MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREXIT - The European Union referendum

+22
Benevolent
nannygroves
Satsuma
End
Andrew
bluebell
dogs don't lie
joyce1938
Hope
Mo
Bampots
chirpyinsect
espeland
Poe
coppernob
froggy
unreorganised
Inca
Freedom
Dee Coy
costello
Châtelaine
26 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

IN or OUT?

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_lcap29%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 11 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_lcap68%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 26 ]
BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 38

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  Mimi Sat 25 Jun 2016, 1:34 pm

candyfloss wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Million sign petition for new EU referendum

7 minutes ago

A petition calling for a second referendum on UK's membership of the EU has gained more than one million signatures following the vote to leave.

The petition will be discussed in Parliament after it reached the 100,000 signatures needed to trigger a debate.

The UK voted to leave the EU by 52% to 48% in Thursday's referendum but the majority of voters in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland backed Remain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36629324

Can they do this???

Even if they could I don`t think anyone would stand for it - imagine us all having to go through the last 4/5 months yet again. Surely everyone was sick to the teeth of hearing about it by 22nd June.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Empty Re: BREXIT - The European Union referendum

Post  Châtelaine Sat 25 Jun 2016, 2:45 pm

I've read this morning, that there's a hush meeting between the original founders of the EU in Berlin today..
Meanwhile Germany and France are designing new and FLEXIBLE exit strategies for countries, which don't want to or cannot afford to stay member ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Sat 25 Jun 2016, 3:51 pm

When I signed the petition this morning, there were less than 1.1 million signatures. Now there are over 1.5 million:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

I'm not unhappy with the 'Leave' vote - this is the first time in almost 50 years of voting that I've selected the winning side!

As I said in a post a few days ago, there are several matters causing concern in many member states - most notably immigration, security and the Euro. Whilst the latter is not a major concern to us in the UK, I imagine it certainly is to Greeks.

I could see the petition being useful to us if Brussels could make meaningful changes with respect to these matters - and changes will have to be made soon if the EU is to survive.

I also think a significant portion of the Leave vote was made by people suffering from the austerity cuts made by our Government.

Whilst younger members may think that the good times are over, they may be surprised to hear that we had good times before we joined the EC. It may take some years, but we'll get there again. The sad thing is to see how our United Kingdom may well break up.

espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sat 25 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm

I used to think ,that to gain entry to the union ,the countries had to Qualify,it seems a lot don't and didn't ,they would not have been wealthy enough,hence now those countries have to be helped etc . It seems to be a lot of money paid over from holiday makers its mainly cash so that goes untaxed.Ofcourse it may be the fact that holidays used to be very cheap years ago,kept that way by no taxation in some areas,and possably don't want to raise priced ,in fear of getting fewer people . Its just my idea ofcourse..joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 25 Jun 2016, 4:31 pm

Great comment, re the 1.5 million signing the petition (Telegraph) on the MSN page.........

David Graham · Dumbarton Academy

The British really do now have a pathetically childish mentality nowadays.as soon as something doesn't go your way you scweem and scweem and scweem until you are thick and get what you want.there was a vote.you lost.now move on.what next....most of the crowd watching the game weren't happy with the result so we are demanding a rematch until we get the result we want.and then the opposition will do the same.and on and on and on.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sat 25 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm

You are right Joyce, there were supposed to be strict entry criteria especially financial and in defence. Since the euro was introduced things regulations have multiplied at a confusing rate. There is a ridiculous amount of paperwork for simple things, while border control and the issuing of visas appear much more lax.

Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 25 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm

candyfloss wrote:Great comment, re the 1.5 million signing the petition (Telegraph) on the MSN page.........

David Graham · Dumbarton Academy

The British really do now have a pathetically childish mentality nowadays.as soon as something doesn't go your way you scweem and scweem and scweem until you are thick and get what you want.there was a vote.you lost.now move on.what next....most of the crowd watching the game weren't happy with the result so we are demanding a rematch until we get the result we want.and then the opposition will do the same.and on and on and on.

Haha, "losers not satisfied with outcome" shocker. Presumably the other thirty odd million who voted are satisfied with the result?

In other news, Northern Ireland are demanding a rematch with Wales. After all, there was only one goal in it. Hardly a mandate to proceed.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:13 pm

A question.

Does anybody who voted Leave now Bregret their decision?. Perhaps based on the lies told on what would happen to the supposed £350 million going to the NHS. Even Farage has said it was a mistake to make that claim.
Apparently a lot of people are now regretting where they put their cross. Some even saying they didn't actually think it would happen or they voted out as a protest against the government. WTF?
A very good argument against democracy is a 5 minute discussion with the average voter. Winston Churchill.
Perhaps there should have been a 14 day cooling off period.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.html&ved=0ahUKEwihrMXLx8XNAhXmL8AKHYehDIQQqG8IGzAA&usg=AFQjCNEJWtxgx0Rf-7Y8f9Y2M6vqXUMJjA

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:29 pm

I will never regret my decision to vote leave, i'm working class but not stupid. I think remain side are scaremongering on a grand scale. We English have a voice at last and should be allowed to say who governs us and how, isn't that part of being a democracy? All this talk about overturning the vote will cause a civil war if it hasn't already. I am sick of the elite sneering at us, spreading the lie that the English will not do certain jobs, codswallop my whole town was built around manufacturing although most of the factories are long gone. Public services have a skeleton service in place, the NHS is sinking the great has long gone out of Britain and I want it back.
The people have spoken and that needs to be respected, to ignore would be fool hardy.
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Empty Re:The European Union referendum.

Post  costello Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:34 pm

I don't regret voting to leave at all Chirpy, but then I never believed we actually paid the £350 million in the first instance, a lesser amount yes. I assumed that any saving on this money would be distributed
wherever and not just the NHS. Just the way I read it.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:55 pm

Hi Costello. I totally agree, I too never thought it was meant that all that new money was to be spent all on NHS,many people did not realize that I think.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:04 pm

What I would also like to know is post referendum why all the mud slinging at Corbyn why none at Cameron and Osbourne? That in itself tells its own story of dirty tricks of the establishment.
Can I also ask if my posts are visible as I have noticed most are not acknowledged.
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm

coppernob wrote:I will never regret my decision to vote leave, i'm working class but not stupid. I think remain side are scaremongering on a grand scale. We English have a voice at last and should be allowed to say who governs us and how, isn't that part of being a democracy? All this talk about overturning the vote will cause a civil war if it hasn't already. I am sick of the elite sneering at us, spreading the lie that the English will not do certain jobs, codswallop my whole town was built around manufacturing although most of the factories are long gone. Public services have a skeleton service in place, the NHS is sinking the great has long gone out of Britain and I want it back.
The people have spoken and that needs to be respected, to ignore would be fool hardy.

We English? Are you forgetting that it was a referendum for the people of the United Kingdom to decide, not the exclusive domain of England?
What will happen now to the borders of north and south Ireland and between Gibraltar and Spain? Do you rebuild Hadrian's wall if Scotland get Indie?
What happens to the Northern Ireland Agreement which is based on free movement of EU citizens? Do you just tear up all the years of blood and tears that it took to reach it?
Leave promised to control immigration, not curtail it. A points system could actually increase it.
The NHS could not survive if it weren't for non British workers and likely the same with the the transport system or the agricultural system.
Can you continue to pay 5 to 6% more for everything you import?. Can businesses who employ people and pay their wages, keep their businesses afloat when the currency they deal in is worth 20% less.
Britain might have been Great once upon a time but manufacturing has gone, coal mines are gone. Everything to do with any manufacturing that is left has to be imported.
Research and Development is almost entirely EU funded. What happens there? No more funding for cancer research or Alzheimers? Divert other precious resources which will be stretched to the limit?
Will Cornwall get the 60million it currently receives annually from the EU as a grant from central gov? Will Wales get tge equivalent of its grants?
Airfares will go up. Your holidays will cost more if you can even afford one.
What about all the people who moved to the UK, who work and contribute to the economy? Will they be forced to leave?
Will over a million British passport holders, most of who are elderly, now have to return home, putting a huge strain on the now understaffed NHS? Where are they going to live in overcrowded Britain?
I am not saying Leavers are stupid so please don't think I am but I wonder how many actually thought of any of the above consequences on Thursday. Or did the majority sign leave on their own disgruntled ( rightly) view of the establishment.

Back to top Go down

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Empty Re:The European Union referendum.

Post  costello Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:07 pm

coppernob wrote:What I would also like to know is post referendum why all the mud slinging at Corbyn why none at Cameron and Osbourne? That in itself tells its own story of dirty tricks of the establishment.
Can I also ask if my posts are visible as I have noticed most are not acknowledged.

I totally agree with you coppernob. Where is George Osbourne?
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:12 pm

Claptrap re NHS and foreign workers I know loads of English who have trained to be nurses etc who can not get jobs. Yes we English (although I am half Irish) if the Scots , Welsh and Irish can be proud then so can I.
If Scots want to rule themselves let them. Us English have to pay for our higher education, prescriptions and residential care .
I am not racist, I welcome others coming to work here but not to drain our welfare state or in uncontrolled numbers.
I have an opnion and should be , in a democratic nation be allowed to state it without fear of being shouted down which is what has happened.
BTW I know my spelling and punctuation are not perfect the reason i tend to not post much

P.S As for holidays, I cant afford one now let alone post exit. Us working class have suffered with low wages for years . My town has seen its shipbuilding industry decimated and sent to Scotland, we are a nation which can re build our trade with other countries with out hands tied by the EU , Viva the future it feels so much brighter now

Last edited by coppernob on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm

Each morning I've woken since the result with an increasing warm glow of happiness and another feeling I didn't recognise was there at first. It's an enormous sense of relief.

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Each morning I've woken since the result with an increasing warm glow of happiness and another feeling I didn't recognise was there at first. It's an enormous sense of relief.

S0 agree cheers
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:19 pm

costello wrote:
coppernob wrote:What I would also like to know is post referendum why all the mud slinging at Corbyn why none at Cameron and Osbourne? That in itself tells its own story of dirty tricks of the establishment.

I totally agree with you coppernob. Where is George Osbourne?

Cool Suspect
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm

Yes of course they are visible Smile - sometimes posts don't get acknowledged, mine never do Smile

Your are right about Corbyn, why is he taking the flack, and I see there is a coup to get rid of him...

It is being said Dianne Abbot is the new shadow Chancellor........WTF! That would be a bad decision though.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:25 pm

I like Corbyn and hope he survives this. It is being said this is all to deflect from the Chilcott report and to stop Corbyn denouncing Blair. Interesting times ahead .......
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  costello Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:28 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Each morning I've woken since the result with an increasing warm glow of happiness and another feeling I didn't recognise was there at first. It's an enormous sense of relief.

Me too Dee Coy. Apologies as I don't want to keep rambling on here.I only have one 'grouse' in that
when I voted to leave the EU, I did so as a British citizen regardless of the fact I am Scottish.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm

It's a crying shame all this backstabbing, they should be ashamed of themselves acting like kids in a playground.  They should all be pulling together to get this country up from it's knees and make it Great again.  They make me sick the lot of them, no wonder people are rebelling.  I think the referendum vote was more about the publics dislike for them all not the vote about Europe.  I must say I like Corbyn myself, and he deserves a go, in fact since he has been leader they have won all the by elections..

I see Tom Watson having to return from Glastonbury (shame)- they say to take over the reins!! Here he is such a shame at the train station...

BREXIT - The European Union referendum - Page 6 Th?id=HG.83911864679&w=109&h=147&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:33 pm

Costello, sorry if my post comes across as being anti Scottish as that is not what i'm about. I am proud to be from England and it has felt for such a long time that was not allowed. My Grandfather was brought up in the Scottish Highlands so I have Scottish roots too Smile
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:36 pm

I haven't checked if this has been posted -

Great bloke
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:37 pm

@Candyfloss how does that so go when the going gets tough?
I can not believe that our PM has deserted us in the countries time of need if that dosnt come across as self serving.
Who ever takes the reigns and has the balls to lead us through will be seen as a leader with backbone I feel.

Last edited by coppernob on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
coppernob
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next