MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing People news

+27
niklasericson
bluebell
seahorse
PMR
gbwales
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
joyce1938
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
Guinea Pig
Dee Coy
froggy
chrissie
hesla
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Admin
Heisenburg
Bampots
Rosa canina
Andrew
costello
Poe
candyfloss
Antonia
Freedom
31 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Missing People news - Page 5 Empty Re:Kate and Coral.

Post  costello Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

Can anyone please confirm that Gerry's sister Patricia Cameron used to work for Missing People. I read this today on fb, I wasn't aware of this before.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 5 Empty Re: Missing People news

Post  poster Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:40 pm

costello wrote:Can anyone please confirm that Gerry's sister Patricia Cameron used to work for Missing People. I read this today on fb, I wasn't aware of this before.

This week, Patricia became a family representative for the charity Missing People, who help with searches and support those left behind.

She wanted to take on the role to highlight the plight of the many left with a void in their life - the parents, the children, the sisters, the brothers, the uncles and the aunts of the missing.

"They are overwhelmed by trying to be breadwinners, investigators and parents. That's why I support the Missing Rights campaign. People need all the help they can get."

Madeleine was snatched from the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007, as Gerry and Kate dined nearby.

For the McCanns, there was a desperate need for funds to pay for legal advice and a worldwide search.

Patricia said: "It is so hard to watch Kate and Gerry push themselves constantly. When Madeleine first went missing, family and friends had to step in to help them pay the mortgage.

"Money is constantly tight but they have to keep going. They will never give up looking and that costs money. Families of the missing still need to pay bills while they search but there is no right to any financial help."

After Madeleine disappeared, Patricia took on the role of babysitter for Kate and Gerry's twins, Sean and Amelie, now five, while their parents searched.

"Money is constantly tight but they have to keep going. They will never give up looking and that costs money. Families of the missing still need to pay bills while they search but there is no right to any financial help."

After Madeleine disappeared, Patricia took on the role of babysitter for Kate and Gerry's twins, Sean and Amelie, now five, while their parents searched.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccanns-aunt-explains-why-she-has-joined-1079005#sZWPw2tg6Hubhcf9.99

The organisation are asking the Government to give families of missing people the same rights as victims of crime, access to legal and financial assistance and emotional support.

In the meantime, Kate is exhausted juggling family life with writing a book she hopes will help finance the continued search for her daughter.

It is expected to be in shops next April, to coincide with the fourth anniversary of her disappearance.

Patricia is a nurse and the hands-on carer in the family.

Perhaps that's why it is unusual for her to take on a task like this for Missing People. The lobbying and the campaigning have always been roles for Gerry and Kate.

The role of Family Representative is the first of several planned new volunteer opportunities available in Scotland, and involves acting as a spokesperson to the media and local community.

All about the money it would seem. Given the parents had been too busy and tired to search for Madeleine that night. The only mitigating factor I can think of is that at least it is/was a voluntary post, assuming this is true.

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccanns-aunt-explains-why-she-has-joined-1079005#sZWPw2tg6Hubhcf9.99

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:44 pm

Poe wrote:I've just seen on another thread that the result of GA's appeal might be this week. If that is the case, then it's also possible that the original Kate & the twins articles were the start of the campaign to spin the verdict into something favourable for the McCanns and that KH's article was a completely unexpected bombshell.

Unless it was supposed to have been last week and they were premature in the soundbites.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 5 Empty Re:Kate and Coral.

Post  costello Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm

Brilliant, thanks Poster.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 29 Feb 2016, 8:53 pm

Thanks for posting that story poster, I had forgotten about this, some interesting reading there..

I have to say, still find it odd that family and friends had to step in to help with the mortgage, they were only away for 4 months maximum, and sick pay would cover most of that.  scratch

Anyway, I think we are going off topic with this. Neutral

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:43 pm

I just read Cristobell's latest blog and I do agree that it is disgraceful to place Kate McCann alongside April Jones' mother.

As for Kate McCann winning an award.....for what, exactly? Parental neglect maybe?

http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/nine-years-and-we-cant-solve-it-either.html#comment-form
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:49 pm

It does appear though that the award isn't worth the paper or card it's printed on.

Sadly it's not the first time that Kate has ingratiated herself with Coral Jones.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 02 Mar 2016, 11:27 am

Freedom wrote:It does appear though that the award isn't worth the paper or card it's printed on.

Sadly it's not the first time that Kate has ingratiated herself with Coral Jones.

---

Indeed. I think KM is being very foolish to keep appearing in the public eye when, if public comments about her in the media are anything to go by, she is unpopular.

However I do think that there is some sort of 'game' being played out here by the media. The media love to 'big' people up and then cut them down from the pedestal with much gloating.

This 'award' stuff must be a (rather desperate, imo) attempt at some good PR for Kate in anticipation of other news that might be damaging for the gruesome twosome.

GM appears to have gone into hibernation.

I know I was lynched over the way when I shared a little anecdote but I will share it again as it might shed light on the Tapas state of mind.

I was walking up a busy high street a few months back and noticed a man jogging along who was a dead-ringer for Matthew Oldfield. I stopped in my tracks probably because I have spent much longer than I should scrutinizing those 'Madeleine was Here' episodes and being genuinely amazed that TM were prepared to appear in them and leave them for ever in the public domain. The series, imo, is simply dripping with clues and innuendos. There is nothing in them that would help find Madeleine as far as I can see. It is difficult to see what they were trying to achieve really apart from making them all look dodgy, imo.

But I digress. It was quite interesting for me to come pretty much face to face with a stranger whose facial and body language I had scrutinized from those videos.

I watched him for a few seconds and what stood out for me was that he looked self-conscious and his eyes seemed to be darting around as if to say: "Is anyone noticing me?"

Intrigued, I got into my car and tried to drive past him as he jogged off to take another look and to establish whether it really had been him or perhaps I had been mistaken but he had disappeared.

Several posters over the way rounded on me and accused me of 'stalking' him which was pretty risible. My interest was momentarily piqued in the way that it is when you come across someone famous. As time passed, I couldn't really care less whether it was him or not. I find all members of TM creepy.

However, given that Matt works reasonably near that area it is perfectly possible it was him and I do think I was right.

It struck me - partly based on his demeanor - that the Tapas must now be quite - what is the word - 'notorious' perhaps - not necessarily what they would wish of course.

The McCann curse must have struck so many people, imo. And not in good ways. Although of course it made a lot of people a lot of money.

But I do think that KH article is a strong indicator that the tide is turning quite dramatically and I agree with others that the 'award ceremony' was a damp squib.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 02 Mar 2016, 11:44 am

If it's any consolation poster I would likely have done the same thing, out of curiosity if nothing else. It hardly constitutes stalking to make a one off detour to see if it was him. I wonder who led that particular attack on you. Someone who knows all about stalking innocent people I'd wager.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:54 pm

Not read it but...

Mum of murdered April Jones wants to meet sick killer face to face in jail

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-murdered-april-jones-wants-7592855#ICID=ios_TMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:43 am

What a desperately sad story.

I can't imagine for one minute that Bridger will say what happened to April.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 20 Mar 2016, 11:59 am

Freedom wrote:What a desperately sad story.

I can't imagine for one minute that Bridger will say what happened to April.

I agree Freedom, poor family Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 May 2016, 7:17 am

Just scrawled through the various Missing People websites to see if anything is reported on my good friend Tony Bennett.

Can't seem to find anything.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 19 May 2016, 7:33 am

Here, I read across the way that the mcs requested to be removed from missing people abroad (I think that's the name)!?! Now why would they do that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 19 May 2016, 8:28 am

Dipped in to have a look but can't see anything.. Do you know the exact name of said organisation....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 19 May 2016, 8:35 am

The threads called missing people collaborates with missing abroad charity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 19 May 2016, 9:37 am

This topic do you mean?

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12849-missing-people-collaborates-with-missing-abroad-charity

This isn't new though, there was an earlier topic about it a few years ago.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 19 May 2016, 9:46 am

Yep Freedom, that's the one, I never knew they asked to be removed though, mad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 19 May 2016, 11:51 am

If I'm thinking of the relevant earlier topic on CMoMM, there was a big kerfuffle over an e-mail between a member there and someone at Missing People Abroad being posted on the forum without the permission of the latter.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 5 Empty Song time for Maddie

Post  Satsuma Fri 20 May 2016, 8:35 am

removed as Andrew posted this story about a second before me - well done Andrew, you win!

Last edited by Satsuma on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 20 May 2016, 8:42 am

Me and Sat started a topic at the same time.

Perhaps you can merge, mods.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 20 May 2016, 8:44 am

Merged the two threads from Andrew and Satsuma, both started exactly the same time.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 20 May 2016, 8:57 am

Snipped:

They also want to reach more of the 140,000 children who disappear every year.

That's 383 children every day. (that's a lot of children)

Just looked to see how many of those 383 are reported missing today.....

None.

(the song is actually called 'I hope')

I hope that Madeleine gets justice very soon and those accountable are punished.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 20 May 2016, 9:23 am

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Missing-People-Choir-Voice-Friends/dp/B01EXR1CZC

£1.38 - if anybody is inclined to buy it.

2p of that goes to Chesney and the rest fills the coffers of all who work at 'Missing People'.... Salaries as otherwise known.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next