MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+13
Bampots
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Andrew
Mimi
Roadrunner64
Guinea Pig
Châtelaine
chirpyinsect
PMR
chrissie
unreorganised
Freedom
17 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 21 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm

He probably forgot where he parked his car. I've done that a few times when I was his age after a skinful.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 21 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:00 pm

The party-loving Scot, described by mum Nicola as “not so much a social butterfly but a social hand grenade”, spent the early part of the evening of Friday, September 23 at his RAF Honington base drinking in a colleague’s room with seven others. At 9pm the group decided to head into Bury St Edmunds, nine miles away, but accidentally left Corrie behind when he went to feed his seven-month-old French bulldog puppy, Louelle, in his room. Corrie drove his prized BMW Z4 sports car into town, arriving at 10pm and parking in a disabled bay opposite a Waitrose store

So this is the first I'd heard he had been drinking before he went to BSE. I presume the 2 lads who were elected to drive remained sober but I'm sure Corrie had a couple because he didn't think he was going to be driving.
Then he had nearly an hour in his car drinking vodka, then a couple of pubs and the club. I'm surprised he was able to stand but what do I know about a fit young man's capacity?

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:01 pm

Freedom wrote:I don't think I knew that Corrie had driven into town so, if that is true, why the story that he set out to walk all the way back? Yes, I'm sure that he wasn't fit to drive but that didn't stop him on the outward journey and parking in a disabled bay too!

It has been known for a long time he drove in himself and the reason we have been given is there was a mix up at the base with his mates as to which of his mates cars he was in (there were two cars)

I personally find it unlikely 8 of them would drive to town in two cars and then leave them overnight to then have to get a taxi back early the next day (still drunk?) before parking charges kicked in. With 8 people it would have only cost a few pounds each to get a taxi each way. Also find it unlikely there would be 2 mates willing to be designated drivers if they drove back....

The family have "managed" his image around this and other things about his life hence why there are so many different explanations and things not adding up. If a crime has been perpetrated against Corrie then none of these things matter so why not just lay it all out from the off instead of giving half-truths?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm

But wait. If there were 8 of them that's 4 per car so how could there have been confusion over each of them thinking he was in the other car? One car would only have 3 bods in it and surely they would automatically realise Corrie wasn't with them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm

Was it ever said if the RAF lads drove back or not?

I differ with you slightly there as when I was young, we'd often take it in turns being a designated driver and one of the lads rarely drank anyway so he'd be ferrying us all about.

Can we clarify if any of the RAF lads saw Corrie after they left him behind?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

It's a load of cock and bull, Chirps.

Do we even know if he was actually drinking with them beforehand.

Whichever way it looks like the RAF lads didn't want him around. No phone calls to see where he's at, no arranging to meet at such and such.

He probably gatecrashed the RAF lads get together, had a few beers and invited himself into town with them. And they just left without him anyway.

That's the way I see it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 14 Jan 2017, 5:57 pm

@Chirpy

I find it difficult to imagine they didn't realise Corrie wasn't with them but for a different reason. If they were all in one mates room then when the decision was made go into Bury then it only makes sense they all left together at the same time (with Corrie then going to feed his puppy). Seems more like after Corrie left to feed his puppy they ditched him and then Corrie drove in himself but then he spent 45 minutes in the car drinking more and speaking to brother.

@Andrew

Not confirmed which they did. Nicola has said they would either have a designated driver or get a taxi back. In this case they would have to have had two designated drivers or if all were drinking then two would have to have returned a few hours later to collect the cars. A lot of hassle and extra cost to my mind.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:19 pm

https://www.facebook.com/FillYourBootz/posts/656121327896548

Mentions Corrie had been having problems with depression by Uncle T.    That is far, far, from the "happy Corrie" picture his mother
insists on presenting. Was she in denial or did he hide all from her ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:55 pm

Now why didn't they just come out and say that from the beginning...

So maybe that poster from Reddit was bang on about the treatment for mental health issues and the substance abuse as well.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 15 Jan 2017, 7:03 am

bluebell wrote:https://www.facebook.com/FillYourBootz/posts/656121327896548

Mentions Corrie had been having problems with depression by Uncle T.    That is far, far, from the "happy Corrie" picture his mother
insists on presenting.   Was she in denial or did he hide all from her ?
Yes and no denial by uncle T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 10:13 am

It was uncle T who wrote it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:06 am

I seem to recall in the early days there was some reports from 2 witnesses who saw and spoke to Corrie before or after his little kip in the doorway and said he was crying... This got rebuffed quickly by the family and I also seem to recall that the conversations between witnesses and Corrie was kept private and not been released for whatever reason.

Can anyone else recall / confirm this....

Thanks.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:11 am

Andrew wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
bluebell wrote:https://www.facebook.com/FillYourBootz/posts/656121327896548

insists on presenting.   Was she in denial or did he hide all from her ?
 Yes and no denial by uncle T.

....It was uncle T who wrote it.
Ah sorry. I didn't appreciate that. So why no mention of it elsewhere? Have they been trying to sanitize C to steer attention away from possible AWOL?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:23 am

I suppose if they mentioned about the depression from the off then the public would just automatically think he's gone off and topped himself and the awareness / profile of it all would be nothing like it is now.

But I'm starting to think that maybe that is what he's done.

Last edited by Andrew on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:28 am

Andrew wrote:I seem to recall in the early days there was some reports from 2 witnesses who saw and spoke to Corrie before or after his little kip in the doorway and said he was crying... This got rebuffed quickly by the family and I also seem to recall that the conversations between witnesses and Corrie was kept private and not been released for whatever reason.

Thanks.

I know more recently there has been talk about the CCTV of Corrie hasn't been shown because it is too distressing or he was crying. It has since been said that it was a suggestion by someone on the FB group as to why it hadn't been shown and then became fact? I'm pretty sure the Police said at least one person talked to Corrie while he was in the doorway and I think they had been talked to. The wording here stands out to me, though...'at least one' is weird. If two or three or more why not just say how many? Could it be that at least one of these remaining people sought on CCTV is another person that possibly spent some time talking to Corrie and he was possibly crying or visibly upset?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:48 am

I don't think I knew that then about there being actual CCTV footage of him in the doorway/sleeping episode? Has this been confirmed by the Police and/or the family?

Too distressing in releasing it when you're trying to find answers? Was he in an embarrassing tryst with another chap or something?

I reckon if the family told the absolute whole truth from the off, warts and all, then this would be solved by now.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 15 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

It has been said by the family there is footage of Corrie in the doorway. The Police haven't confirmed it but then they haven't confirmed much of anything....

My speculation, but think there would be CCTV from within the Hughes shop itself that shows Corrie in the doorway too.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 12:42 pm

Corrie is seen going in to the doorway of Hughes electrical he eats his food and falls asleep. This is seen on CCTV (unreleased).

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/how-do-you-know-corrie-slept-for-2-hours/

Yes, it is seen on CCTV a member of the public checks on Corrie

http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/does-anyone-check-on-corrie-while-he-is-sleeping/

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Benevolent Sun 15 Jan 2017, 1:35 pm

I've not been following this case for long so this might be a silly question but did they find his car ??
Benevolent
Benevolent

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:00 pm

Benevolent wrote:I've not been following this case for long so this might be a silly question but did they find his car ??

It was found where he had parked it on Robert Boby Way (on street parking in a disabled bay)
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Benevolent Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:09 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Benevolent wrote:I've not been following this case for long so this might be a silly question but did they find his car ??

It was found where he had parked it on Robert Boby Way (on street parking in a disabled bay)

Thanks TTWO Smile
Benevolent
Benevolent

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sun 15 Jan 2017, 2:38 pm

I feel so sad for the poor lad. No idea what has happened to him now. Mostly I thought drunk young chap attempting to walk back to base, confused, tired, most likely suffering hypothermia, stumbled, fallen on the way and sadly deceased by misadventure.

I read the rumours and chatter elsewhere about his 'other lifestyle' but it didn't seem relevant to me. I did think his mother buying his car, his phone and passport appeared a bit controlling/smothering, after all he's 23 and in the RAF for goodness sake surely he's grown up enough to take care of himself?

I think the facebook site is astonishing in a frightening kind of way, almost an social media monster imo.
I hope he is found safe and well, but am not confident in that result. Just hope for the best.

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 21 Empty Re:The Mystery of Corrie McKeague.

Post  costello Sun 15 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm

Andrew wrote:I seem to recall in the early days there was some reports from 2 witnesses who saw and spoke to Corrie before or after his little kip in the doorway and said he was crying... This got rebuffed quickly by the family and I also seem to recall that the conversations between witnesses and Corrie was kept private and not been released for whatever reason.

Thanks.

I'm sure I have read (maybe Reddit) that two or three people stopped to check on Corrie while he was in the doorway Andrew. I'll have another look. It may have been in the Mail link up thread, not sure.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 21 Empty Re:The Mystery of Corrie McKeague.

Post  costello Sun 15 Jan 2017, 6:23 pm

This could be interesting if correct:

[–]greenfilestripe 4 points 18 hours ago
Also explains the puppy.
permalinkembedparent
[–]Plodon 5 points 17 hours ago
It does. I also read that if people are struggling they are allowed a pet in quarters.
permalinkembedparent

I hope this is allowed,I copied from Reddit. I have to say I was a bit surprised that a serviceman was allowed a pet in their quarters.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 15 Jan 2017, 9:27 pm

Not sure about the whole dog thing myself. If Corrie was this social party animal 'hand grenade' or whatever and was regularly on dating sites (so probably spending nights away), then a dog (puppy?) was pretty irresponsible.

I also read somewhere (forgot where) that it actually appeared to be okay to have domestic pets in RAF headquarters as long as they were well looked after etc.

If he was lonely and depressed then I suppose getting a pet was probably something someone advised. In the grand scheme, it doesn't really matter, but I wonder where he got the dog from? Did he buy it, choose it himself or was it a present from someone? Can't remember if that was ever disclosed?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next