MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

+31
Bloodhound
TheTruthWillOut
PMR
dannii
coppernob
Heisenburg
chilli
poster
froggy
Châtelaine
wjk
unreorganised
Bampots
gbwales
Satsuma
Mo
Helenmeg
Admin
espeland
Mimi
dogs don't lie
Inca
Benevolent
Poe
chrissie
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
bluebell
AndyB
costello
Andrew
35 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 4 Empty Re: McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

Post  gbwales Tue 31 Jan 2017, 5:49 pm

Truly wonderful news. Absolutely delighted for Dr Amaral. cheers
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 4 Empty Re: McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!! GONCALO WINS 31/01/17 in Supreme Court

Post  candyfloss Tue 31 Jan 2017, 5:54 pm

PAT BROWN
‏@ProfilerPatB

Congratulations, Gonçalo! #madeleinemccann #maddiemccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 31 Jan 2017, 5:59 pm

Does this mean the McCanns have to pay us back the money we all donated to Gonçales legal fund? ....thought not.....but on a serious note surely we have reached the Rubicon in this case? 

Well done, now justice for Madeleine?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:06 pm

I can't find the words.

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 4 Frog10

So I'll just post this instead.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:13 pm

Is that the bottom of the Rubicon??

Bampots

Back to top Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 4 Empty Re:The McCanns lose their appeal here.

Post  costello Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm

Poe wrote:Given the recent case of the Portuguese journalist who won the right to freedom of expression at the European Court of Human Rights (Link to thread: https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1688-portuguese-journalist-wins-landmark-case-over-freedom-of-expression )  an appeal to the ECHR would be both expensive and futile but the McCanns might just be insane enough to try it.

There have been so many "false dawns" in this case that, I don't now about the rest of you but, I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that it's over and Sr Amaral has been vindicated.

I don't think it is over Poe, I think this might just go on for a bit longer. I hope I am wrong here but I do forsee the McCanns starting a new life in another country. I also believe that Dr. Amaral will be vindicated and allowed to publish his book/s. However sadly to say I honestly can't see the McCanns being brought to justice. My faith remains with the PJ and always has. I live in hope.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:19 pm

I agree with you Costello!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:25 pm

AnnaEsse ‏@AnnaEsse · 4m4 minutes ago

Força Gonçalo. What say the #McCann PR people now http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/justice-has-prevailed-kate-and-gerry.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm

From the Official Find Madeleine FB page.

Statement from Gerry and Kate McCann Regarding Portuguese Supreme Court Ruling

What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.

It is eight years since we brought the action and in that time the landscape has dramatically changed, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police-Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we've always wanted.

The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to physical harm.

We will, of course, be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.

Gerry and Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:37 pm

Just want to say great news. It must feel wonderful for GA to have this burden lifted. Cheers everyone!

Let's remember the mysterious disappearance of Madeleine while we celebrate.

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:46 pm

Fabulous news!! cheers cheers
Well done Dr Amaral cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:47 pm

Bampots wrote:Is that the bottom of the Rubicon??

About that. I think you're supposed to cross the Rubicon - merely reaching it is of no significance.

So you were probably right on the first place.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:48 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
The police in both countries continue to work on the basis that there is no evidence that Madeleine has come to physical harm.

Whatever, you poor deluded saps.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:56 pm

Oh, joy! Oh, happiness! Perhaps all is not corrupt after all!

And how interesting is this? Snipped fron Gerard Couzens' MailOnline report supplied by Andrew on Page2:

"Portuguese prosecutors reopened their probe into Madeleine McCann's disappearance in May 2014, and are now working in close coordination with Scotland Yard's scaled-down Operation Grange probe into the youngster's fate."

If true, whatever is next? Was this the moment they've been waiting for? If nothing else, does this mean the Portuguese investigation has been alive and well after all this time after all? The hair et al? Or will we see the Mcs heading to the airport tout suite?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:56 pm

unreorganised wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

Yes, agree @unreorganised. What a ridiculous assertion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 31 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm

unreorganised wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:

And still they spin and bluster. And the PJ told them this when?

Back to top Go down

McCANNS LOSE THEIR APPEAL!!  GONCALO WINS  31/01/17  in Supreme Court  - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns lose their appeal! Goncalo wins 31/01/17 in Supreme Court.

Post  costello Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm

Bampots wrote:
costello wrote:
Poe wrote:Given the recent case of the Portuguese journalist who won the right to freedom of expression at the European Court of Human Rights (Link to thread: https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1688-portuguese-journalist-wins-landmark-case-over-freedom-of-expression )  an appeal to the ECHR would be both expensive and futile but the McCanns might just be insane enough to try it.

There have been so many "false dawns" in this case that, I don't now about the rest of you but, I'm finding it difficult to wrap my head around the fact that it's over and Sr Amaral has been vindicated.

I don't think it is over Poe, I think this might just go on for a bit longer. I hope I am wrong here but I do forsee the McCanns starting a new life in another country. I also believe that Dr. Amaral will be vindicated and allowed to publish his book/s. However sadly to say I honestly can't see the McCanns being brought to justice. My faith remains with the PJ and always has. I live in hope.

I agree with you Costello!

I can't see it ending any other way my friend. We do seem to think alike.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:03 pm

Now, which country doesn't have an extradiction treaty with the UK? Brazil?
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:10 pm

Sorry - cant post my picture
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:15 pm

That £490,000+ of the fraudulent fund which they invested should just about cover their legal fees.

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:18 pm

What are the consequences of this - apart from the obvious?

A massive load off GA's shoulders and no financial burden

So he can publish his books with freedom now?
What about the Mc Canns. Obviously they have a massive bill.
And they know that Amaral will continue to publish ...

Just trying to work out what it actually means for both parties.,.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:21 pm

What would happen if they refused to pay the legal costs?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:21 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Now, which country doesn't have an extradiction treaty with the UK? Brazil?
Barbados.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

For those who don't believe that the powers that be are up to there necks in this.....when Brenda was falsely accused of trolling ,Sky news ran 24 hr coverage and doorstepped her....now virtually a few seconds and as for Martin Crunt on this hugely important day ....well he has appeared on Sky today.....talking about how much cash was lost in the Hatton Garden robbery!!! There you go.......

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:35 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:From the Official Find Madeleine FB page.

Statement from Gerry and Kate McCann Regarding Portuguese Supreme Court Ruling

What we have been told by our lawyers is obviously extremely disappointing.

It is eight years since we brought the action and in that time the landscape has dramatically changed, namely there is now a joint Metropolitan Police-Policia Judiciaria investigation which is what we've always wanted.

We will, of course, be discussing the implications of the Supreme Court ruling with our lawyers in due course.

Gerry and Kate

Amazing news!!

Note in the above statement, yet another lie from the gruesome twosome. There was evidence she came to harm - the cadaver scents for a start. And if it is true that there is no evidence that she came to harm, then Dr Amaral's book would be libellous. In his opinion, Madeleine died but apparently KM thinks that does not amount to evidence that Madeleine came to any harm....... confused

This will hurt the McCanns in the most sensitive places ever as far as they are concerned:

But a source close to the long-running case said this afternoon the decision had gone against the McCanns and they would now face a massive legal bill.

And Portuguese newspapers also reported the country's Supreme Court had ruled against their new bid to try to silence Amaral's claims.

The decision would be a major milestone in Gerry and Kate McCann's eight-year fight over a book written by Amaral, who led the initial hunt when then-three-year-old Madeleine vanished from their Algarve holiday apartment in May 2007.

The McCanns will now have to pay him 500,000 euros (£430,00) plus interest if they have lost the case as Portuguese papers are reporting.

The money is expected to come from the Find Madeleine Fund.

Last edited by poster on Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next