MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 11 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:21 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:@ Cristobell, what nonsense, as far as I'm concerned Brenda has been latched onto and if you want to make a case then it's  separate from this one. From the trailer what we have seen (so far) is a replication of Martin Brunt confronting an unaware innocent person (unfortunately no charges have been made) on their own doorstep. Does Sonia have the right to do this or does this make her as bad as Martin Brunt who you vilified.

Brenda has been latched onto?  Are you for real?  The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us.  She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances!  Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

As for Martin Brunt, I have never vilified him.  As if!  I don't vilify people, it is not my style, I know the power of words.  I actually feel very sorry for Martin Brunt, I don't know why he did what he did, though I have my suspicions.  He was genuinely devastated by Brenda's death, how long was it before he returned to work?  I cannot and will not condemn people unless I fully understand their motives, and in Martin's case, I shudder at the 'evil' that is going on behind the scenes, I pity him.
She took her own life which was partly to do with her own mental health, it certainly would not have happened to anyone of us, they picked on a weak link.
As for are you for real, yes I can see that as much as it's not pleasant there is no more formal case to answer for with Brenda and whilst blame can try to be attributed she herself made the ultimate decision.
I go back to this case is about Madeleine and what happened to her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:25 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:@ Cristobell, what nonsense, as far as I'm concerned Brenda has been latched onto and if you want to make a case then it's  separate from this one. From the trailer what we have seen (so far) is a replication of Martin Brunt confronting an unaware innocent person (unfortunately no charges have been made) on their own doorstep. Does Sonia have the right to do this or does this make her as bad as Martin Brunt who you vilified.

Brenda has been latched onto?  Are you for real?  The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us.  She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances!  Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

As for Martin Brunt, I have never vilified him.  As if!  I don't vilify people, it is not my style, I know the power of words.  I actually feel very sorry for Martin Brunt, I don't know why he did what he did, though I have my suspicions.  He was genuinely devastated by Brenda's death, how long was it before he returned to work?  I cannot and will not condemn people unless I fully understand their motives, and in Martin's case, I shudder at the 'evil' that is going on behind the scenes, I pity him.

I don't think many people will agree with that statement.  Martin Brunt was an adult, he knew what he was doing and what the repercussions were going to be, he didn't have to do it, he could have said "no I'm not doing that and I will resign if I have to", but he didn't.  

It all backfired on him, but he still has his job, Brenda doesn't have her life.

I don't know how you can feel sorry for Martin Brunt, I wonder if Brenda's family do.

Tis my nature DFM, to me, Martin Brunt looks like a very troubled man, and I feel sorry for anyone who looks that way. It was why I could never play any part in any actual law enforcement, I have no desire to punish anyone, it gives me no pleasure or satisfaction whatsoever.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:26 pm

Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
There was no headline that Brenda was to be charged, she had committed no crime (as later confirmed). Your entitled to your opinion, mines is that this trailer plays straight into the McCann supporters hands, let's see if it gets any news coverage.
Being charged is your example. Not mine.
My example was that KM had suffered worse headlines than Brenda so your statement didn't wash. As I said we're all entitled to our own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:28 pm

The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us. She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances! Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

She didn't lose her life because she asked questions, she took her own life because of the pressure she was put under by Martin Brunt. There was nothing suspicious about her death, she was suffering from depression and she even told Brunt that she was contemplating suicide..Brunt went ahead and showed the piece anyway, he's the guilty party in this tragic episode.

I too have been vilified by a journalist from the News of the World, back in 2008, who threatened to put all of my personal details in her column, I never contemplated suicide and if she had done what she threatened and I had got any backlash from McCann supporters, I would have reported it to the police, I would not have committed suicide and left my daughter without her mother. I have been through many, many dark times in my life, but having seen the effect of suicide on the people who are left, would never consider to do it myself, no matter what was thrown at me. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true. Brenda was clearly a very troubled woman, and this incident clearly pushed her over the edge, I am sad that it did and can only imagine the pain and grief of her sons, but ultimately this tragic event has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and Brenda's death caused by bullies like Brunt and Gamble have no bearing at all in the investigation of her disappearance

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:31 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
There was no headline that Brenda was to be charged, she had committed no crime (as later confirmed). Your entitled to your opinion, mines is that this trailer plays straight into the McCann supporters hands, let's see if it gets any news coverage.
My example was that KM had suffered worse headlines than Brenda so your statement didn't wash. As I said we're all entitled to our own opinion.
And as I said, those headlines are not a result from Sonia Poulton ringing Kate's bell. Have you forgotten all the bought media attention the McCanns got? Being British media's paymasters? And the Oprah Winfrey stuff, the posing in front of camera's, so on, so on.
Don't "you're entitled to your wrong opinion" me.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:35 pm

susible wrote:
The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us.  She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances!  Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

She didn't lose her life because she asked questions, she took her own life because of the pressure she was put under by Martin Brunt.  There was nothing suspicious about her death, she was suffering from depression and she even told Brunt that she was contemplating suicide..Brunt went ahead and showed the piece anyway, he's the guilty party in this tragic episode.

I too have been vilified by a journalist from the News of the World, back in 2008, who threatened to put all of my personal details in her column, I never contemplated suicide and if she had done what she threatened and I had got any backlash from McCann supporters, I would have reported it to the police, I would not have committed suicide and left my daughter without her mother.  I have been through many, many dark times in my life, but having seen the effect of suicide on the people who are left, would never consider to do it myself, no matter what was thrown at me.  Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.  Brenda was clearly a very troubled woman, and this incident clearly pushed her over the edge, I am sad that it did and can only imagine the pain and grief of her sons, but ultimately this tragic event has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and Brenda's death caused by bullies like Brunt and Gamble have no bearing at all in the investigation of her disappearance

Well, it does it a way, it it wasn't for the McCanns and the disappearance of Madeleine and all the lies we've had to endure from so many people and the protection of the McCanns by the likes of Sky for over 8 years Brenda Leyland would still be alive.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm

Wow it is getting tense in here over a 90 second trailer. It'll be all out war when the full 90 minute doc drops.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:41 pm

Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
And as I said, those headlines are not a result from Sonia Poulton ringing Kate's bell. Have you forgotten all the bought media attention the McCanns got? Being British media's paymasters? And the Oprah Winfrey stuff, the posing in front of camera's, so on, so on.
Do you know what headlines are being made due to this trailer? No? Didn't think so? Still entitled to your maybe right maybe wrong opinion just like the rest of us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:43 pm

Agree to a point DFM, but as Brenda clearly was a troubled person, who could know that if it wasn't that incident that pushed her over the edge, what other incidents there could have been. The whole thing was about trolling, which has become a national pastime and the problems it gives to those who are being trolled...The Mc's jumped on that bandwagon and got their best mates Gamble and Brunt to go to war on their so called trolls (or truth seekers as we prefer to be known), it is my belief they picked on a specific target to make a point, it backfired big time though. But the whole gist of the piece was about internet trolls, not the disappearance of Madeline McCann

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

She took her own life which was partly to do with her own mental health, it certainly would not have happened to anyone of us, they picked on a weak link.
As for are you for real, yes I can see that as much as it's not pleasant there is no more formal case to answer for with Brenda and whilst blame can try to be attributed she herself made the ultimate decision.

But this thread is about Sonia's trailer for her forthcoming documentary and Brenda Leyland! I refer you title!

Brenda's death was triggered by the McCanns' publicity stunt? Do you not see that? Today is the anniversary of her tragic death in a lonely hotel room. She was the final solution, the warning to the rest of us to shut up and go away. She may even have intended that her death would make headlines, who knows what thoughts were going through her troubled mind. Having considered suicide myself many times in the past (but never seriously, I hasten to add), I have written my own epilogue, spat 'that'll teach them!' and envisaged myself being found clad in satin, looking beautiful, and lying prostrate across a hotel bed, a tragic heroine, who's death brings her oppressors into the dock. It's a common theme/scenario for many manic depressives and there are hundreds of variations.

Brenda knew her death would cause sensational headlines, she had followed this case long enough. It was a form of revenge against the McCanns and the media who attacked her. And it worked. The clamp down on internet trolls, especially those who comment on the case of missing Madeleine, simply didn't happen. The public were appalled alright, but not at Brenda, they were appalled at the cruelty of Brenda's very public execution. Brenda turned the tables on them, she should be celebrated!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Wow it is getting tense in here over a 90 second trailer. It'll be all out war when the full 90 minute doc drops.

Well, if it's anything like the Sun interview turned out to be it could be worse.

Sorry, only joking, or not, may be. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:50 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

But this thread is about Sonia's trailer for her forthcoming documentary and Brenda Leyland!  I refer you title!

Brenda's death was triggered by the McCanns' publicity stunt?  Do you not see that? Today is the anniversary of her tragic death in a lonely hotel room.  She was the final solution, the warning to the rest of us to shut up and go away.  She may even have intended that her death would make headlines, who knows what thoughts were going through her troubled mind.  Having considered suicide myself many times in the past (but never seriously, I hasten to add), I have written my own epilogue, spat 'that'll teach them!' and envisaged myself being found clad in satin, looking beautiful, and lying prostrate across a hotel bed, a tragic heroine, who's death brings her oppressors into the dock.  It's a common theme/scenario for many manic depressives and there are hundreds of variations.  

Brenda knew her death would cause sensational headlines, she had followed this case long enough.  It was a form of revenge against the McCanns and the media who attacked her.  And it worked.  The clamp down on internet trolls, especially those who comment on the case of missing Madeleine, simply didn't happen.  The public were appalled alright, but not at Brenda, they were appalled at the cruelty of Brenda's very public execution.  Brenda turned the tables on them, she should be celebrated!  

OMG, I can't believe you've actually said that. That is truly reprehensible, disgusting even. You've really plumbed the depths there, that's for sure.

May be the fact that a woman had her face and interview put on Sky news every 15 minutes when she actually hadn't murdered anyone or blown up a shopping mall was too much for her to bare when she was already feeling frustrated with the whole McCann case when it all seemed to be turned around on her was too much for her to take.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:53 pm

Thank goodness you said something DFM, I was totally speechless at that unbelievable load of claptrap and suicide is never pretty, and should never be romanticised in such a way, it is devastating for those involved...I know, I have seen it and it will haunt me forever

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:55 pm

susible wrote:
The poor woman lost her life because she dared to comment on this case, and it could easily have been any one of us.  She herself said in one of her last tweets that she hoped people would ask questions if she died in mysterious circumstances!  Why condemn those who are now asking the questions?

She didn't lose her life because she asked questions, she took her own life because of the pressure she was put under by Martin Brunt.  There was nothing suspicious about her death, she was suffering from depression and she even told Brunt that she was contemplating suicide..Brunt went ahead and showed the piece anyway, he's the guilty party in this tragic episode.

I too have been vilified by a journalist from the News of the World, back in 2008, who threatened to put all of my personal details in her column, I never contemplated suicide and if she had done what she threatened and I had got any backlash from McCann supporters, I would have reported it to the police, I would not have committed suicide and left my daughter without her mother.  I have been through many, many dark times in my life, but having seen the effect of suicide on the people who are left, would never consider to do it myself, no matter what was thrown at me.  Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's true.  Brenda was clearly a very troubled woman, and this incident clearly pushed her over the edge, I am sad that it did and can only imagine the pain and grief of her sons, but ultimately this tragic event has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and Brenda's death caused by bullies like Brunt and Gamble have no bearing at all in the investigation of her disappearance

I refer you to the title of this thread and the topic we are discussing on the one year anniversary of Brenda Leyland's death!
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

Well said DFM!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:56 pm

I was replying to your post cristobell where you claimed that Brenda lost her life because she asked questions. No she didn't, she took her life because she was bullied by the reprehensible Brunt and Sky news

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 2:59 pm

Cristobell wrote:
susible wrote:

I refer you to the title of this thread and the topic we are discussing on the one year anniversary of Brenda Leyland's death!

You can't wriggle off the hook so easily, you said those statements, you will have to live with them from now on as you did that disastrous Sun interview.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:10 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Cristobell wrote:

But this thread is about Sonia's trailer for her forthcoming documentary and Brenda Leyland!  I refer you title!

Brenda's death was triggered by the McCanns' publicity stunt?  Do you not see that? Today is the anniversary of her tragic death in a lonely hotel room.  She was the final solution, the warning to the rest of us to shut up and go away.  She may even have intended that her death would make headlines, who knows what thoughts were going through her troubled mind.  Having considered suicide myself many times in the past (but never seriously, I hasten to add), I have written my own epilogue, spat 'that'll teach them!' and envisaged myself being found clad in satin, looking beautiful, and lying prostrate across a hotel bed, a tragic heroine, who's death brings her oppressors into the dock.  It's a common theme/scenario for many manic depressives and there are hundreds of variations.  

Brenda knew her death would cause sensational headlines, she had followed this case long enough.  It was a form of revenge against the McCanns and the media who attacked her.  And it worked.  The clamp down on internet trolls, especially those who comment on the case of missing Madeleine, simply didn't happen.  The public were appalled alright, but not at Brenda, they were appalled at the cruelty of Brenda's very public execution.  Brenda turned the tables on them, she should be celebrated!  

OMG, I can't believe you've actually said that.  That is truly reprehensible, disgusting even.  You've really plumbed the depths there, that's for sure.

May be the fact that a woman had her face and interview put on Sky news every 15 minutes when she actually hadn't murdered anyone or blown up a shopping mall was too much for her to bare when she was already feeling frustrated with the whole McCann case when it all seemed to be turned around on her was too much for her to take.

Whether we like it or not, suicide is the ultimate form of revenge! Have your never read Wuthering Heights? I know it is a sensitive subject, and that is why as a manic depressive myself, I have experience of those lowly, lowly depths and have no inhibitions about sharing my own experiences with others. I don't think mental health should be brushed under the carpet. I have never considered actually taking my own life, I love my kids way too much, but I have allowed myself to experience those intense feelings, and hell yeh, I would use it as an opportunity for payback! I even have a book among my collection, entitled 'Don't Get Mad Get Even'. Google suicide notes, you will probably find several others who have done the same thing!

Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:13 pm

Cristobell wrote:
susible wrote:

You can't wriggle off the hook so easily, you said those statements, you will have to live with them from now on as you did that disastrous Sun interview.

Sorry, I can't even remember the statements, let alone allow them to torture me in the wee small hours, lol.  Let it go, I have Smile
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:16 pm

This is getting bonkers, ultimate revenge my a*se (in this case), some people live in la la land.

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:17 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Do you know what headlines are being made due to this trailer? No? Didn't think so? Still entitled to your maybe right maybe wrong opinion just like the rest of us.
It doesn't seem likely, we'll see the headlines this coming week in all the media shouting "vile child charity troll opens door".

But of course you're entitled to your opnion.

Last edited by Burst on Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:17 pm

Cristobell wrote:
Cristobell wrote:
susible wrote:

Sorry, I can't even remember the statements, let alone allow them to torture me in the wee small hours, lol.  Let it go, I have Smile

Are you for real, I was talking about the statements you made in your previous post about Brenda. Well I'm glad you're not tortured in the wee small hours, I bet many are and they didn't even know Brenda.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Please stay on topic and keep discussion friendly

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:21 pm

candyfloss wrote:Please stay on topic and keep discussion friendly

I would like to say a few things about that but will refrain from doing so. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 04 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm

Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
Burst wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:
It doesn't seem likely, we'll see the headlines this coming week in all the media shouting "vile child charity troll opens door".

But of course you're entitled to your opnion.
You've lost me now, we could possibly see headlines saying vile troll Sonia P doorsteps poor Kate McCann though, is that what Sonia was after.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next