MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

+13
Bampots
bluebell
TheTruthWillOut
Andrew
Mimi
Roadrunner64
Guinea Pig
Châtelaine
chirpyinsect
PMR
chrissie
unreorganised
Freedom
17 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 6 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 12:43 pm

chrissie wrote:Corrie's grandparents offer five figure reward for his return

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2016-12-06/corries-grandparents-offer-five-figure-reward-for-his-return/

I just had a look on the Corrie FB group to see what the family (and others) are saying about the reward. Can't find any reference about it all which I thought was odd scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Mystery of Corrie McKeague - Page 6 Empty Re: The Mystery of Corrie McKeague

Post  chrissie Tue 06 Dec 2016, 1:37 pm

That is very strange Andrew scratch
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:02 pm

The facebook group is his mother and uncle, and they have always said they wouldn't consider offering a reward.
Parents are divorced and I believe the father was also in that clip on tv with the grandparents, so perhaps they may be paternal grandparents?
All I'm trying to say is that I've found it odd that so far the public face of all this has been from his mother.   His father has kept quiet.  Perhaps they are 'not on the same page' about a reward being offered?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:10 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:47 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:24 pm

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/helpfindcorrie

Nicola Urquhart
1 hr
The funding page set up by Cheryl Hickman is endorsed by myself Darroch Mckeague Makeyan McKeague and our families. Thank you so so much x x
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:36 pm

So what do you guys think of this turn of events today? I would really like to know specific details from the family as to why they have done this now. Stating that she (Nicola) feels betrayed is a very strong word but I think it only fair to say in what way(s).

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:So what do you guys think of this turn of events today? I would really like to know specific details from the family as to why they have done this now. Stating that she (Nicola) feels betrayed is a very strong word but I think it only fair to say in what way(s).

Where does she say that, TTWO?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:49 pm

BBC Look east interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08400r4/look-east-evening-news-06122016

The full quote would be "betrayed her trust".

Edit: Watching the interview again and later on it changes to "destroyed her trust"....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:59 pm

Missed all that then from earlier... Wow!

'Lost all faith and the Police have destroyed it.. etc'

What do you think is going on, TTWO?

My earlier thoughts without seeing that was since the 'other side' of the family have announced a reward then the 'dominant side' have quickly set up this crowdfund to raise money for their own thing. I got the impression that the 2 sides of the family don't see eye to eye and probably disagree a lot on what actually happened and how to go about things?

But Corrie's mum is saying some strong stuff there so what exactly does she know then?

(or do I need to watch it all as only watched the intro bit)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:03 pm

Watch it all, Andrew! It has info from Nicola, Martin (Corrie's dad) and Assistant Chief Constable of Suffolk Police.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:08 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:Watch it all, Andrew! It has info from Nicola, Martin (Corrie's dad) and Assistant Chief Constable of Suffolk Police.

Right you are sir. Will do.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:23 pm

Bloody hell. Some rift now then... So what's caused all that then do you wonder?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:37 pm

Andrew wrote:Bloody hell. Some rift now then... So what's caused all that then do you wonder?

Nobody knows. The family haven't said and the Police ain't/cant say anything.

One rumour that has persisted is that he is gay/bisexual and what happened to him was a Grindr meetup gone bad (think Stephen Port case). The family have been adamant and very vocal he isn't so wonder if they found out/they were told this was being investigated?

Not saying I subscribe to this theory but it has been doing the rounds on Websleuths this evening from "insiders" (thread now locked again..)
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:55 pm

I take it 'insiders' are people who are perhaps from the area or know him then? (or claim to)

Not looked at that Websleuths place before.

I suppose that theory does have some weight behind it. I think the phone plays a key part in all this but have they ever mentioned that they have analysed all his his call/text records etc? Apart from sending a last picture message to his mate or brother? You'd think they would get hold of his phone/internet records and prove/disprove that quite quickly?

Another thing similar to that was if he was into drugs and tried to 'score' that night. But it all went completely wrong. He overdosed and the dealers disposed of him (took him off in a car). Just a thought? scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:21 am

Yeah there are locals but this evening a new poster came in stated they have been told by LE (apparently this person is American!) on the case that Corrie's friends have told them he is gay.

The problem with checking the phone (calls and texts have been checked) is they now have apps like Grindr, Whatsapp, Snapchat etc that have end to end encryption and require the phone itself to check. Apparently, it is possible to obtain the records from the app makers but I imagine that might take time and a lot of effort?

I just hope tomorrow we get a proper statement from the family that explains why they've done this. Especially as mum is a serving Police officer, this is unprecedented and should send a shockwave to Government. Either that or the family need to be shot down for doing this. I just want the truth like in all cases I follow...

Edit:

To outline the issue here now...From the BBC article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38221073

Nicola wrote:Mr Mckeague's mother Mrs Urquhart said: "The police have behaved in such a way that they have utterly destroyed any faith or trust I have in them actually trying to do something to find Corrie.
"They have absolutely destroyed my belief that they are competent and they know what they're doing.
"This is more than just resources, this is an utter betrayal of trust."

Assistant Chief Constable wrote:Temporary ACC Pepper said she was "surprised" and "disappointed" by Mrs Urquhart's comments.
"We are using the similar resources we would put into a murder investigation," she said.
"I'm absolutely confident that my officers are doing everything they can to find Corrie.
"They are highly skilled, they are highly professional and they're determined to find him and understand the circumstances around his disappearance."

Both of the above statements can't be true....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Dec 2016, 7:59 am

Regards to the Whatsapp, Grindr, Snapchat stuff - then I didn't realise it would take a lot of time/effort to establish details so to speak. I would've thought myself it would be fairly simple to locate information from it even without his phone but then I'm no expert and don't really know what I'm talking about. Surely he had some sort of internet device back at his barracks anyway. A laptop, I-Pad or something that would be quite simple to 'look into' for the experts?

Exactly, as you say then both statements can't be true at all. An 'utter betrayal of trust' is a serious accusation really without anything to substantiate it. I know Nicola said she wouldn't elaborate at the time when probed but maybe she won't have a choice but to now.

It's all very weird I must say publicly falling out like that. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:24 am

YIt's probably the last of Nicolas considerations right now but making comments like that could be career enders 
I wonder if Corrie has had some kind of a secret life the family has had totally no idea of. If the police have got a    wiff of it or have suggested it as a possibility then there could be resentment there
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:35 am

PMR wrote:YIt's probably the last of Nicolas considerations right now but making comments like that could be career enders 
I wonder if Corrie has had some kind of a secret life the family has had totally no idea of. If the police have got a    wiff of it or have suggested it as a possibility then there could be resentment there

You'd think that even if Corrie did have a secret life then the family would be more bothered about finding him than perhaps embarrassing details emerging that would expose said secret life? That's what I don't understand?

But I think the betrayal of trust comment comes down to some sort of intelligence that the Police have known for a while and only just informed Corries family/mother about it?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 07 Dec 2016, 8:39 am

That's  very possible Andrew, but professional courtesy etc aside I can understand the police not telling the family everything immediately
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:00 am

It's a very strange turn of events, particularly with Nicola being a police officer herself. It's not a case of someone who has never liked the police allowing their prejudices to come to the fore.

Last edited by Freedom on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Dec 2016, 10:00 am

PMR wrote:That's  very possible Andrew, but professional courtesy etc aside I can understand the police not telling the family everything immediately

Absolutely, PMR.

And I should imagine that's where the whole rift/friction has stemmed from. His mum being a Policewoman and his Uncle being in Military Intelligence, then they probably assumed/expected that the Police would disclose absolutely everything they knew. But haven't done....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 07 Dec 2016, 11:31 am

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/missing-corrie-mckeagues-mum-gives-12284633

The mother of missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague says Suffolk Police has "utterly destroyed" her confidence in them finding her son.

Nicola Urquhart, who is also a police officer, said she does not think the police know what they are doing.

The 48-year-old said: "The police have behaved in such a way that they have utterly destroyed any faith or trust I have in them actually trying to do something to find Corrie.

"They have absolutely destroyed my belief that they are competent and they know what they're doing.

"This is more than just resources, this is an utter betrayal of trust."

Suffolk Police say they were "disappointed" in her comments, which came after Corrie's grandparents offered a five-figure reward for information leading to the 23-year-old's discovery.

.... I wonder if the falling out is anything to do with this 'reward' then? If I recall, Nicola's 'side' didn't want a reward offering.

Just another thought  scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next