MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Family news

+18
candyfloss
Tangled Web
PMR
Heisenburg
joyce1938
What's_up_doc?
Bampots
Mo
coppernob
Dee Coy
Mimi
unreorganised
Inca
chirpyinsect
Andrew
wjk
chrissie
Admin
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Will Prince William become King or will Charles put the kibosh on it!

Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_lcap46%Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Royal Family news - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Royal Family news - Page 3 Empty Re: Royal Family news

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:57 am

Andrew wrote:Prince Charles popping into Rothley today:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/live-prince-charles-royal-visit-to-leicester-and-leicestershire/story-30084899-detail/story.html

(I once inadvertently found myself about 20 ft away from Prince Charles getting his pecker out and having a piddle. True story)

Blimey - not one snap of the McCanns elbowing their way to the forefront.

Now Andrew - you don`t think you can drop a little ditty like that into the conversation without giving us more details do you.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm

Andrew wrote:... I always thought Peter Parker was Spiderman.

No, that was Peter Piper, who picked a peck of pickled peppers

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:07 pm

Very Happy

It was about 27/28 years ago... He was fox-hunting in a village in Derbyshire. Some friends of my folks had a farm and the hunting was taking place in adjacent land (not theirs). Myself, my dad, owner of said farm and his son walked down to to have a look. We were observing from the edge of a small wood when 3 horses started to leave the group and head in our direction. We all remained silent and like statues and then realised it was actually Prince Charles himself who got off his horse, came towards the wood and had a pee. The 2 guys on the other horses were his bodyguards. When he finished the 3 of them rode off and joined the rest of the group. They never saw us.

Wasn't a pleasant sight, I must say.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

Thanks Andrew Laughing

Not many people can claim to have seen a royal pecker Laughing

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

Mimi wrote:Thanks Andrew Laughing

Not many people can claim to have seen a royal pecker Laughing

That's true. Stuff of nightmares though Shocked
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:20 pm

Perhaps we can have a topic of intimate encounters with royalty or other rich famous people - not the kiss and tell variety though that the tabloids would fight over.

I don't think that anyone will be able to beat Andrew's story!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

Freedom wrote:Perhaps we can have a topic of intimate encounters with royalty or other rich famous people - not the kiss and tell variety though that the tabloids would fight over.

I don't think that anyone will be able to beat Andrew's story!

I have lots of stories like that (although that's the only one involving royalty).

My personal favourite was having a car chase with David Beckham on the roads of Manchester.

Or when I randomly ended up having a night on the p!ss with Ricky Hatton.

I tend to keep them to myself these days as often folk tend not to believe you. Very Happy

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:11 pm

I don`t have any `intimate` encounters but I did accidentally bump into Princess Diana twice in the same day. She visited the maternity hospital where I was a student nurse. I`m not one to be interested in celebrities so I purposely used the lifts at the back of the hospital to avoid any crowds - and who got in but Diana, 2 body guards and a couple of hospital worthies. They let me out at my floor and went on up. Surprisingly I was using it again a bit later and they all got in again and she laughed and made some quip. It`s true what they say - she was so nice and ordinary.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 Jan 2017, 1:27 pm

Going back to the original comment, I think it's more likely that it's Charles and not William who won't be king, simply because his mother might outlive him.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Wed 25 Jan 2017, 9:56 pm

Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:17 pm

coppernob wrote:Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day

How funny - we might have met if you were on those wards at the same time. It wasn`t a happy time for me there - most of the midwives were control freaks and quite nasty, except one who really felt for the ladies and babies and I learnt a lot from. Years later I worked with an ex-midwife who had left because of the controlling, hardness of midwives. I think that hospital also had bad reports about the care received. I would hope there has been a big turnaround now, but from what my daughter-in-law said when she had her baby there, they are still dictatorial, unsympathetic and medical model minded.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:32 pm

I once met the Duke and Duchess of Kent. It was the opening of the new Civic Centre in the town I lived in back in 1969/70. I was in the choir and when the ceramony was over the Duchess came along the front row of the choir asking what we were going to do when we left school. I just said I was going to work in an office but really at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do. A few years after that The Duchess seemed to go down hill, I think the Duke was a bit of a brute toward her.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Thu 26 Jan 2017, 12:47 am

Mimi wrote:
coppernob wrote:Small world Mimi Smile The day Lady Di came to open the new maternity ward was the day that I left hospital after having my daughter who is now 24 !! I can just remember that the lifts had had brand new carpet put in them and it was hard to get out of the hospital that day

How funny - we might have met if you were on those wards at the same time. It wasn`t a happy time for me there - most of the midwives were control freaks and quite nasty, except one who really felt for the ladies and babies and I learnt a lot from.   Years later I worked with an ex-midwife who had left because of the controlling, hardness of midwives.  I think that hospital also had bad reports about the care received.  I would hope there has been a big turnaround now, but from what my daughter-in-law said when she had her baby there, they are still dictatorial, unsympathetic and medical model minded.

I have five children so what are the odds ? Embarassed I think that hospital has too big a catchment area to cope which makes for a very impersonal experience.
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Royal Family news - Page 3 Empty News of Prince Philip

Post  Andrew Fri 17 Mar 2017, 11:25 pm

Was just reading this article and didn't know where to put it. So will make a new one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4325660/Will-Netflix-prove-Prince-Philip-philanderer.html

Scurrilous rumours of a secret love child, flings with showgirls and a gay affair have stalked Prince Philip for years - so will Netflix show The Crown prove he really was a philanderer?
Prince Philip once erupted in anger and exasperation when asked about affairs
Ever since he joined Royal Family, Philip has been the target of persistent rumour
He told confidant he had become ‘more or less hardened’ to the allegations
Emerged this week infidelity rumours will feature in Netflix TV drama, The Crown
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

I'd be very surprised if Philip hasn't had a few dalliances along the way - what does it matter now, especially if they all involved consenting adults?

I remember the rumours about the Greek cabaret singer and that her daughter might have been Philip's.

The daughter was a one hit wonder in the British charts.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Royal Family news - Page 3 Empty HRH Prince Philip - happy retirement sir!

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 10:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4472736/Prince-Philip-retire-royal-duties-95.html

BREAKING NEWS: Prince Philip is to completely retire from royal duties aged 95
The Duke of Edinburgh announces his retirement from royal duties after top secret emergency meeting called
Staff from across the UK  addressed by senior officer of Royal Household Sir Christopher Geidt at 10am
It fuelled feverish rumours of announcement concerning Queen or Prince Philip but both are 'fine'
Royal Standard is flying at full mast meaning no death in family and source insisted 'no cause for alarm'
Queen met Theresa May yesterday and Prince Philip at Lords - both have engagements in London later today

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 04 May 2017, 10:52 am

No hols in PdL by any chance!?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 06 May 2017, 10:20 am

I must admit that I do quite like Philip - no holding back with him what he thinks! I particularly like his comments relating to excessive noise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4475234/Oh-Philip-Did-really-say-that.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 06 May 2017, 10:56 am

Do you remember that awful interview he did with Fiona Bruce?  Apparently he was upset because it wasn`t Selina Scott.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/10301128/Prince-Philips-reasons-for-not-talking-to-Fiona-Bruce-revealed.html

https://youtu.be/m1xjvS8mUTk

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 06 May 2017, 11:54 am

Thanks Mimi, I actually don't remember it at all. I'll watch it later at my leisure.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sat 06 May 2017, 12:49 pm

I used the word `awful` - I should have said embarrassing for her, but she handled it well and I think he came round to her eventually. He tends to speak to everyone as if they`re idiots.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Sat 06 May 2017, 2:11 pm

Freedom wrote:I must admit that I do quite like Philip - no holding back with him what he thinks! I particularly like his comments relating to excessive noise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4475234/Oh-Philip-Did-really-say-that.html
I agree -he's comedy gold!

Back to top Go down

Royal Family news - Page 3 Empty Breaking News HRH Prince Philip taken to hospital

Post  candyfloss Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:23 am

Royal Family news - Page 3 DC1fmSzXYAAdtpR

.Royal Central‏ @RoyalCentral · 36m

BREAKING: The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London after contracting an infection.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:24 am

Duke of Edinburgh admitted to hospital

15 minutes ago

From the section UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40355006

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 21 Jun 2017, 12:40 pm

I've added some earlier posts about Prince Philip to this topic.

He's 96 so whatever happens now, he's had a good long life.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next