MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

+30
PeterMac
Poe
Andrew
Beanie
Jellybot
chirpyinsect
chilli
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Poppy
candyfloss
Popcorn
Fiat500
Cristobell
Mo
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
Mimi
Dee Coy
margaret
Helenmeg
Thetruth
Lioned
Châtelaine
costello
AndyB
End
Freedom
Anne
chrissie
34 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 8 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  Popcorn Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:02 am

I agree with Cristobell. It's refreshing to see a journalist who is apparently keen to shed fresh light on this case and I am a little bemused by the numbers of online commenters (not especially on this forum, but fairly widely spread) who are ready to dismiss this documentary, despite having complained long and hard about the lack of objective reporting of this case by mainstream journalists!
I'm not an uncritical fan of Sonia Poulton (it worries me that so many Madeleine documentary makers are moon-landing deniers like Poulton or alien-landing believers like Richard D Hall). I don't know how insightful her documentary will be, but I am keen to see it and hope that it can find a place on a mainstream terrestrial channel. If nothing else, I think the circumstances around Brenda Leyland's untimely end deserve closer investigation and exposure, especially as both press and TV news outlets run with "troll" horror stories on an almost daily basis, in an attempt, I suspect to help muzzle online comment. I suppose what I'm saying is, why prejudge this documentary? Why not simply wait and see what she comes up with, and then discuss it?
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 8 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  candyfloss Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:22 am

Popcorn wrote:I agree with Cristobell. It's refreshing to see a journalist who is apparently keen to shed fresh light on this case and I am a little bemused by the numbers of online commenters (not especially on this forum, but fairly widely spread) who are ready to dismiss this documentary, despite having complained long and hard about the lack of objective reporting of this case by mainstream journalists!
I'm not an uncritical fan of Sonia Poulton (it worries me that so many Madeleine documentary makers are moon-landing deniers like Poulton or alien-landing believers like Richard D Hall). I don't know how insightful her documentary will be, but I am keen to see it and hope that it can find a place on a mainstream terrestrial channel. If nothing else, I think the circumstances around Brenda Leyland's untimely end deserve closer investigation and exposure, especially as both press and TV news outlets run with "troll" horror stories on an almost daily basis, in an attempt, I suspect to help muzzle online comment. I suppose what I'm saying is, why prejudge this documentary? Why not simply wait and see what she comes up with, and then discuss it?

Indeed Popcorn, and you have to ask yourself why.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:54 am

candyfloss wrote:
Popcorn wrote:I agree with Cristobell. It's refreshing to see a journalist who is apparently keen to shed fresh light on this case and I am a little bemused by the numbers of online commenters (not especially on this forum, but fairly widely spread) who are ready to dismiss this documentary, despite having complained long and hard about the lack of objective reporting of this case by mainstream journalists!

That's very unfair. The fact is that Sonia asked for someone to talk about the McCann case but the interview that Cristobel had was actually about trolling. What is wrong with expressing the concerns that Sonia a) appears to be conflating a story about trolling with a story about the McCanns and
B) is supplying sacrificial lambs from the McCann sceptic community under a false pretext (a chance to put the Mccann sceptic point of view) to a newspaper that is very keen to have us all branded as vile trolls and non violent extremists? Why does that mark me out as someone who has a sinister agenda? I hope my concerns are misplaced but I think I should be allowed to express them without having aspertions cast on my motive.
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:57 am

AndyB wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

That's very unfair. The fact is that Sonia asked for someone to talk about the McCann case but the interview that Cristobel had was actually about trolling. What is wrong with expressing the concerns that Sonia a) appears to be conflating a story about trolling with a story about the McCanns and
B) is supplying sacrificial lambs from the McCann sceptic community under a false pretext (a chance to put the Mccann sceptic point of view) to a newspaper that is very keen to have us all branded as vile trolls and non violent extremists? Why does that mark me out as someone who has a sinister agenda? I hope my concerns are misplaced but I think I should be allowed to express them without having aspertions cast on my motive.

It started well before that tweet and Sun article. Why are you taking it personally.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 10 Feb 2015, 10:12 am

I agree and I still hope that the documentary puts information into the public domain that is ignored by MS.  Nevertheless you can't deny that the tweet and the subsequent interview and article could be viewed as undermining Sonia's commitment to the Mccann story and may be suggestive of an establishment "vile trolls,  close the Internet" point of view. Don't forget we don't know who's paying for the documentary and it will be produced to their specification

I'm taking it personally because you made a snide comment about anyone who (like me) wants to comment on what may be in the documentary and isn't prepared to sit quietly and wait "Indeed Popcorn, and you have to ask yourself why". What exactly are you suggesting? Why do you feel the need to question my motives (and those of  others who have expressed similar concerns)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 10 Feb 2015, 10:13 am

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton  · 46m46 minutes ago  
@hondo1650 @PORTUGALCDS @vivienmiss @B_balou there are infiltrators, taking these matters into cul de sacs. Will be highlighted.

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton · 1h1 hour ago
@PORTUGALCDS @vivienmiss @B_balou @JimGamble_INEQE TY giving it my best shot. Regardless of the obstacles being created.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:50 am

candyfloss wrote:Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton  · 46m46 minutes ago  
@hondo1650 @PORTUGALCDS @vivienmiss @B_balou there are infiltrators, taking these matters into cul de sacs. Will be highlighted.

If this is actually the case then you really have to wonder what is it stake.

Back to top Go down

Post  End Tue 10 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm

Cristobell wrote:The old adage mud sticks could not be more applicable than here in this case.  

What harm can Sonia Poulton's documentary possibly do?  

At best it will reach a world wide audience and any hope of a cover up will be lost.  The fewer people who know about a cover up, the more chance of its success.  The public have no power if they have no information.

The way in which it is formatted and presented will not make one iota of difference to any of our lives, it won't affect the investigation, but it may, if we are lucky, help in the campaign to get justice for the little girl who lost her life, the detective who has given everything to his vocation to help the innocent and the vulnerable, and for Brenda Leyland an innocent woman caught up in this evil spiders web, simply for speaking up for the child.  

Those are, or should be, our goals, getting the truth about this 'abduction' out into the public arena.  It doesn't matter who gets the truth out there, or how they go about it, what matters is that we McCann sceptics counter the constant stream of lies that are prolonging the cover up.  Those who are being picky and choosy about the mainstream journalists who are putting their careers on the line to get justice for this child, have somewhat lost the plot.  Positive and negative stories bring people flocking to the McCann files, the blogs and the forums.  The October 2013 'pro' McCann Crimewatch, saw a dramatic rise in membership of the facebook groups and forums.  

If those McCann sceptics (thanks anon) achieve their goal of stopping Sonia's documentary, what exactly will they have achieved?  They will have stopped information reaching the public that might have an influence on the eventual outcome of this case.  They are effectively, doing exactly the same as Team McCann, that is they are demanding censorship of news they don't want the public to see for whatever reasons they may have.    

Unfortunately, there are many writers on this case who have fallen into the trap of believing that they can tell an audience what to think by withholding, obscuring and distorting views and opinions that differ from their own.  They give their audience no credit whatsoever for having the gumption to look further into what they have seen/read.  The most effective writing plants ideas, it doesn't preach.  The aim is to open up debate, to get people looking at the wider issues. Journalists are not dictators presenting one sided issues.  If they were, their careers would come to a rapid halt.  They present (or should at least try to) stories as if they were academic essays, that is they present both sides of the argument so the discussion can begin.  If a journalist presented a theory, along with a statement that there was no room for debate, he would swiftly be confined to the conspiracy theorists/nuts and loons bin.  

We should be grateful that Sonia is attempting to get to the truth of this matter, she is the first mainstream journalist to attempt it and we should wish her well.  I honestly don't know what all this sniping is hoping to achieve, and perhaps those who have picked up on the 'she's up to no good' ideology would be kind enough to explain?

An the old adage: once bitten, twice shy may also be pretty apt too.

It would seem alot on here have resorted to walking on eggshells Rolling Eyes
End
End

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 10 Feb 2015, 7:21 pm

Popcorn, I agree very much with your post.

Why can't people just wait and see? If she's true, her programme could be a catalyst we need, and have long needed. Brave woman if this is the case - media pioneer no less. If she's rogue, then what's lost? It'll be more propaganda of the kind we've weathered for the last seven years.

There's a third option. What if her documentary is about trolls (god how I'm coming to despise this nouveau, childish, simplistic and all-encompassing nonsense of a word) and is part of the growing momentum to censor the internet - she did hop aboard in defence of Brenda and her trolls and had never really involved herself with Madeleine's cause until this point. I for one wonder why she never has.

I don't know, but let's wait and see. She certainly has the benefit of my doubt and I hope my optimism is justified. I was extremely confident in her integrity and largely still am, but a question mark was posed - as AndyB has alluded to - by her invitation to the 'antis' (ugh, another loathsome label) to subscribe to the Sun article. I agree with Andy that this could be portrayed as a misleading email.

But it is at this moment a small doubt. Sonia is not commenting further for the moment. Can't blame her. Let's just wait and see what transpires.

But those with unsustantiated suppositions regarding her integrity, who persist in denigrating her before a single frame of her documentary is viewed (I'm talking about the really prolific decryers, nasty and bigoted, who post complete speculation from their own imaginations as fact (and I'm certainly not referring to anyone on here)) is acting very strangely indeed, imo. Far more suspicious than Sonia's actions so far in my view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Tue 10 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm

IMO Sonia might have been sincere, asking for an "anti", who could use the occasion to bring forward the "case".
With all due respect, the interviewee did not use the occasion ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 10 Feb 2015, 8:57 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IMO Sonia might have been sincere, asking for an "anti", who could use the occasion to bring forward the "case".
With all due respect, the interviewee did not use the occasion ...

To be fair, the whole double page spread was on trolling Chatelaine.  I don't somehow think she would be allowed to anyway.  Even if she did it would have been cut out, it was obviously just about social networks and trolling.  I think maybe even Sonia was a bit misled.  I expect being in the journalist 'circle' Daubney knew of her and her docu, and asked her if she perhaps could think of someone or ask someone to do with the McCann case, who could help with an article he was doing,  and as we all know, it is one of the most trolled topics .  That is only my opinion and how I see things may have happened.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm

Whatever the initial expectations were of what the article would be about, a decision was made to go ahead and sign off the interview so the flavour of the piece was known before it went to print. That words were misquoted or misrepresented is an entirely different matter.
I doubt this was ever going to be about the Macs as we all know the MSM do not print anything negative.
I don't say any of this to have a go at Cristobell as we all want that put to bed.
I hope we can all move on and see what the documentary brings to the party.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 12 Feb 2015, 1:48 pm

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton  · 35 mins35 minutes ago  
Media Round Up - Blacksmith style. Can't fault it. http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.co.uk  #McCann

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton  · 26 mins26 minutes ago  
@fiorifan As Blacksmith said, that is all they have left!

Full blog posted and discussion in Lounge...

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t20p420-blacksmith-bureau-blogs-will-be-posted-here

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:33 pm

I'm so hoping sonia is genuine. Really do. Will see

affraid
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Thu 12 Feb 2015, 11:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm so hoping sonia is genuine. Really do. Will see

affraid
Me too, like you say we shall see ' I am very sceptical after seeing Sonia on sky news talking about trolls who apparently abused her and her Daughter plus getting Christobell involved, Sky news and the sun are very pro McCann after 8 years have they changed their stance? IMO i doubt it.But then again......
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:05 pm

Sonia Poulton
‏@SoniaPoulton @MrMRiley don't have a date yet but we finish filming end of March. Details to follow. TY.

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton · 17m17 minutes ago
@MrMRiley thank you Matt. Fair to say public have never seen this evidence-based version before from MSM. I think we're all sick of PR now.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

15 days til we're into March, not that far away! Hope it results in something good.
Oppps end of March make that 46 days, still not that far away though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:49 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:15 days til we're into March, not that far away! Hope it results in something good.

Beware the Ides of March.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:31 pm

15 days til we're into March, not that far away! Hope it results in something good.

Be odd if everything was done and dusted by then and who knows what way that will go, all depends on Dr Amarals verdict maybe, which I suspect will be soon .. Not much good a film if it all goes the McCann's way before the end of March. imo

Just hope it does not come after ground breaking news but then again might be just what S.P planned.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm

Speaking of number of days - tomorrow (14th February) until 3rd May is 100 days.

Does it seem impossible to anyone else that it is now 7 years and 265 days since poor little Madeleine was reported missing ?        Shocked

eta: When will she have peace.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 6:59 pm

bluebell wrote:Speaking of number of days - tomorrow (14th February) until 3rd May is 100 days.

Does it seem impossible to anyone else that it is now 7 years and 265 days since poor little Madeleine was reported missing ?        Shocked

eta:   When will she have peace.        

And in the history of investigation has anything ever hit these heights, Madeleine McCann search: Cost of investigation to soar to £9 million,
JUST BECAUSE THE RULING ELITE CAN protect CERTAIN PEOPLE.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm

No Markus 2, I really doubt whether so much money, and so much time, has ever been spent on a missing child investigation.

Remember Keith Bennett, sadly a victim of the Moors Murders?   Never has his body been found, never discovered what happened to him (although a guilty pair were sentenced).    There was also the little girl (anyone remember her name, it won't come to me) in Devon who just disappeared during her newspaper round.   How much time and money was spent on that.   And of course other disappeared children, Ben Needham for example.  
How the parents of these other children have suffered in silence,

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

Genette Tait is the girl.I think its thought who her killer is, he's inside serving time for other murders.

Last edited by caricature on Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm

Genette Tate? And Moira Anderson, from Scotland.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

Genette Tait, how could I forget, forgive me.
Her father was in the frame off and on I believe?
Has someone actually admitted to her murder? Body never found though, so sad. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next