MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

+20
Freedom
gbwales
dandaar
Satsuma
Mimi
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
hesla
espeland
Popcorn
Mo
Bampots
costello
TheTruthWillOut
Poe
froggy
Antonia
candyfloss
dogs don't lie
seahorse
24 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

Post  Satsuma Mon 02 May 2016, 8:18 pm

froggy wrote: As a journalist it sounds just the sort of thing you could do a grand expose on - headlines in a National - maybe make your name.

Bad luck froggy, what an own goal you scored there. I correctly posed questions  about the sanity of sharing personal info with persons unknown just before the Daily Mail doorstepping story broke. One nil to me. Now back on topic
It's May 3rd tomorrow. Is anyone doing the reconstruction of the last photo  or are we going to go round and round in circles for another year?
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund???

Post  froggy Mon 02 May 2016, 8:40 pm

Satsuma wrote:
froggy wrote: As a journalist it sounds just the sort of thing you could do a grand expose on - headlines in a National - maybe make your name.

Bad luck froggy, what an own goal you scored there. I correctly posed questions  about the sanity of sharing personal info with persons unknown just before the Daily Mail doorstepping story broke. One nil to me. Now back on topic
It's May 3rd tomorrow. Is anyone doing the reconstruction of the last photo  or are we going to go round and round in circles for another year?

What on earth are you talking about ? Why should I be bothered about people being doorstepped?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar Mon 02 May 2016, 9:10 pm

Satsuma wrote:

Sats gets told to button it over there and comes right over here and starts the same bollocks!
Playground shadows,last photo and gobbledegook.

Last edited by dandaar on Mon 02 May 2016, 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
dandaar
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 02 May 2016, 9:12 pm

Froggy, I for one am very concerned at the story of people who contributed to the fund being doorstepped but, until and unless the Mail actually prints a story about it, I am not convinced that it's true.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dandaar Mon 02 May 2016, 9:16 pm

dandaar wrote:
Satsuma wrote:

Sats gets told to button it over there and comes right over here and starts the same bollocks!
dandaar
dandaar

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 4 Empty Daily Mail knocking?

Post  froggy Mon 02 May 2016, 9:16 pm

Freedom wrote:Froggy, I for one am very concerned at the story of people who contributed to the fund being doorstepped but, until and unless the Mail actually prints a story about it, I am not convinced that it's true.

If people sign up by Facebook or twitter, then they only have themselves to blame if they identified.
The trick with internet activity is to disclose as little as possible about your identity and then you won't run into problems.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 02 May 2016, 9:29 pm

Speaking of the 'door knocking' episode.....

Anything come of it at all..... Any news or comments being circulated by those who actually did have their doors knocked...

Or has it all just gone down the toilet.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 02 May 2016, 9:31 pm

All previous posts dated today (prior to Andrew's) transferred from The Last Photo topic.

I agree Froggy that it is not wise to give away too much information online but, if people donating to a fund have been tracked down by a newspaper, it is an absolute disgrace. 

As I have said before, I have yet to be convinced that it has actually happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 02 May 2016, 9:48 pm

A handful of people(do they have connections to one another?) do not a press campaign make! Totally agree freedom.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Tue 03 May 2016, 6:59 am

dandaar wrote:
No, I posted about the  playground photo because Dee Coy wrongly speculated   that I was maff2016, who had been talking about it on the other forum. People with similar views are not necessarily the same person,  you know. In any case I don't think maff2016 is totally correct. Because of my job I bring something  new to the discussion. The last time I posted here I seem to remember that I was warning other members about sharing their personal details via things like the GoFundMe campaign.  Within hours, the story about the Daily Mail doorstepping campaign had broken. Still not convinced?
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 03 May 2016, 7:04 am

I'm convinced!!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 03 May 2016, 9:49 am

We have not yet had confirmation of the story; a handful of people on the Internet saying that they have had visitors as welcome as the plague is not proof.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Tue 03 May 2016, 9:52 am

Satsuma wrote:Because of my job I bring something  new to the discussion.
Are you a farmer, because you seem to bring manure...?
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 03 May 2016, 9:56 am

Well he is a journalist and some of them certainly publish it by the bucketload.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 03 May 2016, 11:34 am

Satsuma wrote:
The last time I posted here I seem to remember that I was warning other members about sharing their personal details via things like the GoFundMe campaign.  Within hours, the story about the Daily Mail doorstepping campaign had broken. Still not convinced?

There was a twitter feed  mentioning the same,strange old world innit.

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 4 Is10
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 03 May 2016, 11:36 am

Freedom wrote:We have not yet had confirmation of the story; a handful of people on the Internet saying that they have had visitors as welcome as the plague is not proof.

I have only seen the one, and mention of others but no names?? It's all gone quiet.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 03 May 2016, 6:06 pm

The same here; only one actual person named and I have to say from what I have heard of her that she doesn't sound the most balanced person in the world.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 7:45 pm

Just another thing that's a bit too weird for my liking.

Plus, it doesn't really add up.

Out of the 'few' that got knocked on... I only heard of the one. And by looking at it, she appears to revel in the attention it created.

Although that quickly ran out of steam.

Most odd indeed.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 03 May 2016, 10:04 pm

costello wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Maybe some of you ladies (the press seem to favour doorstepping older females) should do a bit of knock door run on these "journalists"?

Daily Mail doorstepping contributors to the Amaral fund??? - Page 4 Tumblr_o0m4h7uAPR1ukldkho1_400

Did not see this gif until earlier today, brilliant as ever TTWO.

lol! Hilarious...
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 03 May 2016, 10:44 pm

Sorry.., genuinely, don't know.

Not usually thick.... but can someone explain..

Thanks.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 03 May 2016, 10:50 pm

Does it really matter Andrew they are all disrupters and deserve no quarter!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 13 May 2016, 11:05 pm

It looks as if there was truth in the reports of people being spoken to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3589566/Web-trolls-raise-50-000-Portuguese-policeman-wrote-book-claiming-McCanns-killed-daughter-Madeline.html

On the first quick skim, it's nowhere near as awful as it could have been.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 13 May 2016, 11:17 pm

I am happy to admit that I was wrong in assuming that, if people were questioned, their names would be blackened in the press.

This is a welcome change from the Daily Mail.

Let's hope that this will lead to the floodgates opening and the media saying what they want to about the case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 13 May 2016, 11:22 pm

Well that was a lot better article than I anticipated. Especially as I thought nothing would come of it anyway.

A few discrepancies but overall not bad at all really. Imo.

What's coming next then @ Sat..... Do tell....

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Fri 13 May 2016, 11:23 pm

You may not think their names have been blackened but many of their friends and family will be shocked to see their names and photos plastered all over the Mail. Some of those friends and family will not be sympathetic to their cause, so things will be rather awkward for them in the coming weeks. It's not a triumph but a potentially terrible personal disaster. Yes, an alternative view is being expressed, which is good, but at a personal cost for some individuals
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next