MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

+30
PeterMac
Poe
Andrew
Beanie
Jellybot
chirpyinsect
chilli
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Poppy
candyfloss
Popcorn
Fiat500
Cristobell
Mo
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
Mimi
Dee Coy
margaret
Helenmeg
Thetruth
Lioned
Châtelaine
costello
AndyB
End
Freedom
Anne
chrissie
34 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:00 am

I thought that this forum was the "other place"!

Peter, it is indeed good to "see" you on here as well.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary

Post  Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

Doing a lot of catching up and am looking forward to SP documentary, but you are opening yourself up to attack from the usual suspects Ros with words such as these

"Works of art, of any description, are all the better for time, care and attention to detail."

when you are ref a work of fact not fiction.

I agree with the words of Petermac over the way, that too many seem to be criticising this effort before it has aired.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm

Andrew wrote:
Seicento wrote:
Andrew wrote:Looks like i'm watching the football this eve instead then.

Messiman, Cavaniman and Ibrahimovicman? Home win all the way.

A score draw for me on that one.

Let us never speak of this again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

Russian Doll wrote:  Doing a lot of catching up and am looking forward to SP documentary, but you are opening yourself up to attack from the usual suspects Ros with words such as these

"Works of art, of any description, are all the better for time, care and attention to detail."

I agree with the words of Petermac over the way, that too many seem to be criticising this effort before it has aired.
IF it is ever aired. The point I was trying to make, before I was so rudely shot down in flames, is that a private production company then has to persuade somebody to buy it and air it. And no matter how good or accurate or groundbreaking it might be, the broadcasters might just feel that it is still too hot to handle. Which IMO would be a shame, but that is the commercial reality.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:57 pm

Sonia very active on twitter this eve.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:07 am

Russian Doll wrote:  Doing a lot of catching up and am looking forward to SP documentary, but you are opening yourself up to attack from the usual suspects Ros with words such as these

Absolutely everything I say is attacked Russian Doll and my words would be seriously restricted if I worried about it. I don't understand the elitism around 'art', we all produce works of art every day, especially if we care about what we do. I don't pay any attention to people who snigger and point in art galleries or the real world Russian Doll, their ignorance deprives them of so much that is good in this world, I almost feel sad for them.
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 17 Apr 2015, 8:42 am

I've been catching up with this thread and I've had the following thoughts in no particular order:

1. Woohoo PeterMac's here ...welcome! Please use your Chief Wiggum avatar because although your posts are sensible and to the point, reading them in Clancy's voice just adds a certain je ne sais quoi Smile

2. Producing a documentary like this is not cheap. I find it hard to believe that a freelancer would risk spending that much of her own money without some assurance that she would be getting it back and she certainly wouldn't get financing without a similar guarantee.

3. It doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone that if the police are close to arrests, they may have asked for the documentary to be held back for a time.

4. Cristobel, lovely picture but you are hiding your man-attracting nail varnish! How do you expect to get yourself a good seeing to? Oh, and since the picture has caused some upset in certain circles, I'd just like to add:

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 CCktZIqW4AA5jK5
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 17 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

Excellent post Poe.  Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 Clapping-emoticon-medium-size        It seems PeterMac's words over there have been totally ignored!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

I don't understood why Cristobell in particular comes in for such abuse from all sides of the McCann spectrum - from the bowels of the earth (JATYK2 for example) to more reasonable opinions.

She is just one of many people stating her views on the case.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:22 am

Maybe it's her attitude.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:34 am

I certainly don't always agree with what she says but the way that some people go for the jugular no matter what she says or does is very bizarre.

Why draw attention to someone whose views you don't like and thus bring them to a wider audience?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:33 am

Freedom wrote:I certainly don't always agree with what she says but the way that some people go for the jugular no matter what she says or does is very bizarre.

Why draw attention to someone whose views you don't like and thus bring them to a wider audience?
Yes, it's like when Frankie Boyle makes a tasteless joke or somebody puts an inappropriate picture on Reddit. All the papers (the Daily Wail in particular) tell us how awful it is, then they just have to reproduce it, for the benefit of anyone who missed it the first time round.

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re:Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate.

Post  costello Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

Well said Poe, I totally agree, why would any Journalist finance a documentary (especially in this economic climate) without having assurance that it will be Aired. I would have thought that a financial backer was on board from the outset personally, but may be wrong. Either way I say good luck to Sonia and her team and I for one am looking forward to the documentary.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

Freedom wrote:I certainly don't always agree with what she says but but the way that some people go for the jugular no matter what she says or does is very bizarre.
the way that some people go for the jugular no matter what she says or does is very bizarre.

I`ve never understood this - same with Sonia and to some extent the lady copper leading OG.  What have they done that`s soooooooooo bad they get attacked with a nuclear missile.  It`s totally out of proportion.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 11:17 am

costello wrote:Well said Poe, I totally agree, why would any Journalist finance a documentary (especially in this economic climate) without having assurance that it will be Aired. I would have thought that a financial backer was on board from the outset personally, but may be wrong. Either way I say good luck to Sonia and her team and I for one am looking forward to the documentary.

But many do, that's my point. It is a big gamble in a very cut-throat industry. Look at all the shows that are commissioned even by the likes of the BBC, that are all supposed to be the Next Big Thing. Millions are spent on them but then they are dropped after only one season.

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate for new documentary - Page 15 Empty Re:Sonia Poulton doorsteps Kate.

Post  costello Fri 17 Apr 2015, 11:35 am

Resistor wrote:
costello wrote:Well said Poe, I totally agree, why would any Journalist finance a documentary (especially in this economic climate) without having assurance that it will be Aired. I would have thought that a financial backer was on board from the outset personally, but may be wrong. Either way I say good luck to Sonia and her team and I for one am looking forward to the documentary.

But many do, that's my point.  It is a big gamble in a very cut-throat industry.  Look at all the shows that are commissioned even by the likes of the BBC, that are all supposed to be the Next Big Thing.  Millions are spent on them but then they are dropped after only one season.

Yes, I understand Resistor. I just have a feeling that this documentary will be broadcast, too much effort seems to have gone into it and not to mention the delays etc. Just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

I would like to agree Costello, but my gut feeling is that no mainstream broadcaster will touch it. If it is lucky it might end up on London Live or some other local or community channel; or if it is very lucky, something like Quest or TruTV. I simply cannot see it on the BBC no matter how well made it is. I hope I am wrong though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:43 pm

I think TB has a big crush on Sonia and Cristobell. 

He's obsessed.

Fine line between love and hate as they say and all that.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:44 pm

I'm spluttering my tea over the keyboard now, Andrew!

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 17 Apr 2015, 2:58 pm

Andrew wrote:I think TB has a big crush on Sonia and Cristobell. 

He's obsessed.

Fine line between love and hate as they say and all that.

Ha Laughing
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 17 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

Locked in a room with those 2 would be his ultimate fantasy.

Very Happy
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 17 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm

Resistor wrote:I would like to agree Costello, but my gut feeling is that no mainstream broadcaster will touch it.  If it is lucky it might end up on London Live or some other local or community channel; or if it is very lucky, something like Quest or TruTV.  I simply cannot see it on the BBC no matter how well made it is.  I hope I am wrong though.

Those are my feelings too, Resistor.

We can but wait and see what happens.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

Andrew wrote:Locked in a room with those 2 would be his ultimate fantasy.

Very Happy

Three candidates went up to MI6 for an interview as an assassin.

The first man was handed a gun, told to go into a locked room and shoot the prisoner tied to the chair.

The man came out again in tears and said, that was my wife in the chair. I'm sorry. I couldn't do it.
He was thanked for his efforts and told to leave.

The second man stepped up, was handed the gun and the same instructions. Thirty seconds later, out he came, again in tears.

That was my boyfriend tied to the chair, I'm sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Same result.

The third candidate, a woman, was given the gun and the same instructions. She went into the room. There were then five minutes of terrible screaming and banging about, and she emerged, covered in blood.

"That was my husband in there. I tried to shoot the b****** but the gun was empty. I had to batter him to death with the chair."

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 17 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

Haha. Good stuff.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:42 pm

Oh dear.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/437328/Madeleine-McCann-conspiracy-Lee-Ryan-Lotto-Lag-documentrary

Lottery winner and jailbird Lee Ryan to make bizarre documentary about Madeleine McCann

LOTTO jailbird Lee Ryan is helping to make a bizarre TV documentary about missing Madeleine McCann.

Nicknamed the Lotto Lag, he was one of the first big winners in 1995 – pocketing a £6.5million jackpot weeks before he was sentenced to 18 months in prison for stealing cars.

Lee, 54, who dubbed his win “a curse” and has blown the lot, yesterday told how he has become obsessed with the Maddie mystery.

While down on his luck he studied the disappearance of the girl from his home county, Leicestershire.

He said: “I started looking into it, it’s a fascinating case and I read everything about it. I even read the Portuguese police files and started thinking about all the theories.

“I am not proactive against the McCanns, I am just on a quest for the truth. It is a global story”
Lee Ryan

“I’m keeping an open mind.” Divorced dad Lee, who now lives in a tiny flat in south London, has teamed up with journalist and broadcaster Sonia Poulton, inset, who is making a 90-minute film, The Untold Story Of Madeleine McCann.

Maddie was days away from her fourth birthday when she vanished from her family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007.

Her parents, heart doctor Gerry, 46, and former GP Kate, 47, from Rothley, Leics, believe she could still be alive.

Lee insisted: “I am not proactive against the McCanns, I am just on a quest for the truth. It is a global story.”

Sonia, a regular guest on ITV’s This Morning show, said: “We are making an evidence-based documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine.

It will be shown soon on mainstream TV and will first appear in America. I’ve had trolls online trying to sabotage and smear me over this but we will not be silenced.”

Lee, she said, does “ad hoc filming whenever needed”.

When the former used car trader won the lottery 20 years ago, he was awaiting trial for handling stolen cars. He later served nine months of his sentence.

He spent a decade living the high life, blowing his cash on a fleet of super-cars and bikes, a helicopter and a country mansion.

Then he moved to Kyrgyzstan in central Asia with his second wife but returned with nothing in 2010, leaving behind a series of misfortunes and failed business ventures.

After spending two years sleeping rough in London he picked himself up again.

And he vowed: “I’m doing OK now – and one day I’ll be wealthy again.”

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said he had not been informed about the new Maddie TV documentary Lee Ryan was working on.

He said: “I am aware of Sonia Poulton and all her conspiracy theories. These film makers always claim they have a commission.

“But we are not going to fuel whatever they are doing in any shape or form by making a comment.”
Related articles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next