MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shannon Matthews hoax abduction

+21
AndyB
dogs don't lie
poster
dannii
Dee Coy
chirpyinsect
Helenmeg
costello
Inca
TheTruthWillOut
espeland
unreorganised
chrissie
bluebell
Mimi
Bampots
Bloodhound
Châtelaine
Poe
candyfloss
Andrew
25 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Shannon Matthews hoax abduction - Page 6 Empty Re: Shannon Matthews hoax abduction

Post  candyfloss Mon 13 Feb 2017, 8:47 pm

Here is Clarence Mitchell commenting on giving money to look for Shannon from 2008....

Shannon mother charged with neglect

snipped from article...

Meanwhile earlier today, someone claiming to be a member of the family of Shannon Matthews asked for money from the fund set up to help find Madeleine McCann, the McCann family's spokesman said today.
The person contacted fund administrators by telephone "on two or three occasions" to request cash, Clarence Mitchell told Sky News.
He said there had also been an "illiterate" email request along the same lines.
The requests came as police searched for nine-year-old Shannon, who was eventually discovered in the base of a bed at an address a mile from her home in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.
Mitchell said they had been "quite aggressive, along the lines of 'you've got money and we need it'". He added that the person had hinted their request was "partly a journalistic endeavour".
"It just aroused our suspicions, and I advised the fund not to touch it," he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/apr/08/ukcrime

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shannon Matthews hoax abduction - Page 6 Empty Re: Shannon Matthews hoax abduction

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:55 am

A similar article to the others but the BM have just published it now:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/moorside-madeleine-mccann-shannon-matthews-12573773
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:07 am

"They feel is very insensitive and the show tries to glorify a terrible crime involving a young girl.”

I certainly don't agree that the programme glorified the events.

The McCanns just don't want to be linked with any other dodgy case.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:12 am

Freedom wrote:"They feel is very insensitive and the show tries to glorify a terrible crime involving a young girl.”

I certainly don't agree that the programme glorified the events.

The McCanns just don't want to be linked with any other dodgy case.

'glorify' what a strange thing to say, nope, it's just the truth being shown, warts and all, some don't seem to like it.  Well no one complained apart from  one person.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:33 am

Hey....thats what i said the McCs were going to do!!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 14 Feb 2017, 10:44 am

Bampots wrote:Hey....thats what i said the McCs were going to do!!

Not Spain, though, surely? According to the Guardian:

"There are 33 countries with which Britain does not have an extradition agreement: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bhutan, Cameroon, China, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Madagascar, Mongolia, Namibia, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, UAE, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Yemen."

Wonder where they'd fancy out of that lot?

No Barbados, after all...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:32 am

As much as the McCanns would love to flee then I bet they can't at the moment whilst investigations are taking place and seemingly coming to an end. Have they ever been abroad in the last few years? (apart from going back to Portugal which was probably sanctioned) I really don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if they've had their passports surrendered?

Just a thought...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:38 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4222454/Karen-Matthews-ex-boyfriend-beaten-up.html

Karen Matthews' paedophile former boyfriend Craig Meehan is beaten up close to his 'secret safe house' by three men who discovered his identity
Craig Matthews was with Karen Matthews for five years before she was jailed
Meehan, 30, was himself jailed for possessing images showing child sex abuse
Three men attacked him outside a Tesco store after discovering his real identity
'He was just getting used to coming out again,' his friend revealed to MailOnline
His former partner faked the kidnap of her daughter Shannon for reward money
Meehan's girlfriend Matthews and uncle Michael Donovan were jailed over plot
BBC drama The Moorside has renewed interest around the harrowing abduction
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:52 pm

On twitter and apparently from PeterMac......  

Canine Truth ‏@K9Truth  · 43m43 minutes ago  

From the current Private Eye. Hislop is a staunch #McCann fan, so will only target the MSM.

Shannon Matthews hoax abduction - Page 6 C4n-MMdW8AUc1Mu

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:08 pm

Can't see anything on the Private Eye website...

But I'm not a subscriber to it so it's probably behind the paywall stuff.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:28 pm

Andrew wrote:Can't see anything on the Private Eye website...

But I'm not a subscriber to it so it's probably behind the paywall stuff.

That look actually from the magazine, not online.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 1:33 pm

I think PeterMac writes the McCann pieces for PE.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 4:18 pm

Pretty much the same Tracey K article (I think) from yesterday. But it's been (deliberately) put out again an hour or so ago:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2852963/madeleine-mccann-parents-shannon-matthews-the-moorside/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 4:28 pm

http://www.theweek.co.uk/81261/the-moorside-what-happened-to-shannon-matthews

Snipped:

What was the reaction at the time?
Before the abduction was unmasked, several commentators wrote about the apparent lack of fanfare around the Matthews case compared with that surrounding Madeleine McCann, who had disappeared the previous year.

The Independent's Cole Moreton said the fact that a celebrity-backed appeal to find Madeleine raised £2.6m in reward money, compared to £25,000 raised for Shannon, reflected the UK's lingering class prejudice. Kate and Gerry McCann "were a couple of nice middle-class doctors on holiday in an upmarket resort", while single mum Matthews and her family were "complicated, and working-class", living in one of the most deprived areas of the country, he said.

The apparent discrepancy in media coverage even made international news, with the Brisbane Times saying the cases represented "two sides of the social class coin in Britain".
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

http://theconversation.com/the-shannon-matthews-story-when-personal-tragedy-becomes-public-spectacle-72707

Snipped:

Shannon went missing less than a year after the much publicised disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine McCann – who vanished while on holiday with her parents in Portugal. McCann’s parents have also spoken out against the BBC drama, calling it “very insensitive”.

Many comparisons were made between the two cases at the time. Despite the initial similarity in the cases, it was the McCann story that prompted high profile media campaigns across the British tabloid press – “find Madeleine” was on the front pages of many papers for several months. The media coverage of Shannon Matthew’s disappearance, however, was much more subdued. Stories in the broadsheet press questioned the lesser amount of media coverage that her case was attracting. For some it was clearly a class issue.

The McCanns, doctors in Leicestershire, were portrayed as articulate, middle-class professionals. Karen Matthews and her supporters, despite their attempts to engage with the press and create a positive campaign to find Shannon, could not easily escape their working-class origins. This made them less “media friendly”, which led to the public perception that the Moorside estate where Matthews lived was a place where bad things happened.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:04 pm

Andrew wrote:
The McCanns, doctors in Leicestershire, were portrayed as articulate, middle-class professionals.[/i]

"Portrayed as" is right, in reality neither are exactly what you might called skilled orators. In fact Kate's only at best one step removed from being a Matthews-a-like herself.

(ETA: Congrats to Andrew on smashing through the 10000 post barrier.)
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:06 pm

Yeah that's true about KM.

Cheers - I didn't even realise until you pointed it out. I hope I don't have to make another 10000 before I see some justice dished up.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:32 pm

Probably be double that Andrew taking into account all the deleted ones Laughing

Anyway here is your fanfare for 10,000 posts cheers

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:36 pm

Yes, there would be considerably more to be fair. Very Happy

Thanks for the trumpets.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:39 pm

What will the McCanns do when or if the BBC  release Moorside on DVD as they tend to do with dramas.Threaten to sue them maybe.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:39 pm

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to imagine KM working as a GP, even part-time, locum or otherwise. Has anybody ever come across any actual evidence of it happening, or heard from anybody who claims to have had a consultation with her?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:46 pm

I've often wondered that as well.... And I certainly haven't seen any evidence (factual not hearsay) that it's ever been verified....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:55 pm

Everyone, ever, who has encountered the couple, either personally or professionally, has a super-inaudible hanging over them, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:50 pm

Andrew not specially for you the pic on the left, close your eyes  The main headline Shannon's stepdad beaten up again.

Shannon Matthews hoax abduction - Page 6 C4qC2fHWcAE2wHu

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next