MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 9 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:25 am

You can't complain at the shocking doorstepping of Brenda then try to do exactly the same to Kate McCann. Scored an own goal releasing that clip if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:30 am

PRESS RELEASE

“Neither her parents or any of the members of the group that were with her are either persons of interest or suspects” ~DCI Andy Redwood, Operation Grange  

Since the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann during a family holiday in Portugal in May 2007, the three-year-old from Leicester in England has become the most famous missing child on earth.  

Her parents, Doctors Kate and Gerry McCann - and their seven holidaying companions, the tabloid-named 'Tapas 7' – told the world’s media that Madeleine had been abducted after she, and the other young children in the party, had been left unattended in their apartments as the adults dined elsewhere at their Algarve holiday complex.  

Despite unprecedented global support to find her, Madeleine has not been found since. No one has been charged with her disappearance.  

Journalist and broadcaster Sonia Poulton, fascinated by the case from the beginning, has repeatedly questioned the ‘official version of events’. As indeed had many of her media colleagues - although none of them publicly.  

To do so, she had been told on several occasions, was ‘career suicide’.  

So it was that Poulton, and a small trusted team, independently-financed and have spent the last year filming 'The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann - A War of Information'.  

An evidence-based documentary prompted by the death of Brenda Leyland in October 2014.  

Leyland, a 63-year-old divorcee who lived just 15 minutes drive from the McCann’s Leicester home but was not known to have met the family, was an avid Internet commentator on the subject of Madeleine’s disappearance.  

Brenda Leyland was door-stepped in a special ‘McCann’ report by Sky News and this event was beamed nationally and internationally on the morning of October 2nd, 2014 where she was dubbed a ‘McCann Troll’ and her life, and that of her family, changed forever.  

But what was her crime? And why had this intelligent, passionate woman apparently felt driven to suicide in a Leicester hotel two days later?  

Poulton, having studied Brenda Leyland’s tweets, realised that far from being a ‘troll’ Leyland was someone who asked many of the same questions that she had already asked regarding Madeleine McCann.  

Brenda’s death was a turning point for Poulton and she decided it was time to speak out. She recorded a short message to YouTube expressing her sympathy with Brenda Leyland and supporting her right to free speech.  

The response to this impromptu YouTube made it clear that she was far from alone in this stance.  

She discovered tens of thousands of people, from all over the world, congregating on the Internet and questioning the story of Madeleine McCann and whether it was an extraordinary cover up involving the British Government and legal, judicial, medical and media establishments.  

The film includes expert testimony from those who have studied the case as well as encounters with the people at the very heart of the story.  

No exceptions, no exclusions. In the famed words of Kate and Gerry McCann ‘Leaving no stone unturned’.  

This documentary explores the disappearance and subsequent events of the case.  

It is a story, as Poulton discovered, that is about more than the disappearance of a child, as tragically sad as that event is.  

It is a tale of media censorship, numerous lawsuits and widespread gagging and it draws together friends in high places, social inequality, celebrity endorsement and saving reputations.  

Sensitive to Operation Grange, the ongoing police investigation, Poulton is careful only to address the known anomalies that have arisen since Madeleine’s reported disappearance - and have been in the public domain for a number of years.  

Some of these questions arising from the Portuguese Police files which were made public in 2008. Others, still, as a consequence of the actions of Kate and Gerry McCann and the people involved in the Find Madeleine campaign.  

Numerous inconsistencies that have remained unreported and unaddressed in the many media interviews that Kate and Gerry McCann grant as they increasingly make their mark in public life.  

Kate as an Ambassador for the charity Missing People and Gerry as an outspoken critic of the media and spokesman for the high profile pressure group into press freedom, Hacked Off.  

Poulton set out to separate fact from fiction and gain clarity from the tsunami of information about the most famous missing child on earth.  

‘The Untold Story of Madeleine McCann – A War of Information’ is the result of that journey.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:34 am

Look forward to watching that shortly.

Deleted, already screenshot and put on the other forum Andrew. Made out to be a threat!! Rolling Eyes
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 9 Empty Re:TRAILER- HERE IT IS ....Sonia Poulton -The untold story of Madeleine McCann

Post  costello Sun 04 Oct 2015, 9:42 am

I'm looking forward to watching it too Andrew. Well done Sonia Poulton.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:02 am

Doorstepping or was it pre Planned? Would the McCanns really be exposed to someone walking up the path with a camera crew in tow and then answer the door? Wouldn't they of all people have a security camera or peephole,perhaps we should all drop in for a coffee.Find that strange myself . Saying that I wish Sonia well and hope this is a genuine expose of the case time will tell.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:16 am

Bampots wrote:Doorstepping or was it pre Planned? Would the McCanns really be exposed to someone walking up the path with a camera crew in tow and then answer the door? Wouldn't they of all people have a security camera or peephole,perhaps we should all drop in for a coffee.Find that strange myself . Saying that I wish Sonia well and hope this is a genuine expose of the case time will tell.
Unfortunately I have a healthy dose of scepticism for this documentary, the trailer plays right into the hands of their supporters I.e. poor Kate being forced to put up with some troll at her door!
It's a bit like someone putting the 60 reasons pamphlets through neighbours doors, not a very bright idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:47 am

Anyone know who the picture is that is titled commentator at Brenda's inquest @fiorafan?

Not sure that a documentary produced for ufotv will see the light of day other than YouTube, however RD Hall did a decent job of spreading the word so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:48 am

Did the visit even happen? I would have thought that, if someone turned up on Kate's doorstep unannounced and was obviously not a sycophantic airhead like Lorraine Kelly, the story would have been splashed all over the tabloids.

"St Kate hounded by Internet troll".

I'll still give the documentary a fair chance though.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:51 am

That's a fair and reasonable question, something just doesn't sit right with that whole situation.

Seem to have lost my comment...

No it's there after all, must be having one of those mornings!!!

Last edited by Hongkong Phooey on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:53 am

I've been looking forward to what I hoped (and still hope) will be a balanced documentary summing up the troubling inconsistencies that surround the Madeleine McCann case, so I have to say I'm a little disappointed by this. A trailer's purpose is to whet the appetite and make the viewer look forward to watching the programme in question. But there's no information about when or by what channel this documentary is ever to be aired in full.
I watched the trailer via the link on this forum, but how is the wider public going to find it and have their interest in the documentary piqued? Can I expect to see this trailer on Channel 5 any time soon, for example?
I wish Sonia well, but at present her project seems no different from the numerous other videos floating about the net compiled by other interested observers of this case. I hope we hear something a little more concrete soon.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:55 am

Now if DCI Wall walked the same drive with a camera in tow,that'll be interesting.
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 10:55 am

Is that really Kate who opened the door?
And is that really location sound of Sonia asking the question, or was that voiceover added afterwards?
Just curious.
We're assuming a lot from this trailer.
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:00 am

Popcorn wrote:I've been looking forward to what I hoped (and still hope) will be a balanced documentary summing up the troubling inconsistencies that surround the Madeleine McCann case, so I have to say I'm a little disappointed by this. A trailer's purpose is to whet the appetite and make the viewer look forward to watching the programme in question. But there's no information about when or by what channel this documentary is ever to be aired in full.
I watched the trailer via the link on this forum, but how is the wider public going to find it and have their interest in the documentary piqued? Can I expect to see this trailer on Channel 5 any time soon, for example?
I wish Sonia well, but at present her project seems no different from the numerous other videos floating about the net compiled by other interested observers of this case. I hope we hear something a little more concrete soon.

Sonia has 11.8K followers Popcorn, I expect her followers will read and retweet the link so the news will get out there pretty fast.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

canada12 wrote:Is that really Kate who opened the door?
And is that really location sound of Sonia asking the question, or was that voiceover added afterwards?
Just curious.
I asked myself the same question of who was at the door, the footage is not the best quality, amateurish even.

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:12 am

canada12 wrote:Is that really Kate who opened the door?
Just curious.

There is only 1 clear-ish frame from the whole doorstepping episode. I hope the quality of filming improves.

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 9 Doorst10

I don't agree with doorstepping Kate or anyone else for that matter and don't understand the hypocrisy, but maybe it was by prior arrangement?

I shall reserve judgement until the whole documentary is aired.
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:15 am

Sonia wouldn't have said "You don't know me, I'm Sonia Poulton" if the visit was pre-arranged. That does appear to be Kate in that still image but, as we know, it's very easy to manipulate photos and videos!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:20 am

She may not have been the person who could have arranged interview. Appearances eh! Still find it strange you can drive up unload your equipment,stand and make an introduction then mosey on up to Kate's pad.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:22 am

Freedom wrote:Sonia wouldn't have said "You don't know me, I'm Sonia Poulton" if the visit was pre-arranged. That does appear to be Kate in that still image but, as we know, it's very easy to manipulate photos and videos!
It would have been more authentic if we had heard Kate speak (probably telling her to f**k off!) I don't know how anything other than it appears to be Kate can be claimed it's not clear enough IMO. Canada12 could well be right it may have been dubbed. Obviously we'll just need to wait until it's fully released although we have a member here who knows a lot more about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:23 am

What a waste of time that was, terrible quality and not professionally done in my eyes. Very suspect whether that is Kate McCann at the door. I must say it didn't even look like her house, only the front door did. It looked like SP was walking down a small lane to the house but I thought it had a very large open front garden and it was in a cul-de-sac.

I'm a very fast reader and I couldn't even read all of the wording at the beginning, I only got about two-thirds through it before it went off the screen.

Very disappointing all round, I hope the full documentary has more to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:33 am

Is it the same house?
https://youtu.be/Myv7P81h2Bs

On reviewing again it does look like it is (would be stupid of Sonia to get the wrong house and blow the credibility apart)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:38 am

Well the doorstepping of Kate was always my biggest gripe...how is it not okay to doorstep Brenda with a camera crew in tow, but it's fine to do it to Kate, especially as we know that there are two young children who live in that house...

Sorry, not impressed. Will reserve judgment til the rest of it comes out, but from that clip, it certainly doesn't seem to have the makings of a good documentary, a bit of a mish mash with no clear direction imo. And still no hint as to where, when it will be broadcast, not the best start.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:41 am

susible wrote:Well the doorstepping of Kate was always my biggest gripe...how is it not okay to doorstep Brenda with a camera crew in tow, but it's fine to do it to Kate, especially as we know that there are two young children who live in that house...

Sorry, not impressed.  Will reserve judgment til the rest of it comes out, but from that clip, it certainly doesn't seem to have the makings of a good documentary, a bit of a mish mash with no clear direction imo. And still no hint as to where, when it will be broadcast, not the best start.
I agree, think this trailer will do more harm than good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:43 am

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Is it the same house?

On reviewing again it does look like it is (would be stupid of Sonia to get the wrong house and blow the credibility apart)

I didn't really mean that she got the wrong house, it could have been a similar house used with a "friend" / "neighbour" answering the door who looked similar to KM.  What if KM didn't want to speak to SP and slammed the door in her face or one of the children or GM answered the door.

Just saying.......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:47 am

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Is it the same house?

I didn't really mean that she got the wrong house, it could have been a similar house used with a "friend" / "neighbour" answering the door who looked similar to KM.  What if KM didn't want to speak to SP and slammed the door in her face or one of the children or GM answered the door.

Just saying.......
I knew that it was the walk up the lane that threw me, there's clearly no lane in the YouTube video with Mitchell in it

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 04 Oct 2015, 11:57 am

About the door stepping - there is another way of looking at it - giving the McCanns a taste of their own medicine and showing them just what it`s like to be door stepped by the press.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 38  Next