MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebecca Watts

+20
margaret
sally66
Chop Suey on Toast
Guinea Pig
AndyB
Bampots
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
costello
Mimi
Dee Coy
Poppy
chirpyinsect
Freedom
chrissie
dogs don't lie
Poe
Châtelaine
candyfloss
Andrew
24 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Rebecca Watts  - Page 13 Empty Re: Rebecca Watts

Post  Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm

Yes, I've been following this as it has been unfolding and it is all rather bizarre...I'm sure there will be a lot more to it. I was particularly intrigued by the laptop that was found that apparently was not Becky's, because lets face it, how many laptops are you likely to come across, abandoned in a park, at the very time a girl is reported missing, having taken her laptop with her. Perhaps finding a random phone that someone has accidentally dropped, but a laptop?? It's not like it could have fallen out of your pocket without you noticing.

A very strange case indeed, and of course, very, very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 05 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

sally66 wrote:I think so too

The text message on the 18/02 and Becky allegedly being grumpy on the 19/02 do make you think of various scenarios

Has it been stated where she allegedly was on the night of the 18/02?

This is what her mother said before her body was found.

“She didn't even like asking for bus fares, Courtney used to do it for her. It's so out of character. She'd only just come back that morning from staying at her friend's house.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Missing-Bristol-teenager-Becky-s-mum-breaks/story-26089933-detail/story.html#ixzz3TXWszNKB
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Watts  - Page 13 Empty Re:Rebecca Watts

Post  costello Thu 05 Mar 2015, 7:13 pm

What I fail to understand here is why do social media etc have to be careful on what is discussed with this case. It doesn't sit well with me.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 05 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

@ costello

I seems to me, that police & CPS have a rather watertight case here. And I salute them for that - and in such short notice.
However, any public speculation, might undermine their case and put "doubt" in the jury's minds, when the case comes to court. Jury has to be "open-minded" to get to a verdict without reasonable doubt.

I hope, I have expressed myself coherently. Bear in mind, English is not my mothertongue.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm

We can only sit tight now and see how all this unravels but very odd imo. Also there are still ongoing investigations . I doubt the Police have it all sussed out yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 05 Mar 2015, 8:14 pm

Châtelaine wrote:@ costello

I seems to me, that police & CPS have a rather watertight case here. And I salute them for that - and in such short notice.
However, any public speculation, might undermine their case and put "doubt" in the jury's minds, when the case comes to court. Jury has to be "open-minded" to get to a verdict without reasonable doubt.

I hope, I have expressed myself coherently. Bear in mind, English is not my mothertongue.

This is what worries me about a McCann case being tried in UK - could there be anyone in the UK who has not read or formed an opinion on that couple.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

susible Today at 6:59 pm
Yes, I've been following this as it has been unfolding and it is all rather bizarre...I'm sure there will be a lot more to it. I was particularly intrigued by the laptop that was found that apparently was not Becky's, because lets face it, how many laptops are you likely to come across, abandoned in a park, at the very time a girl is reported missing, having taken her laptop with her. Perhaps finding a random phone that someone has accidentally dropped, but a laptop?? It's not like it could have fallen out of your pocket without you noticing.

Chance in a million Wink very odd. Remember Jo Yates Avon and Somerset. Imo there was a lot of information in that case that the public were not made aware of.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 9:16 pm

i've noted the video on page 1 - father according to paper, is speaking about Be ky in the past tense. the young man doesn't but says ' so many things can be done in the heat of the moment' .

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:29 pm

Unfortunately Imo Becky was gone before we even learned of her name on the news, unfortunately murder is a common occurrence  in the UK and when we hear it on the news we carry on preparing the evening meal,but when it's announced a body has been cut up we sit up and question why,why did he kill his 16 year old step sister? what was his motive? who helped him dismember her body? and why would her body need to be dismembered ?
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 06 Mar 2015, 7:49 am

It's the dismembering of poor Beckys body that's confusing me, imo, someone has had to think about this and it ain't easy to do I'm sure. There are evil things in this world Sad  RIP
I've just remembered little April Jones Sad  felt like I knew her, hoping she'd be found safe. In two pics of April, she was wearing outfits my little girl had. RIP April

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:06 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 06 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 06 Mar 2015, 3:47 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 06 Mar 2015, 4:19 pm

Interesting Andrew. Them being charged with that suggests that they knew or had a good idea (given who NM was to BW) of what they were getting themselves involved in.

Boggles my mind that they'd do that for anyone or for any reason.

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 06 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

http://bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-appear-court-helping-dispose-16-year/story-26130226-detail/story.html?%3F%3F

Comment removed - it suggests they are guilty when we don't know yet if they are.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Rebecca Watts  - Page 13 Empty Re:Rebecca Watts

Post  costello Fri 06 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Interesting Andrew. Them being charged with that suggests that they knew or had a good idea (given who NM was to BW) of what they were getting themselves involved in.

Boggles my mind that they'd do that for anyone or for any reason.

Lots more to this, in my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 06 Mar 2015, 6:31 pm

Andrew wrote:http://bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-appear-court-helping-dispose-16-year/story-26130226-detail/story.html?%3F%3F

Comment removed - it suggests they are guilty when we don't know yet if they are.
Sorry freedom. That was the anger combined with a few beers talking.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 06 Mar 2015, 6:42 pm

You really ought to know by now Andrew not to let the beer do the talking!

I agree Costello, I won't be surprised if there are further developments.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:09 pm

1,200 pieces of evidence! I have an idea what was behind this and why she took her laptop with her.
margaret
margaret

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:29 pm

margaret wrote:1,200 pieces of evidence! I have an idea what was behind this and why she took her laptop with her.

I'm far from convinced she ever left the house Margaret. If NM was one of the adults in the house after AG went to hospital, the whole leaving the house with laptop, phone and tablet story could have been told to her by NM for example.

There are so many possibilities though. And with the case probably not going to court for six months or a year I fear public interest will be gone and only verdicts will matter.

The McCann case has made me a total cynic when it comes to high profile/high publicity cases and getting the full truth.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Fri 06 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm

At this mornings Hearing the Judge stated that he had preliminary booked a date for the 1st September which would be heard by a High Court Judge. I've been thinking about this case but can't get my head round it - not sure why 4 other people would incriminate themselves in such a horrendous crime unless it was sexually motivated?
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

Doubt we are going to hear much more now for a while. On the local news they did say it was going to take a long time before a trial could go ahead. A community spokesperson I presume, also said , we cannot advise people because we do not know what happened, that is not good for the people living in the area imo. If it did take place prior to the 19th then surely others would be booked for perjury as well.
TTWO
The McCann case has made me a total cynic when it comes to high profile/high publicity cases and getting the full truth.

And me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

It will be unusual if a trial does start in September; it's usually over a year with major cases.

Speaking generally, if it is proved that someone died on a specific date - yet other people claimed to have seen them later - it seems a fair bet that they will be charged with perjury.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 11:38 am

I hope so but the cynic in me thinks maybe not.  If that message Rebecca sent saying, no one would miss her was sent before the 19th as her friends claim ,then that is incriminating evidence imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 07 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
margaret wrote:1,200 pieces of evidence! I have an idea what was behind this and why she took her laptop with her.

I'm far from convinced she ever left the house Margaret. If NM was one of the adults in the house after AG went to hospital, the whole leaving the house with laptop, phone and tablet story could have been told to her by NM for example.

There are so many possibilities though. And with the case probably not going to court for six months or a year I fear public interest will be gone and only verdicts will matter.

bolded - same here.

Tend to think something went terribly wrong and panic occurred.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum