MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Hope Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:12 pm

But still it's high season nine years on and there are those inferences about the residents of PDL, it's so, so unfair and cruel.

The Freud story didn't grow legs really,I wonder was it released and the TV prog shown to take the focus away from the announcement "clearing" Mr Harry Webb the day before?

Confused does not cover it.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  unreorganised Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

Weird really as I personally considered the Freud revelations quite significant. Do you think he and Webb knew each other? One's a noted foodie, the other has a vineyard half an hour away.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:59 am

You would imagine so,food,wine,probably friends in common.
I thought the Freud revelation joined a lot of dots when I looked at the people in his circle. I just meant it only got a few days coverage with Brexit, politicians losing their heads, Euro glory but for the Welsh not English, Wimbledon etc.
Chilcot, Conventions in US, Olympics...
It was important for all of us looking for justice for Madeleine but most others will have forgotten by now,little left to shock the public now.
Perhaps it's just on the back burner for now.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:56 am

unreorganised wrote:
Hope wrote:But still it's high season nine years on and there are those inferences about the residents of PDL, it's so, so unfair and cruel.

The Freud story didn't grow legs really,I wonder was it released and the TV prog shown to take the focus away from the announcement "clearing" Mr Harry Webb the day before?

Confused does not cover it.

Weird really as I personally considered the Freud revelations quite significant. Do you think he and Webb knew each other? One's a noted foodie, the other has a vineyard half an hour away.

I think it is highly likely that there were some connections between TM and Clement Freud. Kate goes out of her way in her book to emphasize that they had not known Freud before and thought his letter was 'a prank'. This is an odd thing to have written for what type of person would play a 'prank' on parents whose child has allegedly been abducted? Why would they want to acquaint themselves with someone whose idea of fun is playing 'pranks' on allegedly traumatized parents?

Of did Kate mean it was a prank from someone pretending to be Clement Freud?

Either way, I think there are some interconnecting circles which could of course be part of a certain high profile ring which we hear so much about.

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Wed 06 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

I agree Poster. I think there is a reason for most things they have written and said. Why did we hear nothing about him til after his death? I don't think they wanted anyone to know about their friendship until they had no choice but to mention it, then they pretended a complete stranger invited them for dinner, then drinks, in his night shirt no less, why did we need to know that. Someone somewhere found a connection between them and they decided to get it out there first. IMO
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty The unlikeliest link ever? Madeleine and Pokemon

Post  Andrew Mon 18 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

Was just thinking what the next story will come out of the MSM regarding Madeleine and just seen this from the Sun.... Not sure what Pokemon is though myself....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1463762/pokemon-go-madeleine-mccann/

SICK MADDIE STUNT Outrage as sick trolls ‘joke’ about finding MADDIE on Pokemon Go

Vile bullies share shocking image of tragic youngster superimposed onto screenshot from smash hit smartphone game
BY JASPER HAMILL  18th July 2016, 4:39 pm

Trolls have posted sick jokes on social media suggesting missing Madeleine McCann can be found on the Pokemon Go game.

Vile yobs have used Twitter and Facebook to make shocking comments linking Madeleine to the new craze, which has seen millions of people hunting for Pokemon using a mobile phone app.

A man using the name Scott Rennie, from Glasgow, published a highly offensive image in which Madeleine’s face was superimposed on a screenshot of the Pokemon app along with the message: “Doon dalmuir park doing pre season wae ma gowdie boys when a stumbled across the rarest of Pokemon.”

This is the appalling 'joke' Scott Rennie posted to Facebook

This is the appalling ‘joke’ Scott Rennie posted to Facebook
A comment below the shocking post, which was liked six times, said: “That’s no funny.”

But another person wrote: “You evil wee man. I chuckled also.”

Other highly offensive remarks posted on Facebook include one by Brad McKenzie which said: “If Madeleine McCann was a Pokemon she wouldn’t still be missing.”

And Kayleigh Vercetti, from Inverness, wrote: “If Madeleine McCann was a Pokemon she wouldn’t still be missing.”

A number of people also posted appalling comments on Twitter discussing Pokemon Go and Maddie.

Little Madeleine was just three when she disappeared in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007.

Pokemon Go was released in the UK last Thursday after already becoming one of the most-downloaded apps on smart phones in America.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:08 pm

My son was trying to explain this latest craze to me yesterday. I'm not sure if you're being serious Andrew about not being sure what it is.

This caption was I thought just the teensiest bit OTT.

"The world is still mourning the loss of Maddie, who disappeared in 2007".

Oh dear, we're back with vile, appalling bullies.

The jokes aren't funny but then neither is the McCanns getting away with this hoax for so long.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 18 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

No idea what it is, freedom. I've heard the name 'pokemon' but don't know anything about it or ever played the thing.

Was just never really into computer games myself.

But as usual, wiki has got me up to speed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

Theresa May becomes PM and almost immediately the Sun reverts to type over Madeleine McCann. It doesn't inspire confidence
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 1:57 pm

To be fair - it's not something new though with these Madeleine non-stories.

Would never of predicted Madeleine and Pokemon in the same headline though.... But anything for a sales boost I suppose.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:49 pm

To be quite frank, I'm surprised we didn't get any Brexit will hinder the search for Madeleine so send us your money headlines.

Missed opportunity there.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 19 Jul 2016, 5:07 pm

I've changed the topic heading so that any further tabloid spewings of this nonsense can be added.

I've deleted the fresh hope post as that has its own topic.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Tue 02 Aug 2016, 1:12 pm

I'm embarrassed to tell you all what I've been doing this couple of weeks Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
On a positive note, it's working off the calories I'm devouring Laughing Laughing
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 Aug 2016, 4:00 pm

What with paedophiles and now neglect, there are links to the McCann case after all.....

http://news.sky.com/story/couple-admit-leaving-son-to-play-pokemon-go-10519881
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 03 Aug 2016, 6:16 pm

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty More dross from The Sun

Post  Freedom Tue 09 Aug 2016, 6:46 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:14 am

I see all the other papers have also gone with this 'Troll' dross as well, over the last few days.

A few weeks ago it was Madeleine and Pokemon (with the word trolls and sick) in the same headline.

Now its Madeleine and Manchester United signing Paul Pogba (with the word trolls and sick) in the same headline.

I wonder what can they can creatively dish out next using the words Madeleine, Trolls and Sick.

What's really sick is the invention of some absurd abduction fairytale to cover up the death and disposal of your eldest daughter and then profit from it. Evil or Very Mad

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail - plus others - re homeless girl in Italy

Post  Heisenburg Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:18 pm

Is this what its come to.

Mystery of the 'English-speaking' girl living on the streets of Rome: Internet campaigners try to identify young homeless woman 'Maria' amid speculation she could be Madeleine McCann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Internet-campaigners-try-identify-young-homeless-woman-Maria-amid-speculation-Madeleine-McCann.html
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:41 pm

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:47 pm

Dare I ask how this girl has been existing so far? Money? Food? And she speaks English, so could answer questions?
Are we going to see every street urchin/waif and stray of around that age 'possibly MM'?

It's that time of year when these conscience pricking stories come out isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:48 pm

The article has been updated and changed slightly then since I posted it on the missing people thread.

The girl the internet thinks is Madeleine McCann:

Where on the internet do they think it's Madeleine McCann...?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 24 Empty Latest twaddle from the Daily Mail

Post  Freedom Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:09 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm

On the back of the Trump campaign stuff ......it would appear more games are afoot! Why!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next