MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

+28
AndyB
Mo
poster
chilli
coppernob
Mimi
wjk
Antonia
Châtelaine
dannii
Helenmeg
bluebell
Bampots
chrissie
Birdy
chirpyinsect
What's_up_doc?
mumof6
froggy
unreorganised
Heisenburg
Dee Coy
niklasericson
Poe
dogs don't lie
candyfloss
Freedom
Andrew
32 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 Empty Re: 10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

Post  Andrew Wed 03 May 2017, 5:15 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 Empty Re: 10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 5:24 pm

Police quizzed manager of apartment where McCann disappeared
By Richard Bilton Reporter, BBC Panorama 20 minutes ago

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _95889459_vitorsantosImage caption Vitor dos Santos now runs boat tours for tourists
UK detectives have questioned the reception manager at the apartment complex where Madeleine McCann disappeared, the BBC has discovered.
It is 10 years to the day since the three-year-old disappeared while on holiday in Portugal.
Vitor dos Santos took the booking for the McCann family holiday at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz in 2007.
In his first interview, Mr dos Santos told BBC Panorama he had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance.
He was originally interviewed by the Portuguese detectives in 2007, but was questioned again by the Metropolitan Police two years ago.

Mr dos Santos said British detectives asked him the same questions as the Portuguese: "They make the questions as usual.
"The same questions as when the girl went missing - that's it.
"The police asked just the things about our job, because I was the head of some departments, but now I lost the job," he said.
"The people said it's because of Maddie McCann reasons that I lost the job."
Mr Dos Santos now runs boat tours for tourists in the nearby town of Lagos.

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _85928057_73675895Image copyright PA Image caption Madeleine, from Leicestershire, was three when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in 2007
The British investigation into Madeleine's disappearance was started in 2011 at the request of the then Prime Minister David Cameron. It has already cost more than £11m.
Scotland Yard has focused on the theory that the three-year-old was taken during a burglary that went wrong.
In 2014, British detectives also questioned four men from Praia Da Luz.
They were made official suspects, or arguidos, and have been living under suspicion for almost three years.
Paulo Ribeiro - one of the four suspects - told BBC Panorama that he was shocked to be questioned about how Madeleine went missing.
"I thought it was incredible, as I knew of nothing when the police arrived at my door with a piece of paper that had a drawing on it, saying it bore a likeness to me, and that someone had said I was involved and that I looked like the person who had kidnapped Maddie.
"I don't know who that person was."
10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _95840121_mediaitem95840040Image copyright PA Image caption Madeleine McCann went missing from this apartment block in Luz in the Algarve
All four suspects denied any involvement in the disappearance of Madeleine.
The Portuguese police clearly believe them.
Pedro Do Carmo, deputy director of the Policia Judiciaria, told Panorama that he had never considered them to be suspects.
"I can only say that we questioned those people on request of the Metropolitan Police and only based on the request of the Metropolitan Police.
"We never questioned those people. We never saw or looked at those people as suspects of the crime."
10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _66239292_line210th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _70493411_madeleinesatview_withsighting

• 20:30 Kate and Gerry McCann leave their apartment to have dinner at a Tapas bar
  • 21:05 Gerry McCann checks on Madeleine and her siblings
  • 22:00 A man is seen carrying a child wearing pyjamas heading towards the ocean (E-fit images of the suspect were released as part of a 2013 Crimewatch appeal)
  • 22:00 Kate McCann raises the alarm that Madeleine has gone missing

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 17 _66239292_line2
Last week, Scotland Yard announced there was no evidence to implicate the four men and the case against them had been closed.
The Met say it is pursuing new lines of enquiry and that it has not ruled out the burglary theory.
But many in Portugal are sceptical.
Carlos Anjos, the former head of the Policia Judiciaria officers' union, told Panorama the British investigation has been a waste of £11m.
"This burglary theory is absurd.
"Not even a wallet disappeared, no television disappeared, nothing else disappeared.
"A child disappeared."
The BBC Panorama programme - Madeleine McCann: Ten Years On - is on BBC One at 21:00 BST on Wednesday and available on iPlayer afterwards.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 May 2017, 5:47 pm

I've never heard of Mr Santos before.

Looking at this comment from his police statement - "When questioned about the availability of a baby sitting service from 19.30 to 23.30 he confirms that this service exists and that it is free. When asked, the witness replies that he cannot understand why as the service was free, the McCanns did not use it" - he's not the only one who didn't understand!

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/VITOR-SANTOS.htm

Last edited by Freedom on Wed 03 May 2017, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo - yes, even I make them!)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 May 2017, 6:03 pm

What's a 'statment', Freedom.

I've got one up on both mods today.

Inserts smiley face as can't find one on my phone.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 May 2017, 6:13 pm

Guilty as charged. My excuse is that the flat upstairs is currently being ripped to pieces and so there's a lot of noise.

As long as I don't start putting apostrophes in plural nouns I shall be happy!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 6:31 pm

Freedom wrote:Guilty as charged. My excuse is that the flat upstairs is currently being ripped to pieces and so there's a lot of noise.

As long as I don't start putting apostrophes in plural nouns I shall be happy!
That's me told then Embarassed

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 03 May 2017, 6:44 pm

Has anyone ever heard about that one ^^^
Actually, you'd be forgiven if you thought the media was trying to let the public know that every possible POI has been ruled out confused

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 03 May 2017, 6:59 pm

So not only did Kate know that Madeleine had been abducted, but she knew that at least 2 people were involved.

That is really weird.

Even on the "simulated abduction", why would she go for multiple people?

Or is she upset because someone (well, multiple someones) have taken the body, was she expecting a different scenario?
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 03 May 2017, 7:03 pm

Don't give me this sh*t ... I may have mentioned many times before, that when once [well more than once] one of my dogs went missing, I would slide on slippery sloops at midnight at freezing temperatures, have a flashlight between my teeth, whilst I called for assistance and not give up until I found them ...
Oh, the anxiety, the anger and then: the JOY!

BTW meanwhile I have raised my outer walls up to 2m + and since then no more problems [unbeschrien, unberufen!] :-)
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 May 2017, 7:14 pm

mumof6 wrote:

So not only did Kate know that Madeleine had been abducted, but she knew that at least 2 people were involved.

That is really weird.

Or is she upset because someone (well, multiple someones) have taken the body, was she expecting a different scenario?

..... Because multiple people were involved in the charade.

See 2 written timelines that night. (a 3rd as well according to GA)

'They'... Because they were all involved in trying to cover things up. All last minute.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 7:15 pm

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 ·

10 Yrs ago I blogged regularly about the #McCanns as to WHY they were being protected at highest level. Today, the question still remains.

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 ·

Why would Scotland Yard order MET detective Colin Sutton to "find Kate & Garry #mccann INNOCENT and ignore other leads"?? #MadelineMcCann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 May 2017, 7:20 pm

If you go to Col Sutt's Twitter page then you'll see the responses to that.

That Walker/Wright t****r sort of got involved as well.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 03 May 2017, 7:52 pm

Andrew wrote:
mumof6 wrote:

That is really weird.

..... Because multiple people were involved in the charade.

See 2 written timelines that night. (a 3rd as well according to GA)

'They'... Because they were all involved in trying to cover things up. All last minute.

Imo etc.

So Kate started off thinking they were going to blame the mafia?

And then realised it was Portugal, and burglars there work in ones?

It sounds so mad that you could well be right, she had a mental picture of a gang to be blamed, and no one told her it was supposed to be a lone paedoburglar.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 8:11 pm

McCanns arrive at their local Anglican church... I thought they were Catholics.

Kate and Gerry McCann join villagers, family and friends to pray for their daughter Madeleine on 10th anniversary of her disappearance
McCanns arrived today at the church in Rothley, Leicestershire, to mark the occasion and pray for Madeleine
It is an event Kate called 'a horrible marker of our stolen time' as she revealed they will never give up on her
Fiona and David Payne, who were on Algarve holiday in 2007 when Madeleine disappeared, are at the event

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4470752/Kate-Gerry-McCann-join-prayers-Madeleine.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 8:12 pm

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 30m30 minutes ago

"FOX News Joins the Lying Media Brigade on the McCann Case" They refused to use my commentary. #mccann #morelies http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2017/05/fox-news-joins-lying-media-brigade-on.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 May 2017, 8:29 pm

candyfloss wrote:PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 30m30 minutes ago  

"FOX News Joins the Lying Media Brigade on the McCann Case" They refused to use my commentary. #mccann #morelies http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2017/05/fox-news-joins-lying-media-brigade-on.html

Typical Fox News, isn't it owned by Murdoch?

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  niklasericson Wed 03 May 2017, 9:18 pm

candyfloss wrote:McCanns arrive at their local Anglican church... I thought they were Catholics.

Kate and Gerry McCann join villagers, family and friends to pray for their daughter Madeleine on 10th anniversary of her disappearance
McCanns arrived today at the church in Rothley, Leicestershire, to mark the occasion and pray for Madeleine
It is an event Kate called 'a horrible marker of our stolen time' as she revealed they will never give up on her
Fiona and David Payne, who were on Algarve holiday in 2007 when Madeleine disappeared, are at the event

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4470752/Kate-Gerry-McCann-join-prayers-Madeleine.html

Only 2 Tapas friends made it to church?
Where was the lady in purple?

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 03 May 2017, 9:22 pm

niklasericson wrote:
candyfloss wrote:McCanns arrive at their local Anglican church... I thought they were Catholics.

Only 2 Tapas friends made it to church?
Where was the lady in purple?

And on the 10th Anniversary?? Wow scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 03 May 2017, 9:26 pm

IMO [but I may be wrong] ties, somehow, between McCanns and Paynes are tight. As for the others ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Wed 03 May 2017, 10:52 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IMO [but I may be wrong] ties, somehow, between McCanns and Paynes are tight. As for the others ...

I agree, and if you think about it, if Madeleine had really been abducted, I'd have expected ALL of the Tapas7 to go out of their way to attend that prayer service. The fact they didn't is a red flag on its own, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next