MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

+28
mumof6
Benevolent
dannii
Inca
seahorse
Mimi
eltee
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
dantezebu
Walt
Guinea Pig
wjk
chirpyinsect
candyfloss
costello
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
Lioned
Thetruth
Châtelaine
Popcorn
PMR
Anne
Cristobell
chilli
Admin
32 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Andrew Fri 25 Mar 2016, 9:22 pm

A bit more on it.

http://fox59.com/2016/03/24/body-of-missing-1-year-old-spencer-girl-found-suspect-arrested/

Coroner confirms baby found is Shaylyn Ammerman, death ruled homicide by asphyxiation

POSTED 9:41 PM, MARCH 24, 2016, BY GREG MARGASON - DIGITAL PRODUCER

The body of missing 1-year-old Shaylyn Ammerman was found Thursday night.

The toddler's body was found just after 6 p.m. in a remote area located near the White River, northeast of Gosport.

An autopsy performed Friday revealed the toddler died from asphyxiation, and her death was ruled a homicide.

Kyle Parker, 22 of Spencer, was taken into custody Thursday night and is currently being held in connection with this case.

Parker's criminal history started within the last few years. His first known charges were two misdemeanor drug charges. He was accused of possession of paraphernalia and a synthetic or lookalike drug.

Months later, he was back in the court system. He was charged with criminal trespassing. A protection order was filed by his victim.

He was also picked up for possession of marijuana and illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.

Records indicate Parker has never been charged with a violent crime. That could change now with this case. He's being held on two counts of obstruction of justice, a count of failure to report a dead body and a count of unlawful disposition of a dead body.

State police said Parker was at the home the night before Ammerman disappeared. There are several more persons of interest in the case, and police said it is far from over.

"Let me be really frank here. Please don’t feel like because we’ve found a body and we’ve made an arrest that this case is anywhere near over. This case is just getting started with more interviews, with more investigative tactics with everything that we have at our disposal we will use to bring those who are responsible for this little girl’s death to justice," said ISP Sgt. Curt Durnil.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Friday.

Shortly before police confirmed the information, Shaylyn's mother Jessica Stewart told FOX59 her daughter's body had been found.

Various law enforcement agencies have been searching for the toddler since she was reported missing Wednesday morning. She was last seen at the home where her father and grandmother live, in the 400 block of West Jefferson Street in Spencer.

During a Thursday afternoon briefing, Sgt. Durnil said the massive search for the 14-month-old girl included search dogs, cadaver dogs, sonar and personnel from multiple law enforcement agencies. He also said the Federal Bureau of Investigation was involved in the case.

Shaylyn’s father, Justin Ammerman, told police his mother put the child down for bed just before midnight Tuesday and when he woke up his daughter was gone.

Ammerman's brother, Adam, as well as other relatives who were in the home told FOX59 that Kyle Parker was there that night, drinking with them.

"I knew Kyle through a friend of a friend and he was supposed to be one good friend and then he turned around and does this to our family and all I can say right now is I hope he burns in hell," Adam Ammerman said.

He also said that Parker was familiar with Shaylyn.

"He knew Shaylyn, he's played with her, he's taken care of her. He rocked her to sleep," Ammerman said.

State police said family members who were also in the home have not yet been cleared and the investigation could take weeks, if not months. Anyone with information is still urged to call police with tips.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 Empty Missing children worldwide

Post  Andrew Wed 13 Apr 2016, 4:40 pm

This isn't a fake abduction but couldn't find the general missing persons thread (please move mods to appropriate place)

http://news.sky.com/story/1678067/boy-missing-after-failing-to-arrive-at-school

Hope this little chap is found safe and sound a.s.a.p.

Moved from fake abduction topic.

P.S.  He's been found.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-36037813?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_scotland_news&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 Empty Re: Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult

Post  Bampots Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:47 am

interesting article underneath freedoms....
my mother spanked us when we were naughty(really naughty!) and it never detracted from her love. We did smack first once or twice but no more of my four children.....any thoughts.....
The case of a young couple in Norway whose five children were taken away by the state has fuelled mounting concern within the country and abroad over its child protection practices. Protesters around the world - and leading Norwegian professionals - say social workers are often too quick to separate children from their families, with too little justification, particularly when parents are immigrants.
Ruth and Marius's life was torn apart without warning one Monday afternoon last November when two black cars approached the farm where they live in a remote Norwegian valley.
Their two little boys, aged five and two, and their three-month-old baby son, were in their big, bright, modern living room overlooking the steel-grey fjord.
Ruth was waiting as usual for the school bus that would bring back their two daughters, aged eight and 10.

Norway view
But that Monday, it never came. Instead, Ruth saw the two unknown cars. One continued along the main road; the other turned up the farm track - and a woman from the local child protection service knocked at the door.

She told Ruth to come to the police station for interrogation.
The woman said the other black car had taken Ruth's two daughters away, into emergency state care. And she told Ruth to hand over her two older sons to be taken away, too.
The following day, two black cars appeared again. The couple assumed it had all been a terrible mistake and the children had been brought back.
But they were wrong. Four policemen got out. And took the baby.

Media captionRuth and Marius describe how their children were taken away over the course of two days
Those events have triggered a worldwide protest campaign, online and on the streets.
Thousands of people have joined demonstrations in support of Ruth and Marius in a series of countries across four continents. The Norwegian child protection service, known as Barnevernet, has been accused by protesters of "kidnapping" children - in this and many other cases.
But Ruth and Marius's story isn't as simple as some campaigners imply.
They were suspected of administering corporal punishment, and in Norway, that's completely illegal.
Sitting in their living room, surrounded by long-unused toys, Ruth, a paediatric nurse, whose family has lived in the valley for generations, and Marius, a computer expert originally from Romania, are close to tears as they talk about what happened.
Ruth says they did spank the children. But she adds: "Not every time when they do something bad, more occasionally."
"They didn't find any physical marks or anything like that when they had medical examination on them, they were, are, all fine," she says. "But the law in Norway, it is very clear until the smallest detail, it's not allowed of any physical correction, and we have never been aware that it was this strict."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36026458

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 14 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

Doesn't bare thinking about what could of happened with that.

Just come across this bizarre one...

http://news.sky.com/story/1678251/mum-and-tv-crew-in-court-over-abduction-case
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 Empty Desperate hunt for British mother-of-two, 28, who disappeared from her Algarve home with her young children while her partner was out running errands

Post  candyfloss Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:27 am

Desperate hunt for British mother-of-two, 28, who disappeared from her Algarve home with her young children while her partner was out running errands

Christine Davies vanished 10 days ago with two daughters, Lily and Ruby

Their father Aaron Rodwell had left bungalow in Boliqueime to run errands
He spoke out last night about his concern for his two children's wellbeing
Police interviewed bar owner where she works and have twice quizzed Mr Rodwell
All-ports warning put out and police have been notified of disappearance

By Gerard Couzens for MailOnline

Published: 21:50, 14 April 2016  | Updated: 09:02, 15 April 2016

Police in Portugal are searching for a British mother-of-two who has disappeared from her Algarve home with her young children.

Christine Davies, 28, vanished nearly two weeks ago with daughters Lily, 18 months, and three-month-old Ruby while their father Aaron Rodwell was out running errands.

He returned home to find their rented bungalow 'ransacked' while his children's birth certificates, Lily's passport and several thousand in Euros were said to be missing.

Mr Rodwell, Ms Davies' partner of nearly 15 years, last night spoke of his concern for his children's wellbeing as he revealed all his efforts to contact her had failed.

An all-ports warning is thought to have put out for the missing mother, although Mr Rodwell said he had no evidence she had left the country.

The 29-year-old added that he is in 'no doubt' that she left family home voluntarily but he says he fears she is 'not in the right frame of mind'.

Ms Davies has failed to turn up at the local tapas bar where she works as a waitress and neighbours reported seeing a man arrive at the property in a car to help her pack up her things.

Police have already interviewed the owner as well as twice quizzing Mr Rodwell, who is from Liverpool like his partner.

Mr Rodwell spoke of his concern for his children's wellbeing last night as he revealed all his efforts to contact his partner (pictured) had failed

Mr Rodwell spoke of his concern for his children's wellbeing last night as he revealed all his efforts to contact his partner (pictured) had failed

He said last night: 'I have no doubts Christine has left voluntarily but I'm concerned for her emotional wellbeing and obviously our children.

'She loves them and I'm sure wouldn't do them any harm but that doesn't mean they're not at risk if she's emotionally not in the right frame of mind.

'I've put missing posters in the windows of shops and local businesses in towns across the Algarve. I really want her to contact the authorities so I know the children are okay, even if she doesn't want to come home.'

He added that the couple had previously argued but said on the whole their relationship was steady.

He said: 'She'd taken on a poorly-paid job about a month ago which I didn't feel she needed to be doing because we didn't need the money.

'I rang her the night before she disappeared asking her to come home early so she could be with the children because I needed help.

'She was supposed to finish about 10pm that night but came back about 7pm.

'I left early the following day to go into Albufeira and run some errands and that was the last time I saw her or heard from her.

'Her mobile's not working anymore and her email has been disconnected.

'A neighbour has told me she saw a man in a hire car coming to pick up her and helping her load the vehicle up while I was gone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3540626/Desperate-hunt-British-mother-two-28-disappeared-Algarve-home-young-children-partner-running-errands.html#ixzz45siyDBNM

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 3330665400000578-3540626-image-a-1_1460704884831

'The house was in a bit of a mess so it looks like she's packed in a hurry.

'Lily had an active UK passport which has gone along with Christine's but the younger one didn't have one as far as I'm aware and I've checked with the British Embassy who say no emergency travel document has been drafted.

'I'm beside myself with worry. I can't sleep at the house anymore. To be honest, I've had to check into a hotel because I just can't stand looking at the walls and the children's toys that are still on the floor.'

The couple, originally from Southport, Merseyside, moved to Boliqueime, near Loule, for a new life one year ago. Ms Davies began working at the bar recently while Mr Rodwell looked after the children.

Locals who knew Ms Davies say her disappearance is completely out of character.

One resident John Evans told the Mirror: 'I used to have a drink with her in the bar she worked at.

'She was a lovely, down to earth girl, who seemed to be loving her new life in the sun. She certainly never seemed to complain about anything and seemed like she really enjoyed her time out here.

'It is so strange, everyone has an eye out for her but no one seems to have seen a thing, it is a complete mystery, you would have a thought a mum and two babies would not be too hard to find would you?'

Another local said: 'The police have been contacted by a witness who says they saw Christine getting into a car driven by another person with the children.

'It's something I understand they're looking into.'

A spokesman for the local GNR police force said: 'I can confirm we are investigating the disappearance of a British woman and her two young children.'

A source close to the case added: 'Police were contacted by the father of the children about a week after his partner and the kids disappeared.

'He says he left the house early on April 4 and they weren't there when he returned a couple of hours later.

'Officers are actively searching for them and keeping an open mind on the disappearance, including the possibility it was voluntary and she was helped to leave the property.

'The children's wellbeing is paramount and police are obviously anxious to track them and the mother down as soon as possible.'  

A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said: 'We are providing advice and support to a British national who has reported three members of his family missing in Portugal.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3540626/Desperate-hunt-British-mother-two-28-disappeared-Algarve-home-young-children-partner-running-errands.html#ixzz45sjRjgnq

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:35 am

This doesn't bode well but let's hope that, in view of the reported sighting by a neighbour of her leaving with the children, they are okay.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:36 am

The printed poster is saying the children were abducted!!  Yet he didn't inform police for a week WTF!

snipped:
A source close to the case added: 'Police were contacted by the father of the children about a week after his partner and the kids disappeared.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:44 am

Was reading about this earlier on this morn.

Will reserve judgement until more details emerge but it did sound a bit 'fishy'.

Hope the 3 of them turn up quickly though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:54 am

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:55 am

I must admit that the more I read about this, the more the alarm bells go off.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 15 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm

The latest on this 'strange' one....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3540626/Desperate-hunt-British-mother-two-28-disappeared-Algarve-home-young-children-partner-running-errands.html

Snipped:

'She emailed me last night to say they are alive but she would not say where they are'

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 15 Apr 2016, 4:48 pm

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/british-man-pleads-for-help-as-his-partner-and-two-young-daughters-go-missing/37972

Portugal's version.

According to this, she emailed HIS mum, not him like the other article said.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Fri 15 Apr 2016, 5:51 pm

And from the Portugal Resident: http://portugalresident.com/british-mum-disappears-from-algarve-with-baby-and-tot

Interesting comment from someone with the initials PM.

seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 15 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

ask him if he will get in touch with C12 please Seahorse?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:02 pm

We don't know if he's our PM!

Our one is a member here if anyone wants to send him a private message in the hope that he will answer. 

Presumably an e-mail from the missing mother (?) can be traced back to its point of origin?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:04 pm

Bampots wrote:ask him if he will get in touch with C12 please Seahorse?

Is it the PM though?

I think he's commented before on the Portugal Resident, but it could be an imposter or someone who also uses PM?

Last edited by seahorse on Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Fri 15 Apr 2016, 6:05 pm

"It also emerged that Ms Davies had spent three days at a campsite on the Algarve with the two children after leaving home.

A police source said: 'We have spoken to witnesses at the campsite who said the children were being well looked after. Christine was with some other adults at the campsite.

'She left the campsite on April 7 and we are investigating her current whereabouts.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3540626/Desperate-hunt-British-mother-two-28-disappeared-Algarve-home-young-children-partner-running-errands.html#ixzz45towiHap

Let's hope the above is true.
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 18 Apr 2016, 7:46 pm

UPDATE: British mum in hiding in Algarve describes “years of abuse”

The 28-year-old British mum reported missing last week from Boliqueime with her children by their apparently distraught father has ‘set the record straight’, cataloguing what she claims have been ‘years of abuse’.

Christine Davies told the Resident this week that she snapped after partner Aaron Rodwell allegedly threatened to smother the couple’s baby with a pillow.

“That moment I knew ‘when he goes out tomorrow, we’re gone’,” she told us. “I put up with his abuse, God knows why, but I will not allow anyone to hurt my children.

“I took all my money he kept in his drawer,” she said - referring to the bar working wages she claims Rodwell took off her every time she was paid. “I took our documents and clothes and left.

“I would have loved to have stayed in Boliqueime,” she added, “but it is just not safe for us.”

Christine’s story was splashed over national and international media last week - 10 days after her dash for freedom on April 4.

Indeed, reading between the lines of media reports, it was clear that Rodwell had only reported his family’s disappearance a week after their dramatic flight.

“I would just like the truth to be put in the paper,” Christine told us.

Her estranged partner “told a lot of lies, and used the police, media and public” to try and find her, she said.

“He even went to the lengths of saying I had ‘disappeared’ and he hadn’t heard from me. But I contacted his family the day I left,” she affirmed, adding his mother and father “have known about the abuse for a long time. I actually confided in his mother a lot and she encouraged me to leave him, telling me the girls would be better off without him”.

Rodwell “alienated” Davies from friends and family so that she “didn’t have anyone else but him”, she said.

“I hardly ever left the house because he said I didn’t need to,” she told us.

“When I was at work, I wasn’t supposed to engage in conversations with anyone. He said they were all 'freaks'. He took my tips every night after work and, on a Sunday, when I got paid, he took my wages.”

Rodwell was apparently “physically and mentally abusive”.

“Colleagues at work started to notice big bruises and questioned me. I did try and cover them, in shame, and say I had hit my head on a cupboard, or something. But they knew,” said the young mother, who is now “safe and well and happy and doesn’t want to be found”.

She explained that she has given her side of the story to the GNR, Merseyside Police (from the couple’s former Southport home) and a leading UK tabloid, “to show we are all okay and not missing” as Rodwell has suggested (click here).

“He knew we weren’t missing,” she explained. “He knows why I left him, but when he couldn’t find me he made up his story and sat back waiting for everyone to find me, using the children as bait.”

Davies added that all the time Rodwell was telling his story to journalists and the authorities in Portugal, he was emailing her telling her she was “finished”.

“He told me he would know where I was soon, and that I was in big trouble.”

For now, all the Resident can affirm for certain is that Davies has no intention of letting her former partner know where she is.

The moment that made her snap came during her last bar shift, she told us.

Rodwell called her at work “shouting a lot”, telling her that he had “locked the baby in the bathroom and that she was screaming”.

“I asked if he had fed her and he said she didn’t want to feed. I could tell he was lying and that he had forgotten she was due food and just didn’t want to admit it.

“Then he started saying horrible things like 'Should I just put a pillow over her head. She will stop crying then, won’t she?

“I said he was being silly. I knew he wouldn’t actually do it but I was concerned he would ignore her cries, so I made my excuses and went home.

“But on the way home, I had a feeling that made me sick. I couldn’t help but think 'what if he did lose his temper and shake her or hurt her somehow, or worse'. The pillow comment stuck in my head and I ran all the way home.”

Since Davies’ flight with daughters Lily and Ruby, other papers have reported that she was seen at an Algarve campsite “in the company of other adults”, and that she and the children were all looking well.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

- See more at: http://portugalresident.com/update-british-mum-in-hiding-in-algarve-describes-%E2%80%9Cyears-of-abuse%E2%80%9D#sthash.sORBh5VW.dpuf
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Mon 18 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

Good news to hear they are all safe and well.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 18 Apr 2016, 9:08 pm

I hope that Aaron Rodwell is prosecuted for wasting police time as he knew darn well that his partner and children had left to get away from him.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sun 24 Apr 2016, 7:49 pm

Was just catching up on the excellent Craig Murray blog and saw reference to this missing boy in the comments section (not by Craig).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Gosch

and the link from the blog:

http://www.johnnygosch.com/

Just reading up about it now.

(Mods - do you think it's best to move this thread off the 'McCann latest news' topic...)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Apr 2016, 8:32 pm

Have done so Andrew and it is now a sticky in Current news so that it stays on top and can be added to, but not too often I hope Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 18 May 2016, 4:32 pm

Let's hope that this won't be quoted as a case to give a certain family fresh hope......

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=754%3Amissing-matthew-green-found&catid=11&Itemid=160

It will surely be very difficult to rebuild a relationship with someone who cleared off for 6 years without a word to anyone.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 18 May 2016, 11:44 pm

Matthew Green is 32 years old, he can leave home if he wants to surely? I wonder if he'll be in touch with his mum and dad now he's been traced. I read somewhere his parents have asked Mark WT for help   Shocked

Back to top Go down

Various missing children cases worldwide - plus the occasional adult - Page 6 Empty Tragic cases where children were left unattended

Post  Freedom Mon 23 May 2016, 11:50 am

Who remembers this sad case from almost 20 years ago?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/misadventure-verdict-on-beach-children-1357325.html

There can be nothing but sympathy with parents who made a genuine mistake as these two did.

If the McCanns' story was believable - and their subsequent behaviour hadn't damned them many times over - I would feel the same about them too.

Last edited by Freedom on Mon 25 Jul 2016, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next