MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

+24
Mimi
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Heisenburg
joyce1938
Guinea Pig
Bubblewrapped
Poe
dogs don't lie
bluebell
wjk
hesla
travis macbickle
candyfloss
Andrew
costello
chirpyinsect
Freedom
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Anne
Tryingagain
Châtelaine
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Empty FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:28 am

I'm getting this a lot, I'm sure everyone else is.  Don't worry about it, at a guess I'd say that forumotion are having server overload problems, and we're being redirected to their home page when their servers are unable to fulfil a page request.  There's nothing sinister about it, forumotion must be having technical difficulties.

Back to top Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Empty Re: FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

Forumotion are changing data centres, this post on their help page explains it:

Dear Forumotion members

In order to perform our service and to have more stable forums, we have decided to change our datacenter. In parallel with the datacenter change, we will also replace some old servers for new, more powerful servers.

The technical studies are now over. So, this project is currently in the testing phase in order to finalize the last details before the forums migration on new servers and the new Datacenter.

During the migration, there are some risks of whitepages, slowdows, or forums not available. That is normal
Do not fear, everything is simply under control of our technical team . They are doing their best to make the migration fast and easy..

http://help.forumotion.com/

This means that they are one by one turning servers off in the old data centre, and moving them to the new more powerful servers, so their capacity to fulfil page requests is limited at the moment. Might be a problem for the rest of today, but don't worry about it.

Back to top Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Empty Problems with Forumotion

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

You will have noticed forumotion running slow, and actually being off earlier - this is because they are changing servers and are in the testing phase at the moment so we will experience slow downs, white pages, etc.,  Here is the announcement.........

IMPORTANT] Change of Datacenter
September 30th 2014, 8:38 am by Buttercup

Change of Datacenter

Dear Forumotion members

In order to perform our service and to have more stable forums, we have decided to change our datacenter. In parallel with the datacenter change, we will also replace some old servers for new, more powerful servers.

The technical studies are now over. So, this project is currently in the testing phase in order to finalize the last details before the forums migration on new servers and the new Datacenter.

During the migration, there are some risks of whitepages, slowdows, or forums not available. That is normal FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Icon_sad
Do not fear, everything is simply under control of our technical team . They are doing their best to make the migration fast and easy..
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Empty Re: FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems

Post  Andrew Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:41 am

Yeah got all that earlier as well. Actually thought I got banned Crying or Very sad

Glad to see normal service resume.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:44 am

There were one or two of us who needed the smelling salts when this happened!

It just seemed strange after the Facebook whooshing of all reference to the Summers and Swan book and the end of the Richard Phillips blog.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:48 am

Freedom wrote:There were one or two of us who needed the smelling salts when this happened!

It just seemed strange after the Facebook whooshing of all reference to the Summers and Swan book and the end of the Richard Phillips blog.

You can say that again Very Happy   I have put an announcement in Latest News so everyone can see it.  Phew Laughing
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:49 am

Until the switch-over has been completed you might find that you'll get the redirects again at various times during the day. Nothing to worry about, and no shadowy agency is trying to take the forum down ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:54 am

You can't blame anyone though if there's a whiff of paranoia floating around!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:00 pm

Freedom wrote:You can't blame anyone though if there's a whiff of paranoia floating around!

I suffered from paranoia too when I first saw it, but then my technical training kicked in. Very Happy But for at least 0.6 seconds, I was worried too ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:10 pm

Swapping datacentres is pretty major surgery. It will also affect other Forumotion fora stored on the same servers, so for anyone here who is also on Missing Madeleine, CMOMM or, God forbid, The Cesspit, there may well be the same issues arising.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:16 pm

Indeed there are the same issues affecting other forums.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

Resistor wrote:Swapping datacentres is pretty major surgery.  It will also affect other Forumotion fora stored on the same servers, so for anyone here who is also on Missing Madeleine, CMOMM or, God forbid, The Cesspit, there may well be the same issues arising.

I have heard there are.  MM and the 'other place' Laughing   We will all have to put up with it for a while, hopefully it will then be much better, as long as they don't lose the forums in the meantime, this one doesn't have much stored on it yet, but some do.
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

FORUMOTION - Announcements and Updates/Any problems Empty SOLVED NOW - VERY IMPORTANT MORE PROBLEMS WITH FORUMOTION AND MISSING POSTS and missing new members ETC. new data centre has 'lost' posts' and 'posters'

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:20 am

Have just logged in to find missing posts, welcome thread starting from Sept 30th when there are many more posts than that.  Also new registered members missing at the bottom of page, 122 instead of 129 or 130.  

Just had a look at forumotion help it looks as though it has been reported and they are aware of it...

http://help.forumotion.com/t135889p120-change-of-datacenter-report-bugs#916810

It looks as if the forum has gone back to an earlier time.....

Last edited by candyfloss on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:21 am

I notice my flower thing signature is back which I deleted days ago, it looks like data base as gone back to an earlier time??

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:22 am

I'd noticed that there were fewer members than I thought there were.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:27 am

Freedom wrote:I'd noticed that there were fewer members than I thought there were.

I hope they haven't lost all those those posts. I don't know if those new members who joined in those days that have gone whoosh will now be able to log in.......I doubt it.

http://help.forumotion.com/t136025-stuff-randomly-disappeared-changed#916806

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:29 am

I hope the Men in Suits aren't fiddling about with it behind the scenes.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:30 am

Andrew wrote:I hope the Men in Suits aren't fiddling about with it behind the scenes.

Heheh, it is all to do with this new datacentre Andrew, it seems many are having problems.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

This seems to have happened to some in earlier hours this am......

http://help.forumotion.com/t136021-only-topic-critical-error#916813

Seems like the new datacentre is not running as smoothly as they thought.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Thu 09 Oct 2014, 10:42 am

Purée!
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Oct 2014, 11:45 am

Bump so all will see.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:50 pm

I can't get on this forum from the generally very good library I use. Using the internet is not anonymous, you have to log in.

Strangely, in the very public library where I don't have to log in I can get on this site easily.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 10 Oct 2014, 8:26 am

I wondered why I had been logged out, I generally just stay logged in all the time as I'm using my own computer at home, so no security issues. I normally find that if I haven't posted anything for a couple of days I am automatically logged out, but on this occasion I had been posting, so I assume it was a forumotion glitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 10 Oct 2014, 9:40 am

I get logged out usually about once a week on all three of the forums to which I regularly contribute or view.

I don't know why it happens but I don't think it's a Forumotion glitch.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Fri 10 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

I often get logged-out after I install a latest version of Firefox.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next