MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

+23
dogs don't lie
dannii
Birdy
costello
Dee Coy
Poe
espeland
Bampots
TheTruthWillOut
Helenmeg
handrash
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
candyfloss
Andrew
unreorganised
wjk
PMR
Admin
Mimi
froggy
mumof6
Freedom
27 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm   * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund - Page 2 Empty Re: Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 10:32 pm

The Smith sighting seemed to start off quite promising, then suddenly Bilton threw in he has since said he was mistaken! Yet he didn't mention interviewing him or where this was said. When did Mr Smith say he was mistaken, can someone point me there.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm   * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund - Page 2 Empty Re: Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

Post  Bampots Wed 03 May 2017, 10:34 pm

What's_up_doc? wrote:I don't know if it was intentional but the PJ came across as far more intelligent than OG. It just looked farcical with reports of SY detectives turning up and questioning a man who appeared to have a learning disability, because they thought he resembled an E-fit - which he didn't. CM was so pompous and supercilious it is according to him unbelievable that doctors could be involved in the disappearance of their daughter. Simple, poor foreign people why yes  but heaven forbid British doctors! What a nasty, deluded snob!
That wouldnt be doctors like Shipman?

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Wed 03 May 2017, 10:38 pm

Mitchell such a clown ... No one takes him seriously except himself. It certainly made the British look like dummies what with Bilton and Mitchell and those police reps. The Portuguese came across as pretty astute really. So maybe it did some good!
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 03 May 2017, 10:48 pm

Helenmeg wrote:Any programme with Gamble and Mitchell is going to be a farce.
Like the way Gamble had a go at T May (as he would)  - hopefully might make T May more keen to get the truth out...
What an idiot Bilton is.    

I don't think Bilton is an idiot, just trying to do a job with various constraints imposed on him, the programme and the BBC. He and the team probably have much more knowledge and information than could be broadcast. The legals would have already viewed it. I remember the first Panorama report and feel he would like to crack this case!

I noticed that one of the two researchers was Brendan de Beere.

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Wed 03 May 2017, 10:57 pm

Luna wrote:

I noticed that one of the two researchers was Brendan de Beere.

I have serious misgivings about that individual.

Anybody watching the various CMTV pieces that get posted up will appreciate how much more sober and coherent the Portuguese media coverage is compared to what we here in the UK are subjected to. And Correio da Manha is considered to be at the trashy end of the news spectrum.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 10:59 pm

Dear Hairy Bert- - he would say that wouldn't he,  he was in in the programme, and solved the case.  Shutter can be opened and window slide and cord pulled..  

Heriberto Janosch‏ @JanoschGonzalez · 42m42 minutes ago  

#bbcpanorama An objective report about Madeleine #McCann abduction.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 11:03 pm

Katie Hopkins‏Verified account @KTHopkins ·

Another day of compulsory sympathy for the McCanns. There is an alternative view. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3457221/KATIE-HOPKINS-ll-never-know-really-happened-Maddy-parents-accept-share-blame-let-go.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 03 May 2017, 11:04 pm

candyfloss wrote:Dear Hairy Bert- - he would say that wouldn't he,  he was in in the programme, and solved the case.  Shutter can be opened and window slide and cord pulled..  

Heriberto Janosch‏ @JanoschGonzalez · 42m42 minutes ago  

#bbcpanorama An objective report about Madeleine #McCann abduction.
He forgot to mention just how high the window to 5a is from the ground, so I hope Hairy Bert has very long arms!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 11:06 pm

Panorama hashtag busy, read the comments.......

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Wed 03 May 2017, 11:13 pm

He forgot to mention just how high the window to 5a is from the ground, so I hope Hairy Bert has very long arms!

IIRC The window isn't that high, there's a clip of PeterMac trying to open it. Mind you, it would take more than one abductor to remove Madeleine that way.

I'm disappointed that neither Sky nor the BBC mentioned the state of the bedroom when the PJ found it.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 12:06 am

espeland wrote:

IIRC The window isn't that high, there's a clip of PeterMac trying to open it. Mind you, it would take more than one abductor to remove Madeleine that way.

I'm disappointed that neither Sky nor the BBC mentioned the state of the bedroom when the PJ found it.
From the inside the window for the bedroom the children slept in was approximately 3ft from the ground and was small (2ft x 2ft). From the outside it's higher but I don't know how high. Did PM test the shutter on the window to the children's bedroom or was it another window, because it looked like the other side of the apartment to me. I would be grateful if  you could clarify this because I thought the children's room was on the steep elevation to the side and I may have got that wrong.  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 04 May 2017, 12:12 am

What's_up_doc? wrote:
espeland wrote:

From the inside the window for the bedroom the children slept in was approximately 3ft from the ground and was small (2ft x 2ft). From the outside it's higher but I don't know how high. Did PM test the shutter on the window to the children's bedroom or was it another window, because it looked like the other side of the apartment to me. I would be grateful if  you could clarify this because I thought the children's room was on the steep elevation to the side and I may have got that wrong.  Shocked

It is at the front of the apartment just to the right of the front door but juts out further than the front door which is recessed further back.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 12:28 am

Thank you I have completely misunderstood where the window is. There is a window on the side elevation but the window which was supposed to be the exit for the abductors is at the front. This makes it even more worrying that KM ran back to the tapas and left this window open with the twins inside. It is very close to a car park and a busy road.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 04 May 2017, 1:21 am

They had phones - why wouldn`t you just phone your husband and say Madeleine`s missing. I don`t believe they were without their phones that evening.

Anyway surely if they were supposed to be going back and forth to check the children they would have had their phones on them to call each other if there was a problem with one of the children.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 5:48 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/05/03/madeleine-mccann-10-years-review-panorama-documentary-attempts/

Madeleine McCann: 10 Years On: review - Panorama documentary attempts to connect dots of mystery
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 5:55 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-reporter-reveals-asked-act-10351623

BBC reporter reveals he was asked to 'act as a spy' by 'somebody inside McCann camp' after Madeleine vanished
Richard Bilton confessed to Murat that he was asked to operate covertly within the press pack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/man-keys-every-room-resort-10351805

Man with keys to every room at resort where Madeleine McCann vanished speaks for first time about case
Vitor Manuel dos Santos had a key to every room and said he lost his job because of the case
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 6:24 am

I didn't think the Panorama show was that bad. In some ways probably slightly better than I anticipated. There was some crap mixed in but also some good stuff for average Joe Public to watch and digest. Which was probably the whole point of the thing in the first place.

Would the McCanns be happy about that programme being aired to the masses?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 6:39 am

The revelation that someone from team MCann approached Bilton and asked him to be a spy in the press pack was incredibly damming - it shows how devious they were/are. Poor Murat too with his anecdotal evidence that the McCanns' private detectives were following him was more grubbiness, again a poor reflection on the McCanns IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 6:50 am

I would wager a bet that was Mitchell himself who tried to coerce/dangle a carrot etc.

Pathetic sad and desperate creature that he is.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 7:08 am

Mitchell came across really badly with his sneering contempt for anyone who could  possible entertain the notion that two British doctors could be involved in the disappearance of their own daughter. It was positively colonial! He also stated that KM had answered all the questions put to her on previous occasions, trying I think to imply that the questions she refused to answer were ones she had already answered on previous occasions. 
His job title should be master of the dark arts. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2017, 9:20 am

Here's the link for the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pmtb1/panorama-madeleine-mccann-10-years-on

It's available for 11 months so I have time to pluck up courage to watch it!

For the moment I am using the warning that it contains flashing images as an excuse not to do so.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 9:49 am

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/theresa-may-didnt-tell-truth-madeleine-mccann-report-oath-080405095.html

Prime Minister Theresa May has been accused of failing to tell the truth about the government’s decision to launch an independent review into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The sensational claims were made in a special edition of Panorama which was broadcast last night to mark the tenth anniversary of the three-year-old’s disappearance in Praia Da Luz, Portugal.

The documentary claims that the government decided to launch a ‘independent, transparent and comprehensive review of all information’ after being pressured by an open letter published on the front page of The Sun in 2011.

But Theresa May is later seen to seemingly contradict the claims under oath at the Leveson Inquiry, and instead states that the government had been considering a fresh review before the paper published the letter.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 10:24 am

If I had to choose between believing Theresa May or the treacherous Jim Gamble, I'd choose Theresa every time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 04 May 2017, 10:34 am

Freedom wrote:Here's the link for the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08pmtb1/panorama-madeleine-mccann-10-years-on

It's available for 11 months so I have time to pluck up courage to watch it!

For the moment I am using the warning that it contains flashing images as an excuse not to do so.

I`m not going to watch it - it`ll send my blood pressure sky high !

Though I did watch the Sky one with Martin Brunt - which was less biased by the sound of it from what people are posting about the Bilton one.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 May 2017, 10:40 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

From what has been said, the contribution from Clarence Mitchell is in itself enough to have me throwing the computer out of the window.

I've only managed 15 minutes of the Sky programme so far but will try again later with that one.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next