MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

+48
Walt
Honeyblade
poster
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
nobodythereeither
cherry
Magnum
wjk
gbwales
Mo
Acorn1
End
Inca
kylie
dantezebu
Popcorn
Ixta
TheTruthWillOut
myositis
crabbit
Beanie
chilli
marina
AndyB
chrissie
Scrants
Dee Coy
Admin
Antonia
mabossa ritchie
chris
Châtelaine
Freedom
Poe
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
bluebell
Andrew
PeterMac
costello
Bampots
Poppy
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Mimi
womandotcom
candyfloss
52 posters

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Empty Re: Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:11 am

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton · 12 hrs12 hours ago
@JusticeForMM Hi Leanne. I attributed your quotes to the webpage. It was cut to `said' by subs on space grounds. Leave it with me.

Leanne Baulch ‏@JusticeForMM · 12 hrs12 hours ago
@JerryLawton that's fair enough, did you get the quotes from the Portugal Resident?

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton · 11 hrs11 hours ago
@JusticeForMM No, the webpage

Leanne Baulch ‏@JusticeForMM · 11 hrs11 hours ago
@JerryLawton don't go out of your way to change it. It seems it wasn't your fault it read that way. Headline from subeditors, right?

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton · 11 hrs11 hours ago
@JusticeForMM yes - journalists don't write headlines

NettyCox ‏@NettyCox · 49 mins49 minutes ago
@JerryLawton Great article. Remove "sick" and replace with "alleged" and it would be perfectly fair and unbiased. @JusticeForMM #mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:22 pm

Janice Ward ‏@1JaniceWard · 49 mins49 minutes ago
OMG some indepth comments on Mr.#Amaral's Fund. http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA …. People are now speaking out.
#mccann

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 CGk3EPUXIAI939U

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

PeterMac wrote:Didn't come up on the lottery,  Crying or Very sad
but have submitted a PPI investigation request for mortgage and credit cards over some years.
Will let you know what happens.
every little helps.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but what is a PPI investigation.  The only PPI I know about is about Payment Protection.  Your posts are always so interesting PM, you bring so much to the forums which not many of us would know about otherwise.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Last para deleted, sorry admin, me naughty!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 2:57 pm

Here's an excellent post from l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun for those who have contributed to LB's fund -

http://l-azzeri-lies-in-the-sun.com/Jerry_Lawton_Journalist_.html

I couldn't find the heading for l-azzeri's blogs so thought I would put it here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:54 pm

Peter: did you mean a FOI (Freedom of Information) request?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

Freedom wrote:Peter: did you mean a FOI (Freedom of Information) request?
I think he might have been meaning PPI on his credit cards etc. I presume if successful he plans to donate again. Good man.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:59 pm

I took Peter's post as he will contribute some/all proceeds from legacy PPI payouts that he may be eligible for to GA's fund?

I now feel I may have completely misunderstood the post. Embarassed
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:59 pm

Freedom wrote:Peter: did you mean a FOI request?
Payment Protection.
I had a mortgage and some credit cards, so have sent off the forms to see if they owe me anything.
It really is no win no fee, though if you DO win the fee is hefty, but still worth it.
They send a request to the bank / building society / credit card company who are obliged by law to look into the computer system and say whether you had PPI
They don't even need your account number, just name and address and DoB.

By the way I got One number and TWO Stars, there is € 11.57 to share with Gonçalo
(In fact I bought another ticket , so better luck this time.)
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Fund-update.

Post  costello Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm

PeterMac wrote:
Payment Protection.
I had a mortgage and some credit cards, so have sent off the forms to see if they owe me anything.
It really is no win no fee, though if you DO win the fee is hefty, but still worth it.
They send a request to the bank / building society / credit card company who are obliged by law to look into the computer system and say whether you had PPI

By the way I got One number and TWO Stars,  there is € 11.57 to share with Gonçalo

What an amazing thing to do PeterMac, sometime ago I reclaimed PPI by using a template online, and it didn't cost me anything. Good luck with Fridays Euro draw.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm

costello wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
Payment Protection.

By the way I got One number and TWO Stars,  there is € 11.57 to share with Gonçalo

What an amazing thing to do PeterMac, sometime ago I reclaimed PPI by using a template online, and it didn't cost me anything. Good luck with Fridays Euro draw.
My b in law was reluctant to claim as he thought it would get his bank manager in to trouble. He went to school with her husband. Doh!
Being the bossy mare I am, I pushed him to go ahead. He got ten grand and no fee as he just wrote to the bank.

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Funds-UPDATE-lets keep it going.

Post  costello Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:29 pm

The comments are now very interesting, the word seems to be getting out there, Richard Henshaw 1hr ago, spot on in my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:25 am

If I was just reading the reading the article without any background knowledge I would interpret 'including trolls' as the trolls being a minority input. I think the text suggests a lot of normal people donated and some nutters. Having read the comments I think that's a fair comment.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 6:20 am

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:38 am

We can all join in.
I got four columns, with the winnings.  Normally only allow myself two.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 <a href=Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Tick_j10" />

Just remembered, I also have Premium Bonds somewhere from the 50s and 60s, - gifts from doting aunts and uncles. Must look them out
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:42 am

While it's true that writing headlines is, indeed, the job of sub-editors, the role of the sub on a newspaper is the epitome of responsibility without power. If inaccurate information or grammatical errors appear in a published article - the subs get blamed for missing it; if copy arrives at the last minute - the subs work late to get out. They are important in that they bring everything together on the page, check it and liaise with print to get it published. What they most definitely do NOT do is set the tone of the paper - that comes from the writer and ultimately the editor (and some might say the proprietor).

Subs' headlines reflect the article in front of them, and the prevailing tone of the newspaper. If the article hadn't mentioned trolls, I'm pretty sure the headline wouldn't have. I very much doubt that the decision to label all members of the public who donated to a fund for Goncalo Amaral as "sick trolls" was made by a sub, it would have been a reflection of the editorial attitude towards such individuals that has long been established and approved on the Daily Star by the newspaper's editor and writers like Lawton. Another possibility is that, when the subs were getting the newspaper's legal department to check the copy, they were advised to amend it, but I doubt this - legal departments tend to advise cutting potentially libellous aspects of the copy rather than introducing childish nouns.

Lawton knew perfectly well what kind of headline his story would get. The only reason he didn't write the headline himself is because the subs are the ones who fit the copy on the page, so headlines are written to precise character length. He really is a spineless creep.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:59 am

There are too may praising him on twitter. I limited my observation to his only quoted comment being the one from the MPS donation, not a trolling nasty one. It is not known though what his motive was for this, might well have been to highlight the idea that there were impersonators, although it would be innuendo as JL did not say this directly.

It wasn't a bad piece on the whole but hardly from a journo trying to get the truth out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

Best of luck Peter.

Reminded me to get a few numbers myself. Always forget to play.

Had premium bonds for 30 years and won a grand total of 175 pounds in all that time.

My last winner was about 6 years ago for 25 pounds. Still not got round to cash it in.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Empty Re:Dr Amarals Defence Fund.

Post  costello Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

I have to confess to being a bit of a gambler when it comes to the lottery etc, as of tomorrow I'm adding two extra Euromillions weekly for the fund, it's a great idea.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Getting nearer £27,000 cheers

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 CGpiWFQWQAAvsdu

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Thu 04 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm

Off topic but following on
LLoyds TB have just been fined 110 MILLION for failing to look into PPI claims properly and have already had to pay out
some lunatic number of BILLIONS (so many I can't remember accurately- Sky News)

Amanded to add - found it

Lloyds Banking Group's troubled affair with payment protection insurance (PPI) is poised to deepen with a record fine from the City watchdog for mishandling complaints linked to the product.
Sky News can reveal that Lloyds is close to a settlement with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that will cost the UK's largest high street lender well over £100m.
The fine, which market sources said could be announced as early as Friday, will come just weeks after the FCA hit Clydesdale Bank with a £20.7m penalty for failing to handle PPI complaints properly.
The latest development will underline the extent to which PPI - once viewed as a major driver of Lloyds' profitability - has over the last five years become a huge millstone for the bank.
Lloyds had by far the biggest market share in PPI products and has so far set aside more than £12bn to deal with compensation claims from customers.

So it is worth the cost of a stamp.
It looks as if PPI was added to everyone's card, mortgage etc automatically in the small print.
Half for me, half for Dr Amaral.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanie Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:50 pm

PeterMac wrote:Off topic but following on
LLoyds TB have just been fined 110 MILLION for failing to look into PPI claims properly and have already had to pay out
some lunatic number of BILLIONS (so many I can't remember accurately- Sky News)

Amanded to add - found it

Lloyds Banking Group's troubled affair with payment protection insurance (PPI) is poised to deepen with a record fine from the City watchdog for mishandling complaints linked to the product.
Sky News can reveal that Lloyds is close to a settlement with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) that will cost the UK's largest high street lender well over £100m.
The fine, which market sources said could be announced as early as Friday, will come just weeks after the FCA hit Clydesdale Bank with a £20.7m penalty for failing to handle PPI complaints properly.
The latest development will underline the extent to which PPI - once viewed as a major driver of Lloyds' profitability - has over the last five years become a huge millstone for the bank.
Lloyds had by far the biggest market share in PPI products and has so far set aside more than £12bn to deal with compensation claims from customers.

So it is worth the cost of a stamp.
It looks as if PPI was added to everyone's card, mortgage etc automatically in the small print.
Half for me, half for Dr Amaral.

I don't post very often at the moment but just needed to say. Peter you are such a kind and generous person, i have followed this case from the start and know you from the very early days and the stick you always got from the other side. Even though you have been vilified by others and given so much grief you have stayed true to finding the truth and believing in Goncalo Amaral. They must be very worried about your persistence, and i know you will not give up. Good luck with your ticket.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:27 pm

Hear, hear ... :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:27 am

If everyone bought a lottery ticket on a specified day . . . !
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:32 am

PeterMac wrote:If everyone bought a lottery ticket on a specified day . . . !
I don't do the Euromillions but have a quarter share in a small syndicate that does the Greek lottery every week. I pledge to donate a percentage of any winnings for the next month.

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 21 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Fund.

Post  costello Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:11 am

PeterMac wrote:If everyone bought a lottery ticket on a specified day . . . !

Yes count me in.

As mentioned up thread I have an extra two tickets for tonight.

09 11 22 23 48   02 03
10 20 22 29 44   08 10

JYB600357
JYB600358
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next