MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+13
Bampots
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Andrew
Mimi
Roadrunner64
Guinea Pig
Châtelaine
chirpyinsect
PMR
chrissie
unreorganised
Freedom
17 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 13 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 28 Dec 2016, 8:41 pm

It is a good point and something I hadn't thought about. In my experience with text (which isn't much!) is that texts happen nearly instantly except NYE where they fail or get delayed.

Just been watching Nicola on the FB Q&A and to be honest it again raises a lot more questions than it answered for me. The one that stuck out was the single vehicle out of the other 3 that had no business being there (my guess is the other 2 were delivery vehicles for the shops). This car? is the key yet Nicola didn't want to discuss it at all because investigations continue?

Another was that she has NOT viewed any of the CCTV personally. I'm sure on multiple occasions she has said on FB she has....?

Anyone else pick up on anything?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 13 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  bluebell Wed 28 Dec 2016, 9:14 pm

I followed it secondhand via a poster giving main points.  If it is possible I'd like to follow it in real time.
This one car that had no business being there is very strange.
I do wonder why it hasn't been traced and eliminated, maybe RAF/USAF related?

I also understood N had viewed CCTV, so again her denial is at odds with reports.  That CCTV of him in Hughes doorway bothers me rather, not clear what happened for 2 hours there.

Must try and read the all the q & a if I can, though no further forward it seems.

eta- something else that I felt came across was that the family are no more knowledgeable of the investigation than the general public.
Uncle T's reports appeared to suggest the were kept in the loop imo, but I'd think being closely involved doesn't mean being kept intimately informed. Perhaps this is where the dissatisfaction with the police stems from? Just my thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 28 Dec 2016, 9:55 pm

Just watched it. Found it a bit distracting. She covered a lot of points about the bin lorry, search of the horseshoe etc towards the end there were loads of people asking about a Chadia who was trying to contact Nic. I looked at the profile and although the person who is female has posts about Corrie ie Missing Posters etc there isn't anything to say they have any intel. Nic didn't acknowledge any of the messages about her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:57 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38457221

Missing airman Corrie Mckeague is a "social hand grenade" who would get into a stranger's car and put himself at risk, his mother has said.
Nicola Urquhart's question and answer session on Facebook Live was viewed by more than 33,000 people.
Her son has been missing since disappearing after a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.
Mrs Urquhart said she wants a man seen walking along Cornhill Walk in the town at 03:35 BST to be identified.
What do we know about Corrie Mckeague's disappearance?
During the 90-minute live video call, Mrs Urquhart answered questions about her 23-year-old son and the police investigation.
She explained how four vehicles had entered the "horseshoe" area where Mr Mckeague was last seen and that she believes one of them did not have a legitimate reason for being there.

Corrie Mckeague, 23, went missing after a night out in Bury St Edmunds
Mrs Urquhart, who was speaking from her home in Dunfermline, Scotland, also said three men had set fire to a vehicle not far from the site the next day, which she thought was "highly suspicious".
She said it was "imperative" for six more people who have been spotted on CCTV to be identified.
Mr Mckeague, a gunner at RAF Honington, was last seen on security camera walking alone at about 03:25 BST.
Live: Corrie Mckeague Facebook chat watched by 33k people
Describing her son, who is one of three brothers, Mrs Urquhart said: "He's not so much a social butterfly, more a social hand grenade who absolutely lives for the moment.
"He will make choices and decisions that are sometimes reckless that other people might not.
"Would he get into a stranger's car? Yes. Would he go to a stranger's house that he's never met before that he's met on a social dating site? Yes.
"He would put himself at risk because Corrie believed he could handle himself."
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 29 Dec 2016, 12:04 pm

It seems more appropriate to say that a young woman took risks by going off with strangers, simply because she may be physically less likely to be able to deal with a situation that turned nasty.

Perhaps that's just me though.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 6:07 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 29 Dec 2016, 6:21 pm

Andrew wrote:A bit more on this 'social hand grenade' stuff from the DM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4074018/Mother-missing-RAF-man-admits-social-hand-grenade.html

I would still like to hear from his colleagues or acquaintances as to their opinion of Corrie.

It is so sad, but virtually impossible for family to be objective of his lifestyle and/or possible actions.
I do think that searches of his possible back to base route by foot should be searched, as I continue to think he has met with an simple, but ultimately fatal accident.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 7:20 pm

I feel a bit out of touch with all the Corrie stuff of late as for a while now I've not been able to access the FB page.

I was hoping someone somewhere would post up the whole Q and A transcript from the other day as I was quite intrigued to see the responses in a 'live' environment as it were.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 29 Dec 2016, 7:33 pm

Andrew wrote:I feel a bit out of touch with all the Corrie stuff of late as for a while now I've not been able to access the FB page.

I was hoping someone somewhere would post up the whole Q and A transcript from the other day as I was quite intrigued to see the responses in a 'live' environment as it were.

It was very long Andrew. About 80 mins. Lots of questions scrolling past. Nic tried to answer some.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 7:52 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Andrew wrote:I feel a bit out of touch with all the Corrie stuff of late as for a while now I've not been able to access the FB page.

It was very long Andrew. About 80 mins. Lots of questions scrolling past. Nic tried to answer some.

Ah right, thanks Chirps. I seem to recall she did something similar a while back where posters were firing questions up on the FB homepage and then she would come along and answer some (or not).

I'm not sure why but I was thinking this was something a lot different. Like a recording or something where she is on camera answering questions coming through on a livefeed or something... scratch

Told you I was a bit out of touch with it. study
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:16 pm

You are correct Andrew, She was 'live' on f/b. May be doing another. If I can work it out I will post it here (don't hold your breath though !)

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:30 pm

Yes it does.... cheers

Many thanks, bluebell.

20 mins so is there some more to come... Will watch it a bit later on this eve.

ETA - Just seen Chirpy has posted some links as well
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:32 pm

Your second link Chirpy is about 49 mins long so assume that's all of it then (after the first 19/20 min bit).....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:35 pm

I would be very interested in your thoughts after watching it all Andrew. bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:40 pm

bluebell wrote:I would be very interested in your thoughts after watching it all Andrew.          bounce

Okey dokey. Have you managed to watch it all yet, bluebell?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:43 pm

Andrew wrote:Your second link Chirpy is about 49 mins long so assume that's all of it then (after the first 19/20 min bit).....

Might be Andrew. I watched it then ut seemed to break down. I clicked a different link and it seemed to be different stuff. Not got time to check.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Thu 29 Dec 2016, 8:58 pm

Andrew wrote:
bluebell wrote:I would be very interested in your thoughts after watching it all Andrew.          bounce

Okey dokey. Have you managed to watch it all yet, bluebell?

Yep. IMO raises more questions than it answers though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:46 pm

Finished watching the first link (first 20 mins) and the only thing of note is more questions (again).

Firstly and I genuinely can't remember this... Have the police actually publicly stated that it's impossible to leave the Horseshoe area on foot without being captured on CCTV? I may have asked this before but we hear it a lot from Nicola/Tony etc but have the Police definitely confirmed this?

She mentions about waiting for results/tests to come through on whether a phone would actually work in the bin lorry.... Are these independent tests or police approved tests and why such a long time? Surely that's an easy enough test to prove/disprove almost immediately.. scratch

She mentions that it's impossible for the police to access any of the content from messages sent from Corrie's phone... (I know we've touched upon this is in the past) but in the world today and the technology we have then we can't even read someone else's messages... really?

A mention of a place called 'focus 12' in the horseshoe area. A Drug and Rehabilitation centre which is the only place that is accessible (I think she said). I've never once heard about that myself? scratch

... Just some of the bits that I picked up on.

I think I'll leave the other part for another day.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Roadrunner64 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 2:04 am

bluebell wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4074018/Mother-missing-RAF-man-admits-social-hand-grenade.html

I would still like to hear from his colleagues or acquaintances as to their opinion of Corrie.

It is so sad, but virtually impossible for family to be objective of his lifestyle and/or possible actions.
I do think that searches of his possible back to base route by foot should be searched, as I continue to think he has met with an simple, but ultimately fatal accident.

I'm with you on this one, Bluebell. We have no idea what he USUALLY did on nights out, only what his mum tells us
No-one from his social circle, military or civilian, has said a thing. Nor have I seen anything from witnesses on a busy Friday night. If he was so lairy you'd expect a number of people to be getting their 15 minutes of fame to tell their story. Seems odd to me ....

Roadrunner64

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 30 Dec 2016, 6:47 am

Andrew wrote:Finished watching the first link (first 20 mins) and the only thing of note is more questions (again).

Firstly and I genuinely can't remember this... Have the police actually publicly stated that it's impossible to leave the Horseshoe area on foot without being captured on CCTV? I may have asked this before but we hear it a lot from Nicola/Tony etc but have the Police definitely confirmed this?

She mentions about waiting for results/tests to come through on whether a phone would actually work in the bin lorry.... Are these independent tests or police approved tests and why such a long time? Surely that's an easy enough test to prove/disprove almost immediately..  scratch

She mentions that it's impossible for the police to access any of the content from messages sent from Corrie's phone... (I know we've touched upon this is in the past) but in the world today and the technology we have then we can't even read someone else's messages... really?

A mention of a place called 'focus 12' in the horseshoe area. A Drug and Rehabilitation centre which is the only place that is accessible (I think she said). I've never once heard about that myself?  scratch

... Just some of the bits that I picked up on.

I think I'll leave the other part for another day.

Not sure if the police have corroborated that Andrew. I think Nic says the tests on the phone will not be scientific but will give a good idea. The uncle first mentioned the centre some time ago.
Personally I think Nic would be better to make a list of the most common questions then answer them on a link with comments switched off. She was a bit like a rabbit in the headlights trying to read questions live. Also, whilst well meaning, there was a lot of chatter from people being supportive, that cluttered up the feed.
I'm not sure if she even saw all the messages saying someone was trying to contact her at the end of the 2nd part. Important stuff could get lost.
I have to say she was very brave.
I agree it is hard to be objective and what young lad tells his mum everything?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 30 Dec 2016, 9:04 am

I genuinely can't recall if the Police have corroborated that or not (cctv) and if not why not... scratch

I didn't realise Uncle Tony has mentioned the drug/rehab/hostel place before. Must've missed that in the past.

She was very brave indeed and of course young lads don't tell there Mums much at all. Certainly not 'personal' stuff.

Will try and watch the rest later on today if get chance.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 30 Dec 2016, 9:06 am

Roadrunner64 wrote:
bluebell wrote:

I'm with you on this one, Bluebell.  We have no idea what he USUALLY did on nights out, only what his mum tells us
 No-one from his social circle, military or civilian, has said a thing.  Nor have I seen anything from witnesses on a busy Friday night.  If he was so lairy you'd expect a number of people to be getting their 15 minutes of fame to tell their story.  Seems odd to me ....

Welcome, Roadrunner. Good points and very odd to me as well.... scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 30 Dec 2016, 1:24 pm

\"Roadrunner64 wrote:   < snipped >.

I'm with you on this one, Bluebell.  We have no idea what he USUALLY did on nights out, only what his mum tells us
 No-one from his social circle, military or civilian, has said a thing.  Nor have I seen anything from witnesses on a busy Friday night.  If he was so lairy you'd expect a number of people to be getting their 15 minutes of fame to tell their story.  Seems odd to me ....

---------

Welcome Roadrunner64.  I have been pondering on this (bothers me a lot) and I'm wondering if, because C's disappearance hasn't really made national news yet, journalists haven't been much involved and it would probably be they that start asking friends, public etc. for comments.

Perhaps once it starts to become 'more interesting' for newspapers to write about journalists may get down to Bury and we shall get a bit more background.   He does sound like a person who would stand out.

At present it seems Facebook and a couple of local papers covering it.  Does this sound reasonable?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next