MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrorist attacks in France

+22
Hellsbells
Cristobell
espeland
Dee Coy
Châtelaine
Walt
dogs don't lie
Mimi
hicks
Thetruth
Lioned
PMR
Andrew
Marky
saloongirl
candyfloss
Ignored
bluebell
chirpyinsect
wjk
Freedom
Bampots
26 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Terrorist attacks in France - Page 4 Empty Re: Terrorist attacks in France

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 9:52 am

BBC News, Paris

Posted at 09:50

reports: "It's a dramatic scene. The area around Dammartin is rapidly filling up with thousands of French police and anti-terror forces. Several puma helicopters are hovering over the area, hundreds of police cars and armoured vehicles have arrived."

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:17 am

Police appear to be at containment stage of this operation. one thing staggering me, Sky News speaking to a former head of SY hostage negotiation team and now to an expert on these siege situations.
No thought given to the suspects having mobile phones, access to internet and the media and all the strategy and tactics of the French police and special forces regarding this dangerous endgame situation.

Unbelievable and I am not surprised that a police officer was angrily telling media to get back behind cordons earlier. Their helicopters are hovering in the air no doubt close to the police and military ones.

And here is Kay Burley saying they are abiding by police requests not to film and show police positions.
After talking through the fine details of the police tactics with a couple of experts.

The suspects have iirc correctly stolen gasoline from a petrol station. Let hope that this does not end in a literal blaze of glory if there are hostages.
This holing up in a building with the police at the scene suggests the classic ending of this type of dangerous situation. I doubt the brothers will emerge alive as the police would wish. I just hope that there are only 2 deaths at the end of this. They will be ready to be martyrs for their cause of that I am sure.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:21 am

Russian Doll wrote:
 Police appear to be at containment stage of this operation. one thing staggering me, Sky News speaking to a former head of SY hostage negotiation team and now to an expert on these siege situations.
 No thought given to the suspects having mobile phones, access to internet and the media and all the strategy and tactics of the French police  and special forces regarding this dangerous endgame situation.

Unbelievable and I am not surprised that a police officer was angrily telling media to get back behind cordons earlier. Their helicopters are hovering in the air no doubt  close to the police and military ones.

And here is Kay Burley saying they are abiding by police requests not to film and show police positions.
After talking through the fine details of the police tactics with a couple of experts.

The suspects have iirc correctly stolen gasoline from a petrol station. Let hope that this does not end in a literal blaze of glory if there are hostages.
This holing up in a building with the police at the scene suggests the classic ending of this type of dangerous situation. I doubt the brothers will emerge alive as the police would wish. I just hope that there are only 2 deaths at the end of this. They will be ready to be martyrs for their cause of that I am sure.

The Paris correspondent for The Guardian Angelique Chrisafis tweets: Yves Albarello, UMP MP for Seine-et-Marne has told @itele: "the two fugitives declared they wanted to die as martyrs

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:29 am

The Guardian web site now showing a photo of a police sniper on a roof of a building in the area... and Sky now showing this live... after Kay said they were abiding by police requests not to divulge whereabouts of the officers !

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP.

Will the pair kill themselves or choose to die in a hail of police gunfire? I am thinking the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:01 am

Chris Morris

BBC News, near Dammartin-en-Goele

Posted at 10:39

reports that French media sources say police have made contact with the two suspects, who are quoted as saying they are prepared "to die through martyrdom".

Posted at 10:43

The siege is taking place at a CPT printing company building in an industrial zone in the town of Dammartin-en-Goele.

Terrorist attacks in France - Page 4 _80157169_2ee28ab6-0628-4895-b5d2-da24a43701e8

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

11:17
French police are standing guard outside the Paris headquarters of the Liberation paper, which is now housing the remaining staff of Charlie Hebdo magazine. Terrorist attacks in France - Page 4 _80157171_9c8b81a1-69b8-4d29-a8fe-b378c80643a4

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:21 am

Jon Williams, Foreign editor @ABC

@WilliamsJon

Posted at
tweets: 200 kids aged 3-10 locked inside Henry Dunant elementary school, 500 yards from siege. Principal says pupils singing songs to keep calm.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:26 am

candyfloss wrote:

Jon Williams, Foreign editor @ABC

@WilliamsJon

Posted at
tweets: 200 kids aged 3-10 locked inside Henry Dunant elementary school, 500 yards from siege. Principal says pupils singing songs to keep calm.

Poor children Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:32 am

Russian Doll wrote:

YOU COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP.

I once knew a girl who was really angry that her boyfriend had cheated on her. I gave her a shoulder to cry on and she said she'd never go back to him.

But she did, and the same thing happened again. Again, I gave her a shoulder to cry on and she said she'd never go back to him.

But she did, etc, etc ad infinitum.

I later went and shook hands with the love rat and asked for his advice and expressed my admiration for him. He gave me a mantra by which to live.

The moral of the story being that, if I do get the chance to join the so-called illuminati, I'll definitely take it. These people are very clever and I've got so much in common with them; whereas I've got nothing in common with the so called 'people', the ignorant masses.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:35 am

11:31
Alfred de Montesquiou, a journalist for Paris Match magazine who is at the scene, tells the BBC World Service programme Outside Source: "It's raining heavily but it's just extremely tense. Ambulances are arriving at the location. So is that pre-emptive or is that because there are injured? I don't know."

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:39 am

11:35
There have been unconfirmed media reports that the hostage involved in the siege is a woman.

[*]
Posted at 11:34
French police say there is a "connection" between a suspect identified in a fatal policewoman shooting south of Paris on Thursday and the two brothers suspected of attacking Charlie Hebdo magazine, according to the AFP news agency

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:40 am

Russian Doll wrote:
 No thought given to the suspects having mobile phones, access to internet and the media and all the strategy and tactics of the French police  and special forces regarding this dangerous endgame situation.

Unbelievable and I am not surprised that a police officer was angrily telling media to get back behind cordons earlier. Their helicopters are hovering in the air no doubt  close to the police and military ones.

I was in Glasgow the day that they were trying to rescue people from the wreckage of the Clutha pub. The Sky helicopter was actually interfering with the work of the Search and Rescue helicopter.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:02 pm

11:55
Audrey Taupenas, spokeswoman for the town of Dammartin-en-Goele, has told the Associated Press that officials have established phone contact with the suspects in order to negotiate the safe evacuation of a nearby school. She said the suspects had agreed.

11:54
Officials from the town council say pupils from three schools are being evacuated from their buildings in Dammartin-en-Goele.
The children are to be reunited with their parents at a nearby gymnasium.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:03 pm

Hostage a male, but they don't kill civilians??

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:11 pm

tweets: Dammartin town hall confirms to BBC one hostage has been taken at CTD (printing complex)

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:28 pm

Briefly had sky on,M Brunt is out there,I wonder if he'll doorstep them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

13:06
Les négociateurs tentent d'établir le contact
Les autorités ont confirmé, sur place, que les deux preneurs d'otage étaient, avec une «quasi certitude», les deux frères Kouachi. «Nous ne pouvons vous confirmer pour le moment qu'il y ait un otage. Les équipes vont tenter d'établir un contact, la priorité est d'établir un dialogue» avec les preneurs d'otage. «Cela peut prendre du temps, plusieurs heures.»

Le Figaro.....trying to make contact, probably is the two brothers inside. We cannot confirm there is a hostage. Will take hours yet.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

Assault now atPorte de vIncennes at Paris

Hostages taken.

1pm

Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:38 pm

12:33
Reports are now coming in of a shooting in a Jewish shop in south-eastern Paris.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm

It is a kosher shop on the east of Paris.

I am watching here. ... http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2015/01/08/01016-20150108LIVWWW00308-en-direct-Charlie-Hebdo-traque-freres-kouachi-attentat.php#134419

Best for live news, no froth. Imo
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 12:55 pm

12:43
French media say a hostage has been taken at the Jewish shop at Porte de Vincennes in Paris. There are suggestions that the gunman may be the one who shot dead a policewoman on Thursday. Police are now evacuating the area.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:07 pm

12:58
Reports suggest that several hostages, including women and children, may have been taken in a Jewish shop in eastern Paris.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:20 pm

Thetruth wrote:It is a kosher shop on the east of Paris.

I am watching here. ...   http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2015/01/08/01016-20150108LIVWWW00308-en-direct-Charlie-Hebdo-traque-freres-kouachi-attentat.php#134419

Best for live news, no froth. Imo

I might post this twice...browser iis confused.
O wait, supermarkets sell halal meat but no kosher meat and groceries. So kosher shops are easy enough to single out. 

Thanks for the link.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:25 pm

Two dead. Confirmed.

Probably civilians, imo.

Place is seething with CRS, periph closed.

Press warned once again regarding the detailed information they diffuse without reflection.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

Apart from the two hostage situations, thèy hunting two other people, both named, one a woman of 26 years.
Thetruth
Thetruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next