MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing People news

+27
niklasericson
bluebell
seahorse
PMR
gbwales
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
joyce1938
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
Guinea Pig
Dee Coy
froggy
chrissie
hesla
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Admin
Heisenburg
Bampots
Rosa canina
Andrew
costello
Poe
candyfloss
Antonia
Freedom
31 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Missing People news - Page 4 Empty Re: Missing People news

Post  Freedom Sat 27 Feb 2016, 9:05 am

Very smart by Bob's usual standard.

It's strange that such a "prestigious" event hasn't received more coverage in the tabloids.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:24 am

Oh, the irony of this...

www.childabduction.org.uk/
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:08 pm

Freedom wrote:Very smart by Bob's usual standard.

It's strange that such a "prestigious" event hasn't received more coverage in the tabloids.

I think they are clutching at straws. The Mcs reputation is pretty much in tatters if the comments in the media are anything to go by.

Geldof looks a bit crazy these days and has always been a bit of a loose cannon.

I presume this is the best they could come up with and the press weren't interested.

I do find it of considerable interest that Geldof is prepared to hitch himself to this particular initiative, given that public opinion does not appear to be in favour of the McCanns. Is he shooting himself in the foot here? It really doesn't put him in a good light, imo.

Perhaps people are scared to associate him given that the grim reaper seems to strike down those around him?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:32 pm

Rosa canina wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Bampots wrote:any member of the public hire these rooms then? Does it need a member of parliament to do it? Or is Kate just special....

Not sure if anyone can just hire it but it seems to be advertised for use for Weddings/Civil Partnerships, Bampots: http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/venue-hire/weddings/

£1,000 plus VAT.

http://anncoffeymp.com/sign-up-for-child-rescue-alert-and-save-lives/

Is it normal that a PR is issued on the day of an awards ceremony? Seems a bit of a rush job and a bit late to announce it to me.

Good find, though.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 28 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm

I wonder if the DM and KH had heard that there was going to be a gala dinner and an award and KH's article in the DM was pre-emptive of that, written with the exact purpose of taking the wind out of their sails. How could the gala dinner and award ceremony get any good press at all following KH's very high profile story about the McCanns being published? If I had to guess at anything, I'd say the award ceremony and the gala dinner were planned, and the usual advance press release was prepared and sent out to all the media outlets, prompting KH to write her damning story... the result being that most of the other media outlets decided to ignore the gala dinner and award ceremony altogether. And in doing so, sent a message of their own.

ETA: Remember in the run-up to this award and gala ceremony we had the spate of "Kate's Agony" articles in the newspapers, probably largely prompted by TM. This makes me think even more that it was all supposed to culminate with this huge splash of PR re: the award and the gala dinner... and it fizzled. Completely and utterly.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:26 pm

canada12 wrote:I wonder if the DM and KH had heard that there was going to be a gala dinner and an award and KH's article in the DM was pre-emptive of that, written with the exact purpose of taking the wind out of their sails. How could the gala dinner and award ceremony get any good press at all following KH's very high profile story about the McCanns being published? If I had to guess at anything, I'd say the award ceremony and the gala dinner were planned, and the usual advance press release was prepared and sent out to all the media outlets, prompting KH to write her damning story... the result being that most of the other media outlets decided to ignore the gala dinner and award ceremony altogether. And in doing so, sent a message of their own.

ETA: Remember in the run-up to this award and gala ceremony we had the spate of "Kate's Agony" articles in the newspapers, probably largely prompted by TM. This makes me think even more that it was all supposed to culminate with this huge splash of PR re: the award and the gala dinner... and it fizzled. Completely and utterly.

lol!

----

I think you are spot-on here. KH decided to 'do a spoiler'. Thank God - someone had to knock them off their perch it was getting excruciatingly embarrassing, imo.

Serves them all right.

I would view with suspicion anyone who hitches themselves to the TM wagon.

Even less than a year ago the Mcs were still able to drum up a few a few more people for a photo-op. Although I think it's a disgrace that CEOP are in partnership with Missing People given that Kate McCann is an ambassador. It's just incredible... Shocked Even a child could work out that their version of events does not bear scrutiny.

The National Curriculum should use it as a case study - would be very educational, imo!

Snipped from link below:

Kate and Gerry McCann were among a group of 30 guests and supporters of UK charity Missing People at Stobo Castle for the first Child Rescue Alert dinner in Scotland.
Their daughter Madeleine went missing on a family holiday in Portugal eight years ago.

The local event was hosted by Stobo owner Stephen Winyard who is also a patron of the Child Rescue Alert system which is managed by the charity.

The Child Rescue Alert system, which is a partnership between CEOP, a command of the National Crime Agency, the charity Missing People and Groupcall, offers vital, rapid public outreach when a child is known to have been abducted or their life is believed to be at immediate risk.

Amber Alert, a similar system in the United States, has been responsible for finding over 750 child safe and well. In the past year, more than 280,000 people have signed up to receive free Child Rescue Alerts to their phones via sms, email and an app.

So we know that part of the 'wider agenda' was to introduce a UK version of 'Amber Alert'. I really do think that the Mcs messed up the script majorly and CEOP are now left looking foolish by continuing to use Kate as 'ambassador'. There is no evidence to suggest Madeleine was abducted and there is much to suggest the parents and their friends covered up what really happened.

If the media decide to run with KH's view, how are all those high profile people going to avoid embarrassment? Interesting how low-key GM is. Perhaps he is hoping that if the sh** hits the fan it will be KM in the firing range...

http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/news/13591084.Child_Rescue_Alert_at_Stobo/
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm

The Child Rescue Alert system, which is a partnership between CEOP, a command of the National Crime Agency, the charity Missing People and Groupcall, offers vital, rapid public outreach when a child is known to have been abducted or their life is believed to be at immediate risk.

I find this more than a little scary!

affraid
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:37 pm

There's a lot of profit to be made from "missing children", "exploited children", "children at risk", "lost children", "runaway children", "children at large", "anything remotely related to any kind of children's charity", "children in general", "things involving children that people will donate money to"... etc.

IMO one of the biggest scams going. Create a thing that ostensibly helps "children"... make an app, make it a charity, invite people to buy into it (literally) and you're away. Even better if you can attract big money from celebrities and the government....

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:38 pm

Does anyone know what sort of following they have, how many people have signed up for alerts?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:41 pm

poster wrote:The Child Rescue Alert system, which is a partnership between CEOP, a command of the National Crime Agency, the charity Missing People and Groupcall, offers vital, rapid public outreach when a child is known to have been abducted or their life is believed to be at immediate risk.

affraid

I find it more than a little.... connected. Are these the major players behind this?

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 28 Feb 2016, 6:46 pm

froggy wrote:Does anyone know what sort of following they have, how many people have signed up for alerts?

KH tweeted yesterday that the Sun wanted 1 million to sign up but they are still 965,000 short. So 35,000.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 7:33 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
froggy wrote:Does anyone know what sort of following they have, how many people have signed up for alerts?

KH tweeted yesterday that the Sun wanted 1 million to sign up but they are still 965,000 short. So 35,000.

---

This gives them a big database of people's names and personal details. Would you trust them with your personal details.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone who has signed up.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 7:40 pm

canada12 wrote:There's a lot of profit to be made from "missing children",  "exploited children", "children at risk", "lost children", "runaway children", "children at large", "anything remotely related to any kind of children's charity", "children in general", "things involving children that people will donate money to"... etc.

IMO one of the biggest scams going. Create a thing that ostensibly helps "children"... make an app, make it a charity, invite people to buy into it (literally) and you're away. Even better if you can attract big money from celebrities and the government....

----

So it would seem. Ill/sick children also is a cause that generates large donations.

One of my children was in Great Ormond Street Hospital at one stage and I spent longer there than I would like to remember there. I got to know a bit about what was going on and I was amazed by how much money flooded in to their charity.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 28 Feb 2016, 7:48 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
poster wrote:The Child Rescue Alert system, which is a partnership between CEOP, a command of the National Crime Agency, the charity Missing People and Groupcall, offers vital, rapid public outreach when a child is known to have been abducted or their life is believed to be at immediate risk.

affraid

I find it more than a little.... connected. Are these the major players behind this?

---

Well - CEOP springs to mind Jim Gamble.

Missing People springs to mind Kate and Gerry McCann.

And Groupcall is connected with Bob Geldolf - according to what I have read in the media - but I am not sure exactly what his role is?

http://www.groupcall.com/about-us
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 4 Empty Gropecall...?

Post  Rosa canina Sun 28 Feb 2016, 10:09 pm

Uncle Bob's the co-founder of the Groupcall business.

This picture was taken from their website - to me it looks like

a grinning tramp :

Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 Untitledyr_zpszhsacqwh

I'm not sure how hands-on he is there day-to-day -

- but he's quite the touchy-feely bugger on display :

Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 Images3ZFSEJQ1_zpsc6z6axmm Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 12615538_939486726137308_5978087264101454133_o_zpse4kfdcy7

Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 ImagesOLCS360F_zpsdpvnknvq 

and of course his arm around the waist of Lady Meyer further upthread...!

(Dim Fiona looks like she's wearing school uniform)

It's not just the ladies who are treated to Dodgy Bob up close'n'personal :

Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 Tony-blair_geldof_zpsh7xewcuy

and of course bonny Prince Charlie himself at Live Aid :

Missing People news - Page 4 <a href=Missing People news - Page 4 3226986_orig_zpsnxyq0avg

My opinion only.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:20 am

canada12 wrote:I wonder if the DM and KH had heard that there was going to be a gala dinner and an award and KH's article in the DM was pre-emptive of that, written with the exact purpose of taking the wind out of their sails. How could the gala dinner and award ceremony get any good press at all following KH's very high profile story about the McCanns being published? If I had to guess at anything, I'd say the award ceremony and the gala dinner were planned, and the usual advance press release was prepared and sent out to all the media outlets, prompting KH to write her damning story... the result being that most of the other media outlets decided to ignore the gala dinner and award ceremony altogether. And in doing so, sent a message of their own.

The alternative is that the McCanns were tipped off that KH was writing an article in the DM that was going to be critical of the McCanns.

The pre-emptive stories about Kate & the twins failed to take the sting out of KH's writing and didn't cause the hoped for backlash against KH, so they quickly cobbled together an awards ceremony to divert attention ...and failed miserably.

I think that the pre-planning of the article, the writing, the getting it checked by lawyers and signed off by the management, bearing in mind that KH was also dealing with an impeding operation, would having taken quite some time.

An award ceremony can be cobbled together in a day.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:28 am

Maybe the ceremony was a rush job - complete with made-up award - but it's still strange that there was so little press coverage of it.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:37 am

And amazing that Katie's got so much attention.

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:55 am

Perhaps I've misunderstood the concept, but I find this missing child alert quite a weird idea anyway. Surely local radio stations and TV news is the very best way to disseminate such information? You want everyone in the relevant area to see the alert, not a relatively small bunch of well-wishers spread across the country.
And - on a more cynical note - how can we be sure all the people who sign up to alerts are genuine well wishers? Surely a predatory paedophile would find news of vulnerable children who have gone missing in a specific area of particular interest? Wouldn't a service providing him with regular up-to-the-minute alerts about these vulnerable missing children be potentially 'useful'?
I'm not saying the alert isn't well intentioned, but to me it seems a bit ill conceived.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:58 am

I've just seen on another thread that the result of GA's appeal might be this week. If that is the case, then it's also possible that the original Kate & the twins articles were the start of the campaign to spin the verdict into something favourable for the McCanns and that KH's article was a completely unexpected bombshell.

Perhaps the award gala was planned to be at a later date as a more lavish event with more celebs and more publicity but KH, and the public response to her writing, caused panic so a quickie ceremony was the best that team McCann could come up with.

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Mon 29 Feb 2016, 12:56 pm

Hi Poe ,I think you are spot on ,this wasn't a planned event ,but done by the man that had given to them right at start ,so he is helping out again.joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:23 pm

Poe wrote:I've just seen on another thread that the result of GA's appeal might be this week. If that is the case, then it's also possible that the original Kate & the twins articles were the start of the campaign to spin the verdict into something favourable for the McCanns and that KH's article was a completely unexpected bombshell.

Perhaps the award gala was planned to be at a later date as a more lavish event with more celebs and more publicity but KH, and the public response to her writing, caused panic so a quickie ceremony was the best that team McCann could come up with.

This would be such good news. I think you might be right. The lavish star-studded dinner with Ambassador Kate which would launch the alert with much fan-fare has been given a metaphorical custard pie in the face.

Or maybe it's just eggs on faces all around.

One can but hope!
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:32 pm

Popcorn wrote:Perhaps I've misunderstood the concept, but I find this missing child alert quite a weird idea anyway. Surely local radio stations and TV news is the very best way to disseminate such information? You want everyone in the relevant area to see the alert, not a relatively small bunch of well-wishers spread across the country.
And - on a more cynical note - how can we be sure all the people who sign up to alerts are genuine well wishers? Surely a predatory paedophile would find news of vulnerable children who have gone missing in a specific area of particular interest? Wouldn't a service providing him with regular up-to-the-minute alerts about these vulnerable missing children be potentially 'useful'?
I'm not saying the alert isn't well intentioned, but to me it seems a bit ill conceived.

I couldn't agree more. If the people who sign up are not vetted then how do they know that information about a missing child might not fall into the wrong hands?

I'd love to hear from someone who has signed up. How much information do you have to give?

This gives TM a data-bank of 'believers' surely? Unless a few "trolls" infiltrate the ranks, of course! Wink

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:39 pm

This appears to be how you register. With your name, email and both home and work postcode and how you heard about the system.

Why would it be safe to allow unvetted people access to information about a missing child.

This question is addressed in the questions and answers:

Is it safe to send missing children's information out when there are no checks in place for those signing up to the system?

The decision to issue a Child Rescue Alert is made by the police, who will determine whether an alert is going to help them to locate that child. This decision will be based on the criteria to issue a Child Rescue Alert (see above) and as with any information put into the public domain for any missing child, will balance any possible risks to the child in publicising their disappearance against the risks faced by the child. In order for a Child Rescue Alert to be issued, the police will have a reasonable belief that the missing child is at imminent risk of harm or death and that involving the local community may help bring the child to safety as quickly as possible.

https://www.childrescuealert.org.uk/register
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:46 pm

More from the questions and answers:

Will Child Rescue Alert cost me money?

No. It costs nothing to sign up and Alerts cost nothing to reach you.

When we send you a Child Rescue Alert by text message it will contain a link to a specially created page on this website that shows the child’s picture and provides more details. Please note that following the link will use part of your free data allowance, or could incur a cost if you don’t have a data allowance. Note also that, if you could receive a Child Rescue Alert by text message when you are abroad, following the link to the website may also incur roaming charges. Please contact your phone provider for precise costs.

To help the charity Missing People continue to be able to provide Child Rescue Alert for free, please make a donation here.

There's something 'off' about all this.

It's not free because what is the point of signing up if you are not going to follow the link to the webpage that shows the child's picture and provides more details? Data allowance is not 'free' it comes as part of a paid-for package.

What is a broadband data allowance?
A broadband data allowance is the amount of internet data you can use every month as part of your regular monthly plan. If you end up going over this limit, your provider might slow down your broadband speed or even add an extra charge to your bill.
Some deals come with unlimited data, which means you aren't restricted by a data cap, and you can happily stream or download as many tunes and videos as you like. Others might carry a more stringent data cap - so it's always important to ask yourself whether the deal you're opting for will give you a large enough data allowance, before you sign up.

http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/faqs/what-is-a-broadband-data-allowance/

Last edited by poster on Mon 29 Feb 2016, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next