MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

+28
mumof6
Benevolent
dannii
Inca
seahorse
Mimi
eltee
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
dantezebu
Walt
Guinea Pig
wjk
chirpyinsect
candyfloss
costello
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Thetruth
Châtelaine
Popcorn
PMR
Anne
Cristobell
chilli
Admin
32 posters

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 10 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Andrew Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:08 am

This was always a bizarre one - Charlene Downes who went missing in Blackpool 13 years ago, never to be seen again.

Just in the news again this morning.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/charlene-downes-murder-new-cctv-9168783
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 10 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Andrew Tue 01 Nov 2016, 11:11 pm

No idea where to put this article but will put it here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/worried-parents-fearing-missing-children-9174096

Lifeguards at a British beach where seven people died last summer claim they are being stretched by parents thinking their missing children are the next "Madeleine McCann or Ben Needham".

Rother District Council officer Robert Cass told an inquest another difficulty for lifeguards at Camber Sands beach, East Sussex, was an increase in the number of people unable to understand English.

As many as 25,000 people can use the beach on a single day.

Rother District Council officer Robert Cass said it takes up "a lot of our time" because the rightfully worried parents are "thinking they have the next Ben Needham or Maddie McCann."
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 02 Nov 2016, 8:15 am

I'm not sure what to make of that one!

It's interesting though to see the two missing children's names linked together like that - it may give more people the idea that each case is as dubious as the other.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 02 Nov 2016, 9:51 am

I make it out to be an absolute ridiculous story that's been made up on the spot and why now. For a start at this time of the year, this particular beach will be deserted.

So on a hot summers day weekend the beach probably is packed and kids are playing, then some might wander off out of their parents sight for a few moments. Any stories about these kids actually going missing? No because they didn't. Then we have a story about 7 people in total, teenagers and adults that have sadly drowned there in the past.

If these kids do go out of sight for a few moments and the parents rush to the lifeguard or whatever, then do they really say my kid was playing over there but now he's wandered off, I think she/he is the next Madeleine or Ben...... I doubt it.

A nonsense story.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 02 Nov 2016, 10:24 am

There was a lot of speculation at the time that it was would-be migrants who were washed up on the beach. This seems to be a retrofitting effort to prove that was not the case, with a Maddie/Ben angle thrown in to get people to actually read it.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:03 am

Indeed. You're probably right there.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:11 am

Just watched Richard D Hall. Didn't agree with all he said - I suspect something different became of Ben - but I do agree that there is a coordinated attempt to bracket the two cases together in people's minds. Hence them turning up together in stories that don't have anything to do with either of them, like this one for instance.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 02 Nov 2016, 8:03 pm

I didn't catch his conspiracy theory about media involvement etc but regarding the actual story mentioned which is this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-37835937

... then it's not exactly appealing to your average 'Mirror' reader so they jazz it up a bit and shoehorn the names of the 2 most famous 'missing' children in so it attracts the desired clickbait.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 10 Empty Mystery of the Chinese boy

Post  Andrew Thu 10 Nov 2016, 2:13 pm

Probably doesn't warrant its own thread but didn't know where to put it. So started one anyway.

Mystery of the Chinese boy who 'fell down a deep well' after a large rescue operation involving 80 diggers 'found the chute to be EMPTY

affraid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3923808/Mystery-Chinese-boy-fell-deep-massive-rescue-operation-involving-80-diggers-chute-empty.html

ETA - Should've put it on the Missing Children thread actually. Move if need be Mods.

Done!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 8:12 am

That little boy was found. But sadly found dead.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 11 Nov 2016, 8:16 am

Where have you seen that, Andrew? I can't find anything about it.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:13 am

Freedom wrote:Where have you seen that, Andrew? I can't find anything about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-37946716
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:15 am

A strange one:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/schoolboy-vanished-bike-ride-school-9233949

Boy vanishes on bike ride to school leaving letter to parents saying he was 'bored of life' but would return within a year
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:27 am

I think that many of us will have had feelings of wanting to get away for a new life when we were teenagers - and maybe when we were older too.

This lad seemed to know exactly what he was doing but the worry is how will he find the means to support himself - including somewhere to live - at 15?

Last edited by Freedom on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Age corrected)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:30 am

Andrew wrote:A strange one:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/schoolboy-vanished-bike-ride-school-9233949

Boy vanishes on bike ride to school leaving letter to parents saying he was 'bored of life' but would return within a year

That clunking great reference to the Missing People charity has got my spider senses tingling.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:34 am

I'm surprised they haven't managed to locate him in the last 9 weeks.

He must've took a lot of cash with him to be sufficient as presumably if he used a bank card they'd be able to trace him quite quickly.

Very strange indeed.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:41 am

unreorganised wrote:
Andrew wrote:A strange one:

That clunking great reference to the Missing People charity has got my spider senses tingling.

Smile

I missed that bit.

His father added: "If you don't want to ring home there's a charity called Missing People.

If he called them then they'd probably actually tell him to stay missing.

ETA - had to look it up on the website to see if there was a reference to him. There is.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find/arthur-heeler-frood-16-004433
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:59 am

I wonder what happened to this boy - who reminds me of my son at that age - who disappeared clearly of his own volition nine years ago.

Beware, there is mention of the McCanns in this link.

http://helpustofindandrew.weebly.com/in-the-press.html

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:19 am

Certainly is a very baffling one about Andrew Gosden. A very bright and clever young boy by all accounts. But bright enough to disappear undetected all this time.... scratch

Sadly I don't think he's alive.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 11 Nov 2016, 10:07 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 12 Nov 2016, 7:38 pm

Missing grammar school boy Arthur Heeler-Frood could be using survival tips from TV adventurer Bear Grylls to live in the wild and may have ‘picked up’ methods to avoid detection from the Jason Bourne spy films, his father revealed yesterday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3930448/Arthur-Heeler-Frood-copying-Bear-Grylls-Jason-Bourne-survive.html

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Tue 15 Nov 2016, 11:17 pm

Arthur was found today in Honiton he's now back with his parents.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 16 Nov 2016, 9:58 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-37994686

That's good to hear - I hope that whatever caused him to leave in the first place isn't still unresolved though.

Speaking generally, teenagers returned home against their will aren't likely to stay there for long.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Wed 16 Nov 2016, 2:48 pm

Apparently one of the reasons was because he was bored.

I was bored last thursday so i went to Asda and spent over £100 on nothing that i needed,i should have just ran away it probably would have been cheaper.

I'm pleased he has now been found,he was gone a long time.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next