MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty A "royal" appearance on Mothers' Day

Post  unreorganised Mon 27 Mar 2017, 9:37 am

Andrew wrote:Kate McCann endures tenth Mother’s Day

It's actually the ninth but I suppose it doesn't really matter about true facts when it's a McArticle being served up.

Maybe they know something we don't.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Andrew Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:56 am

Nah - just p!ss-poor journalism.

As usual.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:57 am

I like that remark, unreorganised!

More likely though as it's from Tracey Kandohla you can't expect basic accuracy from her. She really does seem to have taken over the reins of dear old Antonella Lazzeri, though with less bile and venom-spitting.

There have been a few non-stories like this where the McCanns have been "believed" to have attended some event or other but no photos exist to prove it.

I've transferred these posts from the annulment request rejected topic.

P.S. Andrew - snap!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 27 Mar 2017, 11:21 am

The title of this thread irks me.

There was no appearance.

Just a rumour that the family might have gone to church. For all we know, they could have gone to Wetherspoons for a Full English and a bottle of New Zealand's finest. Very Happy

I have amended the title!

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Madeleine's name included as it might sell another couple of newspapers...

Post  mumof6 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 12:08 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3203794/inside-facebooks-sickest-groups-where-trolls-share-memes-about-slavery-rape-and-abortion-and-joked-about-pc-palmers-terror-death/

Black humour is a way for people to cope with things that hurt, not my taste, but no reason to call everyone on that site a troll!

When did the definition of troll change to become "someone doing something I disagree with that involves use of the internet?"
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

I can't see a problem if the groups are closed and they are for like-minded adults only - of course that wouldn't stop under 18s joining.

It is I think preferable to having trolls (I think the term is acceptable then) posting horrible things on public pages where others will be upset.

I certainly don't agree that people who don't toe the line on official stories - be they on the McCann case, 9/11 or whatever - are trolls.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty MADELEINE TROLLS

Post  curious Thu 30 Mar 2017, 2:34 pm

Thanks for you post Freedom.  Yes people should try and think of solutions and ideas. We would all like to come to one or other conclusion regarding this story!  I don't think that the MCC should be bothered THEY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT AT THIS STAGE.  The fact that "young viewers" are commenting can sometimes be really miserable. They should leave this to be discussed, that is why we have this honor to leave our opinions. Razz
curious
curious

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 30 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

The Sun have crossed a line here. Why would you repost something so offensive knowing full well that you are massively increasing the chances of the chap's family reading it, when they were extremely unlikely to do so on a closed Facebook group?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:39 pm

Exactly, it really is a stupid thing to do, even by The Sun's usual standards.

More people are likely to join the groups too.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Paedophile after publicity

Post  Andrew Tue 16 May 2017, 8:28 pm

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/madeline-mccann-missing-aaron-collis--13042165

Cambridge paedophile Aaron Collis wasted police time with sick claims about Madeleine McCann
Met Police lost valuable time looking at Aaron Collis's depraved claims about missing Madeleine McCann

BY TOM PILGRIM
19:00, 16 MAY 2017 UPDATED19:07, 16 MAY 2017
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Paedophile after publicity

Post  mumof6 Wed 17 May 2017, 8:06 am

I am not at all sure about posting this here, I suppose we should have it for completeness but giving this guy publicity is exactly what he craves:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/convicted-paedophile-who-made-sick-10435990

A convicted paedophile who made a series of sick claims about Madeleine McCann to police says he 'still finds it funny'.

Former nursery worker Aaron Collis, 31, from Cambridge, pleaded guilty to 11 sex offences against children in 2009.

He has created a website which delves into why he committed his crimes, what support should be given to paedophiles and how he “craved” media attention following his conviction, Cambridge News reports.

After seven years in prison the former nursery worker claims he has now been sectioned under the Mental Health Act and is being held at a “medium secure hospital”.

The seriousness of Collis's crimes saw national coverage of his case over seven years ago.

Collis’s website details the various occasions in which he misled police during their investigations, both in his own case and over Madeleine McCann.

On his website he admits that in a sick bid to contact Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry he claimed he killed the youngster.

READ MORE
A prayer for Madeleine McCann - 10 years on and the heartbreak is just as visible on the faces of Kate and Gerry

Aaron Collis attracted national coverage seven years ago (Photo: Cambridge News)
The Met Police were forced to spend valuable time looking into his claims, and his website shows correspondence related to his dealings with the police in 2012.

The Cambridge News spoke to Collis on the phone and discovered he is unrepentant about wasting police time.

He said: “I was doing it to mess them around because I enjoyed it. I still do find it funny.”

On his site Collis still claims he may have seen Madeleine in France in 2007.

Challenged as to whether he could be trusted to tell the truth now, he said he did not care.

“There’s a difference between narcissistic behaviour and the truth,” he explained.

“The reasons I lied was to service my own purposes. I’ve got no reason to lie about anything else.

“Whether people choose to believe what’s on the website. I don’t really care.

“I’d rather people hate me than nothing at all. At least it’s an emotion. I want people to love me or hate me. I don’t want people to think I’m insignificant.”

Cambridgeshire Police said it could not comment on Collis's claims about Madeleine McCann as it was being dealt with by the Met Police. The Met said they could not comment either.

In the recent phone interview with the Cambridge News, Collis explained that he created the website, against the advice of his doctors, because he was “fed up” with public commentary on his case.

He claims that his family have been threatened by “vigilantes” online and offered no support.

Collis had no information about Madeleine McCann (Photo: PA)
Collis was first caught when a neighbour borrowed his camera and discovered images of abuse.

He is a former employee of Funky Fun House play centre and Snap! nursery in Cambridge, although none of his offences were said to be committed there.

Collis claims he now wants to highlight the need for better rehabilitation support for convicted paedophiles.

“I think they should be dealt with a bit more respect, as human beings - not as monsters and animals,” he said. “You’re just driving people to commit more offences.”

On his website Collis describes his own attempts to get support in prison as “poor” and “not fit for purpose”.

He writes that abuse in his childhood from a teacher contributed to his eventual offences.

READ MORE
'We're waiting for you': Madeleine McCann’s parents leave her a poignant 14th birthday message
"I’ve advocated for better rehabilitation of sex offenders in prison - it's not good enough," he said.

"People treat sex offenders differently. Hatred is not helpful, neglecting sex offenders is not helpful.

"I shouldn’t have to get sectioned before you start receiving treatment. There are people in prison who want that help."

Collis, whose youngest victim was less than two years old, openly discusses his interest in being chemically castrated on his website.

"It’s something I’m considering. It’s in transition as whether I need it or not,” he said. “Most of the problems are emotional. I won’t be getting release until I’m ready.

"I know what my problems are. I’ve come to the core of the problem I just need to address these certain issues."

Collis said he is "sorry" for his crimes, but the purpose of his website is not to detail his remorse.

READ MORE
Tycoon flew £1.5million private jet to Africa to find Madeleine McCann after tip-off about 'fair-haired child'
"I’m sorry and I’m remorseful and I’ve proved that through restorative justice," he claims. "I don’t need to prove it because it’s pointless, most people think you’re just evil."

"There’s lots of people who love me and they know me for who I am. My crimes don’t define me as a person.

"The website is not about my victims - it’s about me. I’m not going to come out in public and say I’m sorry anymore it doesn’t get you anywhere."

On his website he concludes: "I'm 31-years-old, lots of great adventures ahead of me.

"Words and comments thrown at me have no effect on me anymore because I have forgiven myself for my crimes and I won't be committing them again."

Interestingly, half way through the story it links to this old story which claims the McCanns refused to share information with the police:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/missing-madeleine-mccanns-parents-fell-10343097
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 17 May 2017, 8:50 am

Hi Mo6.

I posted a couple of links about that yest but it got relegated to the tumbleweed Misc Crime thread.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 17 May 2017, 9:02 am

I couldn't see the connection with the topic about Ian Horrocks, Andrew.

I'll bring your post here in a minute.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 17 May 2017, 9:02 am

Andrew wrote:Hi Mo6.

I posted a couple of links about that yest but it got relegated to the tumbleweed Misc Crime thread.

I think it is interesting because there is no specific reason why it should have been published now.

So, what has prompted it?

Why would *someone* want to link Madeleine's name with paedophilia? Who made that link within hours of her disappearance, possibly before the police got there, as an explanation for the "abduction"?

I suspect that this is part of the TM fight back.

mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 17 May 2017, 9:14 am

You may well be right. Gerry was overheard on the phone saying that Madeleine had been taken by paedophiles the night that she disappeared
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 17 May 2017, 9:41 am

I've never heard of this sick Aaron Collis fella before in relation to Madeleine McCann (never heard of him full stop), so there must be a reason it's been dragged up now as you say.

Another article by the Cambridge News about him. Sounds like the weirdo should be locked up for good.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/aaron-collis-crime-cambridge-abuse-13042531
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 17 May 2017, 9:56 am

Yes, it's no different in my view to all the silly alleged child abduction stories which are wheeled out every so often to "prove" that children are frequently snatched by strangers.

What could be better for TM purposes than a paedophile who has boasted about Madeleine?

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 17 May 2017, 10:27 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 17 May 2017, 12:24 pm

It is spreading like a nasty little virus.

Actually, that is all it is, a nasty little virus designed to make us believe that black is white.

It is a story that should never have been printed, this piece of ***** is just after publicity, he would say anything to get in the papers.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 17 May 2017, 12:38 pm

I blame the media entirely rather than this creature himself. I bet if he had never said anything about the McCann case, then we would never have heard of him.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 17 May 2017, 12:44 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 17 May 2017, 12:50 pm

On his website, Collis claims he may have seen Madeleine in France in 2007 and admits he tried to contact her parents Kate and Gerry.

The Met Police were forced to spend time looking into his claims

Did the Met really look into this back in 2007? Or have the Media just invented that bit up?

Sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Very much like Kate and Gerry's version of the 'truth'.

Imo etc.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 17 May 2017, 3:24 pm

The met would not have investigated it in 2007.

I think that it will have been one of their "promising" and "fresh" leads in OG, scraped from the bottom of the barrel.  Or someone's shoe. I am sure that SY did not spend more than, say, 1/2 million before deciding that it was a load of powerful fertiliser.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 28 Empty Daily Star: Madeleine is "in caves"

Post  Andrew Mon 22 May 2017, 12:23 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next