MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

+19
Rosa canina
Antonia
Heisenburg
Winslow Boy
dogs don't lie
mumof6
coppernob
Bloodhound
chrissie
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
Andrew
Satsuma
froggy
Mimi
candyfloss
Bubblewrapped
bluebell
Châtelaine
23 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Re: Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

Post  Dee Coy Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

Ha! No, Chirps. They asked for volunteers a few months ago and I did consider it. 20 years ago I would have. A few people I know did, though.

One, the father of a friend of my eldest daughter did and proudly showed off his stained fingertips which were still blue. He's a great bloke who embraces life and fun to the extreme. He spoke of the otherworldly atmosphere and feeling of comradely awareness that they were experiencing something extraordinary.

Another friend who is a young, handsome Casanova also flung himself into it with enthusiasm. He said it was strange how no-one stared at each other, not out of politeness, but more because of an automatic feeling of natural decorum. Nobody seemed self-conscious while they were together in the collective.

He did describe the obscurity of a sudden feeling of reality. "I suddenly thought, how did this happen? I'm lying here on the road in Parliament Street stark b*****k naked. There's a woman's parts on my leg and another in front of my nose. If I lit a cigarette I'd set her on fire. What do I do? Think of something else, Jamie, lad, think of something else. Look at that gum. There's loads of it stuck to the road... "

It was very cold, apparently, which kept lots under control and made the whole thing a bit of endurance test. I wish I had done it now, actually.

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Police baffled by levitating Chihuahua

Post  Andrew Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:13 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/police-left-baffled-paranormal-events-8621674

Police left baffled by paranormal events at family home that saw a chihuahua 'levitate on to a 7ft hedge'

08:20, 13 AUG 2016 UPDATED 08:43, 13 AUG 2016
BY JANE HAMILTON

Officers called for help from church after being spooked by series of unexplained events that included clothes flying across room and oven door opening and closes

The house in Rutherglen, Glasgow, has officers spookedThe house in Rutherglen, Glasgow, has officers spooked

Hardened police officers were left spooked after witnessing bizarre 'paranormal' activity at a family home.

After a call out in Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire officers witnessed clothes flying across a room and lights going off and on.

Lampshades were placed upside down and oven doors were opening and closing.

Even a chihuahua dog which was playing in the garden was then inexplicably discovered sitting on top of a seven-foot hedge.

The family who live at the property had called the police in a panic. They endured two days of the bizarre occurrences before moving out of the property, report the Daily Record.

The situation has been discussed at high levels within Police Scotland, with senior officers perplexed as to how they best handle the incidents.

The house in Rutherglen, Glasgow, has officers spooked
A police source said: “These were incidents that were witnessed by our own officers. Incidents that are not easily explained.

“One problem we’ve got is where we go from here as no crime has been established, so what else can we do but deal with any reports of disturbances.

“But officers with more than 20 years’ service are saying they’ve never seen anything like this. It really is something that down-to-earth police officers are having trouble getting their heads round.

“How do you handle what, despite us liking to use the word, has been described as a poltergeist.”

A priest has been to the house in Stonelaw Road and performed what has been described as a ‘blessing’ at the property.

The saga unfolded when the family, a woman and her son in his early teens, contacted police on Monday and Tuesday to report ‘disturbing incidents’ in her home.

A chihuahua was found on a hedge in a series of bizarre events
The woman and the teenager, described as extremely distressed, had been experiencing violent and unexplained circumstances and in desperation contacted police.

A source said: “The officers attended expecting it to be a mental health issue but they witnessed the lights going off, clothes flying across the room and the dog sitting on top of the hedge.

“The officers called their superiors who also attended thinking the cops were perhaps being a bit silly but it’s being taken very seriously.

“The fact it was witnessed by our officers has lent itself to a very different but active inquiry.”

With no reasonable explanation for what they witnessed police, acting with the support of the family, contacted the Catholic Church who sent a priest to bless the house.

No-one has been harmed, though the family were given safety advice by baffled officers and chose to leave the house. They are understood to be living with relatives.

The source added: “The main concern is with the family’s welfare and well-being but with no crime committed and no culprit we are at a loss how to proceed with it. Inquiries are ongoing but it’s difficult to know where to go with it.”

Police are understood to be looking into the family’s background, and working with doctors and social services to provide support.

They are also thought to be checking the history of the property, to see if there been any reports of similar occurrences from previous residents.

Our source said all options were being considered by way of explaining the goings-on: “Is it some form of hoax, or is it real or not real? These are the questions being asked by officers but without coming to any conclusion.

A spokesman for Police Scotland said: “On 8 and 9 August police attended a house in Rutherglen to reports of a disturbance. No evidence of criminality was found and advice and guidance was given to the family.”

The Catholic Church was approached for comment but failed to respond.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Re: Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing

Post  Andrew Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:28 am

I'm not sure how I'd react if I saw a levitating Chihuahua....

Burst out laughing or actually cr@p myself. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 13 Aug 2016, 9:55 am

I'd be grateful that it wasn't something enormous like a Great Dane or an Irish Wolfhound.

Sorry, I'm going to be first with this - it sounds like a shaggy dog story anyway.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Who would have thought it of a GP?

Post  Andrew Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:59 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3748521/Family-doctor-confronted-police-drunk-street-ranted-m-f-king-GP-stamped-officer-high-heels.html

Nothing to do with the thread title - just didn't know where to put it.

Transferred from the autistic children post.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 19 Aug 2016, 12:30 pm

Dear me - can't imagine that she will remain a GP for much longer unless she's able to sort her problems out.

There was a GP when I was a child who was known to have a drink problem and sometimes was the worse for wear when seeing patients.

Some 20 years later my sister got chatting to a young man at a party and somehow she got round to talking about this GP and his problem.

"He was my father" was the reply which stunned her into silence!

P.S. Thankfully she didn't also mention what was back then absolutely scandalous - the doctor and the boy's mother weren't thought to be actually married!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 29 Aug 2016, 8:47 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Class A Idiocy...?

Post  Rosa canina Mon 05 Sep 2016, 9:21 pm

Northcote Primary School served fake cocaine at annual fundraising ball :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11704215

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 05 Sep 2016, 9:50 pm

Rosa canina wrote:Northcote Primary School served fake cocaine at annual fundraising ball :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11704215

I have actually snorted sherbet dib-dab before, for comedy reasons. Needless to say I wasn't laughing afterwards.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Paul Gascoigne and his trial for "racist abuse"

Post  Freedom Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:55 pm

Has anyone any thoughts on this? If this is all that Paul said, it does seem like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut - especially considering that Paul is an alcoholic with serious mental health issues.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/gazzas-21st-century-show-trial-worry-us/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37406549
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:16 pm

I agree, he wasn't being aggressive. I'm half Irish and love Irish jokes.

This did make me laugh on Twitter yesterday:

Paul Gascoigne is found guilty of making a racist joke.

Jim Davidson turned up at court with a fishing rod, KFC and four cans of lager.

Just to add, I don't agree with racial abuse in any way shape or form, I do like a joke though.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:22 pm

I agree with chrissie.... It was only a bit of banter.

The funniest thing about it was this Security Guard told the Sun, I think it was, that he was so upset that when he went home he burst into tears.... Or something equally ridiculous.

Always a bit of controversy around Gazza.

I'm actually surprised he's still walking this earth. I've met up him twice many moons ago and he's a very likeable bloke. Albeit very troubled.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:43 pm

I follow him on Twitter and this is what he tweeted:

Paul Gascoigne ‏@gazza8gascoigne  20h20 hours ago
I accept my fine I'm an easy go lucky guy I want an easy life& I suppose it's me my problems is I think every1 is my family what ever race

Paul Gascoigne ‏@gazza8gascoigne  20h20 hours ago
I'm sad this has come to this I'm smiling outside but inside I'm hurting as if most I just want peace in this world lots of love GAZZA xx

I found the second one heartbreaking

Last edited by chrissie on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:50 pm

Andrew wrote:
I'm actually surprised he's still walking this earth. I've met up him twice many moons ago and he's a very likeable bloke. Albeit very troubled.

I once got him square between the eyes with a Mars bar during a Tottenham match. True story.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:54 pm

I also read this a while back, which if true is sickening:

Paul Gascoigne's sister accuses The Sun of 'mocking' her family

http://www.givemesport.com/842679-paul-gascoignes-sister-accuses-the-sun-of-mocking-her-family

Paul Gascoigne's Sister Accuses The Sun of Placing Beer Bottles Outside His House for 'Funny' Photos

http://www.90min.com/posts/3588809-paul-gascoigne-s-sister-accuses-the-sun-of-placing-beer-bottles-outside-his-house-for-funny-photos
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Golliwog Ad

Post  bluebell Wed 21 Sep 2016, 4:53 pm

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but just read this ;

Corfe Castle Enid Blyton shop rapped over golliwog ad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-37430242

I understand it is a really sensitive subject nowadays, but I was brought up with collecting the Golliwog labels and getting the badges.   Also with Disney films that would now be considered racist.  Enid Blyton herself has come in for a lot of criticism about the things in her books.

I loved Enid Blyton books when I was a child.  They have not made me become an adult racist.  In no way did they influence my feelings/opinions of different races.   I sincerely believe in a mulltiracial world, though I have some reservations about multiculturist society as that can raise so many problems.

Don't want to begin a thread about racism, religion nor nationalities - but just wondering where this will stop, seems to me it just "accentuates the negatives eliminates the positives" as the song goes.
Perhaps my post needs to be deleted ???

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:17 pm

I had a friend nicknamed Golliwog over 20 years ago. I'm sure the PE teacher used to call him that too. Or Golly for short. Can't be said nowadays.

Enid was great. Loved her books when I was a nipper. Famous 5 and the Tapas 9 were a couple of my faves.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:27 pm

Andrew wrote: I had a friend nicknamed Golliwog over 20 years ago. I'm sure the PE teacher used to call him that too. Or Golly for short. Can't be said nowadays.

Enid was great. Loved her books when I was a nipper. Famous 5 and the Tapas 9 were a couple of my faves.

lol!

Is this where I admit to chucking bananas at John Barnes? (not that I ever did, you understand.....)
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:28 pm

Andrew wrote: Famous 5 and the Tapas 9 were a couple of my faves.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 21 Sep 2016, 6:32 pm

unreorganised wrote: Is this where I admit to chucking bananas at John Barnes? (not that I ever did, you understand.....)

Ha. I believe you. JB was a legend. Didn't he eat one once when on the pitch...

I don't know.. taking mars bars and bananas to a football game. You'd get a custodial for that these days.

Reminds me of a story 25 plus years ago when on a school trip and was told under no circumstances to throw anything off the eiffel tower....(especially coins). Which of course as soon as I got to the top I did exactly that when I found a franc..

Yes I was a silly sod. Still am in all fairness.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Wed 21 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm

Ah I remember having several golliwogs, they didn't make me grow up to be racist.
I think a lot of all this, people suing others for being racist, are doing it for a quick pound. I know there are certainly racists out there but it's becoming ridiculous.

Some people can't take a joke these days.

The shop is called "The Ginger Pop shop". I'm surprised half the red heads are not kicking up a fuss.

In saying that, the people who have been abused because of religion or nationality, colour etc, I feel for them and they are right to stand up for equality.

As my lovely daughter always says, there is only one race, the human race. Basketball
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 21 Sep 2016, 7:27 pm

I think Britain is one the least racist countries in the World - for comparison, anybody who is is familiar with Italians or certain Eastern European races will doubtless have been shocked at some of their casual utterances. Then again, a lot of what is touted as racism is simply hurt feelings.

For instance, I wouldn't claim that ""And I would respectfully suggest that in future, if you can't say something constructive about the disappearance of little Madeleine, then you just keep your stupid, sardine-munching mouth shut" is actually racist - it just shows that the writer is a talentless half-wit, but then I knew that anyway.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 21 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Reminds me of a story 25 plus years ago when on a school trip and was told under no circumstances to throw anything off the eiffel tower....(especially coins). Which of course as soon as I got to the top I did exactly that when I found a franc..

I was once on a field trip to a nuclear power station when one of the lads leaned against a bank of switches in the control room. That was a scary moment for all concerned.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Stories that are just downright weird / silly / strange / amazing - Page 3 Empty Stories that are just downright weird

Post  Andrew Wed 05 Apr 2017, 4:59 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4383374/Fresno-police-seek-help-IDing-mystery-mermaid.html

Mystery as Fresno police seek help in identifying 'mostly naked' woman with webbed toes who claims to be a MERMAID
A woman with webbed feet was discovered while walking in a Fresno, California, road early Tuesday morning
Police say that the woman has said that she is a mermaid
'When located, her hair was wet, she was mostly naked, and she said she had been in the water,' according to authorities

Shocked
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next