MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

+30
PeterMac
Poe
Andrew
Beanie
Jellybot
chirpyinsect
chilli
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Poppy
candyfloss
Popcorn
Fiat500
Cristobell
Mo
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
Mimi
Dee Coy
margaret
Helenmeg
Thetruth
Lioned
Châtelaine
costello
AndyB
End
Freedom
Anne
chrissie
34 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 9 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 13 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

bluebell wrote:

Genette Tait, how could I forget, forgive me.
Her father was in the frame off and on I believe?
Has  someone actually admitted to her murder?   Body never found though, so sad.           Sad

Arlene Fraser. Body never found but husband convicted of having her murdered.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 9 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 13 Feb 2015, 8:21 pm

Imagine being a chief investigator of a child's disapperance? I don't think I could rest. Just imagine what GA goes through, with that on his mind since May 07, no wonder he's not backing down.
Imo

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 13 Feb 2015, 8:28 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:Imagine being a chief investigator of a child's disapperance? I don't think I could rest. Just imagine what GA goes through, with that on his mind since May 07, no wonder he's not backing down.
Imo

Oh absolutely ddl, I think it comes down to a question of morals doesn't it.
Goodness, integrity, principles, ethics and compassion.
Some people (no names) possess none. IMO only.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 8:39 pm

bluebell wrote:

Genette Tait, how could I forget, forgive me.
Her father was in the frame off and on I believe?
Has  someone actually admitted to her murder?   Body never found though, so sad.           Sad

No but Robert Black who is serving life for other murders of young girls is under suspicion,lack of evidence prevents any charge.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Fri 13 Feb 2015, 8:54 pm

caricature wrote:

Genette Tait,
No but Robert Black who is serving life for other murders of young girls is under suspicion,lack of evidence prevents any charge.

Just been reading about Robert Black caricature. A delivery driver from Scotland it seems, a serial killer of young girls and in the area then.
The article said it was Britain's longest running missing persons enquiry (dated last year) !
(Bit off topic, sorry everyone).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:19 pm

bluebell wrote:Speaking of number of days - tomorrow (14th February) until 3rd May is 100 days.

Does it seem impossible to anyone else that it is now 7 years and 265 days since poor little Madeleine was reported missing ?        Shocked

eta:   When will she have peace.        

I do occasionally ponder exactly what Op. Grange are doing at any given moment. I wonder, for instance, exactly what was achieved this very day.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 13 Feb 2015, 10:32 pm

Yeah - I've also wondered exactly what they do all day, every day.

You work in Operation Grange. Say you clock in at 9 and leave at 5. Just what do you do at your desk all day.

Probably reading forums.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:25 am

I was roughly the same age as Geanette Tait when she went missing. Just at the stage of going out on my own. I can remember my parents being paranoid about my wherabouts for weeks. It drove me mad. In hindsight, it was probably when they first came truely aware of child abduction, although they must have been around for the moors murders but probably had no tv then.
chilli
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:31 am

Andrew wrote:Yeah - I've also wondered exactly what they do all day, every day.

You work in Operation Grange. Say you clock in at 9 and leave at 5. Just what do you do at your desk all day.

Probably reading forums.
Ah but a lot of people on fora have a head start of a few years on Grange. I like to think they are making 100% sure of the evidence. The wider the net becomes, the more work they need to do. That's what my heart tells me. My head? .......
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 14 Feb 2015, 11:15 am

I see Sonia has denied that those horrible and threatening tweets were from her. The ones Bennett posted up yesterday claiming that they were. 

Not the first time though he gets his facts wrong when trying his best to smear someone.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

TB has been called up on it by Xertial and has had to apologise for making it seem as though the tweets were all from SP. You would think he would check his facts first.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:04 pm

Andrew wrote:I see Sonia has denied that those horrible and threatening tweets were from her. The ones Bennett posted up yesterday claiming that they were. 

Not the first time though he gets his facts wrong when trying his best to smear someone.

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton · 4h4 hours ago
For record: violent, threatening Tweets have been posted on #mccann forum. None were mine even though poster claims they are. #smear tactic

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton · 3h3 hours ago
@MrsWaspie @martin_liz those violent tweets posted in my name were not on #mccann tag but forum. Poster has been forced to accept untrue.

Sonia Poulton
‏@SoniaPoulton @PetsyLz @MrsWaspie @martin_liz Not ONE of those tweets was mine & his examination of me being called trolls comes from blogs of trolls! Lol

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

Who knows could even be a friend of hers or someone wishing to stir matters, wonder who? scratch
Just waiting to see how her film ties in with near future announcements on the case. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybot Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:TB has been called up on it by Xertial and has had to apologise for making it seem as though the tweets were all from SP. You would think he would check his facts first.
Fascinating to observe how misinformation is passed off as fact and then incorporated into generalised smears e.g. I have it on good authority x is a troll ( although in this case that authority turns out to be known trolls!). Extraordinary arrogance with an authoritative turn of phrase had many people fooled for a long time (some still are it seems).
Jellybot
Jellybot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:26 pm

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 9 Captur21
And the "apology"...
Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 9 Captur22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm

Something else that concerns me with SPs connection with Martin Daubney

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2250785/I-locked-toddler-room-night-save-marriage.html

So I expect he did not see anything wrong with the McCann's leaving their children crying alone night after night Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

I really do hope SP's doc has something pertinent to the McCann case and isn't just about "trolling". The latest spat between SP/Cristobell/TB, for me, is really detracting from what should be the number 1 priority.

Surely it could be properly discussed when/if the case itself is put to bed (in a good way, hopefully!)
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:24 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:I really do hope SP's doc has something pertinent to the McCann case and isn't just about "trolling".

This is my worry. Hope we aren't being distracted by having our eye focussed on a tangential target.

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 16 Feb 2015, 10:42 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:I really do hope SP's doc has something pertinent to the McCann case and isn't just about "trolling".  

This is my worry. Hope we aren't being distracted by having our eye focussed on a tangential target.

While I understand the sentiments here, I don't regard Brenda Leyland's tragedy as "just about trolling" or a "distraction". I don't regard her loss of life as unimportant compared with Madeleine's because she was an adult and Madeleine an innocent child. Brenda was an ordinary woman who, rightly or wrongly, believed passionately that she was campaigning for justice for a little girl. As far as I'm aware, she didn't threaten anybody, although her name was published alongside unidentified threatening messages by others in the press. From what I saw, Brenda merely expressed similar views to those of the Portuguese police officer who originally investigated the case, and she simply tried to publicise what she believed to be the truth. Her treatment, firstly by online supporters who traced her identity and sent her genuinely abusive messages, and then by Sky rolling news is, in my view, quite worthy of its own documentary, since it seemingly resulted in driving her to her death.
There are questions that need to be asked about Brenda's case: who were these dossier compilers who tarred mere sceptics with the "troll" brush in their bizarre "dossier" yet insisted on retaining their own anonymity? Were the police really investigating Brenda Leyland, as Sky's Martin Brunt claimed to the nation on TV shortly before Brenda killed herself? Was it just a coincidence that the "troll dossier" appeared very soon after the publication of Summers & Swan's much-derided book – a tome that seemed more interested in attacking non-believers as trolls than explaining the circumstances around Madeleine's disappearance?
I think Brenda's case is important in its own right. And perhaps a thorough documentary on it could lead to a follow-up documentary by Sandra on Madeleine's case? In a way, Brenda's case is less controversial, as I imagine the McCanns wouldn't feel the need to sue anyone over it. My feeling is that, if a documentary about Brenda's hounding actually got aired, the McCanns would want to make it very clear that they don't condone these online bullies in any way, and that would be a real breath of fresh air, wouldn't it?
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:25 pm

Popcorn, you are completely right in everything you say.

Brenda's tragedy - and sacrifice - is equally important and the fight for justice as crucial in her case as in Madeleine's.

If Sonia's documentary is dedicated to her cause this will be an honourable and vital endeavour.

My worry (probably completely unjustified) would be that her programme may be about 'trolling' in the way it has come to be portrayed in recent months by the MSM - a grotesque circus designed to whip up unfounded hysteria for (it is my belief) ultra motives - a red herring that has nothing to do with either Madeleine's or Brenda's deaths.

The phantom that is "trolling" seems to have manifested out of nothing at the whim of Sky and the press, and I always have the deepest suspicions when an 'monster' like this is created - it gives the dumb public an enemy to fight against and completely takes the eye away from the real goal.

The very fact that a genuine and honest woman such as Brenda could ever have the label "troll" associated with her is the epitome of what I am trying to say - it's all a huge nonsense.

There are vicious and nasty people on both side of this argument (albeit more on one side that the other, I firmly believe). Brenda wasn't one and the people who persecuted her were, imo. They had an agenda while Brenda's only aim was to raise awareness of the travesty that surrounds poor Maddie. It's as simple as that and the manufactured word 'troll' simply doesn't come into it.

If Sonia is investigating Brenda's death then all power to her pen and her microphone. If it's a Sun-esque 'investigation' to the nouveau 'fight' against nasty squabblers on the net then I'll be disappointed. And despairing.

But overall, although the latter is a small worry, I'm still optimistic about Sonia's motives.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 17 Feb 2015, 8:51 am

Popcorn wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:

While I understand the sentiments here, I don't regard Brenda Leyland's tragedy as "just about trolling" or a "distraction". I don't regard her loss of life as unimportant compared with Madeleine's because she was an adult and Madeleine an innocent child. Brenda was an ordinary woman who, rightly or wrongly, believed passionately that she was campaigning for justice for a little girl. As far as I'm aware, she didn't threaten anybody, although her name was published alongside unidentified threatening messages by others in the press. From what I saw, Brenda merely expressed similar views to those of the Portuguese police officer who originally investigated the case, and she simply tried to publicise what she believed to be the truth. Her treatment, firstly by online supporters who traced her identity and sent her genuinely abusive messages, and then by Sky rolling news is, in my view, quite worthy of its own documentary, since it seemingly resulted in driving her to her death.
There are questions that need to be asked about Brenda's case: who were these dossier compilers who tarred mere sceptics with the "troll" brush in their bizarre "dossier" yet insisted on retaining their own anonymity? Were the police really investigating Brenda Leyland, as Sky's Martin Brunt claimed to the nation on TV shortly before Brenda killed herself? Was it just a coincidence that the "troll dossier" appeared very soon after the publication of Summers & Swan's much-derided book – a tome that seemed more interested in attacking non-believers as trolls than explaining the circumstances around Madeleine's disappearance?
I think Brenda's case is important in its own right. And perhaps a thorough documentary on it could lead to a follow-up documentary by Sandra on Madeleine's case? In a way, Brenda's case is less controversial, as I imagine the McCanns wouldn't feel the need to sue anyone over it. My feeling is that, if a documentary about Brenda's hounding actually got aired, the McCanns would want to make it very clear that they don't condone these online bullies in any way, and that would be a real breath of fresh air, wouldn't it?

Excellent as always popcorn.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Beanie Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Popcorn, you are completely right in everything you say.

Brenda's tragedy - and sacrifice - is equally important and the fight for justice as crucial in her case as in Madeleine's.

If Sonia's documentary is dedicated to her cause this will be an honourable and vital endeavour.

My worry (probably completely unjustified) would be that her programme may be about 'trolling' in the way it has come to be portrayed in recent months by the MSM - a grotesque circus designed to whip up unfounded hysteria for (it is my belief) ultra motives - a red herring that has nothing to do with either Madeleine's or Brenda's deaths.

The phantom that is "trolling" seems to have manifested out of nothing at the whim of Sky and the press, and I always have the deepest suspicions when an 'monster' like this is created - it gives the dumb public an enemy to fight against and completely takes the eye away from the real goal.

The very fact that a genuine and honest woman such as Brenda could ever have the label "troll" associated with her is the epitome of what I am trying to say - it's all a huge nonsense.

There are vicious and nasty people on both side of this argument (albeit more on one side that the other, I firmly believe). Brenda wasn't one and the people who persecuted her were, imo. They had an agenda while Brenda's only aim was to raise awareness of the travesty that surrounds poor Maddie. It's as simple as that and the manufactured word 'troll' simply doesn't come into it.

If Sonia is investigating Brenda's death then all power to her pen and her microphone. If it's a Sun-esque 'investigation' to the nouveau 'fight' against nasty squabblers on the net then I'll be disappointed. And despairing.

But overall, although the latter is a small worry, I'm still optimistic about Sonia's motives.

I hope so also, but I am convinced the wider agenda is to shut down free speech. I am sure the government had no idea how blogs etc would take off to such an extent. Basically, the powers that be know the Internet is out of their control and needs to be rained in. IMO we all need to keep shouting really loud, or trust me we will be silenced.
Beanie
Beanie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:17 am

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-news/how-to-deal-with-internet-trolls-11363927036417

This article was at the top of my newsfeed today and I wondered which particular vile trolls it would be aimed at but it is six months old.

I do agree with the bit that not every online argument is trolling; differences of opinion.....are the lifeblood of many internet forums.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 5:22 am

Seicento wrote:
bluebell wrote:Speaking of number of days - tomorrow (14th February) until 3rd May is 100 days.

Does it seem impossible to anyone else that it is now 7 years and 265 days since poor little Madeleine was reported missing ?        Shocked

eta:   When will she have peace.        

I do occasionally ponder exactly what Op. Grange are doing at any given moment. I wonder, for instance, exactly what was achieved this very day.
Well, OG might be busy with their data retrieval system as the sheer volume of paperwork and online material must now have reached critical mass. Indexing, cross referencing..coffee, should they cross-reference Brazilian bouncer with Russian sighting? Coffee. ..etc.

Haven't posted on SP before, I'm always a little wary of pre-publication hype. On top of that I do feel that doorstepping  Kate was a bad move. 
Surely enough to publish the request for an interview and the answer given?  That would have been enough to -as the Dutch saying is - keep honour on your side.
Doorstepping Brenda is bad, but doorstepping Kate isn't? 

On top of that we get several shots of SP busy being filmed, speaking to camera, hints from SP that it will be a sensation and my expectations have just hit a new low. 
Btw. of course those tweets weren't written by SP but it doesn't help that apparently her boyfriend posts a picture of himself with a gun, unless that's an anti Poulson tweet as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 22 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

Tigger wrote:Btw. of course those tweets weren't written by SP but it doesn't help that apparently her boyfriend posts a picture of himself with a gun, unless that's an anti Poulson tweet as well

Wow! LR is SP boyfriend. Is that a fact? Got to say I didn't see that one...each to their own though.

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next