MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder)

+3
Andrew
Helenmeg
candyfloss
7 posters

Go down

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies  (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder) Empty The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder)

Post  candyfloss Wed 10 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

A reminder on tonight.......

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffe..., Episode 1

Today on ITV from 9:00pm to 10:30pm

First of a two-part drama based on a true story. Retired schoolteacher Christopher Jefferies's quiet life in Bristol is turned upside down when police question him about the disappearance of his young tenant Jo Yeates. When her tragic murder becomes a major news story, the press seize upon him as a suspect, despite the lack of evidence, with destructive results. With Jason Watkins, Ben Caplan, Shaun Parkes, Nathalie Armin, and James Lailey. AD SUB

Drama

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies  (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder) Empty Re: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder)

Post  Freedom Wed 10 Dec 2014, 10:47 pm

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-lost-honour-of-christopher-jefferies

I've just watched the first episode.

Poor man - definitely on the autistic spectrum in my opinion - to have gone through what he did.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies  (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder) Empty Re: The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (An innocent suspect in the Jo Yeates murder)

Post  Helenmeg Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

Yes, interesting to watch - especially as I remember watching events unfold slowly last Christmas (or the Christmas before). I remember hoping she would be found alive but knowing that there was very little hope.

At first it seemed obvious that it was the boyfriend - but of course it was not and it highlighted how easy it is to come to the wrong conclusion based on media reporting.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:34 am

I didn't get to watch it last night but recorded it.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth watching as one of the girls in my office said 'it was crap and it was not a patch on the missing'.

The second bit I can believe.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 11 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

HelenMeg, it was actually four years ago now - time flies.

Andrew, I thought it was okay but of course you can't please everybody. You can but give it a try.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Thu 11 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

Freedom wrote:HelenMeg, it was actually four years ago now - time flies.

Andrew, I thought it was okay but of course you can't please everybody. You can but give it a try.

I enjoyed it because it gave an insight into being accused of something (wrongly) , having your name and life spread over the tabloids..
He did come across as a bit of an odd-ball but then we all are, to some extent.
Also, it was good to watch for me because I had taken an interest in that particular case. It is a bit slow going at times but still interesting, to me, anyway..

I am shocked that it was 4 years ago, Freedom, how time flies -scary.affraid
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Dec 2014, 11:59 am

I remember it as being the time when I left CMOMM for the first time, thanks to all the nut jobs who came there from Digital Spy. There was a huge influx of members practically overnight, and almost all of them mentally deranged. No wonder Digital Spy shut it's doors to the Yeates case. I thought there were some whackjobs following the McCann case, but man, was I in for an eye-opener! IIRC Jill had to set up a special fenced off area just to keep them kettled and stop them upsetting the existing members.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I didn't get to watch it last night but recorded it.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth watching as one of the girls in my office said 'it was crap and it was not a patch on the missing'.

The second bit I can believe.
Yes, but Christopher Jeffries is a real case and The Missing is a work of fiction (allegedly).

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

Resistor wrote:I remember it as being the time when I left CMOMM for the first time, thanks to all the nut jobs who came there from Digital Spy.  There was a huge influx of members practically overnight, and almost all of them mentally deranged.  No wonder Digital Spy shut it's doors to the Yeates case.  I thought there were some whackjobs following the McCann case, but man, was I in for an eye-opener!  IIRC Jill had to set up a special fenced off area just to keep them kettled and stop them upsetting the existing members.

Ah yes, I remember it well, we certainly had our fair share of people who seemed to want to close us down with the accusations against certain people. We had some terrible disruption, I have never had to ban people as much as then. It was manic, you couldn't keep up with the posts, there was a special section set up for it, but still it didn't stop them. It is unbelievable it was 4 years ago...........Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:28 pm

Definitely worth watching Andrew even if you have to speed through the adverts !

Kept him in custody for 3 days was it ? And not a shred of evidence.Good pont made by his lawyer that Jefferies was quite frail at 9 stone and no weapon was used so he was never strong enough to murder a fit young girl with his bare hands and carry her away.

Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 11 Dec 2014, 9:52 pm

Hadn't realised Jefferies used the same lawyers as Murat.

' Jefferies launched legal action against six newspapers on 21 April – The Sun, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Star, the Daily Express, the Daily Mail and the Daily Record – seeking damages for libel.[124] He was represented by Louis Charalambous of the law firm Simons Muirhead and Burton, who in 2008 had successfully acted for Robert Murat after he became a suspect during the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and had faced similar media scrutiny.[131] On 29 July Jefferies accepted "substantial" damages for defamation from The Sun, the Daily Mirror, the Sunday Mirror, the Daily Record, the Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Daily Star and The Scotsman in connection with their coverage of his arrest.'
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:18 pm

As for the Leverson stuff,Jefferies was cleared of any guilt as they found the real culprit.Neither the mccanns or Murat have ever been cleared of anything.
The newspaper may one day want their money back from the mccanns.
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:46 pm

Loved this drama - really well done by the dramatist and the actor who played Christopher. Shame had to endure adverts which interrupted the intensity of it.

For a minute I thought the McCanns might even appear - but they had that Steve fellow instead.

Like many of those sucked into the McCann`s abduction story, they are going to feel a bit stupid when the truth comes out.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 12 Dec 2014, 2:38 pm

Stephen Nolan interviews Christopher Jeffries on Radio 5 Live - 7th Dec. 2014.

Starting at 1:35.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04tcfsf

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Tue 30 Dec 2014, 10:13 am

watched this few days ago. first part very good but much of the second part could have been left on the cutting room floor. interestingly though the police who lit the fire under him came out of it quite well.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 30 Dec 2014, 11:37 am

I have read comments on forums that CJ was partly responsible for his treatment as he deliberately fabricated a story that he had seen Jo with two men on the day that she disappeared. This had clouded my opinion of him.

Now I know - assuming of course that the programme portrayed the correct situation - that he never said that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Marky Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

my take is that he was set up by the police who at the time had nothing. it was a shakedown. almost certainly they briefed the press off the book and most likely were responsible for the story you speak of.

he got a letter of apology.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:38 pm

http://www.channel5.com/shows/countdown-to-murder/episodes/the-killer-next-door

A programme shown earlier this year but which I only saw yesterday.

I don't think I knew that Tabak met Jo for the first time just four days before the murder.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 28 Mar 2021, 8:15 pm

I have come across a You Tuber who posts very interesting videos about real life mysteries, some unsolved and others like this one which wasn't.

I don't remember seeing Jo's parents appealing for help before - very distressing.

It was an eye opener to be reminded of all the dreadful stories which the British tabloids published about the landlord. There's a clip of him at the Levison enquiry, which I also don't think I've seen before.

For those of us of a certain age (probably all of us) who remembers the TV cook Fanny Cradock? Her career was brought to an end in 1976 when she was abysmally rude to a contestant called Gwen Troake on her show. Mrs Troake was to become Jo's grandmother, though they never knew each other.

Freedom
Freedom

Mimi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 10 Sep 2021, 5:29 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down