MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 25 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm

Silly season approaching so expect more of the same.

Maybe someone could ask her in English where she's from and how sadly she ended up on the streets. And maybe the DM could post up the response tomorrow.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 25 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  bluebell Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

Oh, I sent a reply and it told me the thread wasn't there so I am trying again !!

Anyway (after a glass or 3 or wine 'cos I'm suffering from a lurgy)   =  any idea who these 'several people might be ??

Missing Persons of America wrote on a website page dedicated to 'Maria': 'There have been several people that think it may be Madeline McCann who would be 13 now.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Int

eta - just to add, when I read "appeal verdict due" as the thread title I suddenly tense. pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:27 pm

.... Apart from looking absolutely nothing like MM, the DM say the girl is 'thought to be in her late teens'.

Can someone remind the DM that MM (if she was alive but sadly isn't) would've been 13. And not late teens.

Sleep
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:29 pm

Sorry bluebell, I caused a bit of confusion by merging two topics which had been set up for the same story - and what a story this one is!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:32 pm

The 'several' people, Bluebell, are probably the McCanns themselves.

Any opportunity to link Madeleine's name to that of any missing child. Regardless of sex, colour, age.. etc.

It shoehorns Madeleine into the papers. Which is just the way they like it.

IMO etc,
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:02 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:04 pm

It's probably Ben Needham and he's now a girl.
:-D

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 22 Nov 2016, 5:40 am

Where is her eye fleck? Has she had a nose job? Is she wearing coloured contacts? Desperation anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:14 am

I don't know who put this load of nonsense together - it consists mainly of lingering photos of the McCanns; the one of Kate at around 4.30 is enough to curdle milk.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:01 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:06 am

Yesterday the Sun were the first to break this story about the mystery English girl homeless in Rome, probably in her late teens/early twenties.

They forgot to include 'Madeleine McCann' anywhere in the article.

They've since updated it:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2230978/mystery-english-speaking-girl-living-streets-rome-madeleine-mccann/
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

It is indeed twaddle. A simple DNA test would solve this in quick order. Instead we get rehashed speculation and a cynical attempt to sell papers.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:20 am

Freedom wrote:I don't know who put this load of nonsense together - it consists mainly of lingering photos of the McCanns; the one of Kate at around 4.30 is enough to curdle milk.

Reminds me more of Nigel Planer in the Young Ones
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:23 am

Now you mention it - yes!

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

The media has had it. Probably following a link on here(!) I stumbled onto the Sun's website the other day. Jesus. I thought I'd accidentally got The National Enquirer, or something. The main stories were about some woman having sex with a dog, and how WW3 is starting tomorrow.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:52 am

Do we assume that G&K have flown straight out there to check ?
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:56 am

That is a problem I've encountered, unreorganised. Sometimes there are links on comparatively tame stories to some real horrors.

There was one today about the lynching of a suspected paedophile - i.e. someone who hadn't even been convicted. I closed the link quickly but I still have an image in my head that will take a while to get rid of.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:57 am

I think we can assume not, PMR!

Even when there have been what appear to be credible sightings, they haven't bothered.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:21 am

canada12 wrote:It's probably Ben Needham and he's now a girl.
:-D

When I'm in the big cities like Manchester/Leeds etc then I often pass homeless people on the streets. Mainly young lads in there late 20's.

Due to being 'out of it' then most of these wouldn't know there own name or where they're from or how they got there etc.

This non-story is a bit like me going to the press and saying I spotted Ben Needham in Manchester City Ctr. He had blonde hair, mid to late 20s but didn't know where he was from etc, so it could be Ben.

This girl in question 'Maria', is probably a foreign student or a traveller taking a gap year. Fell out with her friends and decided to rough it for a few nights.

Or it's probably a complete hoax. A bit like the 'Piano man' from a few years back.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:03 am

Another updated version from the Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2236580/who-is-amanda-adlai-missing-michigan-girl-linked-to-madeleine-mccann-lookalike-case/

(apologies for those who don't like to click on the Sun website - but there's some interesting linked headline stories to a ghost captured on a back seat of a car and a Pyramid found in the North Pole. Proper news Very Happy )
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:23 am

I was actually wondering what happened to the Mirror's take on it and why no coverage.

Fear not - here they are:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/english-speaking-teen-could-madeleine-9307346

A young woman has been found living rough in Rome who, a missing persons organisation says, could be missing Madeleine McCann .

.... Beam me up Scotty!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:08 pm

A comment from a Facebook group.

"I don't know if it's her or not .but I know my wife and myself saw her in Rome in September .we noticed her because she looked English ,and she's not very old I would say she's about 25 ish".

It's not a McCann group so I don't get into debates as you tend to get a load of abuse so I've just commented on how old Madeleine would be.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 22 Nov 2016, 12:28 pm

Fell out of Phillip Green's plane during the papal visit, maybe?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 22 Nov 2016, 1:30 pm

I looked this up on some Italian news website. It shows a video of this woman walking the streets with her bags of shopping and some Italian bloke being interviewed who has spoken to her. Speaks to her daily apparently.

With a little help (but not much) from Google translate - apparently she is 21 and her name is Anna Leonette.

So not sure where 'Maria' was plucked from...

http://video.repubblica.it/edizione/roma/roma-caccia-all-identita-della-senzatetto-media-gb-potrebbe-essere-maddy/260061/260372?ref=HRESS-2
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next