MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

+29
Burst
dogs don't lie
hesla
Justformaddiemccann
AndyB
Poppy
Jellybot
candyfloss
Praia de Suiza
Mimi
saloongirl
ROMAntici
Anne
KathyBelle
Admin
Poe
Fiat500
Meteor
travis macbickle
Lioned
Dee Coy
Cristobell
dantezebu
Baldrick
Andrew
Châtelaine
chilli
coppernob
Freedom
33 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:13 am

Not sure where to post this over from twitter, admin pls move to more appropriate area if necessary.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzaMxWfCEAMAALI.jpg

Back to top Go down

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 Empty Re: Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda

Post  Cristobell Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:14 am

Brenda invited Martin Brunt into her home, yet we were shown none of the inside interview, nor did Sky show anything Brenda said to defend herself. It went with the one line 'I though I was entitled' - I'm sure she said a lot more than that. It was horribly biased reporting, intended to show Brenda in the worst possible light.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:21 am

Just re-reading one of the Daily Mail articles and there is a weird quote from Gerry..from this article a couple of days ago http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782066/I-love-mum-I-miss-forever-Grieving-son-s-tribute-internet-troll-dead-hotel-room-exposed-targeting-Maddie-McCann-s-parents.html

Asked about '@sweepyface', Mr McCann said: 'I haven't read her tweets ... I think that is an issue, that our behaviour is modified by this.

What behaviour will have to be modified?

Notably as well, the story doesn't seem to feature in the Mail now and when I searched for it, I got a rather more sanitized version than the ones that were appearing earlier in the week, here is an example, it is far more balanced and accurate

There is no suggestion the threats were made by Mrs Leyland.
The mother-of-two began tweeting about the case in December 2010, when she accused others of ‘unhelpful and uninspired trolling’, and since then she sent 4,625 messages, almost all of which were about the McCanns.
This year alone she had sent 2,136 tweets and on some days she would send more than 50 messages attacking the McCanns’ behaviour, including their use of public donations and their decision to sue their critics.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782824/McCann-troll-Brenda-Leyland-sent-thousands-hate-tweets.html#ixzz3FXWBEbWG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think perhaps the media is having a bit of a re-think about their atrocious behaviour

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

Joana Morais @xklamation 15 mins15 minutes ago
The broadcasting regulator Ofcom has received 103 complaints about Sky News' - too low, please complaint to Ofcom #McCann #sweepyface
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

Listen to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02789bx

With Sir Bernard Howe.

@26.15.

"Reviewing the 'murder' of Madeleine.... Sorry, I mean 'missing'....

Not listened to it all as yet.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:52 am

RIP Brenda Leyland aka Sweepyface...

I've been reading about the sad loss of Brenda Leyland over the last couple of days.

I want to reinforce the fact that so many of you have succinctly pointed out.  This woman (who is being vilified in the media as a 'troll') was just one of many who do not believe the McCann version of events.  Her tweets were not threatening and couldn't have been directed at the McCanns - they don't have a Twitter account.  She simply did not believe their story, yet she was targetted and singled out in the most humiliating and disgusting manner by Martin Brunt and Sky News.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 2

In contrast, the tweets levelled back at Brenda by supporters of the McCanns would take your breath away. I've never come across such vile, disgusting abuse in all of my time on the internet.  Any supporters of the family who condone this should hold their heads in shame.  And so should the McCanns.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 Untitled

The reason I write anonymously is not because of my opinion or that I'm in some way ashamed.  I do so to protect my family and out of fear that my children will have their names and photos published online by the same type of people who created the website and dossier.  This has happened over and over to normal people who dare to question what really happened in Praia de Luz.  It's pathetic and a gross invasion of privacy and anyone publishing such information should be prosecuted. Like Gerry McCann says "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet.  I think we probably need more people charged".  On this occasion Mr McCann you are not talking shite, you're bang on!

Brenda may be laid to rest, but the circumstances surrounding her death cannot.  It must be fully investigated. 
Who compiled this dossier?
Were they paid to do it?
Will they in turn be prosecuted for stalking online?
Were the McCanns involved?
Did it come under the Media Monitoring tab in the fund accounts?
Who fed the information to Sky?

And what gave Sky the right to doorstep an innocent woman guilty of nothing other than not believing?  The police later confirmed to the BBC that they were not even investigating Brenda Leyland.

I'm sad that Brenda didn't get the answers to her questions, but I sincerely hope that one day the truth will out - with so many of us wanting justice for Madeleine, I'm sure it will.  No amount of abuse will stop me seeking the truth and nothing will make me start believing the McCanns and their Sticker Book Story.  That group of scummy professionals should be held fully accountable for what happened on that holiday.  And for once (shock horror) I agree with Katie Hopkins.

Eighty pages of torture and death threats?... Hmm my advice to the McCanns - put it in your NUTTY BOX along with it's authors and move on.

Rest in peace, Brenda.

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 409755_10150989492448680_1632986080_n

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:05 am

Andrew wrote:

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:16 am

Seicento wrote:
Andrew wrote:

affraid

"the (Mccann) family handed to our team who are investigating or reviewing the murder of err sorry, reviewing the missing girl, the Mccann daughter..."

This was yesterday.

I'm sure he fluffed his lines with something similar a while back as well...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

Andrew wrote:
Seicento wrote:
Andrew wrote:

affraid

"the (Mccann) family handed to our team who are investigating or reviewing the murder of err sorry, reviewing the missing girl, the Mccann daughter..."

This was yesterday.

Yes, he made a similar "slip" just before Redwood said that she may not have left 5a alive. I'm beginning to wonder if he's not the bumbling incompetent that he appears to be and that perhaps these "slips" are deliberate
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:55 am

AndyB wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Seicento wrote:
Andrew wrote:

affraid

This was yesterday.

Yes, he made a similar "slip" just before Redwood said that she may not have left 5a alive. I'm beginning to wonder if he's not the bumbling incompetent that he appears to be and that perhaps these "slips" are deliberate

Yes. I'm also starting to think that as well. Two (maybe more) "slips up" like that from a man in his position does maybe have an 'intention' behind it.

Bloody well hope so anyway.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:29 am

Admin wrote:RIP Brenda Leyland aka Sweepyface...

I've been reading about the sad loss of Brenda Leyland over the last couple of days.
I want to reinforce the fact that so many of you have succinctly pointed out.  This woman (who is being vilified in the media as a 'troll') was just one of many who do not believe the McCann version of events.  Her tweets were not threatening and couldn't have been directed at the McCanns - they don't have a Twitter account.  She simply did not believe their story, yet she was targetted and singled out in the most humiliating and disgusting manner by Martin Brunt and Sky News.
Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 2

In contrast, the tweets levelled back at Brenda by supporters of the McCanns would take your breath away. I've never come across such vile, disgusting abuse in all of my time on the internet.  Any supporters of the family who condone this should hold their heads in shame.  And so should the McCanns.
Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 Untitled

The reason I write anonymously is not because of my opinion or that I'm in some way ashamed.  I do so to protect my family and out of fear that my children will have their names and photos published online by the same type of people who created the website and dossier.  This has happened over and over to normal people who dare to question what really happened in Praia de Luz.  It's pathetic and a gross invasion of privacy and anyone publishing such information should be prosecuted. Like Gerry McCann says "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet.  I think we probably need more people charged".  On this occasion Mr McCann you are not talking shite, you're bang on!
Brenda may be laid to rest, but the circumstances surrounding her death cannot.  It must be fully investigated. 
Who compiled this dossier?
Were they paid to do it?
Will they in turn be prosecuted for stalking online?
Were the McCanns involved?
Did it come under the Media Monitoring tab in the fund accounts?
Who fed the information to Sky?
And what gave Sky the right to doorstep an innocent woman guilty of nothing other than not believing?  The police later confirmed to the BBC that they were not even investigating Brenda Leyland.

I'm sad that Brenda didn't get the answers to her questions, but I sincerely hope that one day the truth will out - with so many of us wanting justice for Madeleine, I'm sure it will.  No amount of abuse will stop me seeking the truth and nothing will make me start believing the McCanns and their Sticker Book Story.  That group of scummy professionals should be held fully accountable for what happened on that holiday.  And for once (shock horror) I agree with Katie Hopkins.
Eighty pages of torture and death threats?... Hmm my advice to the McCanns - put it in your NUTTY BOX along with it's authors and move on.
Rest in peace, Brenda.
Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 409755_10150989492448680_1632986080_n

http://thepottingshedder.blogspot.co.uk/

Well said Potting Shedder - thank you.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:35 am

Brenda was also tweeting to the press to investigate the Westminster paedophiles - is this why she was targetted?  IMO pros have similar mindsets to supporters of paedophilia

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 11:47 am

Mimi wrote:Brenda was also tweeting to the press to investigate the Westminster paedophiles - is this why she was targetted?  IMO pros have similar mindsets to supporters of paedophilia

I noticed that as well. Also wanting people to look more into '2 former' prime ministers.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:22 pm

So Jim Gamble says the Mccanns knew nothing about this 'dossier'

Bernard Howe says the 'Family' handed in said dossier.

The 'Family' being the Mccann's themselves you would of thought?

Mods - Sorry to put this on Brenda's thread. Maybe you could start a new one with this Bernard Howe stuff on if you think it warrant's it.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

Andrew wrote:So Jim Gamble says the Mccanns knew nothing about this 'dossier'

Bernard Howe says the 'Family' handed in said dossier.

The 'Family' being the Mccann's themselves you would of thought?

Mods - Sorry to put this on Brenda's thread. Maybe you could start a new one with this Bernard Howe stuff on if you think it warrant's it.

I think this entire event has caused a bit of unraveling for the McCanns, I don't think it played out how they were expecting and now they're stuck between a rock and a hard place imo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

Brenda Leyland - @sweepyface - was not a troll and didn't deserve to die

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html#ixzz3FYMoo0Z6
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:52 pm

candyfloss wrote:Brenda Leyland - @sweepyface - was not a troll and didn't deserve to die

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html#ixzz3FYMoo0Z6

[snipped from above link]

by Daniel Falconer | 8 October 2014

Brenda Leyland was not a troll. At least not in the original sense of the word. An online troll is - or was - somebody who used the internet to cause annoyance to other online users using whatever means possible. They didn't even have to believe in what they were saying. So long as they were getting a reaction, it's job done for the internet's most common beast.

Brenda Leyland was a woman who seemed to firmly stand behind exactly what she had to say online, using her internet persona '@sweepyface'. She wasn't putting out these 'hateful' tweets or messages because she wanted to annoy, but rather because she thought that a serious miscarriage of justice had taken place at the expense of a young child, and she wanted things to be put right.

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/womens-issues/brenda-leyland-wasnt-troll-didnt-deserve-die-544755.html#ixzz3FYNYvssi
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm

[snipped from article]

Doorstepping ‘troll’ Brenda Leyland was justified, so let’s not bully Sky’s Martin Brunt - Roy Greenslade

Roy Greenslade

Brenda Leyland has died (Sweepyface) RIP Brenda   - Page 8 Roy.greenslade.sml

Published: 08 October 2014
Updated: 10:28, 08 October 2014

A Sky News journalist has been subjected to an online bashing because he doorstepped a woman accused of “trolling” the parents of Madeleine McCann.

The woman, Brenda Leyland, was later found dead.
We need to pick our way carefully through the farrago of claims, counterclaims and details to make a sensible analysis of competing grievances. First, vastly experienced Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt did nothing wrong by knocking on Leyland’s door.

More here on link........

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/markets/doorstepping-troll-brenda-leyland-was-justified-so-lets-not-bully-skys-martin-brunt--roy-greenslade-9781575.html
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm

seems like the 4 comments so far totally disagree with him, and quite right, what a despicable piece and comparing Brunt to the Watergate journalists exposing high power corruption..yeah right, if only Brunt would do that instead of going after soft targets to fill his news slot on a slow day and the resulting terrible consequences of that

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm

Seems like the post mortem has failed to establish the cause of death....

New tests over McCann 'troll' death

Gael @GaeMar01 2 mins2 minutes ago
post-mortem examination conducted yesterday had failed to establish the cause of #BrendaLeyland 's death. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2784499/Inquest-open-McCann-troll.html#ixzz3FYftot1G … #McCann
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:11 pm

Gael @GaeMar01 41 secs42 seconds ago
Adjourning #BrendaLeyland inquest to 18 December Coroner Catherine Mason"The cause of death is still not known- pathologist report #mccann
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:15 pm

candyfloss wrote:Gael @GaeMar01 41 secs42 seconds ago
Adjourning #BrendaLeyland inquest to 18 December Coroner Catherine Mason"The cause of death is still not known- pathologist report #mccann

Very strange. If she hung herself as what was mentioned elsewhere then the inquest / cause would be obvious. Would it not?

Something is not adding up at all in all this. IMO.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:19 pm

What ??????

Adjourning the inquest until the 18th of December.

Why would this happen unless foul play has been suspected?

Don't understand.

Any Medical folk on here that could shed some light on this please.....?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:25 pm

Andrew wrote:What ??????

Adjourning the inquest until the 18th of December.

Why would this happen unless foul play has been suspected?

Don't understand.

Any Medical folk on here that could shed some light on this please.....?

The inquest cannot continue until there is a cause of death Andrew.  A date has to be found, and obviously allow for test results and another autopsy if needed.  I expect it is just a convenient date.  My friend died in the September the Inquest
was in the January the following year because the cause of death was inconclusive for the first autopsy.  I think we have to be careful about speculating.....
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 08 Oct 2014, 2:41 pm

An inquest at Leicester Coroner's Court was told a post-mortem examination conducted yesterday had failed to establish the cause of Brenda Leyland's death.

The body of Mrs Leyland, 63, was discovered in a Leicester hotel room last Saturday, two days after she featured in a Sky News report exposing internet "trolling" of Kate and Gerry McCann.

Opening the inquest, Leicester Coroner Catherine Mason was told there was no evidence of foul play or third party involvement in the death.

Police Sergeant Kevin Taylor told the coroner he was informed that Mrs Leyland was dead after being sent to the Marriott Hotel in Enderby.

The officer said: "At the scene I was joined by another officer and a county ambulance first responder unit.

"I was then informed by the paramedic and the other officer that there was a deceased female within the room."

Sgt Taylor added that officers were awaiting the results of additional post-mortem tests and were still undertaking inquiries into the death.

Adjourning the inquest until December 18, Mrs Mason said: "It's quite clear from the evidence before me that I am not in a position to conclude (the inquest) today.

"The cause of death is still not known and police inquiries are rightly ongoing.

"Therefore, with the sergeant still tasked to complete the police inquiries and the pathologist still to provide a cause of death, I am adjourning the inquest."

Mrs Leyland, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, is reported to have posted thousands of messages on Twitter attacking the McCanns, whose daughter Madeleine disappeared in Portugal in 2007.

Officers from Leicestershire Police, who are not treating the death as suspicious, were alerted to the discovery of Ms Leyland's body at 1.42pm on Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2784499/Inquest-open-McCann-troll.html
Lioned
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next