MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

+48
Walt
Honeyblade
poster
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
nobodythereeither
cherry
Magnum
wjk
gbwales
Mo
Acorn1
End
Inca
kylie
dantezebu
Popcorn
Ixta
TheTruthWillOut
myositis
crabbit
Beanie
chilli
marina
AndyB
chrissie
Scrants
Dee Coy
Admin
Antonia
mabossa ritchie
chris
Châtelaine
Freedom
Poe
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
bluebell
Andrew
PeterMac
costello
Bampots
Poppy
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Mimi
womandotcom
candyfloss
52 posters

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 Empty Re: Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:47 pm

That's more like it...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Funds-UPDATE-OVER £50.000 so far.

Post  costello Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:51 pm

So the hearing is not going ahead tomorrow have I read this right?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm

here is the article...

Posted by portugalpress on October 06, 2015

Online intrigue as McCanns close Twitter page and Amaral’s fund ‘goes missing’

Another eventful week online has seen the parents of Madeleine McCann shut down the Twitter account set up to find their daughter due to an “avalanche of offensive commentaries” from supporters of the family of Ben Needham - the toddler who went missing from the Greek island of Kos in 1991.

The toxic mail was prompted by the findmadeleine feed’s “blocking” of an account supporting the hunt for Ben after Ben’s mother publicly questioned the £10.1 million (€13.6 million) of taxpayer’s money ploughed into the ongoing police hunt for Madeleine, when only €800,000 has been spent over many more years looking for her son. But as the wrangle plays out in British and Portuguese press, another glitch has come to the surface.

Internet meddlers have “blocked” the gofundme page raising money to help beleaguered former detective Gonçalo Amaral fight the civil case taken out against him by the McCanns. Whereas the page could previously be found by Google in a simple internet search, this week it suddenly became untraceable. Bizarrely, search engine Bing still leads users to it - which has led to the online question: “Has Google prevented the search for Gonçalo Amaral Go Fund Me page… and if so why?”

The truth is that the page still exists and has now raised over €68,000. In the British press this week, Jerry Lawton of the Daily Star incorrectly stated that “a new libel case” begins tomorrow in Lisbon that could see appeal judges “strip the couple of £357,000 (just under €500,000), which they “hope to use” to find Madeleine. The case does not begin tomorrow. A legal source has told us the appeal is in the process of being considered and there is no indication for the time being when judges will reach a decision.

But what the Gofundme appeal online has ensured, said the source, is that Gonçalo Amaral is in a position to continue his legal fight, which he has repeatedly said centres on his own right to freedom of expression.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

http://portugalresident.com/online-intrigue-as-mccanns-close-twitter-page-and-amaral%E2%80%99s-fund-%E2%80%98goes-missing%E2%80%99

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm

Andrew wrote:That's more like it...

I heard that Hideho, mentioned that it was the wrong date or something. Reliable source. The 10 and the 7 were the wrong way round. Although might of got that wrong as well...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:09 pm

Oops, inadvertently quoted my own post, instead of Costellos from above. Or below. Can't recall..

Oh dear, certain people might think I'm Costellos sock now.

But anyway, wanted to highlight what I heard hideho said (through a close source)..

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:29 pm

Just to clarify, my 'sauce' is completely different to HDH's source.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 Empty Re:Dr. Amarals Defence Funds -UPDATE - over £50.000 so far.

Post  costello Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm

Andrew wrote:Oops, inadvertently quoted my own post, instead of Costellos from above. Or below. Can't recall..

Oh dear, certain people might think I'm Costellos sock now.

But anyway, wanted to highlight what I heard hideho said (through a close source)..

Andrew stay calm I'm sure most posters would agree there certainly couldn't be two of you, you are unique. I realised you had quoted yourself straight away, you are hilarious please don't ever change. Cheers.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 7:44 pm

Cheers costello (or am I now talking to myself / or are you talking to yourself....)

No, don't play those games (which observed elsewhere for a long time, and find it hilariously pathetic with it).

So back to topic, is it tomorrow or not.....

Come on G.A..
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Funds-UPDATE- over £50.000 so far.

Post  costello Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Cheers costello (or am I now talking to myself / or are you talking to yourself....)

No, don't play those games (which observed elsewhere for a long time, and find it hilariously pathetic with it).

Come on G.A..

Andrew any chance you could find out as you are always spot on with your links, news etc. I honestly thought the hearing was tomorrow especially with all the distractions over the last couple of days.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 06 Oct 2015, 8:58 pm

Hi de Ho posted across the way today that the date is wrong. What we took to be 7 Oct was actually 10 July when the appeal was filed. So a mix up in the meaning of 7/10/07.She said no actual date for conclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 06 Oct 2015, 9:00 pm

You mean all the McCann-generated angst was for nothing? Haw, Haw, Haw
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Tue 06 Oct 2015, 9:10 pm

This is posted on the Pamalam site by Anne Guedes I don't know if anything has changed or not?

Sorry it's a long post

Libel trial McCann v Goncalo Amaral - Confirmation of Appeal translation from Wednesday 07 October 2015

Process: 1454/09.5TVLSB
Authors/ Applicants: Kate Marie Healy McCann and others
Subject: Appeal
Your Ref: Defendant Gonçalo de Sousa Amaral

Regarding the above referenced case file, you are notified of the admissibility of the appeal as well as of the content of the order released in EP (Electronic Process), with the reference number 338001289 (Pgs 2382 of the PP (Paper Copy), of which a copy is attached.
Moreover you are notified that the case proceedings will be at the Tribunal da Relação de Lisboa on October 7, 2015

Conclusion :

Within the scope of article 617-1 of the CPC (Civil Processual Code) and referring to the grounds of the decision, I consider that the nullities pointed out in the appeal don’t occur and the judgement is maintained as issued.

Appeal:
I accept the filed appeals, since they meet the deadlines, have been submitted by those with authority to do so and because the decision is appealable. (Articles 629, 631 and 641 all of the new CPC).
The appeal request (Article 645-a) concerns the proceedings with a merely devolutive effect (Article 647-1). See notes below

I notify and declare the release of the proceedings to the Venerable Tribunal da Relação de Lisboa (Lisbon’s Appeal Court )

Note : “Devolutive effect” means that the proceedings (facts and law) will be transferred to a higher Court and examined again.

Artigo 645-a of the new CPC (ex 691A-1a)

Modo de subida

Way of transferring the process to a higher court

1. Sobem nos próprios autos as apelações interpostas :

Are transferred the proceedings referring to the appeals filed against :

a) Das decisões que ponham termo ao processo

The decisions that put an end to the trial

Artigo 647-1 of the new CPC (ex 692)

Efeito da apelação

Effect of the appeal

1. A apelação tem efeito meramente devolutivo, excepto nos casos previstos nos números seguintes.

The appeal has a merely devolutive effect, except as provided in the following paragraphs.

Note : As those following paragraphs aren't quoted, there's no exception here. The last of the few cases contemplated by the law in which the appeal suspends the process is :

4. Fora dos casos previstos no número anterior, o recorrente pode requerer, ao interpor o recurso, que a apelação tenha efeito suspensivo quando a execução da decisão lhe cause prejuízo considerável e se ofereça para prestar caução, ficando a atribuição desse efeito condicionada à efectiva prestação da caução no prazo fixado pelo tribunal.

Apart from the cases provided for in the preceding paragraph, the applicant may request, when filing the appeal, a suspensive effect, if the execution of the decision would cause him considerable damage, and offer to provide a bail, the granting of this effect being conditioned to an actual deposit within the time limit prescribed by the court.

Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 Empty Re:Dr.Amarals Defence Funds-UPDATE- over £50.000 so far.

Post  costello Tue 06 Oct 2015, 9:13 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
costello wrote:
Andrew wrote:Cheers costello (or am I now talking to myself / or are you talking to yourself....)

Come on G.A..

Andrew any chance you could find out as you are always spot on with your links, news etc. I honestly thought the hearing was tomorrow especially with all the distractions over the last couple of days.
Hi de Ho posted across the way today that the date is wrong. What we took to be 7 Oct was actually 10 July when the appeal was filed. So a mix up in the meaning of 7/10/07.She said no actual date for conclusions.

Cheers Chirpy, I understand now. So why all the strange goings on the last few days, obviously no connection then. I feel a bit more positive now.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Oct 2015, 9:54 pm

I would hazard a guess, that for a while,  the (losers) on the McTeam, have been trying their best to put a halt on things.

They know they're running out of time. To the end though, when you expect a paycheck.

It's interesting (as an observer)  to watch how they play things, manipulate, angles they intentionally come in at..

Remainder of post removed.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 07 Oct 2015, 11:52 am

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 CQtV-PuWwAAnGcC

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 12 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 34 CQ-B27oXAAE4Dk1

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Mon 12 Oct 2015, 2:38 pm

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
Mystery surrounds ownership of the Gonçalo Amaral Legal Defence Fund as originator Leanne Baulch exits site. #McCann

???!
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:00 pm

Châtelaine wrote:UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
Mystery surrounds ownership of the Gonçalo Amaral Legal Defence Fund as originator Leanne Baulch exits site. #McCann

???!
It was made public a while ago, although I can't remember where I read it now, that Leanne is still studying at college and has her child to look after and the fund was handed over to GA's official website - the pjga.

The Justice Forum seems to be trying to stir things, yet again, to stop people from donating.

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:05 pm

Perhaps this has arisen due to the latest google scandal re Dr Amaral's fund no longer showing??

More dirty tricks?

If so, more donations will flood in to Dr Amaral, and that's a given!
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Châtelaine wrote:UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum

???!
It was made public a while ago, although I can't remember where I read it now, that Leanne is still studying at college and has her child to look after and the fund was handed over to GA's official website - the pjga.

The Justice Forum seems to be trying to stir things, yet again, to stop people from donating.
Yes quite a while ago now that Leanne left and as you said DFM pjga now run it.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:10 pm

pennylane wrote:Perhaps this has arisen due to the latest google scandal re Dr Amaral's fund no longer showing??

More dirty tricks?

More donations have flooded in because of the debacle regarding the Fund not showing up on Google searches, but it seems to be a technical issue and the fact that the pjga Fund doesn't have a Facebook account.  I believe all Funds started on the GoFundMe site have to be connected to a Facebook account to be recognised on Google search (I think I've got that right).

Anyway it's made more money for the Fund so who are we to argue?   Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
pennylane wrote:Perhaps this has arisen due to the latest google scandal re Dr Amaral's fund no longer showing??

More dirty tricks?

More donations have flooded in because of the debacle regarding the Fund not showing up on Google searches, but it seems to be a technical issue and the fact that the pjga Fund doesn't have a Facebook account.  I believe all Funds started on the GoFundMe site have to be connected to a Facebook account.

Anyway it's made more money for the Fund so who are we to argue?   Smile

Indeed yes!  The dirty tricks of the McCann supporters are becoming most unhurtful and helpful! Wink

Thanks for explaining the Facebook issue DFM!  It makes sense, except for the timing when it happened, which was quite some time afterwards?
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:50 pm

The Facebook account thing may be a new strategy brought in to stop fraud (to stop anyone opening a GoFundMe site but has no connection to anything else on the internet, they can then be monitored or found through a Facebook account it they do a runner with people's money) or it could be because Google (through Facebook) get a percentage of the GoFundMe accounts' commission to advertise the GFM funds on the Google search engine.

I'm only guessing of course as to why Google stopped showing GA's fund on their searches.  It could also have been due to nefarious goings on, and people tried to scupper the account.

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:56 pm

I don't think I've ever gone into google and not found what I was looking for, but it could be new as you say.
pennylane
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 12 Oct 2015, 3:59 pm

costello wrote:
Andrew wrote:Seen this tweet from a few hours back..

https://mobile.twitter.com/umweltbuerger/status/633574533786681344

Yes Andrew the tweet was taken from Hideho's comment on the gofundme site this morning. Leanne only monitored the site until the target amount was reached. Just goes to show what kind of person she is, amazing, job done then she pales into insignificance. What a lovely lady, no ego, truly genuine.

Leanne handed the fund over to the PJ a couple of months ago.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next