MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted

+16
Freedom
Rob Royston
Tangled Web
unreorganised
Mo
Helenmeg
PMR
poster
froggy
Heisenburg
Lee T G
Bampots
Mimi
candyfloss
dogs don't lie
Inca
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted Empty OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:23 pm

Grange to carry on. cheers

Jerry Lawton‏ @JerryLawton · 1m1 minute ago

The police probe into the disappearance of Madeleine #McCann is to continue after the Home Office grants Scotland Yards extra funds

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:25 pm

I think we can take it this is a bona fida investigation now, this would never be allowed to happen otherwise.  I am very pleased it is continuing, I hope they can reach a conclusion, and hopefully justice for Madeleine, they must have something, otherwise it would have been wound up the amount of dissenting voices against it.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted Empty Re: OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted

Post  Inca Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:37 pm

Blimey Shocked didn't think it would carry on, but I am more hopeful now this case may be resolved.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm

Excellent, and from this below awhile back it doesn't seem there's a need for new appeals, why would that be if they say she was abducted and no evidence she's come to any harm? My italics don't seem to be working, sorry candyfloss.

Of course we always want information and we can't rule out making new appeals if that is required. However, right now, new appeals or prompts to the public are not in the interest of what we are trying to achieve.

Last edited by dogs don't lie on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanking candyfloss, thank u X)

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:04 pm

Madeleine McCann: Government 'gives police £154,000' to extend search for missing toddler

Metropolitan Police are investigating 'significant leads'

The Home Office has reportedly handed the Metropolitan Police £154,000 to extend the search for missing toddler Madeleine McCann.

Scotland Yard had requested extra cash to continue its investigation into the three-year-old's disappearance in 2007.

The force had said it was investigating "significant" leads, which Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley described as "very worthwhile", Sky News reports.

The Met had previously suggested it would ask for further funds to investigate one final line of enquiry in the £11m Operation Grange.

Funding had previously only been guaranteed for the investigation to last until the end of September. 

In August the Home Office said it would consider providing additional funding for the investigation, but at that point had not recieved a request from the Met.

"The level of funding provided is a reflection of the wide-ranging and complex nature of the investigation which the police have deemed necessary to undertake," a spokesperson said.

Three-year-old Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal on 3 May, 2007.

Her disappearance sparked one of the most high-profile, and expensive, police investigations of recent times.

Scotland Yard's investigation has been active since 2011, but the number of detectives working on the case was cut from 29 to four in 2015.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-updates-missing-investigation-portugal-funding-home-office-operation-grange-a7972461.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:41 pm

"The level of funding provided is a reflection of the wide-ranging and complex nature of the investigation "

That indicates to me that they think it`s an international organisation involved and sounds as if they still think it`s an abduction - not just a simple accident involving her family.

Whatever - I`ll never understand how they are going to get around the fact that MBM died in that apartment - unless she was pimped out to an international organisation or unless she was a lure in a sting operation by CEOP and CEOP failed disastrously.

And remember a lot of the FOI requests TB has done have been answered with a blank saying it`s a matter of national security.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

candyfloss wrote:I think we can take it this is a bona fida investigation now, this would never be allowed to happen otherwise.  I am very pleased it is continuing, I hope they can reach a conclusion, and hopefully justice for Madeleine,  they must have something, otherwise it would have been wound up the amount of dissenting voices against it.

Me and you are only among a few that have always believed this! cheers
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 5:54 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
candyfloss wrote:I think we can take it this is a bona fida investigation now, this would never be allowed to happen otherwise.  I am very pleased it is continuing, I hope they can reach a conclusion, and hopefully justice for Madeleine,  they must have something, otherwise it would have been wound up the amount of dissenting voices against it.

Me and you are only among a few that have always believed this! cheers

Smile

Twitter full of people having a moan, as usual.  Why, ??? do they not want to find out what happened to Madeleine.  Can't they see that the Home Office would be told what the investigation has already found and if it was useless do they think it would just keep being allocated funds, with such pressing other things it could be spent on.  Plus with so many scrutinising every move, the would literally be barmy handing over yet more money..  You would think those interested in Madeleines fate who have followed for so long would want some sort of conclusion, not just left in the air after so much money gone.  Surely, now with even more funds allocated, and when SY had a get out clause to say they could go no further this proves they are working on some serious lines of enquiry.  Imo of course.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:23 pm

[size=36]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-updates-missing-investigation-portugal-funding-home-office-operation-grange-a7972461.html[/size]

[size=36]Textusa posted above link with a cryptic [/size]
[size=36]May 1-others 0[/size]

[size=36]She like TTWO and Cf to name but a few also has faith in Grange![/size]

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:24 pm

And it's much more money than last time ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:26 pm

It is more money but its still a trifiling amount......presumably there is not much more to do?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

Châtelaine wrote:And it's much more money than last time ...

Yeah, I was going to ask about that. What was the amount last time? Only 5 figures IIRC.

So not just being granted more money for an extension but an increase in too! Question

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:30 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:And it's much more money than last time ...

Yeah, I was going to ask about that. What was the amount last time? Only 5 figures IIRC.

So not just being granted more money for an extension but an increase in too! Question

I thought it about £90,000 ish?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:34 pm

If memory serves me it was 80,000 last time and 90,000 the time before.
So today's grant is almost double of last time ...
I stand corrected, though.

Anyway, it tells me that they rather need more money than time. Traveling? Forensics?
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:37 pm

OP Grange - the ones who invented an anonymous pixelated Crecheman to exonerate Tanner and you cheer its continuance on. Maybe they need the extra £154k to find Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, too.
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 6:49 pm

Lee T G wrote:OP Grange - the ones who invented an anonymous pixelated Crecheman to exonerate Tanner and you cheer its continuance on. Maybe they need the extra £154k to find Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, too.

Stop moaning. You should be happy!

OPERATION GRANGE TO CONTINUE - extra funding granted NecessaryDefensiveFurseal-max-14mb
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:00 pm

Happy? That that bunch of clowns told to protect the Mcs have been given another bunce to continue the same cover up? Do me a favour! Evil or Very Mad
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:07 pm

Lee T G wrote:Happy? That that bunch of clowns told to protect the Mcs have been given another bunce to continue the same cover up? Do me a favour! Evil or Very Mad
Do you really and honestly believe that?  Why on earth would they prolong a 'cover-up' ???  A cover up normally would be done and dusted not prolonged and prolonged.......   Why on earth would they not just shut the investigation down?   So easy to say they have looked at every avenue and not found any evidence or whatever.  People are watching, and watching carefully it seems,  they had a get out clause, but no, they have chosen to flounder around another six months, sorry I am not buying it.  Oh I know, they are carrying on because they want to stop Sonia's documentary from being shown Smile

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:11 pm

Lee T G wrote:Happy? That that bunch of clowns told to protect the Mcs have been given another bunce to continue the same cover up? Do me a favour! Evil or Very Mad

Honestly, I'm not convinced OG was ever designed to be a cover up (why involve dozens of incompetent cops when MI5/government could do all the cover up work quietly and privately?) and even if it was at the beginning it soon became impossible to do and a change occurred.

Now it is a:

wide-ranging and complex nature of the investigation

Media?
Government "officials"?
LP?  
M's+Tapas7?

All being investigated? We will see...
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:18 pm

For you to believe in OP Grange you have to believe that when Redwood put that picture up of a man who had apparently taken six years to recall "Oh gosh, that must have been me as Crecheman", a man with no face or name who just so happened to have the same clobber he wore on his hols, was real, too.
Seriously, I do wonder about people sometimes.
As for longevity, how many years did they cover up Hillsbro'? Gulf War and WMD?
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:25 pm

Who knows what Crecheman is really about. Could be a very embarrassing attempt to clear Tanner as you say or it could have been a "play" by OG to remove an obstacle as they saw it to get to their real "prey"?

Interesting about those three cases you cite. None actually got covered up! Some corrupt people tried but, IMO, failed. Hillsborough is interesting re: the Madeleine case for me because it involves media (The Sun) and a Police force (SYP).

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:04 pm

Lee T G wrote:OP Grange - the ones who invented an anonymous pixelated Crecheman to exonerate Tanner and you cheer its continuance on. Maybe they need the extra £154k to find Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, too.

Perhaps that was the plan - to put the whole Tapas 9 in the clear - but not really if you see what I mean.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:09 pm

@ Candyfloss and TTWO - if you believe OG is a genuine investigation, do you also believe the remit to investigate an abduction, and Andy Redwood when he said the parents are not suspects ?

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:24 pm

Mimi wrote:@ Candyfloss and TTWO - if you believe OG is a genuine investigation, do you also believe the remit to investigate an abduction, and Andy Redwood when he said the parents are not suspects ?

Firstly it was a 'review' originally.  It then became an 'investigation'.  The review looked at the case as 'if the abduction happened in the UK' IIRC... 

Andy Redwood, or any other detective would never name any suspects  whoever they may be, live on television or broadcast such information to the media,  Police just do not do that.  The police are conducting an investigation, they can say what they want whilst looking for the persons who committed the crime.   Why would they give a heads up to any suspect?  have you ever heard them say that in this country, I haven't,  only when the person is armed or dangerous and needs to be captured.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:26 pm

Mimi wrote:@ Candyfloss and TTWO - if you believe OG is a genuine investigation, do you also believe the remit to investigate an abduction, and Andy Redwood when he said the parents are not suspects ?

Firstly the remit was only ever in reference to the review AFAIK? It then became a full investigation/OG. Secondly AR's not suspects comment is irrelevant now he is long since retired but at the time it could have been true if OG were busy looking into other things. Or maybe he really believed they weren't suspects or was just flat out lying?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next