MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING

+20
chilli
AndyB
Antonia
Shrike
Scrants
Poppy
Andrew
Helenmeg
Beanie
chirpyinsect
Châtelaine
Dee Coy
margaret
bluebell
LombardySkeptik
dogs don't lie
Mimi
TheTruthWillOut
costello
candyfloss
24 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 6:53 pm

Resistor wrote:I just read on twitter that they were handed in on Jan 23rd.  I don't know whether that is true though.

Oh if true I'd guess they did have a few hurdles getting it, (if they did)?

Back to top Go down

McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING  - Page 2 Empty Re: McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING

Post  candyfloss Thu 05 Feb 2015, 6:56 pm

From mccannfiles - closing arguments last year....

Closing arguments are delayed as Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer files a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, given she is a Ward of Court in the UK. The Judge eventually rules that Kate and Gerry McCann do not possess the authority to sue Gonçalo Amaral in their daughter's name.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id477.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:02 pm

Candyfloss, this is from the court report on the 21 January:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=5931.0

The Judge then reminded the lawyer for the plaintiffs that they have a maximum of thirty days from today in order to provide to the Court formal authorisation from the High Court in London that they act in an official capacity and are legally entitled to act on behalf of their daughter, Madeleine McCann, who is a Ward of Court.

Following on from this period of thirty days, all lawyers will have a further ten days in order to deliver their alegações de direito or 'Allegations of Law" to the Court

The judge apparently gave another 30 days to present the docs. They were presented on 23 Jan, 2 days later. I too remember the request from last year. What happened to that, or was the 30 day deadline always applicable from the date of the reading of the statement of the facts? Confusing much!

It just seems that after apparently procrastinating last year, they seem quick off the mark now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:02 pm

candyfloss wrote:From mccannfiles - closing arguments last year....

Closing arguments are delayed as Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer files a request for the court to evaluate the McCann couple's legitimacy to file a lawsuit in their daughter's name, given she is a Ward of Court in the UK. The Judge eventually rules that Kate and Gerry McCann do not possess the authority to sue Gonçalo Amaral in their daughter's name.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id477.html
COULD THAT MEAN AT THAT TIME

Back to top Go down

McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING  - Page 2 Empty Re:McCANNS V AMARAL VERDICT NEARING

Post  costello Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:06 pm

Dr. Amaral has often stated that when Political interference is out of the way justice will prevail, I have never had any reason to doubt his words. I think he is correct and hopefully the tide is turning. I as ever remain optimistic.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:08 pm

costello wrote:Dr. Amaral has often stated that when Political interference is out of the way justice will prevail, I have never had any reason to doubt his words. I think he is correct and hopefully the tide is turning. I as ever remain optimistic.

I agree costello.. Positive thoughts people. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm

With the former PT Prime Minister Socrates in custody ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:13 pm

Dr. Amaral has often stated that when Political interference is out of the way justice will prevail,
Trouble is I think it is still there ,maybe in years to come as he has stated it is the system here that is the problem.

Knowing the system it is hard to stay positive but perhaps we will be surprised. Trouble is he has no more fight in him it seems and who can blame him.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm

The WoC was issued in 2008 right? So in 2009/10 when this trial started Madeleine's legal guardians were the UK courts, not Kate and Gerry.

Not sure if I imagined it, but I think I read that they must prove they had "custody" of Madeleine on/before the trial start date. I can't see how that would be possible without the UK courts aiding and abetting the M's, but I'm no lawyer.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm

Yes, I feel it is all coming together slowly, but surely. The media reporting has been morphing over the last few months, and whilst still nothing dramatic, the spin that is appearing now is second rate and laughable.

I have always felt that SY and the PJ would not move until after Snr Amaral's libel case was satisfactorily concluded, and lets face it, it was always going to go in Snr Amaral's favour imo. The exoneration of Snr Amaral in an official court of law is an important test of whether charges, which may contain circumstantial evidence, and/or most importantly, if it can be found, solid evidence, such as DNA etc, will actually be likely to succeed in a court of law

Notably whilst everyone else seems to think that the libel trial and the arrival of SY in Portugal is a negative coincidence, I think it is a positive one, because we obviously don't hear much about the trial in the UK, we do hear about Grange, so if the visits are roughly timed to the trial, it gives the media and the police the opportunity to introduce the ideas very subtlety, about what the McCanns are claiming and what is actually happening until ...Hey Ho..they've solved the case and the public will be shocked...but we won't be surprised at all

Well that's my dream anyway Very Happy

Back to top Go down

McCANNS v AMARAL VERDICT NEARING  - Page 2 Empty Re:McCANNS V AMARAL VERDICT NEARING.

Post  costello Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm

@ Chateleine

And not to mention Gordon Brown's departure from the political arena.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm

None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

wonder what is going on there

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm

Source, please Markus. TA :-) in advance
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm

http://algarvenewswatch.blogspot.nl/2015/02/mccanns-vs-amaral-verdict-nearing.html?spref=twSo it is now up to the Lisbon judge to decide the relatively straightforward matter of whether the documentation attests to the McCanns’ right to represent Madeleine.

None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

So who holds the trump card defence or prosicution

Last edited by Markus 2 on Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:51 pm

Ah, newspaper article .. Though do tend to "believe" Len Port :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

Markus 2 wrote:None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

I wonder if they are not going to object because even if it was accepted that the McCanns can act for MBM, GA is confident there will be no huge payout due to the number of clauses that were not proved.
I understand they have 10 days after the presentation so that time is now up anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Markus 2 wrote:None of the defence lawyers has or is expected to raise any objections.

I wonder if they are not going to object because even if it was accepted that the McCanns can act for MBM, GA is confident there will be no huge payout due to the number of clauses that were not proved.
I understand they have 10 days after the presentation so that time is now up anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 8:00 pm

Markus 2 wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

Minefield really, could be as you say ,or many other senarios ,not long to wait though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 8:52 pm

I wonder if David Cameron is wishing this could all be wrapped up now with the election around the corner. Let's face it all comments in msm are about the amount of money wasted by this government on the search.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:01 pm

Beanie wrote:I wonder if David Cameron is wishing this could all be wrapped up now with the election around the corner. Let's face it all comments in msm are about the amount of money wasted by this government on the search.

Its not just this case though. Just how many operations are on going within the Met right now involving politicians/celebs/newsgroups just in child abuse and hacking alone?

The total cost for the tax payer must be in the tens of millions already and how many at the top will end up in court, never mind serve prison sentences?

All very depressing with no end in sight.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanie Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Beanie wrote:I wonder if David Cameron is wishing this could all be wrapped up now with the election around the corner. Let's face it all comments in msm are about the amount of money wasted by this government on the search.

Its not just this case though. Just how many operations are on going within the Met right now involving politicians/celebs/newsgroups just in child abuse and hacking alone?

The total cost for the tax payer must be in the tens of millions already and how many at the top will end up in court, never mind serve prison sentences?

All very depressing with no end in sight.

I totally agree, we are all being played for fools. Hopefully with the Internet and sociial networking sites, as long as they are not closed down, we will be able to keep opening people's eyes as to what is happening, especially in this sad case.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm

See Blacksmith's offering from today
http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk/
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:31 pm

When the Mccanns lose then I predict the floodgates will truly open. The MSM will literally turn overnight. SY will swoop with immediate arrests to all concerned. GA will be hailed as a hero to the world. After convictions and trials the Mc's will be doing porridge for a long long time.

My hopeful opinion and all that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:33 pm

Andrew wrote:When the Mccanns lose then I predict the floodgates will truly open. The MSM will literally turn overnight. SY will swoop with immediate arrests to all concerned. GA will be hailed as a hero to the world. After convictions and trials the Mc's will be doing porridge for a long long time.

My hopeful opinion and all that.

If there is sufficient evidence why the wait,can't see it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 05 Feb 2015, 9:37 pm

Absolutely no idea. It all seems to be about timing though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next