MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins

+8
dogs don't lie
dantezebu
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Poe
PeterMac
Freedom
candyfloss
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  Empty Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 May 2015, 10:28 am

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins

Detectives are following a new line of inquiry, ahead of the eighth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

By Martin Brunt, Crime Correspondent
British detectives searching for Madeleine McCann have discovered more of the holiday apartment burglaries they believe hold the key to solving the case.

They had been investigating 18 break-ins in which intruders entered the bedrooms of young, mostly British girls.
Now they are probing 28 such burglaries, Sky News has learned.
Forensic evidence is being tested against findings from the apartment from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago.
The development in the Scotland Yard investigation is revealed by authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan in a new edition of their recent book Looking For Madeleine.
Summers said: "Our source told us that after stumbling across 18 burglaries last year, they have now discovered a total of 28 in the area of Praia da Luz in the years around 2007 when Madeleine disappeared.
"It gives them a much better chance of matching evidence against forensics from the McCann apartment.
"I was told there was great sensitivity around this forensic testing, nobody wants to discuss it, but they are making progress and believe the case is solvable."

The author said in the past few days the Home Office had agreed to continue its controversial funding of the British investigation which has now cost more than £10m.
Summers said: "Officials meet the police every three months to review spending and only last week told them there was no financial or political pressure to cut back."
Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished from the family's rented holiday apartment on 3 May eight years ago. It's thought she was abducted.
Portuguese police abandoned their investigation after 15 months without establishing any clues to the mystery and for three years there was no official search for Madeleine.
With Home Office backing, Scotland Yard began a review of evidence in 2011 and then launched a full-scale investigation two years ago.
The London branch leader of the police union the Police Federation said recently that funding of the investigation could not be justified in the wake of continuing public spending cuts which have hit all forces.

Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have said they are "more driven than ever" to continue the search for their daughter.

http://news.sky.com/story/1476413/madeleine-police-probe-more-break-ins

?????

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  3571393502

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  Empty Re: Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 10:41 am

The development in the Scotland Yard investigation is revealed by authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan in a new edition of their recent book Looking For Madeleine.
How come they know about this. One big push it seems from TM , won their case,. Kates bike ride, now this. All timed now a new set of suspects and more public money

Back to top Go down

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  Empty Re: Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 May 2015, 10:44 am

Markus 2 wrote:The development in the Scotland Yard investigation is revealed by authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan in a new edition of their recent book Looking For Madeleine.
How come they know about this. One big push it seems from TM , won their case,. Kates bike ride, now this. All timed.

I think perhaps I should have used pink ink......to match my avatar of course Laughing

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 10:50 am

Just the usual anniversary push, but probably without all the sofa-surfing this year due to all of the other events taking place, general election, royal baby etc and of course Brunt is trying to justify himself so much this now, he'll write any old garbage that takes the heat off him and the Mc's and of course what SY have actually said is a firm "No Comment" and Summers and Swann have just made the rest up...

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 02 May 2015, 10:54 am

Just keep away from blue ink.

The "new" edition of Summers and Swan's book has presumably yet to be published.

The rest of the article sounds like a regurgitation of one that the tabloids churn out every so often.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11576515/No-one-has-the-right-to-take-away-a-parents-hope.html

Here Summers and Swan write in The Telegraph.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Sat 02 May 2015, 10:55 am

Unashamedly stolen from Twitter - now and again one finds a gem
Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  <a href=Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  45_tif10" />
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 11:06 am

Who is  Ernie Allen looks like he retired,

7 Apr 2014 - ALEXANDRIA, Va., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Leading Child Protection Advocate Ernie Allen Announces Retirement.

The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) announced today that Maura Harty has been appointed by the Board of Directors to be the organization's new President and CEO.    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11576515/No-one-has-the-right-to-take-away-a-parents-hope.html

And we believe the McCanns are right to hope. The head of the US-based International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Ernie Allen, regards their tenacity as “admirable” and “inspiring”. scratch As he once told another grieving parent, “there are many scenarios under which your child could still be alive…We keep finding abducted children who have been missing for years.”

Last edited by Markus 2 on Sat 02 May 2015, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 02 May 2015, 11:15 am

I hope you've all been checking your anniversary bingo card.

I've already crossed off:

-Police investigating burglar
-Clarence
-Martin Brunt
-McCann charity fundraiser

I just need an age progressed photo and an appearance on Lorraine's sofa for a full house.

Fingers crossed.

lol!
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 11:16 am

Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished from the family's rented holiday apartment on 3 May eight years ago. It's thought she was abducted.

Thought she was,not that she was,hmmm.
Clever bit of writing.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 02 May 2015, 11:18 am

Markus 2 wrote:Who is  Ernie Allen looks like he retired,

7 Apr 2014 - ALEXANDRIA, Va., April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Leading Child Protection Advocate Ernie Allen Announces Retirement.

And we believe the McCanns are right to hope. The head of the US-based International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Ernie Allen, regards their tenacity as “admirable” and “inspiring”. As he once told another grieving parent, “there are many scenarios under which your child could still be alive…We keep finding abducted children who have been missing for years.”

That will be the same Ernie whose organisation falsely reported over 400 children as missing.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDMQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpactofsilence.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F07%2Fernie-allen-missing-child-fraud.html&ei=CaNEVefxLc2XaseRgfgE&usg=AFQjCNGI6qEevUhpKpgL543SQTEsi1y9iQ

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ernie Allen : Missing Child Fraud

Ernie Allen, one of Gerry McCann's first contacts in August 2007 , his interest, child sex abuse.

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/07/24/506991.html

Ernie Allen Testifies Before U.S. Congress,

Admits to Four Hundred Cases of Missing Child Fraud

Dateline: Washington, DC, 2 December 2009

Mr. Ernie Allen, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (USA) and its wholly owned affiliate, the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, dropped a bombshell today before the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission of the United States Congress.

But don't expect to see it on the Commission's official web site any time soon; it appears that their web site hasn't been updated since April of 2009. How much do Congressman James P. McGovern and Congressman Frank R. Wolf, co-Chairmen of the Commission, really care about securing human rights when they cannot even be bothered to ensure that their own Commission's web site is updated?

No matter: the written testimony of Mr. Ernie Allen was courteously uploaded to the web by Congressman Chris Smith. For the time being it can also be found at the American Center's web site as well as at the web site of its "international" subsidiary.
After presenting the usual boilerplate about the American organisations and missing children, Mr. Allen shares some current statistics deriving from his corporate database, in order to "help illustrate the scope of the problem of international child abduction". According to Mr. Allen:

NCMEC is currently working cases involving 1,214 children who were abducted by a non-custodial parent from the United States to a foreign country. The majority of these children were taken to the following countries: Mexico (533 children); Japan (54 children); India (32 children); Egypt (30 children); the United Kingdom (24 children); and Canada (23 children).

These are interesting statistics, and not just because they exist at all. They are interesting because they demonstrate that the American Center's database contains information that is not exposed to the public through their search engine. While there is a field (called abductedCountry) that is supposed to indicate the "possible location" of a "missing" child in a particular country, our search today for all children possibly in Mexico returned a measley twenty-two (22) records, for the United Kingdom one (1) record, and for all three of Romania, Bulgaria and Greece no records whatsoever. Notably we have verified the location of children advertised as "missing" by the American organisations in all four of the above mentioned European Member States. None of these children were identified in the results of our search of the American database as even possibly located in their actual countries of residence!

Now consider Mexico. It is possible that Mr. Allen was being literal in stating that 533 children "were taken to" Mexico, while only 22 are possibly now located there. Logically this would imply that Mexico would have to be primarily a transit country for these children, with only a fraction of them (~5%) likely to remain there following their removal from the United States. It seems unlikely, but it could happen.

Does it, though?

Our concern isn't addressed, but let us courteously suspend our disbelief while we continue to parse Mr. Allen's statement. He starts making recommendations to the Tom Lantos Commission on page 5 of his testimony. The first four recommendations are vacuous generalities that can be pithly abbreviated to "everyone should do a better job". Then comes the bombshell, which we quote in full:

Finally, I believe we should amend the federal definition of ‘missing child’ that was established by the Missing Children’s Assistance Act of 1984 and codified at 42 U.S.C. §5772. In parental abduction cases, law enforcement may be hesitant to classify the child as ‘missing’ since the child does not technically fit within the current federal definition of ‘missing child’: a child whose whereabouts are unknown to the child’s legal custodian. Parental abduction cases are unique -- the left-behind parent may know the exact whereabouts of the ‘missing’ child but is unable to bring the child home. This problem can be solved by adding the description “or who was removed from the control of such individual's legal custodian in violation of law or judicial order” to the federal definition of ‘missing child.’ This not only reinforces law enforcement’s jurisdiction over these criminal cases, it also ensures that they will be given the same resources and support as non-family abductions. In addition, clarifying the definition of ‘missing child’ to include family-abducted children ensures that law enforcement will enter these cases into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. NCIC entry of these children is critical to ensuring that law enforcement resources are dedicated to these abductions. Approximately one-third of NCMEC’s current international abductions have not been entered into NCIC.

This official testimony appears to contain the first ever admission by any representative of the American center that a full one-third of its current cases are probable if not certain cases of missing child fraud.

That is four hundred (400) children being falsely advertised by the American center, right now, as though they were "missing".

Thanks to the efforts of the members of our committee, Mr. Allen sees the writing on the wall, but he hasn't yet gotten the message. The real issue is not that law enforcement is "hesitant" to classify a child as "missing" when the child's whereabouts are in fact known. It's that capable law enforcement officers know better than to lie to the very public whose diligence is needed to find genuinely missing children.

Mr. Allen is personally raking in nearly one million U.S. Dollars ($1.000.000,00) annually courtesy of the United States taxpayer. On the basis of his Center's missing children statistics, Congress rewarded the American Center with a huge budget that must be the envy of every NGO on the planet, without any oversight or preconditions. Yet, were it not for the pressure being placed on Mr. Allen by members of this committee, in both civil and criminal proceedings, the American public and the world community would still be entirely unaware that they were being misled.

The December 2, 2009 testimony of Mr. Ernie Allen before the Tom Lantos Commission demonstrates that the American organisations are hiding from the public their real knowledge about the children they advertise as "missing". Mr. Allen's recommendation to modify the federal definition of ‘missing child’ is self-serving and does nothing for the little victims of missing child fraud.

We continue to call on our colleagues in the United States and their international supporters to respect the fundamental right of these children to a safe and private childhood.

http://www.ncmec.eu/page.php?Id=45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 11:20 am

Ernie Allen retired last year, how can they quote that Suspect

The Telegraph for you
The head of the US-based International Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Ernie Allen, regards their tenacity as “admirable” and “inspiring”. As he once told another grieving parent, “there are many scenarios under which your child could still be alive…We keep finding abducted children who have been missing for years.”

Last edited by Markus 2 on Sat 02 May 2015, 11:29 am; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 02 May 2015, 11:21 am

I despair at all this burglary nonsense. I really do.

What absolute garbage.

Frustrating thing is - they all know it's garbage too.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 02 May 2015, 12:03 pm

Andrew wrote:I despair at all this burglary nonsense. I really do.

What absolute garbage.

Frustrating thing is - they all know it's garbage too.

The McCanns had to fill the void left by the lack of sightings with something. I just wish they'd come up with something new and different - every burglar in Europe must have been investigated by now if the spin is to be believed Rolling Eyes
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Sat 02 May 2015, 1:33 pm

I have something to confess.
In all my time in the Force I never encountered a burglary, nor a burglar who
Did not enter through a door, or
who did not enter through a window, or
who did not enter through a roof void (2 cases !), or
who did not enter through a shared cellar space -
AND
who left no marks at the point of entry, or
who left no marks at the point of exit, or
who left no trace AT ALL, of his (or her !) presence anywhere in the building
NOR
did I ever come across a burglar who entered the previous night for a general "look round" but took nothing, nor
did I ever become aware of a burglar who having gone to all the trouble of entering did not pick up something more or less valuable on the way out

And something else I have to confess.
In all my time in the Force I never found another officer who had ever come across this sort of thing either.
Nor have I ever seen it recorded in any Police Manuals.

I obviously had a very sheltered service
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 02 May 2015, 2:08 pm

Met discover how the burgalators got in to steal Madeleine without leaving a trace.
Arrests expected soon.

Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  Movies10

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 02 May 2015, 2:33 pm

PeterMac wrote:I have something to confess.
In all my time in the Force I never encountered a burglary, nor a burglar who
Did not enter through a door, or
who did not enter through a window, or
who did not enter through a roof void (2 cases !), or
who did not enter through a shared cellar space -
AND
who left no marks at the point of entry, or
who left no marks at the point of exit, or
who left no trace AT ALL, of his (or her !) presence anywhere in the building
NOR
did I ever come across a burglar who entered the previous night for a general "look round" but took nothing, nor
did I ever become aware of a burglar who having gone to all the trouble of entering did not pick up something more or less valuable on the way out

And something else I have to confess.
In all my time in the Force I never found another officer who had ever come across this sort of thing either.
Nor have I ever seen it recorded in any Police Manuals.

I obviously had a very sheltered service

Ah now, you see, this is your mistake.

You are confusing your Great British burglars, who always leave a clear indication that they have been into your property and always take something as a matter of courtesy, with your sneaky, sardine-munching burgalators who break in without leaving a shred of evidence and don't even have the basic manners to take a small token item -almost as if they were never there.

Like comparing apples and oranges.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Sat 02 May 2015, 2:56 pm

So somehow he/they/she came in twice without leaving any trace (presumably the first time to weigh the kids to work out the sedative dose for his next visit the following evening). But how do you think he got in the first time PM? I haven't quite worked it out yet as Kate said to Fiona at the dinner table on the 3rd that they had left the patio door unlocked that evening and she was a bit concerned. So either it was the first time she left the door unlocked, or she also left the door unlocked the evening before (2nd) but wasn't particularly concerned about it that night.

It does my head no good at all to try and apply any logic to any of what has been said by T9, or I would spend half my life going around in circles like my dog.
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 3:18 pm

Freedom wrote:Just keep away from blue ink.

The "new" edition of Summers and Swan's book has presumably yet to be published.

The rest of the article sounds like a regurgitation of one that the tabloids churn out every so often.

Here Summers and Swan write in The Telegraph.  

I've just read that article, 35 interesting comments have been allowed, most of them not McCann fans.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 02 May 2015, 3:34 pm

Let em chirp away about burglars, they'll not find a superman who could possibly do it. If there's another 10/20 or 100 around that time, they'll need ruled out. IMO it's a load of spin since the verdict!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 3:47 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Let em chirp away about burglars, they'll not find a superman who could possibly do it. If there's another 10/20 or 100 around that time, they'll need ruled out. IMO it's a load of spin since the verdict!

Exactly,the verdict or more importantly the subsequent analysis of said verdict didn't go the way they wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 4:53 pm

The more this drags on, the more I get the feeling OG is waiting for something else to happen. By that I mean, they're waiting for someone to die from old age, or to be removed from a position which is acting as an impediment to their investigation.

When's the UK election?

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 02 May 2015, 4:58 pm

canada12 wrote:The more this drags on, the more I get the feeling OG is waiting for something else to happen. By that I mean, they're waiting for someone to die from old age, or to be removed from a position which is acting as an impediment to their investigation.

When's the UK election?

Election is next Thursday 7th May.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sun 03 May 2015, 7:57 am

Oh martin,how in gods name did you let yourself be dragged down to this this level.imo you should be renamed >martin the disgraced journalist brunt <
who could ever believe any thing you say or write now.
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 03 May 2015, 11:58 am

Why would SY tell Summers and Swan anything more than last time ie go read the files! We're watching the frantic thrashing of a huge burdensome cuckoo who is long overdue to leave the nest. Brunt has nowhere to go,he's jumped to the McCann ship and must see out the journey with them. All of today's newspapers are full rumour and sources close to the investigation. It's utter tosh. Don't know if this has been posted here yet but as you can see they are  all singing from the same hymn sheet,if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-police-discover-more-5625720

Madeleine McCann police discover more holiday apartment break-ins that could be linked to disappearance

19:07, 2 May 2015
By Karen Rockett

Police are probing 28 such burglaries and forensic evidence is being tested against findings from the apartment from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago in Portugal 

British detectives searching for Madeleine McCann have discovered more of the holiday apartment burglaries they believe hold the key to solving the case.

They had been investigating 18 break-ins in which intruders entered the bedrooms of young, mostly British girls.

Now they are probing 28 such burglaries and forensic evidence is being tested against findings from the apartment from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago in Portugal.

The development in the Scotland Yard investigation is revealed by authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan in a new edition of their book Looking For Madeleine.

Mr Summers said: “Our source told us that after stumbling across 18 burglaries last year, they have now discovered a total of 28 in the area of Praia da Luz in the years around 2007 when Madeleine disappeared.

“It gives them a much better chance of matching evidence against forensics from the McCann apartment.

“I was told there was great sensitivity around this forensic testing, nobody wants to discuss it, but they are making progress and believe the case is solvable.”

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry McCann have said they are “more driven than ever” to continue the search for their daughter.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 03 May 2015, 12:06 pm

Bampots wrote:Why would SY tell Summers and Swan anything more than last time ie go read the files! We're watching the frantic thrashing of a huge burdensome cuckoo who is long overdue to leave the nest. Brunt has nowhere to go,he's jumped to the McCann ship and must see out the journey with them. All of today's newspapers are full rumour and sources close to the investigation. It's utter tosh. Don't know if this has been posted here yet but as you can see they are  all singing from the same hymn sheet,if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-police-discover-more-5625720

Madeleine McCann police discover more holiday apartment break-ins that could be linked to disappearance

19:07, 2 May 2015
By Karen Rockett

Police are probing 28 such burglaries and forensic evidence is being tested against findings from the apartment from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago in Portugal 

Now they are probing 28 such burglaries and forensic evidence is being tested against findings from the apartment from where Madeleine vanished eight years ago in Portugal.

The development in the Scotland Yard investigation is revealed by authors Anthony Summers and Robbyn Swan in a new edition of their book Looking For Madeleine.

Mr Summers said: “Our source told us that after stumbling across 18 burglaries last year, they have now discovered a total of 28 in the area of Praia da Luz in the years around 2007 when Madeleine disappeared.

“It gives them a much better chance of matching evidence against forensics from the McCann apartment.

“I was told there was great sensitivity around this forensic testing, nobody wants to discuss it, but they are making progress and believe the case is solvable.”

Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry McCann have said they are “more driven than ever” to continue the search for their daughter.

what an absolute crock of sh**** !!  Madeleine Police Probe More Break-Ins  Gif

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next