MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

+28
mumof6
Benevolent
dannii
Inca
seahorse
Mimi
eltee
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
dantezebu
Walt
Guinea Pig
wjk
chirpyinsect
candyfloss
costello
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Thetruth
Châtelaine
Popcorn
PMR
Anne
Cristobell
chilli
Admin
32 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 11 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Andrew Mon 21 Nov 2016, 8:26 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958402/Mystery-English-speaking-girl-living-streets-Rome-Internet-campaigners-try-identify-young-homeless-woman-Maria-amid-speculation-Madeleine-McCann.html

Mystery of the 'English-speaking' girl living on the streets of Rome: Internet campaigners try to identify young homeless woman 'Maria' amid speculation she could be Madeleine McCann

See separate topic on this story.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t1605-latest-twaddle-from-the-daily-mail-plus-others-re-homeless-girl-in-italy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 11 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Andrew Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:09 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:13 pm

A strange one:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4003022/Police-launch-huge-manhunt-missing-boy-two-toddler-asleep-home-brother-s-bunk-bed.html

A missing two-year-old boy sparked a major police search only to be found asleep on his brother's bunk bed all along.
Logan Markland had been playing with his four brothers and sister on Sunday afternoon but suddenly disappeared, causing the family to panic.
His parents Samantha Cadman and James Markland, of Swinton, Greater Manchester, frantically searched the house - shouting his name and looking everywhere for the toddler.
They even recruited neighbours and their children to head out with torches to try and find the tot.
A Greater Manchester Police tactical aid unit arrived with several police officers who also searched the home but were unable to find him.
Ms Cadman, 28, a secretary, said: 'I went to check where Logan was, thinking he was asleep upstairs, but he wasn't there.
'I shouted "Where's Logan?" So we searched all the bedrooms, everywhere. But he wasn't there.'
She then rushed to the police station to see if anyone had spotted him and taken him there.
Ms Cadman, a secretary, added: 'He was reported as missing straight away and they sent every available officer out on the street to find him, even doing car stops to ask if people had seen him.

'I just kept thinking of all the things that could have happened. It was all running through my mind. You just think the worst.'
Back at the house Mr Markland was with five police officers who also searched the house.

Mr Markland, 44, a floor layer said, after 40 'agonising' minutes Logan was discovered by the other children in his brother's bunk bed.
He said: 'We heard the children shout "There he is!" so I rushed to the bottom of the stairs and he is sat on the top step rubbing his eye almost as to say, "what's all this going on here".'
They asked where he had been so he pointed to the top bunk of his brothers' bed

His parents said he is advanced for his age and is able to climb easily onto the top bunk.
Mr Markland added: 'Relieved is not the word. It was awful going through that. It was humbling the help we had from everyone.'
Ms Cadman said she was told while she was at the police station and added: 'I thanked them and apologised for causing so much mayhem. I got back and Logan was looking at me as if to say "what's the problem"? Luckily it ended well.'
At the height of the search Greater Manchester Police urged people to help keep lookout for the boy on the Swinton Facebook page, before writing: 'The missing toddler from Swinton has been found safe and well. Fast asleep in his siblings top bunk bed.'

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 05 Dec 2016, 10:33 pm

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/police_appeal_for_help_to_find_missing_teenager_samuel_creed_from_bury_st_edmunds_1_4805642

Another one 'disappeared' from Bury St Edmonds. Although I don't think they're related in any shape or form.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:14 pm

I've never heard of this one before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38219550
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:22 pm

Freedom wrote:I've never heard of this one before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38219550

There's a couple of articles on it on page 3 of the 'Gang Probe' thread. I put them on there as like with most missing children articles they shoehorn Madeleine into it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 06 Dec 2016, 4:17 pm

Sorry about that, I missed those links at the time.

As far as I'm aware - I have a good memory for names - this case received no publicity whatsoever in the U K at the time (or at any time since until now) and neither did that of the 3 Beaumont children who vanished from a beach four years earlier.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 06 Dec 2016, 5:32 pm

A bit more from the Sun on it in their latest article:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2341500/cheryl-grimmer-british-girl-snatched-madeleine-mccann-australia/

They've only managed to mention the name Madeleine McCann 3 times in this article though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 08 Dec 2016, 2:30 pm

Another young lad going missing after a night out:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fears-grow-missing-18-year-9416299
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 11 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 13 Dec 2016, 8:44 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4027896/Young-mother-24-missing-work-Christmas-party.html

Sticking this here as was just on the phone to someone who vaguely knows the family and she mentioned it.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 13 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm

Andrew wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4027896/Young-mother-24-missing-work-Christmas-party.html

Sticking this here as was just on the phone to someone who vaguely knows the family and she mentioned it.

She's been found. Well turned up after a bender by the looks of it.

She should get in trouble for wasting everyone's time, IMO.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/louise-maloney-missing-found-sister-12312806
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:21 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 21 Dec 2016, 4:40 pm

I think it's been mentioned here before - another one with surprisingly little publicity at the time and in subsequent years.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 28 Dec 2016, 12:51 pm

Inevitable memories of James Bulger here.

Let's hope for a quick and safe outcome.

P.S. All is well.

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/14990383.UPDATE__Five_year_old_girl_safe_and_well_after_being_reported_missing_at_shopping_centre/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm

I've never heard of this case before. There was a similar one in South Africa where the now teenage girl did not want to be reunited with her real family. This one isn't likely to have a happy ending for everyone either.

http://news.sky.com/story/baby-kamiyah-mobley-found-safe-18-years-after-abduction-say-police-10727685
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:46 pm

As expected Rolling Eyes

Madeleine McCann's parents new hope after baby stolen 18 years ago found alive

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-fresh-hope-9618987#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 14 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

A reminder of the only case (as far as I'm aware) of a missing baby in the U K who has never been found.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4232659.stm

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/philip-hensher/philip-hensher-there-are-some-crime-stories-that-will-never-reveal-their-ending-7715603.html

The McCanns have been shoe-horned into the second link and some of the references to them are nauseating!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 11 Empty Tammy Kingery - Missing since 2014

Post  candyfloss Fri 20 Jan 2017, 9:52 am

Very interesting this one, just watched it on ID channel Disappeared programme. Video I watched after this article -  I have formed my opinion as to what happened to her, what do others think..

http://crimefeed.com/2016/05/tammy-kingery/

Three Lingering Questions From The Tammy Kingery Missing Persons Investigation

May 2, 2016 by Crime Feed Staff

On September 20, 2014, Tammy Kingery disappeared after leaving work sick. The only clue she left behind at her North Augusta, South Carolina home was a note saying she’d gone for a walk in the woods and would return soon.

Despite over a year of searching, no one has seen or heard from Tammy since she was reported missing. And while there are no solid clues, the list of theories continues to grow.

Below, we review the biggest questions presented in the latest episode of “Disappeared”:
A recreation of Tamy's note and phone left behind.

A recreation of Tamy’s note and phone left behind.

Why did Tammy leave for a walk when she was home sick from work?

After returning from working early, Tammy retired to her bedroom to rest for the day. Park, her husband of almost 20 years, left Tammy at their house and took their three kids to run errands so she could relax quietly.

At some point during two hours after Park and the kids were gone, Tammy decided to go for a walk. While taking a walk near your home seems normal enough, the Kingery house is located deep in the woods and it was uncharacteristic of Tammy to walk through the area by herself.

Tammy’s husband also found it odd that she left a note behind, which read “going on a walk, be back soon, love you.” Those close to Tammy insist that she would have sent a text message to her loved ones if she planned to leave home unexpectedly.

And even more perplexing, Tammy did not take her purse, her phone, her money or her credit card when she left the house.
Tammy and her sisters, Becky and Amy.

Tammy and her sisters, Becky and Amy.

Was Tammy’s battle with depression linked to her disappearance?

In the weeks leading to Tammy’s disappearance, she had been exhausted and had spent most evenings in bed. Tammy’s co-workers also reported that she had been agitated and acting oddly the morning she went missing.

Tammy’s husband also noticed that her poor health seemed to be linked to her deepening depression. Before she vanished, Tammy had described her feelings of hopeless and had been convinced that no doctor or medication could help her.

Even more troubling, Tammy had attempted to commit suicide years before she went missing. Given her history of depression, her family and investigators were initially fearful that she might have attempted to hurt herself.

If Tammy did leave her house with the intent to harm herself, why haven’t investigators or volunteer search groups been able to find any clues within 10 miles of the home?

Was Tammy really alone when she left?

When Park found his wife’s troubling note, he immediately went to search for her. After four hours of looking for Tammy, Park called the police. Family and friends, along with tracking dogs, searched the area for days. As previously mentioned, the extensive search did not result in any physical evidence that Tammy walked away from the house.

Adding to the mysterious events, Tammy’s teen daughter thought she had seen her mom on a motorcycle the day she went missing. The woman on the bike, who reportedly looked just like Tammy, was riding with an unknown man. While the tip is compelling, the details are limited and many people in the area own motorcycles. Determining if Tammy’s daughter saw her mother that day is nearly impossible without someone coming forward with more information.

Building the case that Tammy left with someone, a neighbor of the Kingery’s heard what sounded like a motorcycle pull into the home’s
A family photo of Tammy via Facebook

A family photo of Tammy via Facebook

driveway in the hours during which Park and the kids were running errands. Who would have come to the Kingery household?

Furthermore, Tammy’s phone records revealed that she had been texting two men. The text messages reportedly indicated romantic relationships, but police insisted that the texts are not linked to her disappearance.

Although there are many believe that Tammy left the area willingly, or even forcibly, with a third party, there is no hard evidence to identify a suspect. Those involved in the investigation hope that someone will come forward with information about Tammy’s disappearance.

Last edited by candyfloss on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benevolent Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:00 am

OOOOO I haven't heard of this one, very intriguing from what I have read so far. Will have a read up of stuff from the beginning. What are your thoughts about it Candyfloss ?
Benevolent
Benevolent

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

Something not right at all, and I have the opinion that it was not a suicide or a stranger., so as the police always say the nearest and dearest must be under suspicion.  The lie detector test was the clincher for me, why on earth tell people beforehand he wouldn't pass and that he had had a fear of them from the start?  Although having said that I suppose you would be a bag of nerves and stress, I know I would as I am that sort of person.   As the cops said if it was suicide she would have been found by now, and even if she jumped into the water she would have floated up at some point.  I just cannot see a mother of 3 young children walking out and leaving them without taking anything at all with her either. scratch  So was there a stranger lurking in those woods?

It's worth a watch of the video I posted if you like unsolved mysteries.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:07 pm

Apologies if I'm having a senior moment but where is the video? I can find only a one minute trailer.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 20 Jan 2017, 12:34 pm

Freedom wrote:Apologies if I'm having a senior moment but where is the video? I can find only a one minute trailer.

Doh, apologies I put the trailer up, here it is..

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 20 Jan 2017, 4:34 pm

Glad it wasn't another senior moment.

There were some technical problems towards the end but I've got the gist of it. If it's true that the couple's 13-year-old son saw his mother alive before he and his father went out, then I think that rules the latter out as a suspect.

Most likely I think is that sadly she did go away with the intention of committing suicide and that presumably is what happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next