MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

+28
AndyB
Mo
poster
chilli
coppernob
Mimi
wjk
Antonia
Châtelaine
dannii
Helenmeg
bluebell
Bampots
chrissie
Birdy
chirpyinsect
What's_up_doc?
mumof6
froggy
unreorganised
Heisenburg
Dee Coy
niklasericson
Poe
dogs don't lie
candyfloss
Freedom
Andrew
32 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 20 Empty Re: 10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

Post  Andrew Tue 09 May 2017, 3:04 pm

Snipped:

Sutcliffe – serving life for murdering 13 women – said:

“It makes you sick really, keeping it in the limelight.

They’ve got a cheek anyway because they made it all up. They were involved.

There’s no other explanation.

They’ll do anything to try and make money out of a situation.”

... As much as I despise the man, I can't disagree with him there.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties - Page 20 Empty Re: 10th anniversary stories: both lunatic and sensible varieties

Post  Freedom Tue 09 May 2017, 6:36 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 09 May 2017, 7:43 pm

Yes, it will be a rehash/mix of all that.

I actually thought the nonsense stories would come to a halt now. For a while anyway.

Although I believe it's M birthday at the end of the week. Bless her.

So more codswallop to come.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 12 May 2017, 9:17 am

If anyone's feeling brave, have a look at the comments on the Official McCann Facebook page about the Hedley Freeman article.

"Hadley Freeman wrote this excellent column for the Guardian about the tendency of the public to blame parents who experience tragedy.
~FM Missing Children's Coordinator"

https://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf

I wonder what work is involved for a "missing children's co-ordinator" - perhaps that's Kate new job........
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 12 May 2017, 9:22 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 12 May 2017, 9:32 am

I have to say that, apart from having better teeth, there is nothing to distinguish the McCanns from the usual dregs of society who appear on the Jeremy Kyle show!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Fri 12 May 2017, 10:16 am

They would have to be very careful how they phrased the question.

Have you got anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance? Answer No. This may be truthful, as many people feel the body is not the person.

What questions could they ask? I suppose "do you know for certain that Madeleine is dead" would be one that might work.

Not that they would go on the show.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Fri 12 May 2017, 11:06 am

Doesn't seem to mention abduction, just disappearance and missing ?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 12 May 2017, 11:31 am

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:47 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:24 am

Do you not have a round receptacle in the corner of the room?

If we were to believe that Madeleine is alive then these posters leave me wondering what they are meant to achieve. "Little girl"? She would be 14, about to start GCSEs, looking like a young woman, hardly a "little girl". Why, therefore, do we get offered a poster that has only her 3 year old photo? Or the age progression that is meant to show her at age 6?

Surely it would be more useful to mention birthmarks which would not change, flecks in eyes, different coloured eyes, all the things that don't change throughout our lives?

It actually feels to me like those posters have not been changed/updated for years, they are there but not being updated.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:06 am

It's all about showing support for the parents, another attempt to whip up some kind  of emotional connection from a public who wised up years ago. Thankfully OG are keeping out of it by the look of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:12 am

Last 3 posts transferred from the nonsense abductions topic.

You know not to expect any spark of intelligence from Tracey Kandohla!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:37 am

I agree wud.

It's always been a play for sympathy for the parents never about the real Madeleine.

The campaign from day one was to create an icon. The beautiful, angelic child who must be found at all costs simply because she is so beautiful and angelic.

It's extremely inconvenient for the McCanns that she would now be a young woman so they stick to the iconic three year old and a younger age progression.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:50 am

Poe wrote:I agree wud.

It's always been a play for sympathy for the parents never about the real Madeleine.

The campaign from day one was to create an icon. The beautiful, angelic child who must be found at all costs simply because she is so beautiful and angelic.

It's extremely inconvenient for the McCanns that she would now be a young woman so they stick to the iconic three year old and a younger age progression.

They still have funding in the account, if they want people to take posters it should be an up to date age progression poster. It muddies the waters by giving posters that would probably look nothing like Madeleine would look.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:57 am

I don't believe for one minute that they've spent money on getting all these posters done in different languages.

It's a load of garbage.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 28 Jun 2017, 10:50 am

I like the metaphor of an icon Poe, I've never thought of it before but religious symbolism is so important to the McCanns and unquestioning submission to their doctrine is essential. The age progressed image of a smiling teenage girl still wearing her Leicester football shirt is just a necessary appendage because the focus is still keeping the attention on the iconic image an rekindling hope in a flock who deserted the McCanns a long time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 28 Jun 2017, 10:58 am

...The choice of languages is important though Andrew - Arabic and Romanian are the two that jumped out at me. Always opportunistic and quick to tap into xenophobia or racial stereotypes, printing posters in certain languages has a potency when it comes to propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 28 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

On the day that its announced that there are to be prosecutions in the Hillsborough disaster let it be not forgot the level of reporting from the scum at the time then take anything they proclaim with a large pinch of salt,and do the McCann really want their names associated with this rag?
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 28 Jun 2017, 8:58 pm

Has anyone here ever seen one of these posters anywhere? Ever?

I've been to a lot of different places on holiday etc in the last decade and I cannot recall ever seeing one.

Or any other type of sticker/car thing/T-shirts etc.

Seen absolutely diddly-squat.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4648316/British-mother-arrested-Spain-abandoning-children.html

Was just reading this. Will let Freedom put it in the relevant section.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:29 pm

I think this is a stunt too far, even if there are mawkish holidaymakers willing to pack a poster, I can't imagine many hoteliers or shopkeepers will be willing to indulge them. Many parents (myself included) remember how this case affected our own children and I don't think they should be allowed to scare another generation of children. I hope someone stops this stunt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20