces of evidence.

The police officer interviewed describes the reactions to Kate's clothing and Cuddlecat as "bullshit".
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

Can you remind me who he was?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:43 am

Freedom wrote:Can you remind me who he was?

I would if I could. I will listen again later and get his name.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:30 am

Mick Swindells ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

Sergeant Mike Swindells, of Lancashire Police, will work with two spaniels and a terrier, plus their handlers, alongside Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue Team.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dogs-trained-sniff-out-dead-2918624

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

This man presumably. I'll have another listen. No, not that McCann in the article!

https://www.forces.net/news/feature/dogs-trained-find-bodies
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:38 am

brendan wrote:
Mick Swindells ?

Without actually checking, I think that was him.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 20 Mar 2019, 12:09 pm

It's at 33.00 in the podcast. Yes, that is what he says about personal possessions. He doubts that the scent of death would linger for so long but he raised no issues about the search inside apartment 5A and in the rental car.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Mar 2019, 7:07 am

WOW

Caroline Smith #MMJC‏ @Tassie666 · 48m48 minutes ago

EXCLUSIVE: Maddie's DNA could be present in crucial samples as world expert rips up 'failed' UK forensic tests https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/23/20/27/madeleine-mccann-dna-car-evidence-could-now-be-solved-maddie-podcast … #mccann

Good video on here....

EXCLUSIVE: Maddie's DNA could be present in crucial samples as world expert rips up 'failed' UK forensic tests
https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/23/20/27/madeleine-mccann-dna-car-evidence-could-now-be-solved-maddie-podcast

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:53 am

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 25 Mar 2019, 9:55 am

candyfloss wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: Maddie's DNA could be present in crucial samples as world expert rips up 'failed' UK forensic tests https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/23/20/27/madeleine-mccann-dna-car-evidence-could-now-be-solved-maddie-podcast …  #mccann

Butbutbut..... Robyn Swann claimed that their two DNA experts said that the evidence in the case amounted to "nothing more than a lot of hot air". Now that doesn't sound to me like the qualified opinion of a professional, but anyway that's what she said.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

Apologies for this poor joke but, with both her names, Robynn Swan sounds a bit of a bird brain anyway.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 25 Mar 2019, 4:12 pm

Very interesting information in the latest podcast about how other forensic labs were able to get more evidence from DNA samples than FSS in Birmingham did - in very well known cases like the murder of Rachel Nickell in London in 1992.

Now why am I not surprised that Operation Grange never contacted Mark S when he passed on the results of his findings.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next